Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chester FC V Wrexham MATCH THREAD
RioTheBallBoy
post Nov 7 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #1

1st team sub

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Can’t wait now. Night under the lights against our biggest rivals. With our latest performances being big improvements, I really think that we can win. Wrexham haven’t scored or conceded many, but we are starting to find the net now just in time. League form and positioning completely goes out of the window for these matches, so anything can happen. Let’s all play a massive part to spur the blue boys onto a big victory, whilst causing no violence at the same time. UP THE SEALS!!!!!
Score: Chester FC (Dawson, Hannah) 2-1 Wrexham
Attendance: 3,927 (1,150 Goats)
COYB! 🔵⚪️

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 7 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #2

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Nov 7 2017, 08:56 PM) *
Can’t wait now. Night under the lights against our biggest rivals. With our latest performances being big improvements, I really think that we can win. Wrexham haven’t scored or conceded many, but we are starting to find the net now just in time. League form and positioning completely goes out of the window for these matches, so anything can happen. Let’s all play a massive part to spur the blue boys onto a big victory, whilst causing no violence at the same time. UP THE SEALS!!!!!
Score: Chester FC (Dawson, Hannah) 2-1 Wrexham
Attendance: 3,927 (1,150 Goats)
COYB! 🔵⚪️

I hope you are right Rio! cityscarf.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post Nov 8 2017, 06:31 AM
Post #3

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

Shock horror . . . Rio predicts 2-1 win!! cityscarf.gif

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Nov 8 2017, 11:39 AM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Looks like it's going to be traffic chaos after the match. Hopefully the car park stewards will get cars pointing towards the back of the car park when they arrive so there's not a mass of turning cars going each and every whichways...

ROAD CLOSURES | Post Match: Chester vs Wrexham
Albert Davies
Traffic

Here’s the info you’ll need upon leaving the ground following tonight’s game:

Roads around the stadium will be closed to traffic following the match – to half way up Bumpers Lane and a section along Sovereign Way.

All cars in the main car park will exit at the back of the car park onto Sovereign Way and then onto Sealand Road at its junction next to the Jaguar car showroom.

Additional police patrols will be in operation throughout the area as supporters disperse post-match.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Nov 8 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (Almost Blue @ Nov 8 2017, 06:31 AM) *
Shock horror . . . Rio predicts 2-1 win!! cityscarf.gif

and of course Don't forget to > Predict-a-score!

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Nov 8 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

Lynch, halls, turner, james, astles, Hannah, Dawson, aki, rhyshall, archer, Geoff

+Quote Post
Duncan2404
post Nov 8 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #7

Debut

Member No.: 12820

Er hello referee .....wedgbury.... Red card???

+Quote Post
JTP
post Nov 8 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #8

1st team regular

Member No.: 4740

COYB cityscarf.gif

--------------------
Marcus Bignot's 'Blue White Army'.

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Nov 8 2017, 10:18 PM
Post #9

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

QUOTE (awaydays @ Nov 8 2017, 08:05 PM) *
Lynch, halls, turner, james, astles, Hannah, Dawson, aki, rhyshall, archer, Geoff

He was a poor referree

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Nov 8 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #10

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

Sorry, don't know what happened there.

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Nov 8 2017, 10:47 PM
Post #11

Debut

Member No.: 11862

good performance from the players
Hit post and bar - no luck what so ever
Poor referee who bottled decisions especially involving their player getting sent off and at least one penalty
Embarrassing behaviour from their players - diving, feigning injury, time wasting and trying to get Archer sent off

We will play worse and win !

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Nov 9 2017, 01:09 AM
Post #12

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

I thought that we did deserve something at the very least. In the first half we looked quite shaky, but got into the game eventually and got stuck in. I must say, the goal was a blatant dive which should not have stood at all. However, it was a basic mistake by Ryan Astles which made them score. He should’ve been concentrating right on Pearson and clearing the ball away. We played really well in the second half. As has been the case lately, we put in another promising performance without any points. We created good chances, played good football and stretched Wrexham’s players out. On another day we wouldn’t have hit the woodwork twice; we would’ve put them in the back of the net. I tend to disagree with some over the penalty incident. For me, it was a clear penalty. Holroyd stuck both of his hands out to stop the ball from travelling. Even Dean Saunders and Michael Owen said that it was a definite hand-ball. Not to mention that the referee was awful as well. Ignoring the deliberate dives/timewasting whilst making multiple incorrect decisions. It is a sharp bite in the neck, to lose to our rivals when we deserved something out of the game. I’m sure in the upcoming future that we will get ‘another one over them’. Fair play though, their defence is very strong and would take some beating to score past them. However, Wrexham have very little firepower which could end up to be the Achilles heel. They certainly didn’t look like a side who are ‘’joint-top’’, but more like an ordinary team.
Maybe there was one or two little scuffles, but I’m delighted that the derby passed without any real trouble. We may have lost, but I feel that we have our derby back... at long last!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Nov 9 2017, 01:09 AM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Nov 9 2017, 08:48 AM
Post #13

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

Absolutely gutted about last nights result, so undeserved, this season is turning into a should av could av season, its time to turn performances into results, its also time to sort out the defence which is still costing us a goal a game.

+Quote Post
Zooblue
post Nov 9 2017, 10:38 AM
Post #14

Zoo Blue
Group Icon

Member No.: 1720

Agree with all that was said here. It wasn't a pretty match but if you take away their single goal I'm struggling to think of a single incident where I felt worried when they attacked. Second half the game was a bit more open. I think the hand ball incident would have been harsh to have been given (although on a different night etc) and the two occasions that we hit the post was enough to think we did enough to get something out of this.

We can accept we are not a top ten team and have to accept that our points will come in the main from teams in the bottom half. Credit to Wrexham for doing so well this season but this says more about the quality of the National League which does not have any outstanding teams this year.

Zooblue

--------------------
Proud to be a Blue. Supporting local football.

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Nov 9 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

We were unlucky not to get a point at least, a decent performance with no reward. The Goats will implode before long, can't see them being promoted.

I can't think of one player of ours who didn't put in a good shift. Jennings for them is a complete t**t, horrible player who enjoys winding us up with all kinds of skulduggery

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
3mm
post Nov 9 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #16

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Had the better of the game, bit of a smash and grab job by Wrexham to get 3 points, can't remember them doing much other than the goal.

We should have had a penalty for Holroyd's handball, they should have had Wedgbury sent off for an awful lunging tackle attempt, we hit the post, hit the bar and generally bossed the game. You clearly don't always get what you deserve in football. Be amazed if they stay near the top with their attack, just about the weakest I can remember for a Wrexham team.

Think we need someone else to play wide right, Kingsley James is wasted there and we're not getting the best out of him. Akintunde played well last night and Archer is a great signing. Zanzala goes back to Derby now unless they extend the deal, and I wonder how Hall-Johnson is, as we had to re-shuffle after he went off and he will be a great loss if he's out for any length of time.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 10 2017, 09:03 AM
Post #17

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (3mm @ Nov 9 2017, 04:18 PM) *
Had the better of the game, bit of a smash and grab job by Wrexham to get 3 points, can't remember them doing much other than the goal.

We should have had a penalty for Holroyd's handball, they should have had Wedgbury sent off for an awful lunging tackle attempt, we hit the post, hit the bar and generally bossed the game. You clearly don't always get what you deserve in football. Be amazed if they stay near the top with their attack, just about the weakest I can remember for a Wrexham team.

Think we need someone else to play wide right, Kingsley James is wasted there and we're not getting the best out of him. Akintunde played well last night and Archer is a great signing. Zanzala goes back to Derby now unless they extend the deal, and I wonder how Hall-Johnson is, as we had to re-shuffle after he went off and he will be a great loss if he's out for any length of time.

The referee has since apologised for getting the penalty decision wrong, a bit late!
The turning point of the game was Hall-Johnson going off, after that, almost every decision went Wrectum way, they won’t get a luckier 3points all season.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Greasby Blue
post Nov 11 2017, 05:40 PM
Post #18

Squad player

Member No.: 1201

At least everybody else so far has lost today

--------------------
Greasby Blue

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 01:14 PM