Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wxm Fans Boycott
Blueblister
post Feb 16 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3554

There's a poll on dead passion about asking if they should boycott or not............ the militant tendency spreads across the border!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Feb 17 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

QUOTE (Blueblister @ Feb 16 2010, 10:11 PM) *
There's a poll on dead passion about asking if they should boycott or not............ the militant tendency spreads across the border!!

If you have got problems, no matter what the only way to get anything done is to make a stand , Boo ,Boycott ,withold services,and generally make a positive stand against whoever is the cause of the upset.

+Quote Post
The Beautiful Ga...
post Feb 17 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #3

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1026

Is this over the duo working in the club office?

--------------------
"'The past was yours but the future's mine'

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Feb 17 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #4

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

QUOTE (The Beautiful Game @ Feb 17 2010, 10:21 AM) *

Is this over the duo working in the club office?

I expect the threat of legal action by their chairman against red passion might be part of it

+Quote Post
Goats 'n Roses
post Feb 17 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #5

I say!

Member No.: 2112

Don't get me wrong. I think 'fan power' is a wonderful thing - but used in the right context.
What these two Scousers allegedly have done concerning charity money is morally wrong. Seemingly they've led businesses down the proverbial garden path saying that all monies received will go to charity, when in fact only 5% went to charity.
Why haven't any charges been brought against them?
The club quite rightly have pointed out that no criminal proceedings have ever been brought against this couple.

--------------------
Sabbatical my @rse!

+Quote Post
wrexhamafc
post Feb 17 2010, 03:12 PM
Post #6

Youth team

Member No.: 4713

QUOTE (Goats @ Feb 17 2010, 02:13 PM) *
Don't get me wrong. I think 'fan power' is a wonderful thing - but used in the right context.
What these two Scousers allegedly have done concerning charity money is morally wrong. Seemingly they've led businesses down the proverbial garden path saying that all monies received will go to charity, when in fact only 5% went to charity.
Why haven't any charges been brought against them?
The club quite rightly have pointed out that no criminal proceedings have ever been brought against this couple.

What you fail to mention is that the charities they scammed were supposedly for the provison of comfort to people dying cancer and that, although not 'convicted' of anything, (rather like a certain local football club owner),their 'companies' were wound up in the High court in the public interest,basically because they were scamming.

Some further info:

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2...five-per-c.html

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/iss.....;/7188/page.pdf

http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/7055...tnut-House.html

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2...f-the-year.html

UK Government: Charity publishing companies closed in the public interest

Two charity publishers, set up as phoenix companies were wound up in the public interest by the High Court in Manchester following an investigation by Companies Investigation Branch of the Insolvency Service.
Hamilton Forbes Limited and Price Chamberlain Limited, traded from Burscough Lancashire, and were set up to continue the business of charity publisher Barrington House Publishing Corporation Limited, which itself was wound up in October 2005.
Investigators found that both Hamilton Forbes and Price Chamberlain sold advertising space in wall-planners to small businesses who were contacted by way of cold-calling, by many of the same staff, from the same premises, using the same methods and for the same charities as Barrington House.

The Managing Director Mrs Jeannette Walker, a former credit controller of Barrington House was unable to answer many of the questions put to her by investigators and was reliant on consultant and self employed accountant Lisa Colford, the former company secretary of Barrington House. Ms Colford along with other consultants of Hamilton Forbes Limited and Price Chamberlain Limited, Mr Peter Lyon, a Sales Motivator and Ms Lorraine Wells were all the main benefactors of Barrington House and continued to benefit from Hamilton Forbes Limited, each earning more than Mrs Walker, the Managing Director.

As in Barrington House, those placing advertisements were misled as to the amounts going to charity. Initially the companies failed to comply with Section 60 of the Charities Act 1992 and inform advertisers of the proportion of their fees which would be given to charity. Even though they latterly sent out statements, these were inaccurate.

Advertisers were told that from Hamilton Forbes Limited 15p in every £ pound would be given to The Children's Research Fund and 10p in every £ pound to the International League for Protection of Horses. However in reality less that 5p in every £pound went to these charities.

Advertisers for Price Chamberlain Limited were told 25p in every £pound would go to the charity Kids in Need and Distress (KIND) but in realitry it was 8p.

Advertisers were also misled as to the planned distribution of the wallplanners with telesales staff stating figures raning from 100's to 100,000 or "all hospitals". In reality investigators found that the maximum distribution for any one wall planner was just 87 with the average closer to 67.

The accounting records of both companies were at best inaccurate and at worst misleading with many repostings, undocumented loans and consultants paid on account without any invoices to account for the payments. Both companies appeared to be insolvent owing VAT and PAYE of over £250,000.

NOTES TO EDITORS
1. The registered office of Hamilton Forbes Limited was at Martland Mill, Mart Lane, Burscough, Lancashire, L40 0SD. The registered office of Price Chamberlain Limited was at Suite 41, 3rd Floor Oriel Chambers, 14 Water Street, Liverpool L2 8TD. Both companies traded from Martland Mill, Mart Lane, Burscough, Lancashire L40 0SD.
2. The petitions were presented under s124A of the Insolvency Act 1986 on 24th January 2007. The Official Receiver was appointed as provisional liquidator of each company on 29th January 2007 and the winding up orders were made on 13th March 2007.
3. Turnover for the 11 month trading period to July 2006 for Hamilton Forbes Limited was £2,227,416 of which £103,877 was paid to charity.
Turnover for Price Chamberlain Limited for the same period was £774,226 of which £63,360 was paid to charity.
4. Jeanette Walker, the sole director received a salary of £30,000 pa.
Donna Tomlinson, the company secretary received a salary of £26,000 pa. Lisa Colford, the in-house accountant, was paid £45,666 on the production of invoices for her services and she also received a car allowance, latterly of £731.93 per month. Peter Lyon, a sales motivator, was paid payments on account totalling £100,927 for which no invoices were produced. He is also recorded as having made unsecured loans totalling £351,905 to Hamilton Forbes. Lorraine Wells, a consultant, was paid payments on account totalling £68,034 for which no invoices were produced. Paul Lyon, a self-employed sales manager (and brother of Peter Lyon) was paid £51,757 for which no invoices were produced.
5. The Insolvency Service administers the insolvency regime investigating all compulsory liquidations and individual insolvencies (bankruptcies) through the Official Receiver to establish why they became insolvent.
6. The Insolvency Service carries out confidential enquiries on behalf of the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry through Companies Investigation Branch. The Service also authorises and regulates the insolvency profession; deals with disqualification of directors in corporate failures; assesses and pays statutory entitlement to redundancy payments when an employer cannot or will not pay employees; provides banking and investment services for bankruptcy and liquidation estate funds; and advises ministers and other government departments on insolvency law and practice.
7. All public enquiries concerning the affairs of the company should be made to: The Official Receiver, Public Interest Unit, PO Box 326, 17 - 21 Chorlton Street, Manchester, M60 3ZZ. Tele: 0161 934 4182 Email: piu.north@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk
Further information about the work of The Insolvency Service is available from http://www.insolvency.gov.uk

Moss basically had RP closed down because it was letting everyone know what quality of staff he was employing,he's a bit of a schoolyard bully when he's told he's (frequently) wrong. He even posted, on the official site, that he wanted ' honest and genuine' fans of the club to name and shame Henry j, who had actually brought this murky two to light. the honest and genuine person here was Henry J bowdown.gif

+Quote Post
Appy Arry
post Feb 17 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #7

1st team sub

Member No.: 3498

Disgusting the pair of them but imagine having a family scamming your club to its almost death, thats what we have had to put up with.

+Quote Post
Goats 'n Roses
post Feb 17 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #8

I say!

I fully appreciate and agree with what youre saying there matey.
But at the end of the day is their any point in aggravating our owner? He already has a 'bee in his bonnet' about one prominent WST member who he won't have anything to do with, so why go out of our way to push him over the edge?
All this talk of boycotting Reds game over a storm in a teacup is nothing short of disgraceful.
Moss won't go until he's collected his pay packet from Wrexham Village.

Oh for the return of the days when all we had to do was turn up on matchday and watch a game of football.

--------------------
Sabbatical my @rse!

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Feb 17 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

QUOTE (Goats 'n Roses @ Feb 17 2010, 03:36 PM) *
But at the end of the day is their any point in aggravating our owner? He already has a 'bee in his bonnet' about one prominent WST member who he won't have anything to do with, so why go out of our way to push him over the edge?
All this talk of boycotting Reds game over a storm in a teacup is nothing short of disgraceful.

Oh for the return of the days when all we had to do was turn up on matchday and watch a game of football.

Because he may as well be pushed over the edge now. It's going to happen sooner or later and he certainly shouldn't be given an easy ride.

Unfortunately with him owning the ground and surrounding land, he has an impressive bargaining chip, but we all know what his intentions are regarding that chip and it isn't good for Wrexham Football Club. Therefore, he needs to be abused, ridiculed and shamed as much as possible, in order to bring about a quicker resolution, even if that is one like at Barrow.

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post
angel of the nor...
post Feb 17 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #10

DCs most adored poster :)

Member No.: 800

I told GnR that the goats were in for another large slap in the face months ago , when I told him
the club were looking at another ground option ( Lex ) ,, he laughed it off.
Maybe this is the start of it and the thumb screws are turning.

--------------------
CFC ,,, BEST IN THE BUSINESS

"So you fancy a trip to Europe do you Dominic?

I heard u got a bit of money 4 me nev?
Come on hand it over to your Uncle Chop Chop, I'm just a bloody normal bloke. A normal bloke who likes a bit of torture

This is what its like to be wxm , this is what its like to be small , this is what its like when your team wins nothing at all . . . nothing at all . . . . . . . . . . . .

don't look at me, don't you f**king look at me

+Quote Post
Goats 'n Roses
post Feb 17 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #11

I say!

Well there we go.
It's just been breaking news on BBC Wales Today that following a board meeting Wrexham FC owner Geoff Moss will be releasing a statement concerning his future at the club withing 48-hours.

--------------------
Sabbatical my @rse!

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Feb 17 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #12

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (Goats 'n Roses @ Feb 17 2010, 02:13 PM) *
Well there we go.
It's just been breaking news on BBC Wales Today that following a board meeting Wrexham FC owner Geoff Moss will be releasing a statement concerning his future at the club withing 48-hours.

Maybe he and SVj wil be switching positions!!

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
Goats 'n Roses
post Feb 17 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #13

I say!

QUOTE (angel of the north @ Feb 17 2010, 06:49 PM) *
I told GnR that the goats were in for another large slap in the face months ago , when I told him

I can honestly say hand on heart that I did not 'laugh off' your claim AOTN. In fact, I honestly can't even remember your post although, I freely admit that in the past I have often wondered how long it would become 'not economically viable to stay at our spiritual home.
For a start I couldn't see myself, or any other Reds, relishing the thought of having Mr Hamilton as our landlord at Stansty rolleyes.gif
The Queensway Stadium perhaps.....

--------------------
Sabbatical my @rse!

+Quote Post
wrexhamfan
post Feb 17 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #14

1st team regular

Member No.: 2566

I think it's absolutely essential that we force this issue.

For a start, there's the moral reason. Decent, local, hardworking guys lost their jobs to make way for these two scumbags. Charities suffered from these bastards stealing off them. Local businesses suffered from being conned into paying for adverts with virtually no circulation. We cannot allow these people to stay at our (not Moss') club.

Secondly (and more importantly) this is a Rubicon for Moss. Turn back now and the storm will abate. Keep going, and Moss will be at war with the fans and the local community and life will be made very difficult for him indeed.

This issue is pretty unique because it's easy to understand. It's not about land or loans or equity. It's about stealing from terminally ill people. Moss can't come out in the local paper and tell lies (which, of course, will not be questioned by the local papers). He can't defend the charity scammers without revealing that they are charity scammers. He has to give a satisfactory answer or he has shown that he puts Scouse lowlives ahead of the local community.

Moss has, to some extent, made his gambit. By taking down Red Passion, he showed his true colours. If we don't press the advantage now, if we allow him to retreat back to the more complicated points of disagreement, we'll lose out in the long run. For most of the issues, Moss has the local papers and hence the support of the majority of less-clued-up Wrexham fans. On this issue, he's weak. We have to force him to come down firmly on one side or the other. We have to let him know that we don't care how much money he's 'loaned' to us, it's our club and we won't stand for it.

To me, Chester fans had this opportunity after the Colin Smith minute's silence debacle. That should have been the moment you said enough was enough and I fear that, if we don't, in 18 months' time we'll be talking about a Pheonix club. Moss has lost his ace of trumps with the LDP getting approved. We need to act now.

I'm not in favour of a boycott, but we should not let this issue go.

+Quote Post
Goats 'n Roses
post Feb 17 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #15

I say!

QUOTE (wrexhamfan @ Feb 17 2010, 07:32 PM) *

I think it's absolutely essential that we force this issue.

For a start, there's the moral reason. Decent, local, hardworking guys lost their jobs to make way for these two scumbags. Charities suffered from these bastards stealing off them. Local businesses suffered from being conned into paying for adverts with virtually no circulation. We cannot allow these people to stay at our (not Moss') club.

Secondly (and more importantly) this is a Rubicon for Moss. Turn back now and the storm will abate. Keep going, and Moss will be at war with the fans and the local community and life will be made very difficult for him indeed.

This issue is pretty unique because it's easy to understand. It's not about land or loans or equity. It's about stealing from terminally ill people. Moss can't come out in the local paper and tell lies (which, of course, will not be questioned by the local papers). He can't defend the charity scammers without revealing that they are charity scammers. He has to give a satisfactory answer or he has shown that he puts Scouse lowlives ahead of the local community.

Moss has, to some extent, made his gambit. By taking down Red Passion, he showed his true colours. If we don't press the advantage now, if we allow him to retreat back to the more complicated points of disagreement, we'll lose out in the long run. For most of the issues, Moss has the local papers and hence the support of the majority of less-clued-up Wrexham fans. On this issue, he's weak. We have to force him to come down firmly on one side or the other. We have to let him know that we don't care how much money he's 'loaned' to us, it's our club and we won't stand for it.

To me, Chester fans had this opportunity after the Colin Smith minute's silence debacle. That should have been the moment you said enough was enough and I fear that, if we don't, in 18 months' time we'll be talking about a Pheonix club. Moss has lost his ace of trumps with the LDP getting approved. We need to act now.

I'm not in favour of a boycott, but we should not let this issue go.

Again I agree with virtually everything you're saying. But what is the senario if he decides to step down, put the club up for sale, club into administration, and as Mr Hamilton would say:" Want to see a return on my investment"?
The LDP was a master-stroke but Geoff Moss can quite easily make a retreat to his mansion in Barbados and watch the club die a slow death. We need to remind ourselves that we're a non league club owned by a wealthy man who effectively pulls the strings.
I still don't think boycotting the gaves is a worthwhile option though. A picket at North Wales Newspapers might encourage some investigative journalism for the fans' cause though. The Leader has always been petrified of being sued. The Guterman-Hamilton era being a perfect example.
It's going to be interesting to see what statement Mr Moss comes out with. At least he didn't make a knee-jerk reaction like stepping down with immediate effect. Action on RP was a knee-jerk reaction though.

--------------------
Sabbatical my @rse!

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Feb 17 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #16

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1207

Things getting nasty in the principality!!

Hi,
As you might notice the RP forums are looking a little empty, this is due to legal correspondence from Gamlins Solicitors on acting on behalf of their client, Mr. Geoffrey Moss, a Director of Wrexham Football Club Limited.

A complaint was received, it however did not provide specific information to the content they found objectionable. I requested specifics so I could remove any objectionable content, as I and others have done many times before.

Sadly I have been notified at 11am that Gamlins will not provide me with that information, without cost. As a result I, or others, do not have the time to read through 222,000 posts inside the 24 hour deadline issued.

Due to this, I have been left with no option but to 'zero' the Red Passion forum posts and re-open the forum to new posts only.

This is very regrettable as the historic record of the forum is being lost, for example many years of Live Match Threads, European Years memories and the like.

I do hope this situation changes, and I am provided with the information requested so I can comply with the request to remove objectionable material and return the RP site to its former glory.

The forums are now re-opened for new posts, but again please keep in mind the site rules, terms and conditions and general etiquette.

Anyone with complaints can follow the example of several Wrexham Village representatives who over the last couple of days have brought posts, avatars and signatures to the attention of myself and mods and have been more than happy with the way their issues were dealt with.

Cheers,
Rob.
(12th Feb 2010)

ADDENDUM: To clarify, the 220,000 posts have been taken offline but still exist. I cannot place them live again without knowing which contain the objectionable material. As above, I hope this situation changes and RP can be restored with those posts removed, until then this is the situation RP finds itself in. Rob , 12:55.

ADDENDUM II: I have been in contact with the club regarding the inaccuracies in their recent statement entitled 'Red Passion' and have asked them to correct it or remove it. Rob, 15:59

ADDENDUM III: Thanks to the club for removing the "Red Passion" statement. Rob, 17:09

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
angel of the nor...
post Feb 17 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #17

DCs most adored poster :)

Member No.: 800

QUOTE (Goats 'n Roses @ Feb 17 2010, 07:21 PM) *

I can honestly say hand on heart that I did not 'laugh off' your claim AOTN. In fact, I honestly can't even remember your post although, I freely admit that in the past I have often wondered how long it would become 'not economically viable to stay at our spiritual home.
For a start I couldn't see myself, or any other Reds, relishing the thought of having Mr Hamilton as our landlord at Stansty rolleyes.gif

If I can finf it in a search i will hoy it back on here,, but as I said at the time I had been told by some bloke I know who deals in
land and development that the club had put out feelers on redeveloping Lex X1s ground.
I think at the time you mention that there was also rumour in your part of the world that Druids had been mentioned.

--------------------
CFC ,,, BEST IN THE BUSINESS

"So you fancy a trip to Europe do you Dominic?

I heard u got a bit of money 4 me nev?
Come on hand it over to your Uncle Chop Chop, I'm just a bloody normal bloke. A normal bloke who likes a bit of torture

This is what its like to be wxm , this is what its like to be small , this is what its like when your team wins nothing at all . . . nothing at all . . . . . . . . . . . .

don't look at me, don't you f**king look at me

+Quote Post
wrexhamafc
post Feb 18 2010, 08:58 AM
Post #18

Youth team

QUOTE (angel of the north @ Feb 17 2010, 09:30 PM) *
QUOTE (Goats 'n Roses @ Feb 17 2010, 07:21 PM) *

If I can finf it in a search i will hoy it back on here,, but as I said at the time I had been told by some bloke I know who deals in
land and development that the club had put out feelers on redeveloping Lex X1s ground.
I think at the time you mention that there was also rumour in your part of the world that Druids had been mentioned.

That is definitely a non-starter. Hamilton owns Stansty, LEX's ground. The road access to the site is also a non-starter,it would need major rejigging and would cost millions above the cost of the ground development. Druids ground is much too far out of town,besides, it looks like Tesco has got there first http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/mid_/7648216.stm and the 5000 capacity new ground would be much too small.
Besides, having now won the first stage of the LDP, Moss is stuck with the Racecourse being a sports only arena,no development on the pitch...

By the way, good luck today,I hope it works out for you all.

+Quote Post
Goats 'n Roses
post Feb 18 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #19

I say!

It looks like Geoff Moss is going to leave.

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/85247/mos...wrexham-fc.aspx

My gut feeling is that he would have done the right thing by Wxm FC. If only he had been a little more transparent with his plans, sat down with the Trust, took no notice of football message boards etc I can't really see another money cow arriving at The Racecourse.
Don't blame him for leaving really. You only have to look at RP today and it's the same people banging on about him. Dark days ahead possibly crying.gif

--------------------
Sabbatical my @rse!

+Quote Post
wrexhamafc
post Feb 18 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #20

Youth team

QUOTE (Goats 'n Roses @ Feb 18 2010, 11:06 AM) *
It looks like Geoff Moss is going to leave.

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/85247/mos...wrexham-fc.aspx

My gut feeling is that he would have done the right thing by Wxm FC. If only he had been a little more transparent with his plans, sat down with the Trust, took no notice of football message boards etc I can't really see another money cow arriving at The Racecourse.
Don't blame him for leaving really. You only have to look at RP today and it's the same people banging on about him. Dark days ahead possibly crying.gif

Personally, I think whats happened was already on the cards when the local council made their initial decision to include the Racecourse in the LDP, meaning he couldn't build on the ground. The so called 'abuse' has no actually proof in reality, and it seems he cannot understand the difference between abuse and criticism.

I agree with what you say about him being a little more transparent with his plans, but this exact lack of transparency is what has caused ALL of the problems, because, frankly, the fans don't trust people who basically go back on promises with no reason, act like a spoilt child when asked about the morals of employing unethical people (allegedly), and seekes to alienate the fan base at every turn. If he had been open and honest,none of this would have happened.

As for cash cow, as the club is supposedly debt free (as quoted from the Evening leader after the sale of the building ground from Wrexham FC to Wrexham Village), so it is quite an attractive prospect for someone with an ounce of football business acumen. Moss has, in effect, put very little of his own money in, even the initial £4million used to buy the club was a loan from Steve Morgan and Marek set against the ground as surety,and any further expense has again been set against further sureties owned by the club.

I just think he's distancing himself from the mes he's made of the job. Time will tell about the dark times,but thats a common thread between both sets of football fans, Wrexham and Chester, and today is obviously the first and most urgent threat.

Good luck Chester!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2022 - 02:45 AM