Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chester FC V Dagenham And Redbridge MATCH THREAD
RioTheBallBoy
post Nov 24 2017, 07:23 AM
Post #1

1st team sub

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Out of our 2 trips to London this week, it is frustrating to return with two draws given the circumstances. But, if we beat Dagenham tomorrow then 5 points in a week will be a great return. It is a game which we should be aiming to win in front of the TV cameras. The Dagger’s may be 5th, but their away record has been dreadful this season, although we have to start making the Deva a fortress. Come On City!
Score: Chester FC (Hannah, White, Turnbull) 3-1 Dagenham And Redbridge
Attendance: 2,066 (70 Dagenham And Redbridge)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Nov 24 2017, 09:17 AM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Nov 24 2017, 07:23 AM) *
Out of our 2 trips to London this week, it is frustrating to return with two draws given the circumstances. But, if we beat Dagenham tomorrow then 5 points in a week will be a great return. It is a game which we should be aiming to win in front of the TV cameras. The Dagger’s may be 5th, but their away record has been dreadful this season, although we have to start making the Deva a fortress. Come On City!
COYB!

Bloody hell Rio where did you get those rose-tinted glasses from? We've won 2 home games in 12 months.

Chester 1 (Dawson), Dagenham and Redbridge 3: 1,750

+Quote Post
El presidente
post Nov 24 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #3

Youth team

Member No.: 12778

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Nov 24 2017, 09:17 AM) *
QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Nov 24 2017, 07:23 AM) *
COYB!

Bloody hell Rio where did you get those rose-tinted glasses from? We've won 2 home games in 12 months.

Chester 1 (Dawson), Dagenham and Redbridge 3: 1,750

Knock 300 from that crowd and you won't be far wrong.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Nov 25 2017, 08:16 AM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Snow!

There's a thin layer of snow on the ground this morning. Doubt it will last long, but it's there!

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Nov 25 2017, 09:09 AM
Post #5

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (3mm @ Nov 25 2017, 08:16 AM) *
Snow!

There's a thin layer of snow on the ground this morning. Doubt it will last long, but it's there!

BT will love it great for the Christmas ads . 2-0 blues cityscarf.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post Nov 25 2017, 09:33 AM
Post #6

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

Snow, sleet, rain, wind . . . a beautiful morning!! rolleyes.gif

A day for the faithful only I would imagine. 1,600 and no idea of a score!

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Nov 25 2017, 09:34 AM
Post #7

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

DONT FORGET 12-30 KICK OFF

+Quote Post
JTP
post Nov 25 2017, 01:46 PM
Post #8

1st team regular

Member No.: 4740

0-1😩. Poor defending. COYB

--------------------
Marcus Bignot's 'Blue White Army'.

+Quote Post
JTP
post Nov 25 2017, 02:05 PM
Post #9

1st team regular

0-2.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan2404
post Nov 25 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #10

Debut

Member No.: 12820

Made a note in my diary...simply says ...."b****r"

+Quote Post
JTP
post Nov 25 2017, 02:08 PM
Post #11

1st team regular

0-3 sloppy defending again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Nov 25 2017, 02:14 PM
Post #12

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (Duncan2404 @ Nov 25 2017, 02:06 PM) *
Made a note in my diary...simply says ...."b****r"

biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif KEEP THE FAITH CO cityscarf.gif YB

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Nov 25 2017, 02:16 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

So, we have paid one manager off and no real improvement since . Only one way we are going at this rate .

+Quote Post
JTP
post Nov 25 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #14

1st team regular

0-4 good finish.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JTP
post Nov 25 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #15

1st team regular

0-4 FT. Time to regroup now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Nov 25 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (JTP @ Nov 25 2017, 02:27 PM) *

Do you mean its time to play the youth team ? We have nothing to regroup with !

+Quote Post
Duncan2404
post Nov 25 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #17

Debut

Member No.: 12820

Cant wait for Bignots "we can take a lot of positives..we're heading in the right direction" speech..

+Quote Post
citizen blue
post Nov 25 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #18

1st team regular

Member No.: 2343

Utter

Sh1te

--------------------
Come the glorious day Cestrian

“We’re not little old Chester in the Evo-Stik Division One North anymore". (Neil Young 6/6/13)

+Quote Post
JTP
post Nov 25 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #19

1st team regular

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Nov 25 2017, 02:30 PM) *

Might be better playing the youth team. Bignot could get a bigger car and pick up a few more players.😀

This post has been edited by JTP: Nov 25 2017, 04:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Nov 25 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (JTP @ Nov 25 2017, 03:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Nov 25 2017, 02:30 PM) *

Might be better playing the youth team. Bignot could get a bigger car and pick up a few more players.😀

Agreed . At least you could guarantee that they would be fit and would put more effort in .

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Nov 25 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #21

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

Apalling was an understatement to describe that today. That was an absolute embarrassment on National TV, which reflects where we are falling to. The nation must be laughing at us hardly right now. I’m having a debate on what performance has been worse, Kidderminster or the dreadful showing of today.
No wonder we are going on a team-building extravaganza next Saturday, with no communication and concentration at all. All 4 goals were repeats of what has been our main problem this season, poor defending. Time and time again we give opposing teams too much respect and never break them down, which results in conceding stupid stupid goals.
McCombe is like a crab to be really honest. At first, I didn’t even know how he was appointed as captain at all. He’s hardly put in a good shift in all season, and is really slow when distributing the ball. Also, I think that it is about time that Alex Lynch is dropped for a few games. Unnoticeably, he has put on a fair bit of weight over the last few months and isn’t as athletic/quick as he was 12 months ago. He seems to concede easy goals now, and should’ve done a lot more to prevent the 4 goals from going in. Nathan Vaughan has been here around a month now, and I think it’s about time that he has a few games between the sticks.
Dagenham were quite poor in the first half, and I felt that we shaded it. However, we made an ‘ordinary’ team look like a PSG today and gave them far too much respect.
It is sickening me on to where we are falling. Relegation to the National League North will be a disaster which we will find extremely difficult to get out of. With the way we are going, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get murdered 3-0 by Solihull (like we did in January), but maybe this hammering can spark a reaction from the players. All we need now is a good performance at home with a morale-boosting win, FAST! Come On City!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 25 2017, 08:43 PM
Post #22

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Nov 25 2017, 07:33 PM) *
Apalling was an understatement to describe that today. That was an absolute embarrassment on National TV, which reflects where we are falling to. The nation must be laughing at us hardly right now. I’m having a debate on what performance has been worse, Kidderminster or the dreadful showing of today.
No wonder we are going on a team-building extravaganza next Saturday, with no communication and concentration at all. All 4 goals were repeats of what has been our main problem this season, poor defending. Time and time again we give opposing teams too much respect and never break them down, which results in conceding stupid stupid goals.
McCombe is like a crab to be really honest. At first, I didn’t even know how he was appointed as captain at all. He’s hardly put in a good shift in all season, and is really slow when distributing the ball. Also, I think that it is about time that Alex Lynch is dropped for a few games. Unnoticeably, he has put on a fair bit of weight over the last few months and isn’t as athletic/quick as he was 12 months ago. He seems to concede easy goals now, and should’ve done a lot more to prevent the 4 goals from going in. Nathan Vaughan has been here around a month now, and I think it’s about time that he has a few games between the sticks.
Dagenham were quite poor in the first half, and I felt that we shaded it. However, we made an ‘ordinary’ team look like a PSG today and gave them far too much respect.
It is sickening me on to where we are falling. Relegation to the National League North will be a disaster which we will find extremely difficult to get out of. With the way we are going, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get murdered 3-0 by Solihull (like we did in January), but maybe this hammering can spark a reaction from the players. All we need now is a good performance at home with a morale-boosting win, FAST! Come On City!

Trying to take some positives from the game today, I thought we played some good football in the first half, but the second half we just collapsed late on. The missed penalty should’ve been a turning point in the game, but we conceded a goal straight afterwards and heads went down.
Again, we had some awful decisions not given, the player who upended Kingsley James in the first few minutes should’ve gone, any other game in the Premiership and Football League it would’ve been a straight red card. I don’t know why linesmen bother turning up for games, apart from offsides and throw ins they do not contribute to the game at all. Week after week they miss decision after decision, another clear handball missed again today, I wouldn’t mind but they are “miked up” to the ref now.
Injuries have hit us hard again this season, and certainly we have missed Craig Mahon, he is back training thankfully, but a “bruised bone” apparantly takes a long time to heal.
We certainly need someone to hold up the ball up at the moment, and I expect Marcus Bignot is frustrated he can’t play his strongest side at the moment, but going on the first half performance, I feel that Marcus can pull things around, it is still going to be a tough second half to the season, but we still have it in our hands to get out of trouble.
It is now up to all supporters to get behind the team, and especially the young players, who may have never played in situations like this before and need cheering not jeering.
We played two away games last week at normally difficult places to get points and came away with points, so all is not lost. So let’s get behind the team over Christmas our support can lift the team, it’s been proved before.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 25 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #23

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

Being at the game NFBF I can see how you might think the Daggers player should've walked, but the replay clearly showed he slipped on the wet surface and went into James. A foul, but accidental and a yellow was probably harsh.

Really don't think we can blame refereeing for that one. We were well beaten and extremely poor in the second half.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Nov 26 2017, 02:16 AM
Post #24

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Could be worse, Borussia Dortmund threw away a 4-0 HT lead to draw 4-4 at home to FC Shalke yesterday.

As for the reckless challenge on Kingsley in the 9th minute, red card for me. I've watched it a few times now, Kingsley is stationary and just jumps to head the ball. Their no 5 comes hurtling in from behind him. If he hadn't slipped he would still have hammered Kingsley in the back. It would clearly have been an unfair challenge, but he comes in so fast he loses control and slips on the wet pitch, catching Kingsley while he's in the air. Kingsley is flipped right over, landing on the top of his back. He's lucky he didn't break his neck.

In my opinion the player was rushing in with no regard to our players safety. When he slips it makes it 10 times worse. Once the ref decides it's a foul, how he can only give a yellow card is beyond me. Either it's an accident or it's a red card. My view is it was going to be an awful challenge anyway, even without the slip.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Nov 26 2017, 02:21 AM
Post #25

Debut

Member No.: 11862

First half not much difference between the teams - they were a little more organised but with the amount of newish players we have that wasn't surprising

Second half - where to begin? sad.gif

We never came out and heads went down completely after we conceded the first goal

Lynch looks a bit overweight and generally, his kicking was poor - I'd drop him
Halls needs to be dropped as has no pace and was terrible in the second half - he was targetted in the second half by their number 10 and he was destroyed
Bell I thought was disappointing throughout the game as he didn't work hard enough
Dawson is frustrating as can hit some good passes but then fail to pass the ball 5 meters
The communication and concentration of the players disappeared when it came to the crunch

The Wrexham performance showed there are some players in the team and I'm hoping this is a wake-up call for the players and management
I think some players need to be dropped and from this team - Lynch, Halls and Bell would the players I'd drop

There is a decent player in Bell but he needs to put the effort in like Hannah and Ak do

On a positive note smile.gif we are still in December so plenty of games left but the team needs a lot of work to survive

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 06:00 PM