Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Worst substitute.
nytram
post Nov 25 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #1

Youth team

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3415

Was that the worst substitute you have ever seen. Bell off a striker playing ok but having poor support from all around. Astles on not in the last five mins but with 35 mins to go. I thought great bolster the defence push our full backs up. Ryan rainey had soo much space in first half. Decision killed the formation. Then to take off rainey unbelievable. Sorry Marcus that game is all down to your poor subs. Xx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Nov 26 2017, 02:07 AM
Post #2

Debut

Member No.: 11862

QUOTE (nytram @ Nov 25 2017, 05:05 PM) *
Was that the worst substitute you have ever seen. Bell off a striker playing ok but having poor support from all around. Astles on not in the last five mins but with 35 mins to go. I thought great bolster the defence push our full backs up. Ryan rainey had soo much space in first half. Decision killed the formation. Then to take off rainey unbelievable. Sorry Marcus that game is all down to your poor subs. Xx

I did actually agree with the change I thought Bell wasn't putting the effort in and generally wasn't working hard enough for the team. The fans around us were calling for him to be subbed.
I don't think personally the manager can be held responsible for some of the schoolboy errors done in the second half by the players.
Playing Astles was an attempt to change the play and to be honest I don't think made any difference given the total collapse of most of the other players

I think Ryan came off because Bigot changed the formation to back 4 although in hindsight this was a mistake - hopefully Halls will never switch to full back again

+Quote Post
old boneze
post Nov 26 2017, 06:24 AM
Post #3

Predict-a-score champion 2010-11. 2011-12. 2013-14
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1883

QUOTE (paulus103 @ Nov 26 2017, 03:07 AM) *
QUOTE (nytram @ Nov 25 2017, 05:05 PM) *

I did actually agree with the change I thought Bell wasn't putting the effort in and generally wasn't working hard enough for the team. The fans around us were calling for him to be subbed.
I don't think personally the manager can be held responsible for some of the schoolboy errors done in the second half by the players.
Playing Astles was an attempt to change the play and to be honest I don't think made any difference given the total collapse of most of the other players

I think Ryan came off because Bigot changed the formation to back 4 although in hindsight this was a mistake - hopefully Halls will never switch to full back again

And that's the second time in 4 days that he's made the same mistake.

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Nov 26 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #4

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

Bell is hopeless, had to come off yesterday.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 26 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #5

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

Shoving Astles on up front yesterday was a byproduct of two things - the limitations of the lopsided team Bignot has inherited, and the bizarre number of injuries the club is faced with. Both of these can be questioned in their own right, but neither are Bignot's fault.

I can understand why he did it, and I think there were much bigger problems yesterday than Astles up front. Halls and McCombe were both utterly terrible - these are senior, experienced players playing in their correct positions. Halls for me has one of the worst attitudes I've ever seen from a Chester player. Look at his Twitter page, it's just a wageslip for him.

What perhaps sums up our troubles is that it's only November and we already have a shirt number 34 and 35 turning out for us, and this despite a very thin squad!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Nov 27 2017, 07:10 AM
Post #6

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

tactically clueless I,m afraid, what do they do all week at our club drink tea and talk about the weather, very poor from the management

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 01:17 PM