Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SENIOR BLUES DECEMBER MEETING AND DINNER., FRIDAY DECEMBER 8th. BLUES BAR from 11 am.
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 3 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

On Friday the Senior Blues December meeting and Christmas dinner will be celebrated firstly in the Blues Bar, for the Members meeting.
Our guests for the first part, which is the meeting, will be MARCUS BIGNOT and MARK MAGUIRE plus we are hoping one or two of the players will join us,but we can’t confirm this at the moment.
There will be tea, coffee and mince pies served as is usual with our December meeting. Of course we will be having our normal Raffle, with possibly, who knows, a special prize for Christmas.
Margaret’s excellent home made cards are proving very popular, and she has done a great range of football related Christmas cards this year as well as the normal festive ones, these can be purchased on Friday as usual, and are great value.

The Lord Mayor of Chester Council. RAZIA DANIELS will be joining us for Christmas Dinner, but before that, she has kindly agreed, to open the clubs ACADEMY EDUCATION CENTRE situated in the WEST STAND. This is a great new development and bodes well for the future development of our young players.
The Lord Mayor will be opening that between 12-15 and 12-30.

The members meeting will be finishing at about 12-30 and members who have paid for the Christmas Dinner will be adjourning up to the LEGENDS LOUNGE for a pre-meal drink before our meal is served at 1pm.
After the main meal, before the dessert is served, The Lord Mayor will say a few words as usual.
This has always been a popular day on the Senior Blues calendar, and I’m sure a good time will be had by all as usual.

As this my last Senior Blues post of the year, I would like to thank, firstly, the committee, who have worked very hard again this year, especially with the launching of the SENIOR BLUES YOUTH FOUNDATION and for organising the day trips and events,
and generally keeping the Senior Blues running throughout the year.
Mostly though, and most of all, I would like to thank our members,, without them we would not be able to run the club so successfully, and this year without doubt, has been our most successful year. Our meetings have had great attendances all year, our events and trips have been well supported again this year. Especially, as far as fund raising is concerned, the Race Night Evening was our most successful event of the year, when we managed to raise almost £2,000 on the night.
The Foundation of course, has dominated our thoughts this year, when committee member PETER MITCHELL and treasurer VIC CROFT came up with the idea, I don’t think any of us thought it would take off so quickly, £5,000 was raised in a matter of of a couple of months by our generous members who continue to support it. At the last count, over £7,000 will be available to help the clubs youth academy, and of course the fund raising will continue for that project as well as for the Senior Blues.
I would also like to thank our members who help at our meetings, WENDY POTTS especially, who has run the Raffle at all our meetings since we began, and is such a major contribution to our funds.
Thank you also to our members who arrange the seating and tables, and the sound system for all our meetings, to our generous members who donate raffle prizes for all our meetings, to Margaret for her selling of cards, of which all the sales money goes to the Senior Blues.
To all the members and football club staff who have helped serve the tea, coffee and biscuits at our members meetings, we are very grateful.

A reminder to any members who still havn’t renewed their membership, this can be done at the members meeting.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Dec 3 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #2

I'm not Irish!

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 3 2017, 09:29 PM) *
On Friday the Senior Blues December meeting and Christmas dinner will be celebrated firstly in the Blues Bar, for the Members meeting.
Our guests for the first part, which is the meeting, will be MARCUS BIGNOT and MARK MAGUIRE plus we are hoping one or two of the players will join us,but we can’t confirm this at the moment.
There will be tea, coffee and mince pies served as usual with our December meeting. Of course we will be having our normal Raffle, with possibly, who knows, a special prize for Christmas.
Margaret’s excellent home made cards are proving very popular, and she has done a great range of football related Christmas cards this year as well as the normal festive ones, this can be purchased on Friday as usual, and are great value.

The Lord Mayor of Chester Council. RAZIA DANIELS will be joining us for Christmas Dinner, but before that, she has kindly agreed, to open the clubs ACADEMY EDUCATION CENTRE situated in the WEST STAND. This is a great new development and bodes well for the future development of our young players.

The members meeting will be finishing at about 12-30 and members who have paid for the Christmas Dinner will be adjourning up to the LEGENDS LOUNGE for a pre-meal drink before our meal is served at 1pm.
After the main meal, before the dessert is served, The Lord Mayor will say a few words as usual.
This has always been a popular day on the Senior Blues calendar, and I’m sure a good time will be had by all as usual.

As this my last Senior Blues post of the year, I would like to thank, firstly, the committee, who have worked very hard again this year, especially with the launching of the SENIOR BLUES YOUTH FOUNDATION and for organising the day trips and events,
Mostly though, and most of all, I would like to thank our members,, without them we would not be able to run the club so successfully, and this year without doubt, has been our most successful year. Our meetings have had great attendances all year, our events and trips have been well supported again this year. Especially, as far as fund raising is concerned, the Race Night Evening was our most successful event of the year, when we managed to raise almost £2,000 on the night.
The Foundation of course, has dominated our thoughts this year, when committee member PETER MITCHELL and treasurer VIC CROFT came up with the idea, I don’t think any of us thought it would take off so quickly, £5,000 was raised in a matter of of a couple of months by our generous members who continue to support it. At the last count, over £7,000 will be available to help the clubs youth academy, and of course the fund raising will continue for that project as well as for the Senior Blues.
I would also like to thank our members who help at our meetings, WENDY POTTS especially, who has run the Raffle at all our meetings since we began, and is such a major contribution to our funds.
Thank you also to our members who arrange the seating and tables, and the sound system for all our meetings, to our generous members who donate raffle prizes for all our meetings, to Margaret for her selling of cards, of which all the sales money goes to the Senior Blues.
To all the members and football club staff who have helped serve the tea, coffee and biscuits at our members meetings, we are very grateful.

A reminder to any members who still havn’t renewed their membership, this can be done at the members meeting.

Your self imposed ban lasted log then.. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Derry Exile: Dec 3 2017, 09:45 PM

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 3 2017, 09:55 PM
Post #3

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Dec 3 2017, 09:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 3 2017, 09:29 PM) *
There will be tea, coffee and mince pies served as usual with our December meeting. Of course we will be having our normal Raffle, with possibly, who knows, a special prize for Christmas.
Margaret’s excellent home made cards are proving very popular, and she has done a great range of football related Christmas cards this year as well as the normal festive ones, this can be purchased on Friday as usual, and are great value.

Your self imposed ban lasted log then.. biggrin.gif

If you check, you will see I said it only applied to that political post. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Dec 4 2017, 09:08 AM
Post #4

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

Whereabouts in the West Stand is the Academy Education centre situated?

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 4 2017, 09:54 AM
Post #5

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Dec 4 2017, 09:08 AM) *

I should add that that “Academy Education Centre” is my wording, I have used it until there is title decided, it is under the West Stand.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 4 2017, 09:57 AM
Post #6

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

I think they might be stuck with Academy Education Centre now biggrin.gif

Looking forward to the xmas dinner! guiness.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 4 2017, 10:00 AM
Post #7

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 4 2017, 09:57 AM) *
I think they might be stuck with Academy Education Centre now biggrin.gif

Looking forward to the xmas dinner! guiness.gif

A big thank you to you 3mm for your continued donations of Senior Blues merchandise, his key fobs are a must have for all Blues fans.

--------------------

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Dec 4 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #8

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 4 2017, 09:54 AM) *

I should add that that “Academy Education Centre” is my wording, I have used it until there is title decided, it is under the West Stand.

Ahh ok I thought we might have finally had safety clearance on vaughans boxes for a minute

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
crystal
post Dec 5 2017, 12:38 PM
Post #9

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 5700

probably too late in the day to organize but it would be great PR for the club if the blues bar was open on Christmas Day, giving free Christmas Dinners away and asking anyone who is on their own to spend the day with us, just an idea ???

--------------------
BETTER TO BE BLUE

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Dec 5 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #10

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 4 2017, 10:54 AM) *

By any chance is that the room to the left of the turnstile, other side of the gents, Chris?

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 5 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #11

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (ANDERS @ Dec 5 2017, 03:45 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 4 2017, 10:54 AM) *

By any chance is that the room to the left of the turnstile, other side of the gents, Chris?

I would have to say Andrew I don’t know, but I will on Friday morning as I’m going to the opening!

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 8 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #12

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Great xmas meal today, best we've had I think. Not exactly stingy with the portions either, don't think I'll be eating again until Sunday!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 8 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #13

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 8 2017, 09:18 PM) *
Great xmas meal today, best we've had I think. Not exactly stingy with the portions either, don't think I'll be eating again until Sunday!

Thank you 3mm the meal was excellent, and everyone I spoke to was very complimentary about it.
But back to this morning, there was a bit of nervousness this morning when the curtains where pulled open this morning, would the speakers turn up because of the weather, would our members be able to make it for the meal?
On coming down into Chester through heavy snow I was not the least bit optimistic we would see anybody at the ground!
Needn’t have worried, the players where out training and there seemed to be plenty of cars in the car park.
Our members turned up in force, as usual despite of the weather and we had a great attendance. The meeting opened with Geoff reporting on plans for our trips and events for next year, it looks like we will be going to the Southport Flower Show in August for a repeat visit, there was a great show of hands for that popular visit again.
Another popular venue will be a visit to Manchester City’s ground plus the Velodrome. Alan Joinson has volunteered to try a bike ride around the Olympic track!
MARK MAGUIRE gave an update saying he was hoping to seal various sponsorship deals he’s dealing with at the moment, and mentioned about the ongoing situation regarding the bus depot on the far corner of the car park. The deal would involve improving the surface of the the car park as well as line marking the car spaces. The financial benefit for the Football Club is under negotiation, and Mark says firstly, his prime concern is that the deal has to benefit the club before any other consideration.
We were lucky to have CRAIG MAHON in to receive his trophy for his 160 performances, as always, Craig does not need any encouragement to speak to us. His little talk was one of the most emotional I have heard from a Chester player for many a long year, his heart is genuinely in with our club, to demonstrate how long he had been at the club,he said that when he first joined the club he was a single bloke, and now he is married with two children!
He spoke passionately about his love for the club and supporters, and said the players were desperate to do well for the supporters, they were all of the same desire, and were all working hard to get the club out of the relegation places.
He said whatever happens in the future, he will never forget his time at Chester, he said it was one of the best periods of his life as a footballer. He said he was fit again and ready to play when selected.
On the arrival of the Lord Mayor, we all, including some of the Senior Blues members went across to see the official opening of the Acadamy Education Center in the West Stand. When we got over there The Lord Mayor immediately went over and chatted to young Acadamy players who I think appreciated her interest in them. With all the Acadamy players, officials and Senior Blues members plus the photographers in the room, it certainly filled the room, but there was no doubt that everyone was very impressed with the room and it’s facilities.
The Lord Mayor duly cut the ribbon to open another great addition to our club.
The desks and chairs for the pupils were very kindly sponsored by CHILDRENS BEDCENTRES in conjunction with CALUM MACINTYRE. The MD. of Chlidrens Bedcentres, ALAN CASE is a Senior Blues member and has supported the club financially on numerous occasions,and it’s because of the likes him that these kind of initiatives can be carried out.
We made our way back into the warmth of the Blues Bar and we passed the players who were having their lunch, and the Lord Mayor wished them good luck for tomorrow, which I know they appreciated.
We sat down for our splendid meal in Legends Lounge, which everyone enjoyed.
At the break we had a few words from the Lord Mayor Razia Daniels who told us briefly how a schoolgirl from a little town in Tanzania came to be Lord Mayor of Chester. It was a fascinating story which everyone in the room found moving and interesting, and she got an appreciative ovation from the room.
MARCUS BIGNOT then stood up to say a few words to the room also, he gave an update on the team news regarding injuries, telling us that there were going to be a few changes in the team for tomorrow’s game. He realises that the position of team in the League is difficult, and made the point how vital the games are going to be over Christmas. But says that it will take time but is confident that the team can get out of the current position, but emphasised how important it was for the supporters to get behind the team from the kick off, as the supporters vocal support means SO much to the players.
He has promised to attend and speak to the January Senior Blues meeting, whether that has got anything to do with the Hot Pot on offer,I don’t know, but he is always welcome to our group as his banter is worth the attendance on its own.
We all then enjoyed the delicious dessert, and coffee.
I had to feel slightly sorry for the Lord Mayor who has to attend another function, and eat another meal later on tonight.
She confirmed she was delighted at the enthusiasm of everyone about our football club, and now regarded herself a “Chester supporter” and given the opportunity, she now wants to see some games.
She is a delightful person and was given a very appreciative round of applause from the room.
A big thank you to the clubs caterers for the splendid meal, and to Andrew and his staff in the exemplary way it was served.
Also a big thank you to everyone who made the effort to get the club today in what was a difficult morning weather wise.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 8 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #14

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Must just add it was great popping into the home dressing room today to see what John Needham has done. I’ve seen a photo but it looks even better when you’re in there, very Premier League-ish!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 05:59 PM