Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Nov 9 2018, 07:40 AM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

On the back of a lucky win against Nuneaton, we return to the Deva tomorrow afternoon where we play against Altrincham at home in a Cheshire derby. Our display wasn’t great on Tuesday although a handful of our players dropped to the floor at the final whistle, portraying how much hard work they put in. I’m sure that they would’ve worked hard since then and will be raring to go against a good Altrincham outfit. Us supporters need to replicate our player’s commitment by turning up in our droves again.

✅ Man City, Everton, Liverpool and United aren’t in action
✅ We haven’t lost at home
✅ We have won 5 home games in the bounce
✅ We are unbeaten in 11.

For me, these factors should encourage anybody to support our lads as they can’t possibly do much more to influence higher attendances. Also, a win could see us go on top with a game in hand on Tuesday so we must be going all out to win. Altrincham will bring a few to boost the gate, but we still need to chase down as many people as possible to come to our home games.

Altrincham will be making the short journey from Eastern Cheshire following a solid start to the season. They are currently knocking on the play-off door on the back of promotion from the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League last campaign, and have proved to be no pushovers. Over the years we have had a very poor record with Alty, but since then we have undergone a new era who will be wanting to banish our duck at the first attempt.

I’m looking forward to this match as we are the form side in this division and will be hoping to extend our good run. Again, I urge everyone to get to the Swansway due to the above factors, so that you can support your local club. I can see the crowd being an improvement but we need to make sure that we have initiatives in place for future matches. There have been some good ideas on here so we really need to get our heads down now. This will be a tough fixture for us, but I expect us to edge a tight affair by scraping a narrow win. COME ON YOU BLUES!

Score: Chester FC (Howson, Mooney) 2-1 Altrincham
Attendance: 1,932 (345 Altrincham)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Nov 9 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #2

Rio Doherty

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/N8OlnDGckMM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Nov 10 2018, 06:09 PM
Post #3

Rio Doherty

It’s obviously really gutting to lose such a manner as we have been brought back down to earth again. At long last we actually got a good crowd today (approx. 2,000 blues) and we go onto lose, which is typically always the way here at Chester. To be honest we had decent spells, but again we never had that end product which resulted in a deserved win for Altrincham. Our players did put the effort in, but it always going to be tough given the fact we have had to play 3 times every week, whilst we have had to deal with a lot of injuries. You’ve still got to give our lads some credit though as we went to achieve a brilliant run, and we must pick up now. Inevitably, it was going to end at some point so we must just accept that now as it was just one of those days.

Altrincham began as the much better side and duly took the lead as Jordan Hulme passed the ball into the net to give them the perfect start. As the half went on we managed to get a foothold, but again we were missing that killer final instinct as Alty frustrated us. We really missed Gary Stopforth’s energetic drive in the middle as we didn’t have that spark. I’m also surprised with how deep Anthony Dudley was positioned as it’s obvious that he’s far more effective further up the field. Mani Dieseruvwe had little support again, which depicts how we should’ve played with a front two to try and cause Altrincham problems. Another thing I noticed was how Tony Thompson in particular had a habit of playing the ball from the back, which is what we should perform more frequently to maintain possession. Alty headed into the break with a slender 1-0 lead.

We came out of the blocks quicker than we did in the first half and began to get ourselves back into the game. Our superior crowd was showing a better atmosphere today, but it’s just a shame that the end outcome put a downer on it. Simon Grand equalised for us at the back post, but the visitors took the lead again as we disappointingly couldn’t clear our lines at the back where Jordan Hulme headed in. We threatened on a number of occasions but the visitors remained resilient to come away with the win.

I’m still gutted with the outcome as it’s not often we lose, but we mustn’t let this affect us as we have another game on Tuesday. On the plus side the attendance was much more like it, but it’s just typical that we don’t put the performance in to bring these floaters back. We must move onto York now which will be another tough game, although we must look at this as a winnable match as they are on a slide. Again, a frustrating result today but we will soon pick up again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Nov 10 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #4

Rio Doherty

My match highlights:
https://youtu.be/it-zUYR3-wM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2018 - 02:32 PM