EltonblueS
post Nov 27 2017, 07:50 AM
Post #26

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (paulus103 @ Nov 26 2017, 02:21 AM) *
First half not much difference between the teams - they were a little more organised but with the amount of newish players we have that wasn't surprising

Second half - where to begin? sad.gif

We never came out and heads went down completely after we conceded the first goal

Lynch looks a bit overweight and generally, his kicking was poor - I'd drop him
Halls needs to be dropped as has no pace and was terrible in the second half - he was targetted in the second half by their number 10 and he was destroyed
Bell I thought was disappointing throughout the game as he didn't work hard enough
Dawson is frustrating as can hit some good passes but then fail to pass the ball 5 meters
The communication and concentration of the players disappeared when it came to the crunch

The Wrexham performance showed there are some players in the team and I'm hoping this is a wake-up call for the players and management
I think some players need to be dropped and from this team - Lynch, Halls and Bell would the players I'd drop

There is a decent player in Bell but he needs to put the effort in like Hannah and Ak do

On a positive note smile.gif we are still in December so plenty of games left but the team needs a lot of work to survive

When we had the wind with us Lynch played it on the ground, when the wind was against us he kicked it every time, Whos decision was that, surely the manager has something to do with it, I have been watching Chester since this ground has been built and I cant ever remember the wind blowing the other way so its not like the managemet are not aware of this is it ??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Nov 27 2017, 07:50 AM
Post #27

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (paulus103 @ Nov 26 2017, 02:21 AM) *
First half not much difference between the teams - they were a little more organised but with the amount of newish players we have that wasn't surprising

Second half - where to begin? sad.gif

We never came out and heads went down completely after we conceded the first goal

Lynch looks a bit overweight and generally, his kicking was poor - I'd drop him
Halls needs to be dropped as has no pace and was terrible in the second half - he was targetted in the second half by their number 10 and he was destroyed
Bell I thought was disappointing throughout the game as he didn't work hard enough
Dawson is frustrating as can hit some good passes but then fail to pass the ball 5 meters
The communication and concentration of the players disappeared when it came to the crunch

The Wrexham performance showed there are some players in the team and I'm hoping this is a wake-up call for the players and management
I think some players need to be dropped and from this team - Lynch, Halls and Bell would the players I'd drop

There is a decent player in Bell but he needs to put the effort in like Hannah and Ak do

On a positive note smile.gif we are still in December so plenty of games left but the team needs a lot of work to survive

When we had the wind with us Lynch played it on the ground, when the wind was against us he kicked it every time, Whos decision was that, surely the manager has something to do with it, I have been watching Chester since this ground has been built and I cant ever remember the wind blowing the other way so its not like the managemet are not aware of this is it ??

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Nov 27 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #28

1st team legend

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2738

Are we heading for a third manager in a season? Or will we get some much needed wins in our next few league games? Whatever happens it’s going to be a fight to the wire if we’re lucky!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 27 2017, 01:11 PM
Post #29

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ Nov 27 2017, 12:21 PM) *
Are we heading for a third manager in a season? Or will we get some much needed wins in our next few league games? Whatever happens it’s going to be a fight to the wire if we’re lucky!

A new manager? What would that achieve? ( Not a criticism of your question) Still left with the same problems with lack of money. Personally I have faith in Marcus Bignot to get us out of the bottom four, it may take time though.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Nov 28 2017, 01:06 AM
Post #30

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 27 2017, 02:11 PM) *

A new manager? What would that achieve? ( Not a criticism of your question) Still left with the same problems with lack of money. Personally I have faith in Marcus Bignot to get us out of the bottom four, it may take time though.

I understand what you are saying, I would love Marcus to turn us around and get us out of trouble And, I hope he does mate!, Maybe a Clear out would be the answer!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Nov 30 2017, 12:01 AM
Post #31

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ Nov 28 2017, 11:36 AM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 27 2017, 02:11 PM) *

I understand what you are saying, I would love Marcus to turn us around and get us out of trouble And, I hope he does mate!, Maybe a Clear out would be the answer!

The real problem now is that that there is a gap of 7 points between us and Eastleigh and we really need to be above them for true safety. That is a large gap to overcome before the end of the season several months away. Damn that McCarthy with his summertime selections!

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 30 2017, 09:00 AM
Post #32

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

Pretty ridiculous to talk of another change of manager I think.

Bignot has inherited a total mess - a poor, lopsided squad, several players unfit and a mentality that the absolute minimum is all we need to achieve. He has no money to change it and is doing what he can. Before last Saturday, you'd have said he was making some slow progress, but the second half on Saturday was a reminder of the very worst this team is capable of.

I honestly think even if we lose every game between now and the end of April, sacking Bignot would just not be worth it. We'd be down anyway and nobody would be able to keep us up. I do think patience and support are important now. Bignot is still finding ways to try and get the best out of what he's got, but it's going to be a tough job and I think we shouldn't pounce on everything he says and does.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Nov 30 2017, 10:54 AM
Post #33

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (Lobster @ Nov 30 2017, 07:30 PM) *
Pretty ridiculous to talk of another change of manager I think.

Bignot has inherited a total mess - a poor, lopsided squad, several players unfit and a mentality that the absolute minimum is all we need to achieve. He has no money to change it and is doing what he can. Before last Saturday, you'd have said he was making some slow progress, but the second half on Saturday was a reminder of the very worst this team is capable of.

I honestly think even if we lose every game between now and the end of April, sacking Bignot would just not be worth it. We'd be down anyway and nobody would be able to keep us up. I do think patience and support are important now. Bignot is still finding ways to try and get the best out of what he's got, but it's going to be a tough job and I think we shouldn't pounce on everything he says and does.

I agree completely with Lobster on this. We must support Marcus Bignot in every way we are able to. He is our best and only hope. But if he doesn't get us there IT ISN'T HIS FAULT - it was caused by others in various ways. He has very little to work with - but as Lobster says - he has to find ways of getting more and better out of what he has been left with and can nudge from his friends in the business.

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Nov 30 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #34

Debut

Member No.: 11862

I also agree with Lobster

I think the finger should be pointed at players not performing rather than at the manager

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Dec 1 2017, 07:22 AM
Post #35

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (paulus103 @ Nov 30 2017, 05:19 PM) *
I also agree with Lobster

I think the finger should be pointed at players not performing rather than at the manager

The sooner we can get rid of those players ,the better . They are insulting the fans every time they play . Too early to assess Marcus Bignot but he is only here till the end of the season initially and theres at least one other experienced manager who would be interested if the job became available in the summer

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 06:02 PM