Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
RioTheBallBoy
post Jul 6 2018, 06:47 AM
Post #1

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Welcome to the first match thread of pre-season as we open up our pre-season campaign by playing against Liverpool tomorrow in our first home game of pre-season. It should be a brilliant spectacle with the likes of Naby Keita and Fabinho both taking part with Jurgen Klopp. On the other side however, I’m really looking forward to watching our new squad for the first time as well as Bern and Jonno’s first match in our dugout.

Obviously, the only down side of this match is that it clashes with England’s World Cup Quarter Final which has lead to a lot of people voicing their opinions on this forum from both sides. Still though, it’s not every week we see Chester FC play against a team whose last game wasn’t in the Champions League Final, which is why I’ve opted to attend tomorrow’s match instead. It should be a great occasion and one that we should relish.
Come On You Blues!
Score: Chester FC (Burton) 1-3 Liverpool (Solanke, Keita, Fabinho)
Attendance: 4,337 (1,500 Liverpool)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jul 6 2018, 06:49 AM
Post #2

Squad player

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/eEiuVVqktD0

--------------------

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jul 7 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #3

Squad player

Despite us losing 7-0, I really enjoyed that game. I was rather surprised that it took Liverpool 40 minutes to score a goal as I was quite impressed with how we kept our shape. We looked relatively solid until they scored, but to be honest no one expected the score to be that close.

Liverpool just had far too much quality for us to cope with in the second half and we just evaporated away. Still though, we shown some positive signs today and I’m happy with how we coped. Let’s face it, if this friendly was played a year back the score would be well over double figures. With a couple more additions up front and an extra goalkeeper, I believe that our squad will do well this season and will provide us with a competitive platform. Once again, I enjoyed today’s game and we should appreciate Liverpool’s kind gesture. It would be great if this can be an annual fixture in the future. Nice to be back at it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Jul 8 2018, 08:39 AM
Post #4

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Jul 8 2018, 04:17 AM) *
Despite us losing 7-0, I really enjoyed that game. I was rather surprised that it took Liverpool 40 minutes to score a goal as I was quite impressed with how we kept our shape. We looked relatively solid until they scored, but to be honest no one expected the score to be that close.

Liverpool just had far too much quality for us to cope with in the second half and we just evaporated away. Still though, we shown some positive signs today and I’m happy with how we coped. Let’s face it, if this friendly was played a year back the score would be well over double figures. With a couple more additions up front and an extra goalkeeper, I believe that our squad will do well this season and will provide us with a competitive platform. Once again, I enjoyed today’s game and we should appreciate Liverpool’s kind gesture. It would be great if this can be an annual fixture in the future. Nice to be back at it!

I read in some of the UK newspapers where our game has been given quite a write-up and photographs of Liverpool players of course - and of course the Chester goal-keeper too! So ... well done Liverpool and thank you, and well done Chester management for obtaining this engagement just like Tranmere has done over the years although without the changed date due to England's football engagements overseas.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jul 8 2018, 06:20 PM
Post #5

Squad player

Match highlights:
https://youtu.be/SEiNVJMrIys

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 02:50 AM