Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chester v Aldershot, Match thread
jonniebling
post Oct 7 2014, 08:05 AM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1283

Not done one before so here goes, 2-1 to the Blues after coming back from one down which seems to be pretty often this season attendance 2100
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DorsetBlue
post Oct 7 2014, 09:57 AM
Post #2

Squad player

Member No.: 10812

Give the Shotst a good spanking 4-0 cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
mused
post Oct 7 2014, 11:12 AM
Post #3

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

1-1 1800.

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
MPW
post Oct 7 2014, 12:18 PM
Post #4

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

I'm pretty sure Aldershot won't roll over tonight like they did for Hereford in that last match last season? I still remember them tweeting how both sets of fans were celebrating staying up together.

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Oct 7 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

1-0 1700

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Oct 7 2014, 12:31 PM
Post #6

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

QUOTE (MPW @ Oct 7 2014, 01:18 PM) *
I'm pretty sure Aldershot won't roll over tonight like they did for Hereford in that last match last season? I still remember them tweeting how both sets of fans were celebrating staying up together.

This is the team I dislike the most, after they didn't try and inch in the Hereford game and relegated us. Seriously, hope Burr reminds the players how they felt on the last day of the season and this inspires them to be up for it and to give them a beating. COYB

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Oct 7 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #7

1st team captain

Member No.: 217

QUOTE (1midfield general @ Oct 7 2014, 01:31 PM) *

This is the team I dislike the most, after they didn't try and inch in the Hereford game and relegated us. Seriously, hope Burr reminds the players how they felt on the last day of the season and this inspires them to be up for it and to give them a beating. COYB

You can't blame Aldershots failure to get a result against Hereford the reason for our relegation, we failed to get the job done and win. Simple as that.

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

World Cup Doubles Champion - 28/7/05

'A member of the DCFC Prankster Organisation'

+Quote Post
Juan King
post Oct 7 2014, 12:59 PM
Post #8

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1240

QUOTE (jonniebling @ Oct 7 2014, 09:05 AM) *
Not done one before so here goes, 2-1 to the Blues after coming back from one down which seems to be pretty often this season attendance 2100

Be amazed at a crowd of 2000 for a wet Tuesday night game, when we couldn't even get one for a Sunny
Saturday afternoon previously

--------------------
If you see a bloke opening a Car door for a woman,
It's either a new car or a new woman.

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Oct 7 2014, 01:21 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (Juan King @ Oct 7 2014, 01:59 PM) *
QUOTE (jonniebling @ Oct 7 2014, 09:05 AM) *

Be amazed at a crowd of 2000 for a wet Tuesday night game, when we couldn't even get one for a Sunny
Saturday afternoon previously

I don't like Aldershat after what went on last season, especially the alleged reason for the return of Matt Taylor to FGR.

That said I'll be surprised if we get anything from the match. 2-0 Aldershot.

+Quote Post
mused
post Oct 7 2014, 01:34 PM
Post #10

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

QUOTE (steveo1 @ Oct 7 2014, 01:56 PM) *

You can't blame Aldershots failure to get a result against Hereford the reason for our relegation, we failed to get the job done and win. Simple as that.

This^^
I can't believe there are people out there who genuinely believe Aldershot sent us down. The fact is, we were turd for pretty much most of the season but thanks to a minor miracle we only had to beat a mid table team, at home on the last day. Five minutes to go, and in true Chester style we royally blew it!

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
MPW
post Oct 7 2014, 01:48 PM
Post #11

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

I agree, but it still left a bitter taste at the time !

+Quote Post
jack
post Oct 7 2014, 01:52 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

In Liverpool its been raining pretty solidly all day long. Assuming its similar in Chester, Is there any doubt over the fixture?

+Quote Post
Harry Blaen
post Oct 7 2014, 02:02 PM
Post #13

born 2B blue

Member No.: 5237

"in true Chester style we royally blew it! "

This is the joke that never gets funny. Who's style was it when we beat Wrexham?

--------------------
DEVA VICTRIX
XX

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Oct 7 2014, 02:33 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (mused @ Oct 7 2014, 02:34 PM) *

This^^
I can't believe there are people out there who genuinely believe Aldershot sent us down. The fact is, we were turd for pretty much most of the season but thanks to a minor miracle we only had to beat a mid table team, at home on the last day. Five minutes to go, and in true Chester style we royally blew it!

I disagree that we were t**d for most of last season. We gave every team in the league a 5 game start and were ultimately relegated on goal difference on the last day of the season with 51 points ~ a record for a Conference relegation side. We won 7 away games. Where we failed was our dismal home form (5 wins) which is not much better this season.

+Quote Post
PhillippeDuLait
post Oct 7 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #15

Like a Tesco's Carrier Bag

Member No.: 139

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Oct 7 2014, 03:33 PM) *

This^^

I disagree that we were t**d for most of last season. We gave every team in the league a 5 game start and were ultimately relegated on goal difference on the last day of the season with 51 points ~ a record for a Conference relegation side. We won 7 away games. Where we failed was our dismal home form (5 wins) which is not much better this season.

We gave no-one a five game headstart. Everyone played the same teams twice. Yes, we had a bad start but if we had won the first game, then lost the next five instead the result would have been the same.

We deserved to be relegated, the league table doesn't lie. Therefore we simply weren't good enough, "t**d" as some may say. The manner in which we conceded the decisive late goal vs Salisbury was unfortunate, or maybe not as it came from an individual error by a Chester player.

After the 'bad luck' we suffered in-season, we had a massive stroke of good luck in being reinstated. As ever, these things tend to even out. It's all history now. We stayed up to fight another season.

--------------------
Your optimism strikes me like junkmail addressed to the dead

http://twitter.com/phillippedulait

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Oct 7 2014, 03:20 PM
Post #16

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

It's more Andy Scott than Aldershot themselves that I don't like, absolute tool bag.

Mind you, the 'You're Chistahhh and yer garwinn daaannn' chants back in 09 were pretty classless, especially considering their subsequent attitude towards Hereford last season.

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Oct 7 2014, 04:26 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (PhillippeDuLait @ Oct 7 2014, 04:13 PM) *
QUOTE (shunter blue @ Oct 7 2014, 03:33 PM) *

This^^

We gave no-one a five game headstart. Everyone played the same teams twice. Yes, we had a bad start but if we had won the first game, then lost the next five instead the result would have been the same.

We deserved to be relegated, the league table doesn't lie. Therefore we simply weren't good enough, "t**d" as some may say. The manner in which we conceded the decisive late goal vs Salisbury was unfortunate, or maybe not as it came from an individual error by a Chester player.

After the 'bad luck' we suffered in-season, we had a massive stroke of good luck in being reinstated. As ever, these things tend to even out. It's all history now. We stayed up to fight another season.

I believe the problem both last season and this is that our pre-season has been pants. We played no-one of Conference Premier quality, played too many trialists who couldn't be signed, e.g. George Thompson and the result was that we didn't really compete in the first games.
Also we have rarely put in a 90 minute performance so far this season.

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Oct 7 2014, 04:44 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3547

1-2 1600

--------------------
Chester City Football Club

+Quote Post
DorsetBlue
post Oct 7 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #19

Squad player

Member No.: 10812

I just hate allthesh1t full stop. They are my wrexscum

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Oct 7 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #20

Chester legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 701

Giving this game a miss tonight.

0-0 Att 1756

+Quote Post
True Cestrian
post Oct 7 2014, 05:57 PM
Post #21

Youth team

Member No.: 3058

giving tonight a miss, i'll go for small crowd of 1,300 and 2-1 win cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Oct 7 2014, 06:21 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

Alder shot away last year stuck us in the only uncovered part of the ground when there was a big covered stand empty . Charged us more to get in. It was a night game arrived there with ten minutes to spare to be sent on a wild goose chase through an unlit park arriving st the gates five minutes after kick off only to be locked out what a poxy hole alder shot was hope we stuff them tonight

+Quote Post
billy whiz
post Oct 7 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #23

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 6249

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Oct 7 2014, 07:21 PM) *
Alder shot away last year stuck us in the only uncovered part of the ground when there was a big covered stand empty . Charged us more to get in. It was a night game arrived there with ten minutes to spare to be sent on a wild goose chase through an unlit park arriving st the gates five minutes after kick off only to be locked out what a poxy hole alder shot was hope we stuff them tonight

any commentary tonight? cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Harry Blaen
post Oct 7 2014, 06:36 PM
Post #24

born 2B blue

Member No.: 5237

I must submit a sick note for tonight, foot is still heavily bruised and bandaged after a bunion op last Friday. My weekend working has finished though so really looking forward to the business end of the season, maybe even a half season ticket at Christmas for me and the teen should the offer be repeated. Will be tuned in tonight, COYB!

--------------------
DEVA VICTRIX
XX

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Oct 7 2014, 06:44 PM
Post #25

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

Giving this one a miss as well. Scores a hard one to call but i'm going for a 1:1 draw, 'bout 1700 there.

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 04:36 AM