> Can 'The Great Unwashed' Bounce Back?
Mancot Blue
post Aug 5 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 173

BBC Sport: Dragons Look To Breathe New Fire

Interesting article, but just looking at their ins and outs and, aside from ex-Mansfield hot-shot Simon Brown, their signings leave alot to be desired whilst much of their experienced players from last season, and a couple of what were supposed to be bright young talents, have all been shown the exit door.

I think it could be a difficult season for them, but the BSP is not too difficult. An upper mid-table finish should lie in wait. Not quite enough for the play-offs, as there is alot of competition at the top of that league, but not quite a disastrous season either. If, as the article suggest, Jefferson Louis and Shaun Whalley are the strike pairig, they will struggle to score goals.

Any Goats care to agree or disagree?

EDIT: You have to manually type in the team name all in lower case due to this messageboard's swear filter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chesterfan69
post Aug 5 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #2

CFU Member

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3700

QUOTE (Mancot Blue @ Aug 5 2008, 03:17 AM) *
EDIT: You have to manually type in the team name all in lower case due to this messageboard's swear filter.

Link here.

+Quote Post
Vambo
post Aug 5 2008, 07:31 AM
Post #3

Squad player

Member No.: 2129

The statement that the BSP is "not too difficult" is utter b*llocks! It is a highly competitive league, similar to the Championship in many ways, as the next step up is the one which fully legitimises a club.

There are six or seven clubs that will be there or there about.

Will Wrecscum be one of them? Maybe, but not certainly.

+Quote Post
Loska's left...
post Aug 5 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #4

Pained Blue

Member No.: 840

Our old friend Gary Brabin looks to be building a decent side at Cambridge. What joy to see them do Wr**h*m 2-0 with Carden and Bolland scoring.

--------------------
Emerging from the darkness

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Aug 5 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (Vambo @ Aug 5 2008, 08:31 AM) *
The statement that the BSP is "not too difficult" is utter b*llocks! It is a highly competitive league, similar to the Championship in many ways, as the next step up is the one which fully legitimises a club.

The Goats have enough about them to finish comfortably in mid-table. Aside from the top seven or eight, the BSP is a pretty poor league.

+Quote Post
casualobserver
post Aug 5 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #6

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 598

QUOTE (Mancot Blue @ Aug 5 2008, 11:01 AM) *
QUOTE (Vambo @ Aug 5 2008, 08:31 AM) *

The Goats have enough about them to finish comfortably in mid-table. Aside from the top seven or eight, the BSP is a pretty poor league.

but it always throws up a team or 2 who have done nothing for seasons then seem to hit the ground running - FGR being a classic example, small club (no disrespect as they use to be my local team when living down there) who last season had a really good go at the league and suprised quite a few outside of the area....

--------------------
CHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB - RIP MY DEAR FRIEND, GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

The new H-Block (Cheshires No. 1)

English Rose

+Quote Post
Trogdor
post Aug 5 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #7

Squad player

Member No.: 429

Saw them play Colwyn Bay and considering it took playing a unibond div1 (North) side for them to break their pre season duck on goal scoring i think thats pretty sad. Probably finish mid table, that steeley span or steel eye spam or whatever the F**K that looks like melchiot looked clueless! haha

+Quote Post
gainsparkshrew
post Aug 5 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #8

1st team regular

Member No.: 2175

Got to agree with your posts,from my brief recollection of our one season "vacation" in the Conference most opposition teams inevitably came to the Meadow woth Plan A..get everyone behind the ball and play for a 0-0 draw..when we scored they didn't seem to have a plan B and we inevitably won.
Looking at the Wr**h*m squad I don't think that they have the wherewithall to break down a 10 man defence

Actually...thinking back...the only Plan A that I saw that really worked was...Chester biggrin.gif ..was it Ian Turner ,on loan from Everton,that won a hyperthetical "Player of the Season" award on the back of one absolutely brilliant performance ???...wasn't it that game that meant that you only needed a point at home to Scarborough (who ??) to go up as Champions ?

This post has been edited by gainsparkshrew: Aug 5 2008, 06:39 PM

--------------------
Liverpool by birth,The Wirral by upbringing,Shropshire by fate

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Aug 5 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #9

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

interesting to see that little says he will know the league inside and out by the end of august
doesnt say which year though

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
martyn blue
post Aug 5 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #10

Archie 2008-2009

Member No.: 3874

The same Brian Little that was going to steer them away from relegation last season!!!! You can write down on the back of a postage stamp what he knows about football. The Father Ted look alike buffoon!!

--------------------
Deva Chat - Whats The Next Excuse Not To Go The Match??

1000 Loyal Chester Fans - Through Thick and Thin!

+Quote Post
don1
post Aug 5 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #11

1st team sub

Member No.: 2025

QUOTE (Trogdor @ Aug 5 2008, 05:41 PM) *
Saw them play Colwyn Bay and considering it took playing a unibond div1 (North) side for them to break their pre season duck on goal scoring i think thats pretty sad. Probably finish mid table, that steeley span or steel eye spam or whatever the F**K that looks like melchiot looked clueless! haha

Yes, we've gone down. But we have regrouped, got rid of a lot of dead wood and the squad this season is a lot stronger than last year.

I think you'll find the reason why we've not scored many goals this preseason is that we have been playing (bar colwyn bay and stafford rangers), teams of a much higher calibre.

0-0 draws against Crewe and Blackpool who are 2 and 3 leagues respectively above us, and a 1-0 win against Wolves who are 3 leagues above - all are very respectable results

You might want to compare our results with Chesters results over the past few weeks and then reconsider your opinion. Defeats against Telford !! , Swansea & Carlisle - a draw against conference north team Southport and a narrow win over conference north team Vauxhalls.

Suffice to say, that by beating Wolves, we obviously did not wait until Colwyn Bay to break our scoring duck.

You'll find that these aren't opinions, but plain facts.

+Quote Post
jack
post Aug 5 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

Wr**h*m will be there or thereabouts id imagine. Little is a good manager, and it wont be pretty but im sure theyll win the majority at the racecourse

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Aug 5 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #13

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

QUOTE (jack @ Aug 5 2008, 09:16 PM) *
Wr**h*m will be there or thereabouts id imagine. Little is a good manager, and it wont be pretty but im sure theyll win the majority at the racecourse

Was a good manager, totally past it now.

Wxm will be lucky to finish in the top 10.

+Quote Post
Goats 'n Roses
post Aug 5 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #14

I say!

Member No.: 2112

Last Saturday's 6-0 demolition of BSC North side Stafford Rangers really gave many Reds a huge lift on Red Passion.
Sadly, I think the rude awakening has yet to set in.
My mate is good friends with Reds' leg end Dixie McNeil. Dixie was at the game and said something along the lines of:" Not one of those Stafford players would make it into the Flexy's Cefn Druids side". They were s**t in other words.
Even Silvio Spann scored. I hope some f****r captured it on camera because he won't score many more in his 3-year Wxm contract.
We need a goal scorer. We look better in defence. But, if you don't score goals, you don't win.

Honest Goatfather

--------------------
Sabbatical my @rse!

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Aug 5 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #15

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 1308

Absolute bollox.Numero uno,Little is a SH*TE manager.

They have no firepower,no goal scorer,zilch.They need a Clare,they don't have one.Its as simple as that.

They are destined to be doomed.Thank Fook.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
You see that burnt out world that he is living in
I don't need to look for the rules
Here comes the donkey
Chained to a ten ton plough
He'll never make that hill in a million years
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Aug 5 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #16

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

QUOTE (Corner Flag @ Aug 5 2008, 10:16 PM) *
Worry about yourselves my friend Wr**h*m will do well just you wait and see !!
Anyway if you lot of cock sucking devients can win the BSP as champions I think we will probably be promoted by Christmas !!!

QUOTE (Mancot Blue @ Aug 5 2008, 03:17 AM) *

Interesting article, but just looking at their ins and outs and, aside from ex-Mansfield hot-shot Simon Brown, their signings leave alot to be desired whilst much of their experienced players from last season, and a couple of what were supposed to be bright young talents, have all been shown the exit door.

I think it could be a difficult season for them, but the BSP is not too difficult. An upper mid-table finish should lie in wait. Not quite enough for the play-offs, as there is alot of competition at the top of that league, but not quite a disastrous season either. If, as the article suggest, Jefferson Louis and Shaun Whalley are the strike pairig, they will struggle to score goals.

Any Goats care to agree or disagree?

Difference with us and you and the Conference, is we had far better players and a better manager.

Even Mark Wright saved us from the drop to the conference, something old man Little couldnt do with you.

+Quote Post
Langley Mill Blu...
post Aug 5 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Caergwrle Blue @ Aug 5 2008, 10:13 PM) *

Absolute bollox.Numero uno,Little is a SH*TE manager.

They have no firepower,no goal scorer,zilch.They need a Clare,they don't have one.Its as simple as that.

They are destined to be doomed.Thank Fook.

Totally agree CB. Little is one of those managers that somehow just seems to keep getting jobs. Had the misfortune to watch his Leicester side on numerous occasions in my Uni days. Absolute dire football but he had the team organised. He seems to have lost that ability now, he had plenty of time down the road to get them organised and failed miserably.

His signings leave a lot to be desired and as you say you really do need an out and out goalscorer to win the BSP.

At least he has his monotone drawl to inspire the players and get them fired up!

--------------------
You've got nothing to say and your saying it TOO LOUD!

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Aug 5 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #18

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

QUOTE (don1 @ Aug 5 2008, 09:13 PM) *

Yes, we've gone down. But we have regrouped, got rid of a lot of dead wood and the squad this season is a lot stronger than last year.

I think you'll find the reason why we've not scored many goals this preseason is that we have been playing (bar colwyn bay and stafford rangers), teams of a much higher calibre.

0-0 draws against Crewe and Blackpool who are 2 and 3 leagues respectively above us, and a 1-0 win against Wolves who are 3 leagues above - all are very respectable results

You might want to compare our results with Chesters results over the past few weeks and then reconsider your opinion. Defeats against Telford !! , Swansea & Carlisle - a draw against conference north team Southport and a narrow win over conference north team Vauxhalls.

Suffice to say, that by beating Wolves, we obviously did not wait until Colwyn Bay to break our scoring duck.

Cool, how many points did you get for all of those excellent results?

+Quote Post
don1
post Aug 5 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #19

1st team sub

Member No.: 2025

QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Aug 5 2008, 11:11 PM) *

I didn't say they were excellent results, I said they were respectable.

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Aug 5 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #20

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

QUOTE (don1 @ Aug 6 2008, 12:00 AM) *
QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Aug 5 2008, 11:11 PM) *

I didn't say they were excellent results, I said they were respectable.

Cool, how many points did you get for all of those respectable results?

+Quote Post
casualobserver
post Aug 6 2008, 07:42 AM
Post #21

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 598

QUOTE (Goats 'n Roses @ Aug 5 2008, 10:08 PM) *
Last Saturday's 6-0 demolition of BSC North side Stafford Rangers really gave many Reds a huge lift on Red Passion.
Sadly, I think the rude awakening has yet to set in.
My mate is good friends with Reds' leg end Dixie McNeil. Dixie was at the game and said something along the lines of:" Not one of those Stafford players would make it into the Flexy's Cefn Druids side". They were s**t in other words.
Even Silvio Spann scored. I hope some f****r captured it on camera because he won't score many more in his 3-year Wxm contract.
We need a goal scorer. We look better in defence. But, if you don't score goals, you don't win.

Honest Goatfather

it's a sad fact in the conference but without a "clare" type goal machine you'll struggle. Clueless little should have been looking for that type of player and forget about your defence, as the sloppy greg says, most teams will visit you with 10 men behind the ball so it's up to you to get stuck in and score the goals. once that happens, they will be clueless with what to do to get back on terms and you score again. it's easy, even s**tty s**tty chester city managed to do it

--------------------
CHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB - RIP MY DEAR FRIEND, GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

The new H-Block (Cheshires No. 1)

English Rose

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 05:22 PM