Post #2

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (3mm @ Nov 30 2017, 11:33 AM) *
Well done Theresa, another fine mess...

Incompetence personified.

Unfortunately he is the President of America, we may not like what he says, but in this country men and women died for the right of freedom of speech, I’m sure there will be demonstrations when he comes, so he will know what people think of his opinions. I was listening to one of his biggest critics on the radio last night, and said he wants him to come over to this country, so he can show him areas of this country where multi-culturism works.
I don’t think banning him serves any purpose at all, at the end of the day the USA are our biggest allies, and with the World concerned about North Korea, is not the time to indulge in petty politics.
I’m sure Jeremy Corbyn would be welcome in America, even though he has sat down with IRA murderers and Hamas representatives.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 30 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #3

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

He shouldn't be "banned" from visiting, but no way should he be offered a state visit.

His behaviour is appalling and he's nothing short of a hate speaker. If it's not bad enough that he's sharing videos of a far-right group charged with religious harassment, he also used the London attacks this year to make a cheap, gloating point about British gun control.

He cannot be considered an ally. I'd like us to show some balls and tell him to do one. We've already done that with Europe - misguidedly so in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Nov 30 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #4

I'm not Irish!

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 30 2017, 01:26 PM) *

Unfortunately he is the President of America, we may not like what he says, but in this country men and women died for the right of freedom of speech, I’m sure there will be demonstrations when he comes, so he will know what people think of his opinions. I was listening to one of his biggest critics on the radio last night, and said he wants him to come over to this country, so he can show him areas of this country where multi-culturism works.
I don’t think banning him serves any purpose at all, at the end of the day the USA are our biggest allies, and with the World concerned about North Korea, is not the time to indulge in petty politics.
I’m sure Jeremy Corbyn would be welcome in America, even though he has sat down with IRA murderers and Hamas representatives.

As did Thatcher.

Whats your point?

Men and Women of this country fought and died in war against Fascism. Donald Trump is a Fascist. Are you saying (in a round about way) we should go to war to defeat Trump?

I'm in if so

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
3mm
post Nov 30 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #5

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

I'm not saying ban him, you can't do that, he's head honcho of the USA.

But there is absolutely no way should he have been offered a state visit by Theresa May.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 30 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #6

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Nov 30 2017, 02:20 PM) *

As did Thatcher.

Whats your point?

Men and Women of this country fought and died in war against Fascism. Donald Trump is a Fascist. Are you saying (in a round about way) we should go to war to defeat Trump?

I'm in if so

Of course I’m not suggesting that we go to war with Trump, he is an obnoxious man, but unfortunately the American people liked what he was saying, whether we like it or not he is President of the United States, what do we do, ignore him and the USA and him until the next Presidential Election?
Meanwhile, in that time we could be at war with North Korea.
Corbyn has refused to even condemn the IRA, that says it all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Nov 30 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #7

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 30 2017, 04:08 PM) *

As did Thatcher.

Whats your point?

I'm in if so

Of course I’m not suggesting that we go to war with Trump, he is an obnoxious man, but unfortunately the American people liked what he was saying, whether we like it or not he is President of the United States, what do we do, ignore him and the USA and him until the next Presidential Election?

Wrong again. he's condemned killing from BOTH sides.

Where are you getting your mis-information from? Ah that's right, you're a Daily Racist Reader aren't you!?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 30 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Do we really want this cretin on our side? To me, he's no better than Kim Jong-un, Putin or whoever. The man may well tweet his way into a nuclear war, and if he's who Americans want as their president, maybe we need to rethink our whole idea of who our "allies" are. I don't think he represents anything we stand for in this country at all.

I don't want to call him a fascist, as that credits him with the intelligence of being able to follow a political ideology. I don't want to call him nuts, because that excuses his behaviour by putting it down to mental illness. I just see him as a spoilt child, a man who has lived to his 70s without ever being told he can't have something he wants. He's the worst kind of rich kid, school bully, and by electing him America has shown itself to be that spineless kid who hangs around with the bully and laughs at all his jokes rather than standing up to him. Which is sad, because personally I've never met an American I didn't like.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 30 2017, 07:07 PM
Post #9

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Nov 30 2017, 04:24 PM) *

As did Thatcher.

Whats your point?

I'm in if so

Where are you getting your mis-information from? Ah that's right, you're a Daily Racist Reader aren't you!?
Corbyn, when asked, has never condemned individually, the IRA.
But oh dear, he we go again, the exact reason why I have stopped posting on here, down to the personal insults again.
I give up, I’ve tried to join in a debate, with my opinion, which of course is different to the mostly left sided posters on here, but the result is always the same.
You can now see why no one has responded to 3mms previous political posts on here, it’s just not worth the aggro and insults, there doesn’t seem to be any sign of an attempt to have any reasoned political debate on here at all.
The far left view is the only one allowed on here, that’s fine, and mirrors Corbyns rule of the Labour Party brilliantly.
I don’t know whether it’s the same on DC 2 but I expect it’s the same, to think people are trying to get me to post on there too! Well chaps you can have the boards to yourselves, all far left opinions with no willingness to listen or tolerate the opposing view.
I won’t be responding to this thread again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 30 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Corbyn has said:

“I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA.”

Some seem to have decided that by not singling out the IRA for criticism, he supports it. Of course, the more sensible and balanced thing to do is to recognise that there was bombing on both sides and condemn all of it.

You could flip the debate round and ask how many politicians refuse to directly condemn the loyalist bombings. A quick Google shows me that the Ulster Volunteer Force alone was responsible for at least 485 deaths. Are they not worthy of condemnation?

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Nov 30 2017, 09:10 PM
Post #11

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 30 2017, 07:07 PM) *

As did Thatcher.

Whats your point?

I'm in if so

But oh dear, he we go again, the exact reason why I have stopped posting on here, down to the personal insults again.
I give up, I’ve tried to join in a debate, with my opinion, which of course is different to the mostly left sided posters on here, but the result is always the same.
You can now see why no one has responded to 3mms previous political posts on here, it’s just not worth the aggro and insults, there doesn’t seem to be any sign of an attempt to have any reasoned political debate on here at all.
The far left view is the only one allowed on here, that’s fine, and mirrors Corbyns rule of the Labour Party brilliantly.
I don’t know whether it’s the same on DC 2 but I expect it’s the same, to think people are trying to get me to post on there too! Well chaps you can have the boards to yourselves, all far left opinions with no willingness to listen or tolerate the opposing view.

Chat s**t, get banged

--------------------

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Nov 30 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #12

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Lobster @ Nov 30 2017, 08:48 PM) *
Corbyn has said:

“I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA.”

Some seem to have decided that by not singling out the IRA for criticism, he supports it. Of course, the more sensible and balanced thing to do is to recognise that there was bombing on both sides and condemn all of it.

You could flip the debate round and ask how many politicians refuse to directly condemn the loyalist bombings. A quick Google shows me that the Ulster Volunteer Force alone was responsible for at least 485 deaths. Are they not worthy of condemnation?

Exactly this. Unfortunately NFBF only sees what he wants.

When he doesn't get his own way he storms off in a huff

--------------------

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Dec 1 2017, 10:00 AM
Post #13

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

As did Thatcher.

Whats your point?

I'm in if so

Its not opinion though is it, the bit highlighted in bold you state like a fact, if you had said in My opinion, I don't think Corbyn has .......etc, but you didn't, so its not reasoned debate.
No one has even insulted you, they simply accused you of getting your facts from an untrusted source
You have gone off in a big sulk again, more than likely because you seem to counter anti government opinion with a my dads bigger than your dad type argument.
Its really quite pathetic.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 1 2017, 10:10 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

He was called a "Daily Racist Reader". I do think it's best to avoid that kind of language, but at the same time it's not a good idea to throw terms like "far-left" around so casually. Corbyn is not "far-left". If you call someone "far-right", that's usually seen as an insult, and it should be the same for "far-left". The "far-" prefix should be reserved for hate and intimidation groups like Britain First.

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Dec 1 2017, 10:14 AM
Post #15

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Lobster @ Dec 1 2017, 10:10 AM) *
He was called a "Daily Racist Reader". I do think it's best to avoid that kind of language, but at the same time it's not a good idea to throw terms like "far-left" around so casually. Corbyn is not "far-left". If you call someone "far-right", that's usually seen as an insult, and it should be the same for "far-left". The "far-" prefix should be reserved for hate and intimidation groups like Britain First.

To be fair I did put a question mark at the end of that sentence.

Seems I might have been right though the way he went off on one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
El presidente
post Dec 2 2017, 08:25 AM
Post #16

Youth team

Member No.: 12778

As did Thatcher.

Whats your point?

I'm in if so

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Dec 3 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #17

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

As did Thatcher.

Whats your point?

I'm in if so

Oh grow up, how many more 'self imposed bans' are you going to start ?

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 7 2017, 01:18 PM
Post #18

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Trump, Jerusalem, state visit, really? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Dec 7 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #19

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 3 2017, 09:41 AM) *

As did Thatcher.

Whats your point?

I'm in if so

Oh grow up, how many more 'self imposed bans' are you going to start ?

As many as he wants, I suggest. It's a free country (for now).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 04:10 AM