> Charity Bags through the letterbox...
Che Guevara
post Feb 28 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #1

Castra Devana

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1198

Are getting out of hand, 7 in 4 days !!

Just how much stuff do they think people chuck out ? and then the have to knock to collect, if they can fit in with the contsant window salesmen 'just passing by', that is,

With fuel the price it is it cant be cost effective to drive around collecting tat all day can it ? Theres only so much stuff to give them anyway.

Its doing my head in.

**MODS** can you correct my title typo ? ta

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Feb 28 2011, 03:17 PM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AndyHa
post Feb 28 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #2

The Reaper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 79

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Feb 28 2011, 03:06 PM) *

Just how much stuff do they think people chuck out ? and then the have to knock to collect, if they can fit in with the contsant window salesmen 'just passing by', that is,

With fuel the price it is it cant be cost effective to drive around collecting tat all day can it ? Theres only so much stuff to give them anyway.

Its doing my head in.

Thinking exactly the same myself. Every day I seem to be getting one or two of them through the door. Also on quite a few occasions I have put stuff in them and nobody turns up to collect them angry.gif

--------------------
"Entertainments may be taxed; public houses may be taxed… and the yield devoted to the general revenue. But motorists are to be privileged for all time to have the tax on motors devoted to roads? This is an outrage upon… common sense." Winston Churchill

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Feb 28 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #3

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

QUOTE (AndyHa @ Feb 28 2011, 03:46 PM) *

Its doing my head in.

Thinking exactly the same myself. Every day I seem to be getting one or two of them through the door. Also on quite a few occasions I have put stuff in them and nobody turns up to collect them angry.gif

I had one on saturday , one on ,would you believe sunday , and b****r me Ive had two today so far , I use them to put rubbish in ,then put them into a black ,it makes them stronger,

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Feb 28 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #4

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (The Colonel @ Feb 28 2011, 04:24 PM) *
QUOTE (AndyHa @ Feb 28 2011, 03:46 PM) *

Its doing my head in.

I had one on saturday , one on ,would you believe sunday , and b****r me Ive had two today so far , I use them to put rubbish in ,then put them into a black ,it makes them stronger,

.....a lot are not from registered charities,Cancer research and hospice are the only ones we will fill up.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Feb 28 2011, 07:09 PM
Post #5

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

my missus filled one up a while back for a cancer charity,when this big fat gypsy tramp pulled up and nicked it.
She phoned up the charity to tell that it was happening and they told her she was the third call that day.
angry.gif

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Feb 28 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #6

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Feb 28 2011, 07:09 PM) *
my missus filled one up a while back for a cancer charity,when this big fat gypsy tramp pulled up and nicked it.
She phoned up the charity to tell that it was happening and they told her she was the third call that day.
angry.gif

....yes i can believe it. They will also nick your'e wheely bin if it's left empty outside also.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Mar 1 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #7

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Feb 28 2011, 10:11 PM) *
angry.gif

....yes i can believe it. They will also nick your'e wheely bin if it's left empty outside also.

There was an report in papers last year that gangs were stealing wheely bins and shipping them over to Eire and selling them !

+Quote Post
AndyHa
post Mar 1 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #8

The Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 79

QUOTE (The Colonel @ Mar 1 2011, 12:26 AM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Feb 28 2011, 10:11 PM) *
angry.gif

There was an report in papers last year that gangs were stealing wheely bins and shipping them over to Eire and selling them !

I've a spare brown one if they want it biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Entertainments may be taxed; public houses may be taxed… and the yield devoted to the general revenue. But motorists are to be privileged for all time to have the tax on motors devoted to roads? This is an outrage upon… common sense." Winston Churchill

+Quote Post
idledriver
post Mar 1 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #9

Squad player

Member No.: 3244

Slightly off the subject of charity bags, if you're sick of all the junk mail you get through your letterbox you can contact the mail preference service and have your address removed, it takes a month or so to come into effect but since i did it i've received no addressed unsolicited mail (still get pizza menus etc) anyway go to mpsonline.org.uk if you want to do this.

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Mar 1 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (idledriver @ Mar 1 2011, 01:04 PM) *
Slightly off the subject of charity bags, if you're sick of all the junk mail you get through your letterbox you can contact the mail preference service and have your address removed, it takes a month or so to come into effect but since i did it i've received no addressed unsolicited mail (still get pizza menus etc) anyway go to mpsonline.org.uk if you want to do this.

Also ,if you are fed up with unsolicited phone calls, Ibought a True call gadget that stops all unwanted calls , Its great and realy does what it says on the box !!

+Quote Post
Langley Mill Blu...
post Mar 1 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #11

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (The Colonel @ Mar 1 2011, 04:12 PM) *

Also ,if you are fed up with unsolicited phone calls, Ibought a True call gadget that stops all unwanted calls , Its great and realy does what it says on the box !!

Or you can register with the Telephone Preference Service

TPS

We now only get about one sales call a year and as soon as you mention you're registered with the TPS they're off line quicker than SVj across McDonalds car park.

--------------------
You've got nothing to say and your saying it TOO LOUD!

+Quote Post
angel of the nor...
post Mar 1 2011, 11:12 PM
Post #12

DCs most adored poster :)

Member No.: 800

saves me buying bin bags

--------------------
CFC ,,, BEST IN THE BUSINESS

"So you fancy a trip to Europe do you Dominic?

I heard u got a bit of money 4 me nev?
Come on hand it over to your Uncle Chop Chop, I'm just a bloody normal bloke. A normal bloke who likes a bit of torture

This is what its like to be wxm , this is what its like to be small , this is what its like when your team wins nothing at all . . . nothing at all . . . . . . . . . . . .

don't look at me, don't you f**king look at me

+Quote Post
Wrexham Blue
post Mar 1 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #13

Behind Enemy Lines
Group Icon

Member No.: 102

QUOTE (Langley Mill Blue @ Mar 1 2011, 05:35 PM) *

TPS

We now only get about one sales call a year and as soon as you mention you're registered with the TPS they're off line quicker than SVj across McDonalds car park.

I'm registered with the TPS but it don't stop the calls from abroad, Trucall does excellent piece of kit

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Mar 2 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Wrexham Blue @ Mar 1 2011, 11:40 PM) *

TPS

I'm registered with the TPS but it don't stop the calls from abroad, Trucall does excellent piece of kit

YOU mentioned Trucall last year,I looked it up and bought one ,result, no more calls from insurance co cruise co and the dark continent !!

+Quote Post
Wrexham Blue
post Mar 2 2011, 03:08 PM
Post #15

Behind Enemy Lines
Group Icon

Member No.: 102

QUOTE (The Colonel @ Mar 2 2011, 11:47 AM) *

TPS

YOU mentioned Trucall last year,I looked it up and bought one ,result, no more calls from insurance co cruise co and the dark continent !!

glad to be of help biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Mar 3 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Wrexham Blue @ Mar 2 2011, 03:08 PM) *
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Mar 2 2011, 11:47 AM) *

TPS

glad to be of help biggrin.gif

Every time I see your little lamb it brings a smile to my face ..

+Quote Post
mused
post Mar 3 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #17

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

And long may it continue - turn them inside out and you've got yourself a perfectly good bin bag!

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Mar 6 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (mused @ Mar 3 2011, 08:23 PM) *
And long may it continue - turn them inside out and you've got yourself a perfectly good bin bag!

Sunday pm would you believe it! just had 2 more bloody plastic bags through the letter box also flyer for chinese take away ,these will go straight into bin , and take 10000 years to rot away .

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Mar 6 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #19

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (mused @ Mar 3 2011, 08:23 PM) *
thats what we do . free bin bags . curry chinnese . pizza menues straight in reycle bin .sorted guiness.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 01:49 PM