Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marine - friendly (away), Match Thread
Rhodri
post Jul 23 2016, 12:52 PM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1019

A lot of trilalists and youngsters on show today...

GK: Keighan Jones; Sam Hughes, Joe Heath, Kieran Evans, James Baillie, Cameron Murray, Billy Reeves, Rakim Newton, Matty Waters, James Akintude, Matty Hamilton.

SUBS: Kevin Exell, Mike Muscat, Elliot Newitt, Lloyd Ellams, Oscar Mendes

Warrington-born full-back James Baillie, 20, is in the Chester squad today. Played 17 times for Crewe Alexandra in League One over last two seasons.

Twenty-year-old James Akintunde, formerly of Cambridge United and Histon, starts up front today.

Local lad Lloyd Ellams on the bench too, could he becomes another player to feature for both Chester City and Chester FC?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jul 23 2016, 01:17 PM
Post #2

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Wow, that's a totally different line-up to what you'd expect. I wonder what the first team are doing today?

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Jul 23 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

Marine 0-3 Akintude 2, Waters

Matty Waters with a superb free-kick, Sweetly struck free-kick with his left peg left keeper Cooper with no chance. Superb technique from the youngster. Impressive
First, Akintude prods home from James Baillie’s cut back and then, 60 seconds later, Akintude places from six yards from a Waters cut back. Decent.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/fo...marine-11654408

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jul 23 2016, 01:44 PM
Post #4

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

5-0 up before half time. Surely a few players staking their claim to be more than 'fringe players' here?

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jul 23 2016, 01:47 PM
Post #5

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Jul 23 2016, 02:37 PM) *

Matty Waters with a superb free-kick, Sweetly struck free-kick with his left peg left keeper Cooper with no chance. Superb technique from the youngster. Impressive
First, Akintude prods home from James Baillie’s cut back and then, 60 seconds later, Akintude places from six yards from a Waters cut back. Decent.

Whilst attending a Senior Blues committee meeting yesterday, i arrived just as a coach was leaving with youth players on board for a tour of Scotland, great times for our youngsters! bowdown.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Jul 23 2016, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jul 23 2016, 02:47 PM) *
QUOTE (a view from outside @ Jul 23 2016, 02:37 PM) *

Whilst attending a Senior Blues committee meeting yesterday, i arrived just as a coach was leaving with youth players on board for a tour of Scotland, great times for our youngsters! bowdown.gif

From twitter -
Chester FC Academy ‏@CFCYouthAcademy
The Youth Team ran out 2-1 winners at East Kilbride Under 20s. Kieron Button-Forshaw and Ilan Ap- Gareth the scorers. A day off for our Youth Team today before taking in Celtic vs Premier League Champions Leicester City at Celtic Park this evening.

+Quote Post
ulster blue boy
post Jul 23 2016, 01:54 PM
Post #7

The North Terrace Posties are legends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50

James Akintude with a hatrick.Looks promising

--------------------
IT ALL STARTED AT THE BRANDYWELL,THANKS GRANDAD.

ONCE A RANGER,ALWAYS A RANGER.(ROYAL IRISH THAT IS).
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CFU.

26/02/2010. NEED I SAY ANYMORE. I WILL. 10/03/2010. R.I.P. CCFC.

6TH MAY 2010,THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN.

EVO-STICK NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010-2011

EVO-STICK PREMIER CHAMPIONS 2011-2012

BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012-2013

+Quote Post
chester till i d...
post Jul 23 2016, 02:11 PM
Post #8

1st team regular

Member No.: 11800

scoreline was harsh on marine they started well in the 1st 15 mins

+Quote Post
chester till i d...
post Jul 23 2016, 02:49 PM
Post #9

1st team regular

Member No.: 11800

finished 3-5

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Jul 23 2016, 04:08 PM
Post #10

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

I went to the game, wouldn't have bothered if I knew it was just a load of trialists. Seems like an odd waste of a Saturday close to the start of the season - surely the first team should have had a match?

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Jul 23 2016, 04:38 PM
Post #11

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

Macca in the bar after the game.

We're looking at a well-known tall striker currently in the Welsh Premier.

He was impressed with one or two trialists (no prizes for guessing who)

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Jul 23 2016, 04:40 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Big Si @ Jul 23 2016, 05:08 PM) *
I went to the game, wouldn't have bothered if I knew it was just a load of trialists. Seems like an odd waste of a Saturday close to the start of the season - surely the first team should have had a match?

JM -
"I want to give some of the players a rest now because the training they have done for four weeks now means they have a little break. I want to do the training in four week blocks and then give them a break to allow the body to react and recover.
We will go again on Monday with a much more refined squad. There will only be a couple of extra players with us who haven't got contracts with us, and then we will really start to put some detail into the last two weeks of pre-season.
Some of the trialists and young lads will feature tomorrow at Marine and then we've got three good games with Nantwich, Burton Albion, and Burnley, where we can really add some of our detail and get 90 minutes out of some of the players."

http://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/news/1645...airbus-win.aspx?

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Jul 24 2016, 07:09 AM
Post #13

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

Good day out, yesterday. Went to the Marine game, Southport, then Liverpool. Some decent trailists first half.
Would definitely like to see James Akintude, against better opposition. Good movement and a well taken hatrick.
Also, Matty Waters scored a great free kick. Surely, this lad is pushing Hunt hard for a place, in left midfield.
MOM is the pre-season friendlies. Well impressed, with him.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Jul 24 2016, 10:22 AM
Post #14

Si Dutton
Group Icon

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Jul 23 2016, 05:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Big Si @ Jul 23 2016, 05:08 PM) *

JM -
"I want to give some of the players a rest now because the training they have done for four weeks now means they have a little break. I want to do the training in four week blocks and then give them a break to allow the body to react and recover.
We will go again on Monday with a much more refined squad. There will only be a couple of extra players with us who haven't got contracts with us, and then we will really start to put some detail into the last two weeks of pre-season.
Some of the trialists and young lads will feature tomorrow at Marine and then we've got three good games with Nantwich, Burton Albion, and Burnley, where we can really add some of our detail and get 90 minutes out of some of the players."

http://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/news/1645...airbus-win.aspx?

Fair enough

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jul 24 2016, 04:27 PM
Post #15

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

Think we have to remember that friendlies are basically practice matches that are about nothing except preparing for the season ahead, and we don't have a right to expect certain players to play. The prices of admission should reflect that though.

+Quote Post
Harry Lime
post Jul 24 2016, 06:46 PM
Post #16

1st team regular

Member No.: 4989

Maybe a match preview and team news on the official website would be helpful. crying.gif

Even a short note would have been enough. Too much to ask for? If they want us to use the site they need to update it with useful info. We get more information (or misinformation) from devachat, than the official site. That's a failing.

I found nothing, happened to see the Chronicle article which included the managers plans to use trialists etc. I then decided not to bother. I wouldn't have been happy if I'd got there, then heard the team. Had I known and then travelled, fair enough.

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Jul 24 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #17

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Harry Lime @ Jul 24 2016, 07:46 PM) *
Maybe a match preview and team news on the official website would be helpful. crying.gif

Even a short note would have been enough. Too much to ask for? If they want us to use the site they need to update it with useful info. We get more information (or misinformation) from devachat, than the official site. That's a failing.

I found nothing, happened to see the Chronicle article which included the managers plans to use trialists etc. I then decided not to bother. I wouldn't have been happy if I'd got there, then heard the team. Had I known and then travelled, fair enough.

It's OK if you build it into a day out like above, but at £8 (!) to get in a warning would be nice in future!

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Jul 24 2016, 08:32 PM
Post #18

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 174

I think that is a fair and valid point. Unfortunately even if the info were to be on the official website it isn't peoples go to place for info due to past failings. Hopefully this can be addressed sooner rather than later. I understand the "low hanging" financial gains that the format has brought but I fear that over the long term it has been a bad call when you think of what an official website should and could have been, assuming of course that there were those within the fan base with the appropriate skills, thick skin and commitment to have put something together and to have maintained it.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Jul 24 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #19

Si Dutton
Group Icon

QUOTE (Charfield Blue @ Jul 24 2016, 09:32 PM) *

I think that is a fair and valid point. Unfortunately even if the info were to be on the official website it isn't peoples go to place for info due to past failings. Hopefully this can be addressed sooner rather than later. I understand the "low hanging" financial gains that the format has brought but I fear that over the long term it has been a bad call when you think of what an official website should and could have been, assuming of course that there were those within the fan base with the appropriate skills, thick skin and commitment to have put something together and to have maintained it.

I gave up on the official website a while ago, it was just awful. It's been a failing for a few administrations now. It's important that as soon as that contract ends we do a proper consultation of what we want from an official website and that somebody is then sourced to do exactly that. I suspect we will just be limping along with a p**s poor website for a few years though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Jul 25 2016, 10:36 AM
Post #20

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

QUOTE (Rhodri @ Jul 23 2016, 01:52 PM) *
A lot of trilalists and youngsters on show today...

GK: Keighan Jones; Sam Hughes, Joe Heath, Kieran Evans, James Baillie, Cameron Murray, Billy Reeves, Rakim Newton, Matty Waters, James Akintude, Matty Hamilton.

SUBS: Kevin Exell, Mike Muscat, Elliot Newitt, Lloyd Ellams, Oscar Mendes

Warrington-born full-back James Baillie, 20, is in the Chester squad today. Played 17 times for Crewe Alexandra in League One over last two seasons.

Twenty-year-old James Akintunde, formerly of Cambridge United and Histon, starts up front today.

Local lad Lloyd Ellams on the bench too, could he becomes another player to feature for both Chester City and Chester FC?

Why is Joe Heath still at the club? He struggled to get a game for West Kirby last season. Didn't the club get rid of one awful full back a couple of weeks ago?

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
25-3-1989
post Jul 25 2016, 11:29 AM
Post #21

1st team sub

Member No.: 9073

For anybody who's interested, the Trialists we had at Marine were:

Keighan Jones (Keeper) ex Airbus
Cameron Murray (Midfield) ex York
Billy Reeves (Midfield) ex Port Vale
Michael Muscat (Centre Back) ex Fleetwood
Elliot Newitt (Striker) ex Liverpool Foundation
James Akintude (Winger/Striker) ex Cambridge
Matty Hamilton (Striker) ex Wigan
James Baillie (Right Back) ex Crewe
Rakim Newton (Midfield) ex Goats
Oscar Mendes (Left Back/Winger) ??

We all know who Joe Heath, Lloyd Ellams and Kevin Excel are.

+Quote Post
NewBlue
post Jul 25 2016, 11:37 AM
Post #22

Squad player
Group Icon

Member No.: 7381

QUOTE (Arrogant Blue @ Jul 25 2016, 10:36 AM) *
Why is Joe Heath still at the club? He struggled to get a game for West Kirby last season. Didn't the club get rid of one awful full back a couple of weeks ago?

Does this mean that my Joe Heath match worn shirt from 2013/14 is now worth something?
No? I thought not.

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Jul 25 2016, 11:39 AM
Post #23

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

QUOTE (NewBlue @ Jul 25 2016, 12:37 PM) *

Does this mean that my Joe Heath match worn shirt from 2013/14 is now worth something?
No? I thought not.

Let's just put it this way, if you give me a £5er i'll take it off your hands, otherwise you can use my matchsticks?

All joking aside i'll suport anyone we sign, but that would be a very poor signing if it happened... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SqzL: Jul 25 2016, 11:40 AM

+Quote Post
I O CITY CITY I ...
post Jul 25 2016, 11:55 AM
Post #24

H-Block

Member No.: 2120

QUOTE (Rhodri @ Jul 23 2016, 01:52 PM) *
A lot of trilalists and youngsters on show today... GK: Keighan Jones; Sam Hughes, Joe Heath, Kieran Evans, James Baillie, Cameron Murray, Billy Reeves, Rakim Newton, Matty Waters, James Akintude, Matty Hamilton. SUBS: Kevin Exell, Mike Muscat, Elliot Newitt, Lloyd Ellams, Oscar Mendes Warrington-born full-back James Baillie, 20, is in the Chester squad today. Played 17 times for Crewe Alexandra in League One over last two seasons. Twenty-year-old James Akintunde, formerly of Cambridge United and Histon, starts up front today. Local lad Lloyd Ellams on the bench too, could he becomes another player to feature for both Chester City and Chester FC?

Hopefully, with the ball at his feet he is class and hopefully can do it in the Conf.

Tell you what, there's a couple of players in that Blacon Thistle side last season who would give our first team a run for their money. laugh.gif It's a shame Gary choose to move to Bangor City.

--------------------
"...you must be prepared to die for the cause" - Harry McNally.

Do not use signature that may offend the easily offended.

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Jul 25 2016, 04:51 PM
Post #25

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

QUOTE (NewBlue @ Jul 25 2016, 12:37 PM) *

No? I thought not.

laugh.gif

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2019 - 05:05 AM