Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hobbo before the game?
mused
post Apr 16 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #1

1st team captain

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1634

I was having my brew before the game and Hobbo walked over to the Harry Mac and said to a fan come and see me after the game. Was this a 'see me later I've got a signed picture for you' or was it a see you later and we'll sort it out like men behind the back of the South stand?!

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BlueBlood
post Apr 16 2016, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Blue is the colour...

Member No.: 1235

Who cares

+Quote Post
mused
post Apr 16 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #3

1st team captain

QUOTE (BlueBlood @ Apr 16 2016, 05:47 PM) *
Who cares

Well obviously me, you weapon!

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Apr 16 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #4

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

Hobson is an embarrassment. If he offered a fan out he needs to be sacked. Fraudulent footballer! And to think some on here compared Alabi to that donkey, the mind boggles!

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
Rhodri
post Apr 16 2016, 05:14 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 1019

Hobson and Heneghan were in the car next to me coming out after the game at literally 5 on the dot. Maybe Macca/Sharps only do short post match debriefs. Questionable music taste mind, and the backwards cap doesn't suit Hobbo ;-)

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Apr 16 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #6

3 in a row

QUOTE (Rhodri @ Apr 16 2016, 06:14 PM) *
Hobson and Heneghan were in the car next to me coming out after the game at literally 5 on the dot. Maybe Macca/Sharps only do short post match debriefs. Questionable music taste mind, and the backwards cap doesn't suit Hobbo ;-)

Neither does football suit Hobble!

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Apr 16 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

I remember Graham Barrow doing exactly the same thing. Given some of the abuse, it is little wonder players react?

+Quote Post
mused
post Apr 16 2016, 05:33 PM
Post #8

1st team captain

QUOTE (1midfield general @ Apr 16 2016, 06:21 PM) *
I remember Graham Barrow doing exactly the same thing. Given some of the abuse, it is little wonder players react?

That brings me on to my point. That's the first time I've stood on the Mac for a while and some of the abuse certain players were getting was well OTT. I know we've been beyond poor but some players can't seem to win regardless. I don't think much of hobbo this season but if he was taking flack before a ball is kicked what hope is there?!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Apr 16 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

A few people were chanting "you're just a s**t Ross Hannah" at Hobson as he came over to the Harry Mac. That's when he appeared to offer a few of them out

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post
mused
post Apr 16 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #10

1st team captain

QUOTE (Deva Chanter @ Apr 16 2016, 06:52 PM) *
A few people were chanting "you're just a s**t Ross Hannah" at Hobson as he came over to the Harry Mac. That's when he appeared to offer a few of them out

That explains it then, DC. There didn't seem to be any takers. And it went quite quiet!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cmonublues
post Apr 16 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #11

Squad player

Member No.: 11881

In my opinion, the only time it is acceptable to shout abuse at players is if they don't put in enough effort. We all know that Hobson is limited at this level, but one thing you can say about him is that he always gives his all - which is more than can be said for some players this season. Would we rather a decent player with little effort (e.g. Richards) or a poor player with lots of effort? Tough choice, but abusing players who give their all is not acceptable.

+Quote Post
mused
post Apr 16 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #12

1st team captain

QUOTE (Cmonublues @ Apr 16 2016, 08:01 PM) *
In my opinion, the only time it is acceptable to shout abuse at players is if they don't put in enough effort. We all know that Hobson is limited at this level, but one thing you can say about him is that he always gives his all - which is more than can be said for some players this season. Would we rather a decent player with little effort (e.g. Richards) or a poor player with lots of effort? Tough choice, but abusing players who give their all is not acceptable.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, his giving it all during the home game with Lincoln was pathetic. But I definitely draw the line at abusing the lad when he's still in his training kit!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Apr 16 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #13

1st team legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 174

QUOTE (Cmonublues @ Apr 16 2016, 08:01 PM) *

Couldn't agree more about Hobbo. Couldn't agree less about Richards.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Apr 16 2016, 07:53 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

I would rather have a scrap with Hobson than Graham Barrow 👊👊

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Apr 16 2016, 09:50 PM
Post #15

3 in a row

Wow what a hard man Hobble is offering one of the 15 year old lads who assemble behind the goal. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the lads ko'd him given how easily he gets shrugged off the ball and goes down. I've heard far worse comments than the above stated yet he decides to react in a childish and unprofessional manner.

I remember Vaughan junior and Rapley offer fans out and they were a disgrace to the shirt as well. As for effort from Hobson some of his performances have been laughable this season.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gerryattrick
post Apr 16 2016, 10:21 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 149

I think Hobson was well out of order in this instance because the gobs**te who called him a 's**t Ross Hannah' was clearly paying him a compliment!! How ungrateful can one be?

--------------------
"One of the 409 cold people at The Moss Rose on November 27th 1990" - Chester City 2 Bury 0"
April 6th 2013 Chester 1 Boston 0. Chester Blue Square North Champions, Send in the Clowns.........
Don't bother they're here! ..........Up Yours Stephen Vaughan!

R.I.P Harry McNally
R.I.P Derek Mann
ROT IN HELL/JAIL Stephen Vaughan
LONG LIVE CHESTER FOOTBALL CLUB

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Apr 16 2016, 10:30 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

Sorry ,but if you are going to give a load of s**t, then you have got to be prepared to take it.
Slagging off a player before the game starts. Laughable. What kind of halfwit does that?
Do we really need that kind of support?

+Quote Post
mused
post Apr 16 2016, 10:52 PM
Post #18

1st team captain

QUOTE (1midfield general @ Apr 16 2016, 11:30 PM) *
Sorry ,but if you are going to give a load of s**t, then you have got to be prepared to take it.
Slagging off a player before the game starts. Laughable. What kind of halfwit does that?

It was all a bit strange. Hobson wasn't exactly bouncing and nobody replied. I genuinely didn't know whether he was talking to a mate or offering somebody out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Apr 16 2016, 11:19 PM
Post #19

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (mused @ Apr 16 2016, 11:52 PM) *

It was all a bit strange. Hobson wasn't exactly bouncing and nobody replied. I genuinely didn't know whether he was talking to a mate or offering somebody out!

....well he was very popular at the End of season awards, every time he walked across the room he was given an ovation.
I admit he s no Lionel Messi, but one thing Craig is not short of is effort, and I personally thought he did well when he came on.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Apr 16 2016, 11:31 PM
Post #20

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

QUOTE (mused @ Apr 16 2016, 06:33 PM) *

That brings me on to my point. That's the first time I've stood on the Mac for aexcitementand some of the abuse certain players were getting was well OTT. I know we've been beyond poor but some players can't seem to win regardless. I don't think much of hobbo this season but if he was taking flack before a ball is kicked what hope is there?!

Fully agree, i seen hobbo looking and just laughing it off, some so called fans are really embarrassing at times,makes you wonder is it worth it? cant be much worse though than the old boring t**t that stands in the harry mac with his mrs constantly talking, yawing ,burping and, farting, his way through a game, I forgive him today, maybe the wind break was the excitment of seeing all those lovely goals!

This post has been edited by Gizmo's Dad: Apr 16 2016, 11:35 PM

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Apr 17 2016, 07:41 AM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Apr 17 2016, 12:19 AM) *

....well he was very popular at the End of season awards, every time he walked across the room he was given an ovation.
I admit he s no Lionel Messi, but one thing Craig is not short of is effort, and I personally thought he did well when he came on.

Has he spoken at Senior Blues?

+Quote Post
Juan King
post Apr 17 2016, 08:14 AM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1240

If Hobson offered out everyone who's criticised him, the queue would stretch back to Blacon Crem crying.gif

--------------------
If you see a bloke opening a Car door for a woman,
It's either a new car or a new woman.

+Quote Post
andyhubbard
post Apr 17 2016, 09:23 AM
Post #23

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3436

It makes me laugh, not one of them said a word when confronted! Support the club and players abuse before a game No No!!

This post has been edited by Devon Blue: Apr 17 2016, 01:36 PM

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Apr 17 2016, 09:52 AM
Post #24

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Apr 17 2016, 08:41 AM) *

We had him and Ben Henighan at the Senior Blues just after the Wrexham home game last season.
Keep up shunter! biggrin.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Apr 17 2016, 12:41 PM
Post #25

3 in a row

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Apr 17 2016, 08:41 AM) *

Yeah he has. An 80 year old gent questioned his strike rate so Hobble offered him a fight in the car park.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2019 - 12:55 AM