Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neil Young, Danny Williams
a view from outs...
post Apr 27 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #1

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 6226

Friction between Young and board? From Paul Wheelock (I've highlighted part of tweet not PW)

Danny Williams will not be signing for #ChesterFC - he is going to Scottish Premier League high flyers Inverness Caledonian Thistle.Neil Young is frustrated to say the least. #ChesterFC had the chance to do the deal - but didn't and Inverness nipped in.Remarkable interview with #ChesterFC boss - proud of tired, 10-man team but it's his thought on Danny Williams that are essential reading.Will get them online as soon as. It was controlled anger from Neil Young, who has seen a key player for his team next season taken away.

Another thought, CEO's are usually responsible for transfers and yours has just been made redundant - co-incidence?

This post has been edited by a view from outside: Apr 27 2013, 04:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Apr 27 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

That's really bad news. Danny had the kind of pace we will need in the conference. Gutted!

+Quote Post
keyboard ken
post Apr 27 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #3

1st team sub

Member No.: 9435

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Apr 27 2013, 05:27 PM) *
Friction between Young and board? From Paul Wheelock (I've highlighted part of tweet not PW)

Danny Williams will not be signing for #ChesterFC - he is going to Scottish Premier League high flyers Inverness Caledonian Thistle.Neil Young is frustrated to say the least. #ChesterFC had the chance to do the deal - but didn't and Inverness nipped in.Remarkable interview with #ChesterFC boss - proud of tired, 10-man team but it's his thought on Danny Williams that are essential reading.Will get them online as soon as. It was controlled anger from Neil Young, who has seen a key player for his team next season taken away.

Another thought, CEO's are usually responsible for transfers and yours has just been made redundant - co-incidence?

Don't like the sound of this Neil Young won't be messed about and after winning 3 championships Im sure a manager of his class would be in demand

+Quote Post
righteousblue
post Apr 27 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #4

Fan since 77

Member No.: 6578

QUOTE (keyboard ken @ Apr 27 2013, 06:02 PM) *

Don't like the sound of this Neil Young won't be messed about and after winning 3 championships Im sure a manager of his class would be in demand
Lets not get carried away on this one as disappointing as it appears to be. Danny Williams will have had the final say not his Club. Let us all realise he may have chosen not to come to CFC because he got a better deal.

This post has been edited by righteousblue: Apr 27 2013, 05:34 PM

+Quote Post
Rob
post Apr 27 2013, 05:39 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2063

OK if he has chose to go somewhere else, time to say goodbye and move on to find a replacement.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Apr 27 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #6

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

Inverness CT are third in the SPL and their average gate is 4,000. They're obviously going to be able to offer him more than us.

As fantastic a manager as NY is, I would rather we upset him now and managed the playing budget sensibly.

Personally, I don't rate D Williams that highly anyway, and we should've known he was on his way once Resker told us he wouldn't be.

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Apr 27 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #7

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

Paul Wheelock twitter- Unrelated to Pat, seems a case of the club paying the price for stalling (not intentionally).

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Apr 27 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #8

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

NY has a budget, and he must stick to it - just like every other manager in the land.

Its should be remembered that for most of his time here, we have been the big fish in the small pool - those days have gone now.

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Apr 27 2013, 05:58 PM
Post #9

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

QUOTE (XWWB @ Apr 27 2013, 05:52 PM) *

Inverness CT are third in the SPL and their average gate is 4,000. They're obviously going to be able to offer him more than us.

As fantastic a manager as NY is, I would rather we upset him now and managed the playing budget sensibly.

Personally, I don't rate D Williams that highly anyway, and we should've known he was on his way once Resker told us he wouldn't be.

They're full time as well. That's going to be a big draw for a young player like Williams. He will feel that it will help develop him as a footballer no doubt.

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
TheTheremin
post Apr 27 2013, 06:10 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2194

Well, disappointed for us but delighted for Danny. We need to learn from this - all of a sudden we're in a much tougher battle to attract players.

Thanks Danny and good luck!

+Quote Post
ChesterChronicle
post Apr 27 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #11

Squad player

Member No.: 4463

Neil Young on missing out on Danny Williams...

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-...59067-33247228/

+Quote Post
I O CITY CITY I ...
post Apr 27 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #12

H-Block

Member No.: 2120

He is NOT happy about this, at all.

--------------------
"...you must be prepared to die for the cause" - Harry McNally.

Do not use signature that may offend the easily offended.

+Quote Post
Rob
post Apr 27 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2063

QUOTE (TheTheremin @ Apr 27 2013, 07:10 PM) *
Well, disappointed for us but delighted for Danny. We need to learn from this - all of a sudden we're in a much tougher battle to attract players.

Thanks Danny and good luck!

But there are a lot of good players out there who also want to stay part time, so surely it should work the other was as well.

+Quote Post
city1975
post Apr 27 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #14

Squad player

Member No.: 8942

QUOTE (I O CITY CITY I O @ Apr 27 2013, 07:17 PM) *

People can't have it both ways football as a business is unsustainable from the premier division down it's about money run the club profitably you will win nothing run it at a loss well we all know what happens then the answer I have no idea anyone?

--------------------
ST Helens Season Ticket Holder Liverpool Season Ticket Holder and Chester Supporter.

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Apr 27 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

He's not happy, but in a way it's good to hear a manager is not getting all he wants, I would be worried if he did for the club's finances. Neil knows he has to work within a budget so move on.

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Apr 27 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #16

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (I O CITY CITY I O @ Apr 27 2013, 07:17 PM) *

best of luck danny guiness.gif PEACOCK LOST A FEATHER unsure.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Apr 27 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #17

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (Fathead The Gladiator @ Apr 27 2013, 07:25 PM) *
He's not happy, but in a way it's good to hear a manager is not getting all he wants, I would be worried if he did for the club's finances. Neil knows he has to work within a budget so move on.

TO TRUE JOG ON . WE ARE CHESTER FC THE ROLLER COASTERS STILL GOING guiness.gif cityscarf.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Apr 27 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #18

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 174

Gutted. The lad has a lot of talent. If we could have signed him up, then he could have earnt us some decent money in the future.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Apr 27 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #19

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 174

What with Lewis, Nathan and now Danny gone out of the current squad Neil has a big job ahead of him, especially when you consider that the first two weren't even costing us anything.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
Chester Lion
post Apr 27 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1498

Sounds like we will hopefully hear some more from the club on why this deal didn't happen but some interesting comments from Young

“I’ve got to get all the information but from a personal point of view I thought we could have done the deal"

and

“We know as a football club, particularly on the football side, that we need to improve our football etiquette and professionalism massively"

Could / should we have sorted the deal weeks ago when the title was in the bag? Or was it just a case of us being outbid and not wanting to overspend / the player just wanted to play at a "higher" level or full time?

This post has been edited by Chester Lion: Apr 27 2013, 06:55 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (King Monkey @ Mar 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
I love a good internet argument, much more fun than going out of the house and seeing real people.

"I have enough money to keep this club afloat for the rest of my life, should I wish to do it."

Gone but not forgotten, Stephen Vaughan ROT IN HELL!!!

+Quote Post
TheTheremin
post Apr 27 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #21

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2194

QUOTE (Charfield Blue @ Apr 27 2013, 07:40 PM) *
What with Lewis, Nathan and now Danny gone out of the current squad Neil has a big job ahead of him, especially when you consider that the first two weren't even costing us anything.

Every confidence in Neil and his assistants. They've achieved miracles this season on a smaller budget than some other BSN clubs

Should be obvious we'll be relying on loan players from league clubs to top up the squad. Chester has a building reputation for bringing on players who drop down a few levels to join us. Sarcevic, Williams, Turners etc...

Biggest danger is losing NY and his team IMO.

+Quote Post
stusblues
post Apr 27 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #22

One team in Cheshire...
Group Icon

Member No.: 3198

Not a biggy for me. I always thought Danny was at best average, did a job but not much more and his final ball was more often than not poor. Onwards and upwards.

--------------------
Chester F.C....pub league extraordinaires.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Apr 27 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #23

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

Did anything ever come of the idea of adding NY to the board of directors?

This situation basically sums up why I wasn't sure it was a great idea. Youngy's prerogative is to assemble as good a team as possible and winning as many games as he can, but it's down to the board to male sure he's doing it within a sustainable budget. Even a manager as shrewd as NY is bound to be looking out for number one.

What is a 'five figure fee'? That could be anything from £10,000 to £99,999. Even the lower end of that is a lot of money for a player who, while doing a pretty decent job for his age, didn't blow me away personally.

I can appreciate Youngy's frustration, but I'm with the board on this one.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Apr 27 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #24

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10169

QUOTE (XWWB @ Apr 27 2013, 07:59 PM) *

This situation basically sums up why I wasn't sure it was a great idea. Youngy's prerogative is to assemble as good a team as possible and winning as many games as he can, but it's down to the board to male sure he's doing it within a sustainable budget. Even a manager as shrewd as NY is bound to be looking out for number one.

What is a 'five figure fee'? That could be anything from £10,000 to £99,999. Even the lower end of that is a lot of money for a player who, while doing a pretty decent job for his age, didn't blow me away personally.

Why did the board not tell Neil weeks ago that we could not afford him rather than let him think we were about to sign him?

+Quote Post
stusblues
post Apr 27 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #25

One team in Cheshire...
Group Icon

Member No.: 3198

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Apr 27 2013, 08:07 PM) *
QUOTE (XWWB @ Apr 27 2013, 07:59 PM) *

Why did the board not tell Neil weeks ago that we could not afford him rather than let him think we were about to sign him?

Didn't Youngy say last week thought that Kendal had doubled the fee?

--------------------
Chester F.C....pub league extraordinaires.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2019 - 11:49 AM