Total Votes: 1
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Jan 18 2019, 07:48 AM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

We are at the Deva again tomorrow as we host Curzon Ashton at home where we look to extend our unbeaten 2019 record. Last Saturday we put in a decent display against Guiseley but couldn’t muster a last gasp win despite us throwing everything at them. Tomorrow’s match will not be easy as Curzon are on a good run of form, but to keep our promotion dreams alive we really have to get the three points.

Ahead of this game there is some good news to report as George Green will be available for selection again following his one match ban. We are still thin on the line attacking-wise so there could still be a chance of us bringing somebody in to today as we only have Anthony Dudley and Deane Smalley up front. If we don’t manage to sign anybody today I’d prefer Nathan Brown to start as he had a good cameo against Guiseley, instead of Deane Smalley who wasn’t as effective.

Curzon Ashton will be making the journey from Greater Manchester currently on a good run of form. A lot of people predicted them to struggle this season but they have managed to hold their own as they sit in a comfortable position in mid table. Long-serving manager John Flanagan was sacked at the end of November whch was a surprise to many as he was doing a great job there. Mark Bradshaw came in who didn’t get off to a flier, although Curzon have won their last 3 games so will be no pushovers tomorrow.

Despite our shortness in depth at the moment we have to win this game as these are the type of matches we look back on at the end of the season. In all honesty our atmosphere has dropped off during recent home matches so we need to bring the feel good factor back to get behind our lads. Come On City!

Score: Chester FC (Green, Dudley, Grand) 3-1 Curzon Ashton
Attendance: 1,845 (34 Curzon Ashton)

My predicted lineup:
Shenton
Jackson Howson Livesey Grand
Mahon Roberts Mooney
Green
Brown Dudley

COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Jan 18 2019, 10:43 PM
Post #2

Rio Doherty

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/QbMDa7mLEa0

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Jan 19 2019, 07:12 PM
Post #3

Rio Doherty

n all fairness I actually thought we didn’t play too badly this afternoon, but to lose against sides like Curzon Ashton simply is not good enough. Looking at the stats we had 6 shots on target and 11 off. Even with our injury problems we have no excuses to not find the net given the vast amount of chances we had. It was just one of those days as a decent-ish showing was undone by a smash and grab goal on the counter attack which deflated us.

We played well in the first half as we caused Curzon Ashton a number of problems. Just minutes into the game we were a lick of paint away from going in front as an unexpected 40-yard hit by Dan Mooney hit the bar which would’ve been a brilliant goal. A flurry of other chances came to us as both Danny Livesey and Steve Howson headed over, whilst Ben McKenna fired over the bar. Curzon began to get into it as they had a few spells themselves, but on the whole we were by far the more effective side in the first half.

We just didn’t really get going in the second half which foreshadowed the end outcome. I’d say we didn’t play too badly, but the longer we went through the game still searching for the opener the likelier it was we were going to concede against the run of play. Curzon were lucky on a couple of occasions as we were close to breaking the deadlock on the 50th minute mark as Mo Ali was unfortunate to not have scored an own goal from a Dan Mooney cross, whilst a Simon Grand header was cleared off the line. A powerful Brad Jackson hit just went over, but in frustrating fashion Curzon Ashton went 1-0 up as Oliver Crankshaw tapped in following poor man-marking. George Green fired wide, but at that time we seemed very dejected and never got going again. Performance wise I thought Jackson did well again today, as did Ben McKenna who looked good on the attack on his debut. Sean McAllister was brilliant today and showed to us why he has had a good career. Other than that only Lloyd Marsh-Hughes stood out who held the ball up well and got into some good positions on his return. Dan Mooney was ineffective in my opinion and seemed to be a bit lethargic, which is a shame after a promising first half of the season.

A disappointing result today, and things won’t get easier for us as we face high-flying Spennymoor Town away next Saturday in the dreaded North East. As a club we must all keep the faith as there is a long way to go yet, which is why I will be travelling up as ever next week. Our next home match is actually in 4 weeks time which is a while away, although I’m sure our pitch will be able to cope with a long lay-off, especially a new mower donated to Mike. Let’s keep the faith.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Jan 19 2019, 11:51 PM
Post #4

Rio Doherty

My match highlights:
https://youtu.be/1z_k_CYk4Ys

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2019 - 10:44 PM