> Deva Chat Two.
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 7 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

I had a look at DC2 for the first time for a long time today.
It seems to be there is a bit of an obsession about this site, by some on that site, not happy that they are obviously the most popular site of the two, it seems that they want “The plug pulled on this one” which was posted by the “usual suspect”
It’s a pity, we on DC1 do not go on DC 2 criticising their board and adding sarcastic comments. I always hoped that the two boards could live quite happily live together, so that there wasn’t this “division” between the fans.
I can quite understand why some fans don’t want to read about the activities of the Senior Blues, (successful as we are in raising money for the Football Club.)
If you don’t like it, don’t read it, or stay on the other forum.
But hey ho if that is how it must be, so be it.
I’m happy on here, and see no reason to post on DC2, I would’ve liked to at one time, but I don’t need the flack.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Nov 7 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #2

I'm not Irish!

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 7 2017, 04:16 PM) *
It seems to be there is a bit of an obsession about this site, by some on that site, not happy that they are obviously the most popular site of the two, it seems that they want “The plug pulled on this one” which was posted by the “usual suspect”
It’s a pity, we on DC1 do not go on DC 2 criticising their board and adding sarcastic comments. I always hoped that the two boards could live quite happily live together, so that there wasn’t this “division” between the fans.
I can quite understand why some fans don’t want to read about the activities of the Senior Blues, (successful as we are in raising money for the Football Club.)
I’m happy on here, and see no reason to post on DC2, I would’ve liked to at one time, but I don’t need the flack.

Care to point out exactly where those words were used on that thread?

Not one person said they wanted this to have the plug pulled on it.

I agree a split between the online Chester football supporters is not perfect but isn't making up your own quotes just adding more fuel to the fire Chris?

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 7 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #3

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Nov 7 2017, 03:22 PM) *

I agree a split between the online Chester football supporters is not perfect but isn't making up your own quotes just adding more fuel to the fire Chris?

Didn’t make it up, I’m not that gaga yet, all I can say is that quote came from a well known critic of mine, and mysteriously has disappeared since I put the post on here.
The person also mentioned me, that I had posted about having my Flu Jab, which was done by the Senior Blues as an initiative to get members to get their flu jabs, it was posted by “Paulus” I would be interested to know why that post was removed, especially after I had posted on here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sealandkopite
post Nov 7 2017, 11:34 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7864

You say 'don't like it or don't read it'!

Don't read DC2 then.....

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Nov 8 2017, 12:35 PM
Post #5

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 7 2017, 05:02 PM) *

Didn’t make it up, I’m not that gaga yet, all I can say is that quote came from a well known critic of mine, and mysteriously has disappeared since I put the post on here.
The person also mentioned me, that I had posted about having my Flu Jab, which was done by the Senior Blues as an initiative to get members to get their flu jabs, it was posted by “Paulus” I would be interested to know why that post was removed, especially after I had posted on here.

As an Moderator on there I can see that absolutely no posts have been edited or deleted on that thread.

Paulie actually wrote
"The other "deva chat" should be done by trading standards. Hardly any "chat" goes on over there. " No deletion, no edit.

The thread itself was started by a Halifax fan asking if the original DC was still active.
There were a few tongue in cheek comments made but nothing spurious or malicious.

Really doesn't bother the vast majority on both sites that there are two fans forums, other than a couple of people on each.
It has certainly not split the fanbase as some melodramatics will have you believe.I use both forums as do a lot of people, I just don't post as much on this one anymore, its really no big deal.
Its happened, get over it and move on.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 8 2017, 12:47 PM
Post #6

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

I don't think there's a fixation with this site on the other one. A few of us have a look at both and occasionally comment on what's going on, but I think most fans have made peace with the situation now.

The most unfriendly experience I've seen since the split was the strangely bitter and hostile reaction some members of the other forum received on here a couple of months ago when the other site went down.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 8 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #7

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Nov 8 2017, 12:35 PM) *

As an Moderator on there I can see that absolutely no posts have been edited or deleted on that thread.

Paulie actually wrote
"The other "deva chat" should be done by trading standards. Hardly any "chat" goes on over there. " No deletion, no edit.

The thread itself was started by a Halifax fan asking if the original DC was still active.
There were a few tongue in cheek comments made but nothing spurious or malicious.

Really doesn't bother the vast majority on both sites that there are two fans forums, other than a couple of people on each.
It has certainly not split the fanbase as some melodramatics will have you believe.I use both forums as do a lot of people, I just don't post as much on this one anymore, its really no big deal.

I don’t want to drag this out, but I know what I saw, and I quoted directly.
All of a sudden “Paulies” post has returned, (amended) where did it go?
People who know me, know that I don’t make things up, I had no vested interest in “ making things up!” I posted on here directly from “paulies” quote. Why on earth would I want to make things up, for what purpose?
“Paulie” is one of my long time critics, I know who he is, and he knows me, I ask him yet again, if he has a problem with me or the Senior Blues, I’m happy to discuss iit man to man.
As far as the Senior Blues is concerned, our members rely on this board for information about the club, full stop!
I will always promote it, I’m beginning to think some on here don’t like us because we are successful.
We have raised over £10,000 for the Football Club since we started, a large amount of that is going to help our youngsters progress into the first team.
I agree I would like to draw a line under this, but if Big Si wants to discuss this with me in person,I’m only to happy to do so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Nov 8 2017, 04:15 PM
Post #8

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 8 2017, 02:26 PM) *

Paulie actually wrote

People who know me, know that I don’t make things up, I had no vested interest in “ making things up!” I posted on here directly from “paulies” quote. Why on earth would I want to make things up, for what purpose?
“Paulie” is one of my long time critics, I know who he is, and he knows me, I ask him yet again, if he has a problem with me or the Senior Blues, I’m happy to discuss iit man to man.
As far as the Senior Blues is concerned, our members rely on this board for information about the club, full stop!
I will always promote it, I’m beginning to think some on here don’t like us because we are successful.
We have raised over £10,000 for the Football Club since we started, a large amount of that is going to help our youngsters progress into the first team.
I agree I would like to draw a line under this, but if Big Si wants to discuss this with me in person,I’m only to happy to do so.

Surely you are doing the Senior Blues a disservice by promoting it on here but not on the other board. You say that the members rely on this board for information but disregard members who use the other board. I hardly ever visit this board because of its lack of activity so don't get to hear of the meetings and visits etc and as a consequence my membership has lapsed, meaning less money for the Senior Blues. I know I am not alone.

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Nov 8 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #9

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 8 2017, 01:26 PM) *

Paulie actually wrote

Why on earth would Big Si get involved?

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
sealandkopite
post Nov 9 2017, 12:27 AM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7864

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Nov 8 2017, 05:19 PM) *

Paulie actually wrote

He's all about self promotion, he's actually helped kill this forum because people are fed up of reading his tripe about how wonderful he is

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Nov 9 2017, 08:45 AM
Post #11

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

this forum is not dead, its bought and paid for by us, no adverts, its ours. We own it

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 9 2017, 09:11 AM
Post #12

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (sealandkopite @ Nov 9 2017, 12:27 AM) *

Paulie actually wrote

He's all about self promotion, he's actually helped kill this forum because people are fed up of reading his tripe about how wonderful he is

It had nothing to do with me at all, just look back at the posts just before the new forum was formed, it was, according to the posts at that time, something to do with the moderating.
I make no apologies about promoting the Senior Blues, if some people don’t like that I’m sorry, but we are a fund raising group for the Football Club, thankfully we are reasonably successful at that.
We should be praising our members for what they have done for OUR club.
It has NEVER been about me it’s about our great members who, on a regular basis contribute money to our club, which benefits ALL supporters.
I know people don’t seem to like it, or me, but I’m involved with the Senior Blues, and it is part of my duties to put regular updates about our activities on here.
Unless I’m asked otherwise by our committee,I will not post Senior Blues news on DC 2, because it just heaps more sarcasm and abuse on me which detracts away from the good work the Senior Blues, and its MEMBERS do for OUR football club. According to the above post, I don’t want to be accused of “killing off DC2 too!
Senior Blues activities are also shown on the club website.
Personally I’m happy to discuss the Senior Blues personally with anybody at anytime, in fact someone approached me in the Blues Bar last night to ask how to join, I didn’t know him, but he obviously knew who I was.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Nov 9 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 9 2017, 09:11 AM) *

Paulie actually wrote

It had nothing to do with me at all, just look back at the posts just before the new forum was formed, it was, according to the posts at that time, something to do with the moderating.
I make no apologies about promoting the Senior Blues, if some people don’t like that I’m sorry, but we are a fund raising group for the Football Club, thankfully we are reasonably successful at that.
It has NEVER been about me it’s about our great members who, on a regular basis contribute money to our club, which benefits ALL supporters.
I know people don’t seem to like it, or me, but I’m involved with the Senior Blues, and it is part of my duties to put regular updates about our activities on here.
Unless I’m asked otherwise by our committee,I will not post Senior Blues news on DC 2, because it just heaps more sarcasm and abuse on me which detracts away from the good work the Senior Blues, and its MEMBERS do for OUR football club. According to the above post, I don’t want to be accused of “killing off DC2 too!
Personally I’m happy to discuss the Senior Blues personally with anybody at anytime, in fact someone approached me in the Blues Bar last night to ask how to join, I didn’t know him, but he obviously knew who I was.

I think people would think more of Senior Blues if the position of Chairman were rotated or put up for re-election. You do come across a bit like Arthur Scargill who made himself chairman for life. Perhaps Senior Blues needs to be less self important. The best groups and societies are democratic.
I stopped going to Senior Blues about 3 years ago when I felt uncomfortable at some of the comments being made about Deva Chat and there was no call for order.

+Quote Post
El presidente
post Nov 9 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #14

Youth team

Member No.: 12778

Paulie actually wrote

By not posting/promoting the senior blues on the other deva chat is clearly doing your members a disservice. Your reasons are because YOU may get some stick!

This board is pretty much inactive these days, but your stubbornness to post on the better DC where potential new senior blue members post, maybe be denying YOUR group more much welcomed money.

Also, hats off for turning another thread into all about YOU.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 10 2017, 08:57 AM
Post #15

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (El presidente @ Nov 9 2017, 08:47 PM) *

Paulie actually wrote

By not posting/promoting the senior blues on the other deva chat is clearly doing your members a disservice. Your reasons are because YOU may get some stick!

This board is pretty much inactive these days, but your stubbornness to post on the better DC where potential new senior blue members post, maybe be denying YOUR group more much welcomed money.

Nathan, its got nothing to do with me, it’s about our great members, your dislike for me and the Senior Blues is now getting uncomfortable, I challenge you, YET AGAIN to speak to me personally about it.
I’ve given my reasons for not posting on DC 2, I’m not repeating it again.
You continually go on about hopeless this site has supposedly become, and yet you come on here every time I deem to post on here.
Shunter, you know my position comes up for renewal every year, the members are happy with the current committee,IF you want to change the constitution, rejoin as a member and suggest the change.
Me and our committee members do not tell any of our speakers what and what not to say, if you felt that you wanted to question the speaker at that meeting, you had the opportunity to do so. Again, if you want to discuss it personally with me, you know who I am, or you can speak to any of our committee members.
These are posts are deflecting away from the great contribution our members are making to this football club, so therefore I’m making no more comments on this post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 10 2017, 09:04 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

I think you are mistaken in believing El Presidente to be Nathan/Mancot Blue, NFBF.

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Nov 10 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

Nothing wrong with this forum at all, however the big problem came when no-one could join new for a long period due to a 'management crisis'. No reason for anyone to abandon it now though, it works well.

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
El presidente
post Nov 11 2017, 06:15 AM
Post #18

Youth team

Member No.: 12778

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 10 2017, 08:57 AM) *
QUOTE (El presidente @ Nov 9 2017, 08:47 PM) *

Paulie actually wrote

Nathan, its got nothing to do with me, it’s about our great members, your dislike for me and the Senior Blues is now getting uncomfortable, I challenge you, YET AGAIN to speak to me personally about it.
I’ve given my reasons for not posting on DC 2, I’m not repeating it again.
You continually go on about hopeless this site has supposedly become, and yet you come on here every time I deem to post on here.
Shunter, you know my position comes up for renewal every year, the members are happy with the current committee,IF you want to change the constitution, rejoin as a member and suggest the change.
Me and our committee members do not tell any of our speakers what and what not to say, if you felt that you wanted to question the speaker at that meeting, you had the opportunity to do so. Again, if you want to discuss it personally with me, you know who I am, or you can speak to any of our committee members.
These are posts are deflecting away from the great contribution our members are making to this football club, so therefore I’m making no more comments on this post.

I Like the senior blues and enjoy reading about what goes on. What grinds my gears is having to read that YOU are the chairman 3 or 4 times in each write up. We all know who you are and what you do, and respect for doing so, but no need to keep reminding us.

You say you will always stick up for the senior blues and defend critiscsm, well I will do the exact same each time you take a swipe at “deva chat 2”. Big Si and the moderating team are doing a great job in keeping a forum going for chester fans to have banter and chat. The place is thriving, something that this board will never be again.

If you like I could copy and paste senior blues activities onto the other board. That way there will be a lot more exposure and you never know, could get more bums on seats at future meetings and outings, and might put a few extra quid into the kitty. Everyone is a winner!

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Nov 11 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #19

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Lobster @ Nov 10 2017, 10:04 AM) *
I think you are mistaken in believing El Presidente to be Nathan/Mancot Blue, NFBF.

It's all a bit weird. Mancot has told him on numerous occassions that he's got nothing to do with it but still he persists

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 11 2017, 11:17 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (El presidente @ Nov 11 2017, 06:15 AM) *
I Like the senior blues and enjoy reading about what goes on. What grinds my gears is having to read that YOU are the chairman 3 or 4 times in each write up. We all know who you are and what you do, and respect for doing so, but no need to keep reminding us.

You say you will always stick up for the senior blues and defend critiscsm, well I will do the exact same each time you take a swipe at “deva chat 2”. Big Si and the moderating team are doing a great job in keeping a forum going for chester fans to have banter and chat. The place is thriving, something that this board will never be again.

If you like I could copy and paste senior blues activities onto the other board. That way there will be a lot more exposure and you never know, could get more bums on seats at future meetings and outings, and might put a few extra quid into the kitty. Everyone is a winner!

Does he though? I've just read his most recent write up (3rd November) and he doesn't mention himself or his position once.

I don't agree with everything NFBF says or does, but I think some people have got a funny idea in their heads about the time and passion he clearly puts into Senior Blues.

+Quote Post
ALWAYS BLUE
post Nov 11 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #21

Shabba
Group Icon

Member No.: 1387

I read both sites. Quite enjoy them. Don't post half as much as did as people tend to pulled for having an opinion.

I have noticed the other site seem's to have more posters these days.

All got one goal, want Chester to do well

--------------------
SHABBA!!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Nov 15 2017, 02:34 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Been catching up on posts as I am very busy with work at the moment,
I really find it hard to understand the criticism of our senior blues Chairman, he does a great job and works extremely hard for both club and for the senior blues, keep up the good work my friend and ignore the plonkers who have got nothing better to do than slag each other off, I cant imagine anyone who would do a better job than your doing, they would regret it if you stepped down.
The Senior blues do a great job for the club and sometimes it would be nice if posters would appreciate the efforts of our volunteers rather than constant meaningless petty bickering. We are a fan owned club, the people who run our football club and give up lots of there free time need our help and support, we will only be successful as a fan owned club when we start to realize that we are actually all in this together, and that is when we are strongest when we all pull together for the common goal

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Nov 18 2017, 06:09 PM
Post #23

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

Paulie actually wrote

Not been on here for a little while so just catching up. I honesty don't see much chat on DC2 about this board, most people have made their peace with this situation and it's entirely down to people's personal choice what forum they contribute to. I've no animosity towards this board apart from the attitude towards me and some other posters during some downtime on the other board, but the internet is full of odd people....I'm over it now!
Not too sure what requires a discussion but am happy to discuss anything. Perhaps drop me a PM?

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Nov 27 2017, 07:45 AM
Post #24

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Billy W @ Nov 8 2017, 04:15 PM) *

Paulie actually wrote

Surely you are doing the Senior Blues a disservice by promoting it on here but not on the other board. You say that the members rely on this board for information but disregard members who use the other board. I hardly ever visit this board because of its lack of activity so don't get to hear of the meetings and visits etc and as a consequence my membership has lapsed, meaning less money for the Senior Blues. I know I am not alone.

Actually quite the opposite, by promoting things on this forum it gets more noticed by the people who look at this site, This site is actually a better site for promoting things as it does not get diluted by several other threads, most people know that all the official notices are put on this site so perhaps (Billy W) you could educate those who don't Know ??

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Nov 27 2017, 07:57 AM
Post #25

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Nov 27 2017, 07:45 AM) *
QUOTE (Billy W @ Nov 8 2017, 04:15 PM) *

Paulie actually wrote

Actually quite the opposite, by promoting things on this forum it gets more noticed by the people who look at this site, This site is actually a better site for promoting things as it does not get diluted by several other threads, most people know that all the official notices are put on this site so perhaps (Billy W) you could educate those who don't Know ??

Sorry but that's b*ll*cks.

Very few people view this site for one

And two you can pin posts on both forums. So nothing "gets lost".

Billy don't bother, he's trying to force more traffic onto this dead site

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 05:58 PM