Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chester City fans have cast the Steve Evans gauntlet, the chairman would be wise not to pick it up
3mm
post May 7 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #1

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

We can all rest assured about one thing. The chairman allegedly reads DevaChat, so he can be under no illusion whatsoever as to what will happen if Steve Evans is appointed.

After the threats to relocate and rename the club, it is clear that the feelings of the fans carry little weight, but the massive loss of pre-season revenue from unsold season tickets might carry a little more.

Chester City fans have cast the Steve Evans gauntlet.

The chairman would be wise not to pick it up!

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hoole Seal
post May 7 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #2

On The Deck

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3106

Yes that's true, the feelings of the fans do carry little weight. I wonder how many people would not buy a season ticket in protest at SV's outbursts,

the way he treats us and the way in which he runs the club?

Maybe this would wake him up to act in a more professional manner that would be beneficial to the club.

--------------------
Up The Seals

+Quote Post
NWAS
post May 7 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #3

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 11

Frying pan to fire. Are you all alone SV, is anybody home?

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Ali
post May 7 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #4

One step forward, two steps back!
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

He said it would be a popular appointment, I can't for one minute think that he meant only popular in the Evans and Vaughan households!!!

+Quote Post
Hoole Seal
post May 7 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #5

On The Deck

At least they know we're no clowns, we won't back down, don't need them to tell us what's going down.

--------------------
Up The Seals

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post May 7 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #6

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

Surely the appointment of Evans would be the end of the club we all love - the man is a disgrace and even if SV offered TEN free games he could stick them where the sun don't shine - I wouldn't be setting foot in the SHS with him in charge!

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
Hoole Seal
post May 7 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #7

On The Deck

Whether Evan's is appointed or not, we already have a man in charge who has treated the club and its supporters with a lack of respect over the past 3

years. If there is this much opposition to a possible appointment of Evan's, then surely we should be protesting against the chairman in the same way,

who in my eyes has commited far worse than Evan's who hasn't even set foot in Chester yet.

--------------------
Up The Seals

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post May 7 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #8

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Hoole Seal @ May 7 2007, 05:56 PM) *
Whether Evan's is appointed or not, we already have a man in charge who has treated the club and its supporters with a lack of respect over the past 3

years. If there is this much opposition to a possible appointment of Evan's, then surely we should be protesting against the chairman in the same way,

who in my eyes has commited far worse than Evan's who hasn't even set foot in Chester yet.

In an article in "The Sunday Times" Sports section,in an article by David McKay,about Bostons demise,I quote "For Boston the war of attrition continues,manager Steve Evans is departing to Chester City......"

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post May 7 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

I can assure Mr.Vaughan that if Evans is(unbelievably)appointed I will not be attending any games henceforth.

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
Chester Lion
post May 7 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1498

Chill out guys.... Vaughan is in charge and can appoint who he chooses. There is nothing we can do about it...

Ok, we all hope and pray that he doesn't appoint Evans, but lets not start slagging him off for appointing Evans before he has even made a decision.

IF he does appoint Evans then we can worry, panic and slag him off, but until then, lets keep the faith....

--------------------
QUOTE (King Monkey @ Mar 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
I love a good internet argument, much more fun than going out of the house and seeing real people.

"I have enough money to keep this club afloat for the rest of my life, should I wish to do it."

Gone but not forgotten, Stephen Vaughan ROT IN HELL!!!

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 7 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #11

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ May 7 2007, 06:13 PM) *
In an article in "The Sunday Times" Sports section,in an article by David McKay,about Bostons demise,I quote "For Boston the war of attrition continues,manager Steve Evans is departing to Chester City......"

So that's the Sunday Times and The Telegraph singing from the same hymnsheet. Those are respectable newspapers, so it looks really bad.

The only way I can see it being presented is if the club say Evans was the only person to apply. What concerns me is that no-one else has been identified by the media. Was anyone seen at Lincoln? I wonder if people have been put off by grapevine gossip that the post is destined for Steve Evans no matter what and have not applied accordingly.

You would think that such an unpopular choice could not possibly be made but, after the relocation threat and the application to rename the club, who knows? It will confirm that the opinion of the fans counts for nothing if this goes ahead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 7 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #12

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Hoole Seal @ May 7 2007, 12:22 PM) *
At least they know we're no clowns, we won't back down, don't need them to tell us what's going down.

Down, down, down, down da-down, down, down biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post May 7 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #13

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ May 7 2007, 07:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ May 7 2007, 06:13 PM) *

So that's the Sunday Times and The Telegraph singing from the same hymnsheet. Those are respectable newspapers, so it looks really bad.

The only way I can see it being presented is if the club say Evans was the only person to apply. What concerns me is that no-one else has been identified by the media. Was anyone seen at Lincoln? I wonder if people have been put off by grapevine gossip that the post is destined for Steve Evans no matter what and have not applied accordingly.

You would think that such an unpopular choice could not possibly be made but, after the relocation threat and the application to rename the club, who knows? It will confirm that the opinion of the fans counts for nothing if this goes ahead.

Sorry John,it was the "Telegraph" i was thinking today was Sunday. blush.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 7 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #14

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ May 7 2007, 07:49 PM) *

Well, that's a relief but, Chris ... how could you? I almost had one of my funny turns after seeing your Sunday Times post! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chester fan
post May 7 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2161

QUOTE (3mm @ May 7 2007, 12:02 PM) *
We can all rest assured about one thing. The chairman allegedly reads DevaChat, so he can be under no illusion whatsoever as to what will happen if Steve Evans is appointed.

After the threats to relocate and rename the club, it is clear that the feelings of the fans carry little weight, but the massive loss of pre-season revenue from unsold season tickets might carry a little more.

Chester City fans have cast the Steve Evans gauntlet.

The chairman would be wise not to pick it up!

I am sorry so why do i have a problem being reasured by this from the same man that said MW would never step foot in our club again ? or words to that effect ?

This post has been edited by chester fan: May 7 2007, 07:01 PM

+Quote Post
Elwood P Dowd
post May 7 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #16

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 488

How many threads do we need on this fat tool Evans? He's not coming to Chester, so it's pointless.

Get a grip guys!

--------------------
“The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I’m right and you’re wrong!” John Peel.

+Quote Post
chester fan
post May 7 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Elwood P Dowd @ May 7 2007, 08:00 PM) *
How many threads do we need on this fat tool Evans? He's not coming to Chester, so it's pointless.

Get a grip guys!

And you know this because ? your info comes from ? your 100 % sure because ?
I would rather fight it now than sit on my ass and say he is not coming and make sure he wont come

This post has been edited by chester fan: May 7 2007, 07:05 PM

+Quote Post
kishonadish
post May 7 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #18

Squirrels!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1032

The Chronicle says that SV has stated that it would be a popular choice, so unless he has been living on another planet, has had a full frontal lobotomy or has completely lost the plot....Evans will not be coming...........................

Or WILL HE??????????????????

--------------------
Chester FC Fan......and CHUFFING PROUD OF IT!

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post May 7 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #19

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ May 7 2007, 07:53 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ May 7 2007, 07:49 PM) *

Well, that's a relief but, Chris ... how could you? I almost had one of my funny turns after seeing your Sunday Times post! laugh.gif

I am totally mixed up with the days John,these Bank Holidays have got me all confused,apologies again! bowdown.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elwood P Dowd
post May 7 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #20

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (chester fan @ May 7 2007, 08:03 PM) *

Get a grip guys!

I would rather fight it now than sit on my ass and say he is not coming and make sure he wont come

Because I have a brain in my head. Think about it, why would he do it? It makes no sense, it just won't happen.

Where is AAS when you need him? We seriously require some 'flap, flap, panic, panic' quotes!

--------------------
“The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I’m right and you’re wrong!” John Peel.

+Quote Post
chester fan
post May 7 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #21

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Elwood P Dowd @ May 7 2007, 08:20 PM) *
QUOTE (chester fan @ May 7 2007, 08:03 PM) *

Get a grip guys!

Because I have a brain in my head. Think about it, why would he do it? It makes no sense, it just won't happen.

Where is AAS when you need him? We seriously require some 'flap, flap, panic, panic' quotes!

MW made no sense after him walking out and the s**t around it did it ? oh well time will tell i hope your right but we will see.
Will sv strike again the sense comes with svj lets see

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 7 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

The name change plan made no sense but that was only stopped by the FA. It's hard to make sense if you've got no sense, and sadly our chairman doesn't seem to have any at times!

+Quote Post
Elwood P Dowd
post May 7 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #23

1st team captain
Group Icon

Methinks people are going to look pretty silly once the actual name is announced.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 7 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (Elwood P Dowd @ May 7 2007, 07:39 PM) *
Methinks people are going to look pretty silly once the actual name is announced.

I'll happily look silly if it's someone relatively sensible

+Quote Post
Hoole Seal
post May 7 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #25

On The Deck

QUOTE (XWWB @ May 7 2007, 08:37 PM) *
The name change plan made no sense but that was only stopped by the FA. It's hard to make sense if you've got no sense, and sadly our chairman doesn't seem to have any at times!

Then we must unite fellow comrades! A call to arms is upon us! The revolution is nigh! Thou shalt not buy season ticket until thy King keepeth the

sacred game within City limits and doth not play thy Prince within the team of glory! Thou sword of thy supporters is God's greatest weapon against all

evil! All for one and one for all!

--------------------
Up The Seals

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2020 - 06:56 PM