Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Steve Burr, I told you so
superkev
post Feb 11 2016, 12:09 PM
Post #1

1st team sub

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 11802

Remember when i came on here a couple of months ago saying the team was toothless and BURR had to go.
I remember quite well that i was shot down with the KEEP THE FAITH GANG and Burr is the best MANAGER IN THIS LEAGUE.
Well isnt it funny how everyone(well nearly everyone) is know after his head.
The funny thing about DC is that most on here dont attend home and away every game like i do, ive missed 2 games this season and ive really had enough.
Instead of saying we cant afford to sack him as we will have to pay out 50k "says who".
It would be good if someone from the club could confirm this if true.
We have an core of 2000 so lets all chip in and been done with him .
Ill pledge 50quid straight away if this is the case.
DONT COME ON HERE AND SLAG ME OFF AGAIN AS YOU ALL FEEL THE SAME AS I DO.
SICK OF IT.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GaroldBlue
post Feb 11 2016, 12:21 PM
Post #2

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2991

QUOTE (superkev @ Feb 11 2016, 12:09 PM) *
Remember when i came on here a couple of months ago saying the team was toothless and BURR had to go.
I remember quite well that i was shot down with the KEEP THE FAITH GANG and Burr is the best MANAGER IN THIS LEAGUE.
The funny thing about DC is that most on here dont attend home and away every game like i do, ive missed 2 games this season and ive really had enough.
Instead of saying we cant afford to sack him as we will have to pay out 50k "says who".
SICK OF IT.

Well done mate, really pleased for you.

--------------------
I invented the shoe in 1942.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Feb 11 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #3

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

SICK OF IT.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
DanLB
post Feb 11 2016, 12:59 PM
Post #4

1st team regular

Member No.: 7442

SICK OF IT.

Are you a grown man? It's just I've never heard anyone over the age of 12 genuinely use the term "I told you so".

--------------------
Until the sky turns green...

+Quote Post
superkev
post Feb 11 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #5

1st team sub

QUOTE (DanLB @ Feb 11 2016, 12:59 PM) *
SICK OF IT.

Are you a grown man? It's just I've never heard anyone over the age of 12 genuinely use the term "I told you so".

Argh look it's one of the keep the faith gang

+Quote Post
DanLB
post Feb 11 2016, 01:06 PM
Post #6

1st team regular

QUOTE (superkev @ Feb 11 2016, 01:03 PM) *
SICK OF IT.

I think Steve Burr should go, however I'm happy to admit I've only recently come to that conclusion. If only we all had your infinite wisdom we would be top of the league and en route to Wembley...

--------------------

+Quote Post
superkev
post Feb 11 2016, 01:10 PM
Post #7

1st team sub

QUOTE (DanLB @ Feb 11 2016, 01:06 PM) *
SICK OF IT.

I think Steve Burr should go, however I'm happy to admit I've only recently come to that conclusion. If only we all had your infinite wisdom we would be top of the league and en route to Wembley...

Attend more games and you would have my WISDOM

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Feb 11 2016, 01:34 PM
Post #8

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (superkev @ Feb 11 2016, 01:10 PM) *
SICK OF IT.

Have to admit that's a pretty good response biggrin.gif He is right to a point though,anyone who could tell the difference between their a**e and their elbow could see that we were going to be in a relegation battle a couple of months ago.

+Quote Post
DanLB
post Feb 11 2016, 01:47 PM
Post #9

1st team regular

QUOTE (Billy W @ Feb 11 2016, 01:34 PM) *
SICK OF IT.

Have to admit that's a pretty good response biggrin.gif He is right to a point though,anyone who could tell the difference between their a**e and their elbow could see that we were going to be in a relegation battle a couple of months ago.

Okay I'll keep my eye out at Torquay, Alty and Kiddy in the next week or so as I'll be in attendance at all three, like I was last night. rolleyes.gif

I was fully aware that we were heading for a relegation battle a few months ago Billy, but Superkev's argument is that we should have sacked the manager months ago. That's a different point and one that I think at the time was wrong given the cost implications and lack of alternatives. I'm now of the viewpoint that he should go, but I'm not convinced we would be in a better position even if we had sacked him 2 months ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rimmersring
post Feb 11 2016, 03:25 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10799

SB should go, and he should have gone at the start of this season, but we do have to be pragmatic. if it really eats into our finances to get rid of him we will have to make do until his contract runs out, the club must come first, even if this might mean relegation...im as gutted as anybody, as he came here with all the hopes and dreams of success...but unfortunately it hasn't worked out.

+Quote Post
superkev
post Feb 11 2016, 04:10 PM
Post #11

1st team sub

QUOTE (DanLB @ Feb 11 2016, 01:47 PM) *
SICK OF IT.

Okay I'll keep my eye out at Torquay, Alty and Kiddy in the next week or so as I'll be in attendance at all three, like I was last night. rolleyes.gif

I was fully aware that we were heading for a relegation battle a few months ago Billy, but Superkev's argument is that we should have sacked the manager months ago. That's a different point and one that I think at the time was wrong given the cost implications and lack of alternatives. I'm now of the viewpoint that he should go, but I'm not convinced we would be in a better position even if we had sacked him 2 months ago.

I could see that we were going down the pan over 2 months ago thats why i brought it up at the time.
The performances were shocking the attitude was shocking and the commitment was non exsistant.
Burr didn't have a clue then and most certainly doesn't know.
Hes lost control and we need a change as quick as i cant see another win coming from a team in this division again this season.

+Quote Post
ALWAYS BLUE
post Feb 11 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #12

Shabba
Group Icon

Member No.: 1387

QUOTE (superkev @ Feb 11 2016, 04:10 PM) *
QUOTE (DanLB @ Feb 11 2016, 01:47 PM) *
SICK OF IT.

I could see that we were going down the pan over 2 months ago thats why i brought it up at the time.
The performances were shocking the attitude was shocking and the commitment was non exsistant.
Burr didn't have a clue then and most certainly doesn't know.
Hes lost control and we need a change as quick as i cant see another win coming from a team in this division again this season.

Getting rid of manager is not a quick fix

--------------------
SHABBA!!

+Quote Post
chester fan 2015...
post Feb 11 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #13

deva chatter

Member No.: 12120

much as he has lost a lot of fans over the last month or 2 burr wont give in and will see out his contract unless the club can find away of paying his contract off

+Quote Post
SolihullBlue
post Feb 11 2016, 11:27 PM
Post #14

Youth team

Member No.: 12184

SICK OF IT.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2021 - 11:02 AM