Reply to this topicStart new topic
> braintree gate
poolepirate
post Jan 7 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 4623

excellent win today at a ground that is never easy to go to and with a threadbare squad makes the 3 points even better.
heard during the blues live commentary the attendance as being 700 odd
i wonder how clubs manage on such a low gate we show concern when ours is about 1500/1600 do they have a sugar daddy to finance them ? if not we need a few tips from them (and clubs like them ) on how to put out a team to compete in our league on such low gates seeing as in general the revenue from home games has to finance the club for 2 weeks and provide transport/accomodation no doubt for the team as their location is so "out of the way "
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jan 7 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #2

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

I don't think they have a sugar daddy. Just a well run club who showed what can be done with a good manager last season.

Not sure we need too many tips off them though, given that they're struggling this season and we've beaten them home and away. Think clubs should be looking to us for tips to be honest, especially the likes of Eastleigh, who are rolling in cash but achieving very little.

+Quote Post
Churton Blue
post Jan 7 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #3

Squad player

Member No.: 4879

QUOTE (XWWB @ Jan 7 2017, 08:36 PM) *
I don't think they have a sugar daddy. Just a well run club who showed what can be done with a good manager last season.

Not sure we need too many tips off them though, given that they're struggling this season and we've beaten them home and away. Think clubs should be looking to us for tips to be honest, especially the likes of Eastleigh, who are rolling in cash but achieving very little.

All the clubs with small gates in the National League are being subsidised by an individual or several individuals. Chairman Lee Harding is almost certainly putting the money in to Braintree. That said he is probably the best of the Chairman of his type, probably forgotten more about football than Dale Vince will ever know.

+Quote Post
old boneze
post Jan 8 2017, 05:06 AM
Post #4

Predict-a-score champion 2010-11. 2011-12. 2013-14
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1883

While Braintree have a different ownership structure, in many ways they are very similar to CFC.
They have a group of enthusiastic volunteers without whom they could not survive. They are debt free and live entirely within their means.
I don't know Lee Harding but the people I spoke to yesterday were full of praise for his stewardship.

The people there are very friendly and the place has a real family feel about it.
I hope they survive in the National League.

+Quote Post
Churton Blue
post Jan 8 2017, 09:29 AM
Post #5

Squad player

Member No.: 4879

QUOTE (old boneze @ Jan 8 2017, 05:06 AM) *
While Braintree have a different ownership structure, in many ways they are very similar to CFC.
They have a group of enthusiastic volunteers without whom they could not survive. They are debt free and live entirely within their means.
I don't know Lee Harding but the people I spoke to yesterday were full of praise for his stewardship.

The people there are very friendly and the place has a real family feel about it.
I hope they survive in the National League.

Lee Harding famously said a four or five years ago that he did not believe in paying a player more than £400 per week. I would doubt CFC are paying any player that much now so I doubt Braintree live within their means in the way we would think of it.

This post has been edited by Churton Blue: Jan 8 2017, 09:29 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 12:17 AM