Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HILLSBOROUGH 15TH APRIL 1989 R.I.P 96 .
olisdad
post Apr 14 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #1

1st team regular
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 3681

The Hillsborough Disaster was a deadly human crush that occurred on 15 April 1989, at Hillsborough, a football stadium home to Sheffield Wednesday in Sheffield, England, resulting in the deaths of 96 people (all fans of Liverpool Football Club). It remains the deadliest stadium-related disaster in British history and one of the worst in international football.

My thoughts are with all the fans of liverpool football club , its families and loved ones lost .

R-I-P .

OLISDAD .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bristol Blue
post Apr 14 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #2

YTS Trainee (released)

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 697

My condolences to all the families who lost loved ones! Respect!

--------------------
When/if I become famous I want Gary Talbot to take my picture

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Football...Harry's Game</span>

+Quote Post
Alan
post Apr 14 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #3

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2483

A terribly sad occassion that will hopefully never be seen in this country again.

For me though, the more this ongoing crusade by Liverpool supporters goes on, the longer it will take the souls of the dead to be laid to rest.

--------------------
Alan Povey
Chairman of City Fans United
Email: alan.povey@chesterfc.com
Twitter: @AJPovey83

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Apr 14 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #4

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 1308

RIP...nobody,but,nobody should go to a game and come home in a bag.May God be with you all.

..but, please,please,please lets not forget the tragic loss of life at Heysel either, as that always seems to be forgotten.

RIP the 39.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
You see that burnt out world that he is living in
I don't need to look for the rules
Here comes the donkey
Chained to a ten ton plough
He'll never make that hill in a million years
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Apr 15 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #5

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

This thread was only ever going to go in one direction really wasn't it? Not sure why people always feel the need to get into all of this and can't just let the ridiculously petty stuff go for one day. A good friend of mine died at Hillsborough, and regardless of what anyone thinks about the actions of anyone on that day, it really doesn't matter...96 innocent lives were still lost.

RIP.

+Quote Post
GizmoBlue
post Apr 15 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #6

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3408

QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Apr 15 2009, 01:47 AM) *
This thread was only ever going to go in one direction really wasn't it? Not sure why people always feel the need to get into all of this and can't just let the ridiculously petty stuff go for one day. A good friend of mine died at Hillsborough, and regardless of what anyone thinks about the actions of anyone on that day, it really doesn't matter...96 innocent lives were still lost.

RIP.

Some normality to the thread. RIP the 96.

--------------------
Once a Seal always a Seal!

Chester are back!

+Quote Post
lukowski14
post Apr 15 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #7

1st team captain

Member No.: 3653

RIP.

well said mate - R.I.P all and my thoughts are also with the families

--------------------
CHESTER FC
" at worst it will be brilliant "

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Apr 15 2009, 05:07 AM
Post #8

Banksy's Profile

Member No.: 1169

This day is for remembrance, of the fans that would never get to see their team play again, not remembrance of who's fault it was / wasn't.

Let's remember that.

I'm no Liverpool fan whatsoever, but RIP to the 96 anyway.

--------------------
Follow my Twitter @Banks247 / Facebook JB

One Voice, One Passion

I am a Chester fan...I am a Cestrian

CHESTER FC - EVO-STIK FIRST DIVISION NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010/11, EVO-STIK PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011/12, BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012/13

Our Community, Our City, Our Club.

Jeff Banks - Media Volunteer

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Apr 15 2009, 07:01 AM
Post #9

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

Its very sad threads like this turn into what they have. 96 people died, this is about remembering those not scoring points with half thruths and speculation.

RIP

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Jonny Trueblue
post Apr 15 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #10

Deep Blue Something

Member No.: 355

QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Apr 15 2009, 12:47 AM) *

RIP.

Exactly right. Most of you probably know I'm no lover of LFC, but when some use the deaths of 96 people as a point scoring exercise, it really does beggar belief. The issue of who was to blame is one that will, in all likelihood, never truly be known, regardless of how much people manipulate 'facts' to suit their own agendas. What is known is that 96 people went to a football match and died. If we can't just respect that and let the other issues go, even for one day, then there really is no hope for any of us.

--------------------
Out of the ashes will rise a new giant and will be feared by all. Once again the love of the people will make Chester a great football club with players who are proud to wear the shirt just like I was. Go for it, keep the dream alive.

Elfed Morris

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Apr 15 2009, 07:32 AM
Post #11

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

Brian Law Reflects On Hillborough

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Christleton Blue
post Apr 15 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #12

Now in Exile
Group Icon

Member No.: 1420

QUOTE (Bristol Blue @ Apr 15 2009, 12:01 AM) *
My condolences to all the families who lost loved ones! Respect!

I remember this day vividly as a football supporter. I remember watching the news in shock. I remember the face of my mother looking at me, knowing that she was thinking it could have been her son as a week in, week out football supporter at Chester. This could have happened at any stadium, with any supporters, at any match. The design of stadiums in Britain has changed to reflect this and as a result of the Taylor report after the eventsa at Hillsborough (I think?). I will never forget these terrible memories of Hillsborough from the television as a youngster, or Heysel or Bradford. It was only a few years after Chester had been at Hillsborough in the FA cup against Wednesday! My sympathies go out to anyone who has lost a friend or relative at any of these avoidable tragedies. As humans we learn from our mistakes, may their souls rest in peace.

+Quote Post
Chris
post Apr 15 2009, 07:47 AM
Post #13

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

RIP.

Sadly, yes - it's the sort of one where the true colours of some individuals show through. Would be nice if the moderators tidied up what should be a respectful thread and considered banning the c*nt on the first page who's being an antagonistic child.

RIP - the 96 today especially, and anyone else ever killed in a stadium disaster, of which tragically there have been more than the two mentioned here. No-one should set out to attend a football match and not come back.

+Quote Post
deva feva
post Apr 15 2009, 07:50 AM
Post #14

1st team regular

Member No.: 2508

QUOTE (Chris @ Apr 15 2009, 08:47 AM) *

RIP.

Sadly, yes - it's the sort of one where the true colours of some individuals show through. Would be nice if the moderators tidied up what should be a respectful thread and considered banning the c*nt on the first page who's being an antagonistic child.

RIP - the 96 today especially, and anyone else ever killed in a stadium disaster, of which tragically there have been more than the two mentioned here. No-one should set out to attend a football match and not come back.

Henry "Haggis" Rogers - Age 17 - Rest In peace

--------------------
The pheonix is rising!!![color="#4169E1"][/color]

+Quote Post
john butler
post Apr 15 2009, 07:51 AM
Post #15

1st team regular

Member No.: 543

Lord Justice Taylor in his report said that The failure to close or block the tunnel leading into the already full pens three and four once the police
had ordered Gate C to be opened was the immediate cause of the disaster, that football had
simply not learned anything from the numerous disasters in its past, that it and the police were so
obsessed with the threat of violence that they were unable to spot people in genuine danger of their lives,
that police fundamentally lost control of the situation, and did not demonstrate the leadership expected
of senior officers, that safety procedures were inadequate, that the ground was badly maintained and
dangerous, that fans were routinely treated with contempt by football, and that fans had been the victims
rather the guilty party. His reports, published in August 1989 and January 1990, dismissed the allegations
against Liverpool supporters for the disaster
, and called instead for a total rethink in the industry's attitudes
towards fans, and on the issue of safety. It also highlighted the failures by local authorities to check
safety certificates for stadia (Sheffield Wednesday had redeveloped parts of the ground without obtaining
a new safety certificate, or telling the emergency services: the result was that the safety certificate was
outdated and useless, and that plans Sheffield Wednesday had developed with the local emergency
services could not be put into practice, as the layout of the ground had changed).

But people on Deva Chat no better.
Lets not forget a Chester lad was killed that day.

--------------------
Che Hawarden boy look behind you

+Quote Post
Southern Blue
post Apr 15 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2331

QUOTE (deva feva @ Apr 15 2009, 08:50 AM) *

RIP.

He was in my year at school and played in the school team together at QPH. He was a talented footballer and a great lad. Deva-fan, I am curious to know who you are so will PM you.
Ryan Lowe's Toe, your comments are totally inappropriate today of all days. I am quite happy to have a debate about the points you raised on another thread, another time, just not today. Please show some respect and leave it at that for now.

--------------------
I want to play a game.

+Quote Post
deva feva
post Apr 15 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #17

1st team regular

Member No.: 2508

QUOTE (Southern Blue @ Apr 15 2009, 10:10 AM) *

RIP.

He was in my year at school and played in the school team together at QPH. He was a talented footballer and a great lad. Deva-fan, I am curious to know who you are so will PM you.
Ryan Lowe's Toe, your comments are totally inappropriate today of all days. I am quite happy to have a debate about the points you raised on another thread, another time, just not today. Please show some respect and leave it at that for now.

At QPH also - played with haggis for Westminster Park fc - scored an own goal past him from the half way line once!

--------------------
The pheonix is rising!!![color="#4169E1"][/color]

+Quote Post
Southern Blue
post Apr 15 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (deva feva @ Apr 15 2009, 10:18 AM) *

RIP.

At QPH also - played with haggis for Westminster Park fc - scored an own goal past him from the half way line once!

I never realised he went in goal, don't know what he was doing there as he was always a real handful down the wing. I was always between the sticks at QPH so never saw him go in goal, sounds like you needed a keeper at Westminster Park fc as much as Chester did last week.

--------------------
I want to play a game.

+Quote Post
C Block Ultra
post Apr 15 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #19

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 164

A sad day for all involved and spare a thought for the families who lost loved
ones on a day where everyone was expected home at the end of a day out at
a football match. How the famililes must hurt whenever they see a Liverpool
game on tv - especially at this time of year.

The F.A should have paid the victims the ultimate honour by abandoning the
F.A Cup competition that year.

As someone has already stated this is not the only ever football disaster and
something should be done to remember the innocent people that lost their
lives at Heysel, and more so the people that have lost their lives at African
football matches which seem to be forgotten a lot more quickly than others.

RIP everyone who lost their life innocently attending a football match and whose
only crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This post has been edited by C Block Ultra: Apr 15 2009, 09:41 AM

--------------------
C BLOCK.... IT'S LOUDER THAN WAR !!!!!

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Apr 15 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #20

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

RIP.

That's who I was talking about in my original post, I think I now know who Southern Blue is, should have guessed really wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bluesontop
post Apr 15 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #21

H Block..................
Group Icon

Member No.: 1942

We were away at Huddersfield that day. Coming back on the M62 I will never forget the absolute despair on the faces of those travelling back from Hillsborough.

May the 96 rest in peace.

--------------------
Chester City FC The pride of the North West

Colin Potts is a tramp.

+Quote Post
Southern Blue
post Apr 15 2009, 09:47 AM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Apr 15 2009, 10:41 AM) *

RIP.

That's who I was talking about in my original post, I think I now know who Southern Blue is, should have guessed really wink.gif

Thought that would give it away - Bwdmphhh wink.gif

--------------------
I want to play a game.

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Apr 15 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #23

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

QUOTE (Jonny Trueblue @ Apr 15 2009, 08:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Apr 15 2009, 12:47 AM) *

RIP.

Exactly right. Most of you probably know I'm no lover of LFC, but when some use the deaths of 96 people as a point scoring exercise, it really does beggar belief. The issue of who was to blame is one that will, in all likelihood, never truly be known, regardless of how much people manipulate 'facts' to suit their own agendas. What is known is that 96 people went to a football match and died. If we can't just respect that and let the other issues go, even for one day, then there really is no hope for any of us.

I echo these sentiments entirely.

You cannot but have anything other than sympathy for the victims and their families.

This post has been edited by Arrogant Blue: Apr 15 2009, 10:15 AM

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
Deva Cat
post Apr 15 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #24

1st team regular

Member No.: 1322

QUOTE (C Block Ultra @ Apr 15 2009, 10:40 AM) *
A sad day for all involved and spare a thought for the families who lost loved
ones on a day where everyone was expected home at the end of a day out at
a football match. How the famililes must hurt whenever they see a Liverpool
game on tv - especially at this time of year.

The F.A should have paid the victims the ultimate honour by abandoning the
F.A Cup competition that year.

As someone has already stated this is not the only ever football disaster and
something should be done to remember the innocent people that lost their
lives at Heysel, and more so the people that have lost their lives at African
football matches which seem to be forgotten a lot more quickly than others.

RIP everyone who lost their life innocently attending a football match and whose
only crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

No, they weren't committing a "crime" or even "in the wrong place at the wrong time". I know it's a popular cliche but I do wish people would stop using that stupid phrase when the innocent get hurt or killed. They were at major football match on a Saturday afternoon, in a place and that they had every right to be in, at a time you'd expect them to be there. It would be more accurate to say that the police did the "wrong thing at the wrong time" and behaved with criminal neglect and incompetence.

RIP the 96.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ERO
post Apr 15 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #25

1st team sub

Member No.: 975

May the 96 rest in peace, a truly horrific day, no football supporter should go to the match and worry about never returning. Still hear harrowing tales to this day.

R.I.P YNWA

--------------------
Form Is Temporary... Class Is Permanent

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2019 - 01:21 AM