Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paddy Lacey, Signs For Chester FC
Rio Doherty
post Sep 30 2020, 10:38 PM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Centre midfielder and free agent Paddy Lacey also signed for Chester FC on a short-term contract today after impressing on trial. Delighted we snapped him up because he will be a key player going forward. I personally believe that as a community club we should be giving players (such as Gary Roberts, Gary Stopforth, and now Paddy) a second chance to really prove they have overcome their mistakes. In no way, shape, or form am I condoning what Paddy did because it was a very silly thing to do, although I am sure no one will be feeling more regretful than the man himself. The most important thing in life is to rectify the mistakes you commit (because we all make them), and to ensure you never do them again. Therefore I am confident Paddy has sorted himself out, hence I am glad we have given him another chance because otherwise, (not particularly referring to Paddy here) players may go on to do something very stupid again, and again, and again without employment. Onto the football side Paddy had a very good pre-season for us as he was tenacious in his play, and was also aggressive and skilful too. This is exactly the type of player we need, although Bern and Jonno will be scratching their heads regarding who starts in central midfield as him, George Glendon, and Declan Weeks are all quality. That is a good thing though as I’m delighted we have strength in depth, and am now feeling more optimistic about our chances this season. I said the other day that these trialists may prove to be the difference between us making the play-offs and missing out. Now we have snapped ALL of them up, we will be just fine. It’s now critical we get behind all of them, especially Paddy, be that for only a couple of months or the entire season, as they will all have big roles to play. Welcome to Chester FC Paddy 🔵⚪️🔵⚪️!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2021 - 05:51 AM