QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Nov 27 2017, 07:57 AM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Nov 27 2017, 07:45 AM) *
QUOTE (Billy W @ Nov 8 2017, 04:15 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 8 2017, 02:26 PM) *
QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Nov 8 2017, 12:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 7 2017, 05:02 PM) *
QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Nov 7 2017, 03:22 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 7 2017, 04:16 PM) *
I had a look at DC2 for the first time for a long time today.
It seems to be there is a bit of an obsession about this site, by some on that site, not happy that they are obviously the most popular site of the two, it seems that they want “The plug pulled on this one” which was posted by the “usual suspect”
It’s a pity, we on DC1 do not go on DC 2 criticising their board and adding sarcastic comments. I always hoped that the two boards could live quite happily live together, so that there wasn’t this “division” between the fans.
I can quite understand why some fans don’t want to read about the activities of the Senior Blues, (successful as we are in raising money for the Football Club.)
If you don’t like it, don’t read it, or stay on the other forum.
But hey ho if that is how it must be, so be it.
I’m happy on here, and see no reason to post on DC2, I would’ve liked to at one time, but I don’t need the flack.

Care to point out exactly where those words were used on that thread?

Not one person said they wanted this to have the plug pulled on it.

I agree a split between the online Chester football supporters is not perfect but isn't making up your own quotes just adding more fuel to the fire Chris?

Didn’t make it up, I’m not that gaga yet, all I can say is that quote came from a well known critic of mine, and mysteriously has disappeared since I put the post on here.
The person also mentioned me, that I had posted about having my Flu Jab, which was done by the Senior Blues as an initiative to get members to get their flu jabs, it was posted by “Paulus” I would be interested to know why that post was removed, especially after I had posted on here.

As an Moderator on there I can see that absolutely no posts have been edited or deleted on that thread.

Paulie actually wrote
"The other "deva chat" should be done by trading standards. Hardly any "chat" goes on over there. " No deletion, no edit.

The thread itself was started by a Halifax fan asking if the original DC was still active.
There were a few tongue in cheek comments made but nothing spurious or malicious.

Really doesn't bother the vast majority on both sites that there are two fans forums, other than a couple of people on each.
It has certainly not split the fanbase as some melodramatics will have you believe.I use both forums as do a lot of people, I just don't post as much on this one anymore, its really no big deal.
Its happened, get over it and move on.

I don’t want to drag this out, but I know what I saw, and I quoted directly.
All of a sudden “Paulies” post has returned, (amended) where did it go?
People who know me, know that I don’t make things up, I had no vested interest in “ making things up!” I posted on here directly from “paulies” quote. Why on earth would I want to make things up, for what purpose?
“Paulie” is one of my long time critics, I know who he is, and he knows me, I ask him yet again, if he has a problem with me or the Senior Blues, I’m happy to discuss iit man to man.
As far as the Senior Blues is concerned, our members rely on this board for information about the club, full stop!
I will always promote it, I’m beginning to think some on here don’t like us because we are successful.
We have raised over £10,000 for the Football Club since we started, a large amount of that is going to help our youngsters progress into the first team.
I agree I would like to draw a line under this, but if Big Si wants to discuss this with me in person,I’m only to happy to do so.

Surely you are doing the Senior Blues a disservice by promoting it on here but not on the other board. You say that the members rely on this board for information but disregard members who use the other board. I hardly ever visit this board because of its lack of activity so don't get to hear of the meetings and visits etc and as a consequence my membership has lapsed, meaning less money for the Senior Blues. I know I am not alone.

Actually quite the opposite, by promoting things on this forum it gets more noticed by the people who look at this site, This site is actually a better site for promoting things as it does not get diluted by several other threads, most people know that all the official notices are put on this site so perhaps (Billy W) you could educate those who don't Know ??

Sorry but that's b*ll*cks.

Very few people view this site for one

And two you can pin posts on both forums. So nothing "gets lost".

Billy don't bother, he's trying to force more traffic onto this dead site

why is that such a problem, what am I missing here, please tell me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crystal
post Nov 27 2017, 10:55 AM
Post #27

YTS Trainee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5700

I think both sites are great, cant see why some posters seem to have a bee in their bonnet about this site, but the irony is those who do are the ones who visit and post the most.

--------------------
BETTER TO BE BLUE

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Dec 7 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #28

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

QUOTE (crystal @ Nov 27 2017, 10:55 AM) *
I think both sites are great, cant see why some posters seem to have a bee in their bonnet about this site, but the irony is those who do are the ones who visit and post the most.

DC2 on about this site again today. They seem remarkably interested in a site lots of them seem to hate.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 7 2017, 01:44 PM
Post #29

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Just had a shufty, wonder which site will get to 1 million posts first. 40,000 posts now on the new forum, and 3000 of those in a pointless word-linking thread.

Mind you, it reminds me of when I was nearly banned on here for starting a thread entitled “Last one to posts wins”. My opening post was “I win”, but I was soon knocked off wink.gif

It was Devachat’s fastest growing thread ever, the mods at the time took it down after a few days as it was threatening to burst the server, and they’ve not been allowed on here since, and certainly not since I turned gamekeeper from poacher! biggrin.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Dec 7 2017, 02:18 PM
Post #30

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

I don't really use either forum much anymore, don't like DC2 and this one gets about 4 posts a day so isn't really much of a debating platform, this used to be a fantastic forum but the next million posts on here will take a VERY long time. Its a lesson for the new board, poor moderation can kill even the most lively of boards.

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Dec 7 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #31

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 7 2017, 02:18 PM) *
I don't really use either forum much anymore, don't like DC2 and this one gets about 4 posts a day so isn't really much of a debating platform, this used to be a fantastic forum but the next million posts on here will take a VERY long time. Its a lesson for the new board, poor moderation can kill even the most lively of boards.

It's got to be worth a bit of effort to get to that milestone. Mind you you're right, there's not enough activity to consider this a chat site anymore. DC2 has lots of posts but some fairly unpleasant posters.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 7 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #32

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Derry Blue @ Dec 7 2017, 01:09 PM) *

DC2 on about this site again today. They seem remarkably interested in a site lots of them seem to hate.

There's a certain amount of 'curtain twitching' on both sides that's a little odd and insecure.

I still use both forums, though I tend to spend more time on the other one. The two are actually an interesting example of the "echo chamber" effect, where people surround themselves with a certain point of view and have it reinforced to themselves more and more. There's definitely a difference in tone between the two forums. For example, I sense that among the main posters on this forum, McCarthy is still quite respected, whereas on the other one his name is basically a punchline.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 8 2017, 09:26 AM
Post #33

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lobster @ Dec 7 2017, 07:43 PM) *

There's a certain amount of 'curtain twitching' on both sides that's a little odd and insecure.

I still use both forums, though I tend to spend more time on the other one. The two are actually an interesting example of the "echo chamber" effect, where people surround themselves with a certain point of view and have it reinforced to themselves more and more. There's definitely a difference in tone between the two forums. For example, I sense that among the main posters on this forum, McCarthy is still quite respected, whereas on the other one his name is basically a punchline.

Doesn't happen much these days, but a funny thing on here was when people had more than one username and used the extra one/s to agree with what they originally said. Or occasionally disagree sometimes, even funnier biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 8 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #34

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 8 2017, 09:26 AM) *

Doesn't happen much these days, but a funny thing on here was when people had more than one username and used the extra one/s to agree with what they originally said. Or occasionally disagree sometimes, even funnier biggrin.gif

Yep, some of the criticism of moderators of this forum (not you) has been justified, but at the same time I think a lot of people don't realise how difficult it was during SV's latter years. There were people using this forum very mischievously and manipulatively. That's why the strict policies on accepting new members were originally put in place.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Dec 8 2017, 03:29 PM
Post #35

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

Not been able to get on much lately due to work commitments, but would like to add something to this conversation,
when I first got involved in this forum I was kinda hoping that both forums would become one again, unfortunately it hasn't panned out that way, It surprised me how many posters have a real contempt towards this forum, I have always tried to argue that this forum has tonnes of important history which cannot be allowed to be lost, I have also argued that this forum is bought and paid for, has no adverts, and we certainly don't sell email addresses to other commercially interested parties, shortly there is to be a change in the law regarding the latter, so unfortunately the other forum will start to get more and more adverts ( a bit like visiting the chron website) to pay for its upkeep and profits to the hosts. I have had a good go and stated the facts, some posters take that as a dislike for DC2, that's just not the case whatsoever, I want us to be one, and I certainly have no intent on being the long term administrator, not going to give up just yet but its on the cards .

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Dec 8 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #36

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Dec 8 2017, 03:29 PM) *
Not been able to get on much lately due to work commitments, but would like to add something to this conversation,
when I first got involved in this forum I was kinda hoping that both forums would become one again, unfortunately it hasn't panned out that way, It surprised me how many posters have a real contempt towards this forum, I have always tried to argue that this forum has tonnes of important history which cannot be allowed to be lost, I have also argued that this forum is bought and paid for, has no adverts, and we certainly don't sell email addresses to other commercially interested parties, shortly there is to be a change in the law regarding the latter, so unfortunately the other forum will start to get more and more adverts ( a bit like visiting the chron website) to pay for its upkeep and profits to the hosts. I have had a good go and stated the facts, some posters take that as a dislike for DC2, that's just not the case whatsoever, I want us to be one, and I certainly have no intent on being the long term administrator, not going to give up just yet but its on the cards .

Kudos for you trying to keep it going, but those bridges were burnt by the previous admin.

The new site is a lot more user friendly, and is a lot more user-friendly on a smartphone as well.

Plus I think NFBF would have a meltdown if all us "loony lefties" returned

This post has been edited by Derry Exile: Dec 8 2017, 03:50 PM

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Dec 8 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #37

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

I think the contempt is towards Canadian Blue who has never had the decency to come on here and admit his mischief.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Dec 8 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #38

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Dec 8 2017, 03:49 PM) *

Kudos for you trying to keep it going, but those bridges were burnt by the previous admin.

The new site is a lot more user friendly, and is a lot more user-friendly on a smartphone as well.

Not sure I agree with the user friendly bit, I personally think this sit is more easier to use, although you are right with regards to smartphones, we did talk behind the scenes about upgrading this site to the latest version, but its hardly worth it if we have no posters, on the other hand if we upgraded we may attract more posters ... mmmmm...

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Dec 8 2017, 04:30 PM
Post #39

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

what happened to Barry, Mr Devachat ? Has he given up ?

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 8 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #40

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Dec 8 2017, 04:14 PM) *

Not sure I agree with the user friendly bit, I personally think this sit is more easier to use, although you are right with regards to smartphones, we did talk behind the scenes about upgrading this site to the latest version, but its hardly worth it if we have no posters, on the other hand if we upgraded we may attract more posters ... mmmmm...

I've read somewhere that more people access the internet via their smartphones/tablets these days than pc's, so it would be worthwhile upgrading to a mobile-recognising version. As they say, "if you build it, they will come" smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Dec 8 2017, 04:48 PM
Post #41

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 8 2017, 04:30 PM) *

No he pops on occasionally, about once a month and does some work in the background,

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Dec 8 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #42

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 8 2017, 04:45 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Dec 8 2017, 04:14 PM) *

I've read somewhere that more people access the internet via their smartphones/tablets these days than pc's, so it would be worthwhile upgrading to a mobile-recognising version. As they say, "if you build it, they will come" smile.gif

think if we upgraded it would have to be lock stock and barrel

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 8 2017, 04:52 PM
Post #43

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lobster @ Dec 8 2017, 09:44 AM) *

Yep, some of the criticism of moderators of this forum (not you) has been justified, but at the same time I think a lot of people don't realise how difficult it was during SV's latter years. There were people using this forum very mischievously and manipulatively. That's why the strict policies on accepting new members were originally put in place.

Think you're spot on about the new member thing, and the way the site was infiltrated by previous admins. Some of the meetings with the "men in black" in attendance, were quite intimidating!

--------------------

+Quote Post
NorwegianBlue
post Dec 8 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #44

Chester til I die

Member No.: 8140

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Dec 8 2017, 05:48 PM) *
QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 8 2017, 04:30 PM) *

No he pops on occasionally, about once a month and does some work in the background,

What about Marty Funkhouser?

I haven't seen him posting for a while, has he migrated to DC2 and taken on a new moniker?

--------------------
I was there : 27-11-90 The 409 club.
I was there : 31-08-13 The 888 club.
I was there : 22-09-14 The "94th minute" club.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Dec 8 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #45

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 8 2017, 04:52 PM) *

Think you're spot on about the new member thing, and the way the site was infiltrated by previous admins. Some of the meetings with the "men in black" in attendance, were quite intimidating!

His name on DevaChat 2 is IanHblock.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
NorwegianBlue
post Dec 8 2017, 11:18 PM
Post #46

Chester til I die

Member No.: 8140

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Dec 9 2017, 12:12 AM) *
QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 8 2017, 04:52 PM) *

His name on DevaChat 2 is IanHblock.

BearintheBigBlueHouse?

--------------------
I was there : 27-11-90 The 409 club.
I was there : 31-08-13 The 888 club.
I was there : 22-09-14 The "94th minute" club.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 8 2017, 11:51 PM
Post #47

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

I have no problem with the “Left” contrary to what some may think, 3mm and I are very good friends, but we did agree some time ago that we would never discuss politics when we meet, but I have no problem with him posting his left-wing views on this board, I doesn’t mean I have to reply to them. But unfortunately, because it seems that I’m the only Tory on this board, I get a lot of flack from others, which is sometimes insulting or sarcastic, and I got the point where I decided, what’s the point?
It’s a shame because, over the years, we had some good debates on here, XWWB and I used to be involved with some good tussles, and would pm each other now and again to clarify a point to make sure we weren’t getting personal.
But others didn’t seem to be able to join in without turning it into personal attacks, and so I gave up
I tried again a few days ago, but very quickly it became personal again, and I decided not to respond to that particular thread again, which doesn’t mean I have given up posting altogether.
But to catch up, firstly, I’m disappointed at the way we are extracting ourselves from Europe, and I would prefer Ruth Davidson to be Conservative Leader.
Donald Trump, I’m afraid is a nightmare waiting to happen, what hes done with the Jerusalem problem could have catastrophic effects on the region. I personally think he won’t serve anymore than one term, if he’s not impeached or assassinated before then. His “populist” agenda caught the mood of his country and that is why he got in, but it is his world wide policies that could bring him down.
Talking about populist leaders, our own Jeremy Corbyn has certainly caught the mood of certain voters in this country for various reasons, basically good old fashioned Socialism which seems to appeal to the young.
My main concern about him, among many I should add, is that like it or not, if he does get into power, interest rates will quickly rise, and that will cause havoc for all young house owners who have recently bought properties on mortgages on very very low interest rates. I have three adult children, all with mortgages so I would fear for them and friends I have with mortgages too.
By the way, “Lobster” made some very good points on a similar thread on DC2
So that’s my opinion on current events if anyone is interested that is. biggrin.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 9 2017, 09:26 AM
Post #48

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 8 2017, 11:51 PM) *
I have no problem with the “Left” contrary to what some may think, 3mm and I are very good friends, but we did agree some time ago that we would never discuss politics when we meet, but I have no problem with him posting his left-wing views on this board, I doesn’t mean I have to reply to them. But unfortunately, because it seems that I’m the only Tory on this board, I get a lot of flack from others, which is sometimes insulting or sarcastic, and I got the point where I decided, what’s the point?
It’s a shame because, over the years, we had some good debates on here, XWWB and I used to be involved with some good tussles, and would pm each other now and again to clarify a point to make sure we weren’t getting personal.
But others didn’t seem to be able to join in without turning it into personal attacks, and so I gave up
I tried again a few days ago, but very quickly it became personal again, and I decided not to respond to that particular thread again, which doesn’t mean I have given up posting altogether.
But to catch up, firstly, I’m disappointed at the way we are extracting ourselves from Europe, and I would prefer Ruth Davidson to be Conservative Leader.
Donald Trump, I’m afraid is a nightmare waiting to happen, what hes done with the Jerusalem problem could have catastrophic effects on the region. I personally think he won’t serve anymore than one term, if he’s not impeached or assassinated before then. His “populist” agenda caught the mood of his country and that is why he got in, but it is his world wide policies that could bring him down.
Talking about populist leaders, our own Jeremy Corbyn has certainly caught the mood of certain voters in this country for various reasons, basically good old fashioned Socialism which seems to appeal to the young.
My main concern about him, among many I should add, is that like it or not, if he does get into power, interest rates will quickly rise, and that will cause havoc for all young house owners who have recently bought properties on mortgages on very very low interest rates. I have three adult children, all with mortgages so I would fear for them and friends I have with mortgages too.
So that’s my opinion on current events if anyone is interested that is. biggrin.gif

Oi, very good friends or not, please try to keep politics to the Off-Topic Forum. I thank you wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 9 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #49

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 9 2017, 10:48 AM) *
QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 9 2017, 09:26 AM) *

Oi, very good friends or not, please try to keep politics to the Off-Topic Forum. I thank you wink.gif
biggrin.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
sealandkopite
post Yesterday, 12:39 AM
Post #50

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7864

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 9 2017, 12:42 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 9 2017, 10:48 AM) *
QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 9 2017, 09:26 AM) *

biggrin.gif

NFBF and 3mm love in for a change.....

Really struggle why the new site has more people on there......

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 06:00 PM