Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BT Sport
Mustafa Sandal
post Aug 5 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #1

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5555

Anybody sucessfully got this working yet.

I can view it on my PC but the viewing area is encased by big black stripes top and bottom so make the screen rather small.

My smart phone (HTC Desire) apparently runs the wrong operating system so I can't have it on there.

Just tried to add it to my Sky Card (I am a BT Broadband Customer) and the site sent me packing with a message to ring a helpline (which was closed)

All in all not too encouraging.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Aug 5 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

I've managed to get it.

Had the whole BT package for about 6 months though now, TV, broadband, phone line and all that so it seems BT Sport was just added to the list of channels on the TV guide.

Couldn't say how well its working as a whole though, I only watched a bit of the Man City vs. Bayern game the other day but it all seemed to be working fine.

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post
NorwegianBlue
post Aug 6 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #3

Chester til I die

Member No.: 8140

Is it possible to view from overseas?

Bear in mind that I'm not a UK resident so therefore don't have a BT account.

--------------------
I was there : 27-11-90 The 409 club.
I was there : 31-08-13 The 888 club.
I was there : 22-09-14 The "94th minute" club.

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Aug 6 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

All my stuff arrived on the 31st July phone app is better than SKY go for accessability had no problems with the TV service the only thing I have had is the broadband is a bit choppy keeps dropping out and stopping. If you are thinking of changing to BT then do it through Quidco I got £90 cashback and a £100 Sainsburys voucher.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Aug 6 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #5

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

QUOTE (Hugh Jass @ Aug 6 2013, 12:49 PM) *
All my stuff arrived on the 31st July phone app is better than SKY go for accessability had no problems with the TV service the only thing I have had is the broadband is a bit choppy keeps dropping out and stopping. If you are thinking of changing to BT then do it through Quidco I got £90 cashback and a £100 Sainsburys voucher.

Do you use the power line adapters, or hard wired to your router ?

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Aug 6 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Aug 6 2013, 12:54 PM) *

You are talking to someone who thinks its an achievement to turn a PC on successfully you may need to explain that in child speak to me biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
BLUE CAMP
post Aug 6 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #7

ONLY IN THE DICTIONARY DOES SUCCESS COME BEFORE WORK

Member No.: 1849

Set up BT Broadband when I moved house in February, so BT Sport was an unexpected bonus. As I already had Sky, I set up BT Sport online via the BT website. Just gave them my Sky viewing card number and hey presto BT Sport available from August 1st on Sky channel 413 and 414. Got free HD 'cos I registered before Aug 1st. Both BT sport 1 & 2 (plus ESPN free) are fine, and BT Broadband unlimited is also fast and problem free (so far) ! Was going to add Sky sports when the football season started, but shall not bother now (particularly as BT are also showing 30 Skrill Premier games).

--------------------
60 YEARS OF LOYAL SUPPORT
ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Aug 6 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #8

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

Got it working fine on my tablet. But as BT infinity isnt available here yet the only way to get it on a TV is either through a Sky package or to plug the laptop into the TV.

BT really has dropped a clanger trying to entice people to sign up for BT infinity with the promise of free BT Sport only for most of the country still totally unable to get BT Infinity (Even BT tower in London cant get BT infinity yet)

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Aug 6 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #9

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

Apparently using Power Line Adapters isn't official supported by BT.

Try and hardwire it where you can.

I got it setup through work, quite good, really looking forward to watching the Conference games (refuse to call it the Skrill Premier)

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Aug 6 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #10

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Aug 6 2013, 04:00 PM) *
Got it working fine on my tablet. But as BT infinity isnt available here yet the only way to get it on a TV is either through a Sky package or to plug the laptop into the TV.

BT really has dropped a clanger trying to entice people to sign up for BT infinity with the promise of free BT Sport only for most of the country still totally unable to get BT Infinity (Even BT tower in London cant get BT infinity yet)

More and more areas getting enabled all the time, just takes time as there's only a finite amount of engineers available to do the required work.

Fortunately I've got Infinity biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Aug 6 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #11

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Aug 6 2013, 07:27 PM) *

I got it setup through work, quite good, really looking forward to watching the Conference games (refuse to call it the Skrill Premier)

Got them from BT when I had it fitted, but they have been hit and miss. Trouble is the router is opposite end of the house to the TV so hard wiring is not easy.

Quite like BT vision, its cheap and cheerful but the new interface 'upgrade' is a lot slower and more clumsy than the one it replaced. BT infinity is good though !

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Aug 6 2013, 09:03 PM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 6 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #12

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

I think the BT Tower is ok for BT Infinity. They were streaming gigs from there last year

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Aug 6 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #13

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Aug 6 2013, 10:02 PM) *

Got them from BT when I had it fitted, but they have been hit and miss. Trouble is the router is opposite end of the house to the TV so hard wiring is not easy.

Quite like BT vision, its cheap and cheerful but the new interface 'upgrade' is a lot slower and more clumsy than the one it replaced. BT infinity is good though !

Yeah it's not bad at all tbf, could do with a few more channels though. At the moment there are a lot of documentary channels you can get as extra, but would love to see something like HBO brought onto the platform, which would attract more people

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alan
post Aug 6 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2483

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Aug 6 2013, 11:01 PM) *
QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Aug 6 2013, 10:02 PM) *

Yeah it's not bad at all tbf, could do with a few more channels though. At the moment there are a lot of documentary channels you can get as extra, but would love to see something like HBO brought onto the platform, which would attract more people

No chance of that, Sky currently have the rights to HBO's catalogue broadcasting programmes through Sky Atlantic. You could argue that Sky will play increasing hardball with B.T. since their success in getting Premiership rights.

--------------------
Alan Povey
Chairman of City Fans United
Email: alan.povey@chesterfc.com
Twitter: @AJPovey83

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Aug 7 2013, 10:36 AM
Post #15

Exiled in York

QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 6 2013, 10:08 PM) *

I think the BT Tower is ok for BT Infinity. They were streaming gigs from there last year

My mistake it was the BT offices in The City that cant get Infinity yet

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jackrivl...in-such-a-mess/

+Quote Post
Chester Draws
post Aug 7 2013, 12:20 PM
Post #16

Youth team

Member No.: 9953

Bt infinity is great. 40mb downloads in Garden lane, hub is good and free confrence football. Unlucky at the mo but well worth persevering with

This post has been edited by Chester Draws: Aug 7 2013, 12:21 PM

+Quote Post
flamboyant
post Aug 7 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #17

1st team regular

Member No.: 9773

Is that really the case population wise, or just geographically?
All three Chester telephone exchanges (including Saltney, Blacon), Ellesmere Port, Hooton, Neston, Hawarden (including Broughton), Connahs Quay (serving all of Deeside) Mold Buckley etc etc etc all enabled.

I think you still can't get it in places such as Saughall, Mollington, Flint and Caergwrle but I'd imagine these people can do without it as they're all busy inbreeding.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Aug 7 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #18

Exiled in York

QUOTE (flamboyant @ Aug 7 2013, 02:25 PM) *

All three Chester telephone exchanges (including Saltney, Blacon), Ellesmere Port, Hooton, Neston, Hawarden (including Broughton), Connahs Quay (serving all of Deeside) Mold Buckley etc etc etc all enabled.

I think you still can't get it in places such as Saughall, Mollington, Flint and Caergwrle but I'd imagine these people can do without it as they're all busy inbreeding.

I live just off liverpool road about a 5 minute walk from chester city centre and we still cant get it. Reading the article I posted earlier it seems there is no logical order to the places that are being enabled.

+Quote Post
flamboyant
post Aug 9 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #19

1st team regular

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Aug 7 2013, 04:07 PM) *

I live just off liverpool road about a 5 minute walk from chester city centre and we still cant get it. Reading the article I posted earlier it seems there is no logical order to the places that are being enabled.

Whilst the exchange is enabled, the green box at the roadside you're connected to may not be. Perhaps there wasn't space for one of the big green fibre boxes next to it, or there's always the classic excuse 'not economically viable'

+Quote Post
ulster blue boy
post Aug 9 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #20

The North Terrace Posties are legends.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 50

Got BT infinity now and BT sport in the flat.Overpool road in the Port. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IT ALL STARTED AT THE BRANDYWELL,THANKS GRANDAD.

ONCE A RANGER,ALWAYS A RANGER.(ROYAL IRISH THAT IS).
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CFU.

26/02/2010. NEED I SAY ANYMORE. I WILL. 10/03/2010. R.I.P. CCFC.

6TH MAY 2010,THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN.

EVO-STICK NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010-2011

EVO-STICK PREMIER CHAMPIONS 2011-2012

BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012-2013

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Aug 9 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #21

Exiled in York

QUOTE (flamboyant @ Aug 9 2013, 01:45 AM) *

Whilst the exchange is enabled, the green box at the roadside you're connected to may not be. Perhaps there wasn't space for one of the big green fibre boxes next to it, or there's always the classic excuse 'not economically viable'

Maybe some late night vandalism of green box is required. If they need to send somebody out to fix it he may as well uograde it whilst he is there.

+Quote Post
flamboyant
post Aug 9 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #22

1st team regular

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Aug 9 2013, 07:29 PM) *
QUOTE (flamboyant @ Aug 9 2013, 01:45 AM) *

Maybe some late night vandalism of green box is required. If they need to send somebody out to fix it he may as well uograde it whilst he is there.

Let me know how that goes, if it works there's a couple things about I'd like upgrading too

+Quote Post
post Aug 11 2013, 10:57 AM
Post #23

1st team legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 699

QUOTE (NorwegianBlue @ Aug 6 2013, 10:08 AM) *
Is it possible to view from overseas?

Bear in mind that I'm not a UK resident so therefore don't have a BT account.

I'm based in Germany and have recently got a VPN so I can access UK stuff such as iPlayer. That should be the solution.

+Quote Post
Mustafa Sandal
post Aug 11 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #24

Squad player

Member No.: 5555

Now got it working and was watching a bit of Rangers v Brechin City yesterday. Something I never knew the guy who plays up front for Rangers, Shiels, only has sight in one eye, must be pretty unique for a footballer.

+Quote Post
Bairns Blue
post Aug 12 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #25

1st team sub

Member No.: 4158

Is BT infinity only 40mbps? Virgin Broadband gives me 120 smile.gif Can't get BT Sport on Virgin though as they can't agree pricing with BT :doh

The latest 500 Mbps Powerline adapters should give you at least 100 Mbps in a badly wired house which is about the same speed as your get from a wired cat5 connection and plenty for streaming 1080p/HD video

This post has been edited by Bairns Blue: Aug 12 2013, 10:01 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2018 - 11:54 PM