Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kick up the backside?
delamereal
post Mar 13 2011, 11:05 AM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3639

Yesterday's result should be the reminder that contrary to some posts on here - champions elect etc. - we haven't won anything yet. We played poorly and got a point.
Also it should have identified some problem areas, no Howard - no width; no Williams - midfield back up is not up to scratch; no Wilde we struggle up front.
No doubt NY will have this sorted either by bringing loanees back (Connolly I hope), or getting someone in.
No cause for panic as Fylde & Curzon both dropped points yesterday, and Chorley & Skem will also in the coming weeks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Mar 13 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #2

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

The difference an absent Wilde makes worried me the most. Hardly looked like scoring all game. I knew he brought a lot but even I was surprised by how toothless we suddenly looked.

I felt we lacked options yesterday, which, is startling considering we were "top-heavy" not so long ago. Perhaps we need to be a little more careful before we decide whose surplus to requirements?

That said - still top and still havin' a laugh!

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
Blue World
post Mar 13 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #3

Youth team

Member No.: 4238

good point well made mr delemereal

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Mar 13 2011, 01:00 PM
Post #4

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

We will win the title at a canter.

Shoot me wink.gif

+Quote Post
Andy L
post Mar 13 2011, 01:08 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Bambi_CCFC @ Mar 13 2011, 11:39 AM) *
The difference an absent Wilde makes worried me the most. Hardly looked like scoring all game. I knew he brought a lot but even I was surprised by how toothless we suddenly looked.

I felt we lacked options yesterday, which, is startling considering we were "top-heavy" not so long ago. Perhaps we need to be a little more careful before we decide whose surplus to requirements?

I honestly don't think Wilde would of made a great difference. The midfield was the disappointment for me, no creativity, no control, no supply, no composure... missed Ashley Williams

Worst performance for a long time but I'm not worrying too much. 3 key players out didn't help but another point closer to promotion against a half decent side in form.

--------------------
"For myself, I am an optimist — it does not seem to be much use being anything else" Winston Churchill

+Quote Post
ruffer the dog
post Mar 13 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 5536

QUOTE (Andy L @ Mar 13 2011, 01:08 PM) *
QUOTE (Bambi_CCFC @ Mar 13 2011, 11:39 AM) *

I honestly don't think Wilde would of made a great difference. The midfield was the disappointment for me, no creativity, no control, no supply, no composure... missed Ashley Williams

Worst performance for a long time but I'm not worrying too much. 3 key players out didn't help but another point closer to promotion against a half decent side in form.

Your right i think we missed Ashley Williams big time today as he is the player since he came here that has made our central midfield tick so to speak. Howard does a similar thing in the wide position. However i did think we missed wilde today, even when he isn't scoring he holds the ball up well. works the channels and generally presses the oppoistion defence. Simm is all about pace and scoring and doesn't really do any of th above while Gritton holds up the ball well but doesn't really harass or run the channels

Recover quick wild thing

+Quote Post
AGL
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

QUOTE (delamereal @ Mar 13 2011, 11:05 AM) *
Yesterday's result should be the reminder that contrary to some posts on here - champions elect etc. - we haven't won anything yet. We played poorly and got a point.
Also it should have identified some problem areas, no Howard - no width; no Williams - midfield back up is not up to scratch; no Wilde we struggle up front.
No doubt NY will have this sorted either by bringing loanees back (Connolly I hope), or getting someone in.
No cause for panic as Fylde & Curzon both dropped points yesterday, and Chorley & Skem will also in the coming weeks.

Agree. All this posturing about winning the league by 15 points, champions elect etc is premature. We still have to play Curzon twice and Skelmersdale and Chorley aren't out of it. We're not going to win every game, not to going to play total football. If we limp over the line by a point I will be delighted - at the start of the season I'd have settled for play offs so we're in a great position and I can't believe there are one or two questioning the manager. There's no point putting pressure on the players and there's bound to be a few tired legs and nerves as it gets down to the last dozen games. We've come a long way in a year - let's get behind the manager and the team.

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
Post #8

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

Don't see any reason to panic now . . . every chance Wilde and Howard will both play at Lancaster. Quite a few dodgy home performances have been followed by someone getting a pasting on their own pitch. cityscarf.gif

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
resker
post Mar 13 2011, 03:03 PM
Post #9

resker

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Almost Blue @ Mar 13 2011, 01:22 PM) *
Don't see any reason to panic now . . . every chance Wilde and Howard will both play at Lancaster. Quite a few dodgy home performances have been followed by someone getting a pasting on their own pitch. cityscarf.gif

And Williams hopefully.

+Quote Post
mused
post Mar 13 2011, 03:03 PM
Post #10

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

Let's no be too hasty!!! Williams, Wilde and Howard would be big losses in any team within the Evostick set up. I do think NY has let some very good players go who could have been great replacements but NY is the manager and we're how many points clear at the top? And regarding yesterday, Witton weren't a bad side to be fair and they got their tactics spot on.

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
delamereal
post Mar 13 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3639

Read the last paragraph

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-...59067-28328555/

Looks like a new arrival is imminent.

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Mar 13 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

QUOTE (delamereal @ Mar 13 2011, 03:50 PM) *
Read the last paragraph

Whenever we get a good crowd at Chester we seem to have a poor game, this has gone on for years,in fact I expected it yesterday when I saw the packed car park !

+Quote Post
Ean
post Mar 13 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #13

chester football club supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 2289

QUOTE (delamereal @ Mar 13 2011, 11:05 AM) *

citysign.GIF quite right ,everyone jumping the gun lets go out and win it then shout about it

sure we will see the lads back soon in great form

--------------------
I'M A FOOL

WHY DON'T YOU BECOME ONE TOO

bugler for the masses
west stand
golf pro to the stars
well nwas anyway

+Quote Post
3mm
post Mar 13 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #14

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Let's not forget the chasing pack are all slipping up and dropping points too. That's partly how we've got ourselves 12 points clear, well... that, and huge away wins at 'chasing pack' opponents cityscarf.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Mar 13 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3547

QUOTE (The Colonel @ Mar 13 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Read the last paragraph

Whenever we get a good crowd at Chester we seem to have a poor game, this has gone on for years,in fact I expected it yesterday when I saw the packed car park !

Can't label this team with the same chokers tab as teams of old. They've dealt with the pressure brilliantly.

--------------------
Chester City Football Club

+Quote Post
Old Miss Blue
post Mar 13 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #16

Squad player

Member No.: 1517

QUOTE (Treeny @ Mar 13 2011, 09:51 PM) *
Read the last paragraph

Can't label this team with the same chokers tab as teams of old. They've dealt with the pressure brilliantly.

It seems to me that what a lot of us are forgetting is that this brilliant team of ours are part-timers who have full-time jobs. They work all day then come to training followed by a match on Saturday/Wednesday. A lot of them also have responsibilities to their wives/partners. Do you not think that after all the efforts they have been putting in to get us where we are today i.e. 12points clear, that they may be feeling a bit tired? I am sure that they will benefit from a break this week and come back ready for the final push. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Deva Boy Returns
post Mar 14 2011, 08:47 AM
Post #17

Formerly Deva Boy when I was living in Exile in Yorkshire
Group Icon

Member No.: 1081

QUOTE (Old Miss Blue @ Mar 13 2011, 11:16 PM) *
QUOTE (Treeny @ Mar 13 2011, 09:51 PM) *
Read the last paragraph

It seems to me that what a lot of us are forgetting is that this brilliant team of ours are part-timers who have full-time jobs. They work all day then come to training followed by a match on Saturday/Wednesday. A lot of them also have responsibilities to their wives/partners. Do you not think that after all the efforts they have been putting in to get us where we are today i.e. 12points clear, that they may be feeling a bit tired? I am sure that they will benefit from a break this week and come back ready for the final push. rolleyes.gif

Spot on Old Miss Blue

--------------------
In 2004 'Deva Boy' returned after three years exiled in Yorkshire and so, 'Deva Boy Returns'

CHESTER FC UNTIL THE SKY TURNS GREEN

'OUR CITY, OUR COMMUNITY, OUR CLUB'

+Quote Post
nicksonmatt
post Mar 14 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1289

^We are also unbeaten in 16 games in the league, which is an amazing achievement at any level.

Yes we had an off day and in reality we should have got beaten. We were missing 3 key players and still managed to grind out a draw.

Long may this unbeaten run continue. Hopefully with 3 points away on the weekend. COYB!!

--------------------
Chester F.C established 21st May 2010.

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post Mar 14 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #19

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5322

In my reconing i would have taken a draw at skem like everyone i spoke to, with three points against Witton ,but it happned the other way around .!!!

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Mar 14 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

there was a rumour in the blues bar on saturday that lancaster had had to release players to cut costs

+Quote Post
Elton Blues
post Mar 14 2011, 11:02 AM
Post #21

Our City, Our Community, Our Club
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Mar 14 2011, 10:44 AM) *
there was a rumour in the blues bar on saturday that lancaster had had to release players to cut costs

It's not a rumour, they did this a few weeks ago with one lad signing for Chorley.

--------------------
I am one of the thousands of fools and proud of it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2021 - 03:58 AM