Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Senior Blues trip to Man City / National Cycling Centre, On Thursday 27th June
3mm
post Jun 21 2019, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Owing to illness and late cancellations, trip organiser Geoff Leith has advised me there are a few places available on the Senior Blues trip to the Manchester City club tour and the Velodrome next Thursday.

The entrance fees to the attractions are paid for, you'll just need to pay for the coach (£12.50 I think), and also pay for your lunch, or you can take sandwiches.

You don't have to be of 'Senior Blue' age to go on the trip, so if anyone is interested, PM me your name and number and I'll put you in touch with Geoff.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 27 2019, 09:34 PM
Post #2

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

The SB's trip to Manchester to tour the Etihad Stadium for a second time and see the National Cycling Centre for the first time was blessed with great weather today.

The SB's went on the Man City tour last year, but the tour has changed since then, for the better! They've now got a bit of a trophy room with all their cups in, including this years Premier League Trophy. They've also added a 360֯֯ film theatre where you get a short film about the history of Man City. Then, instead of the Tunnel Lounge, this time we went to the Chairman's Lounge (twice as posh, twice as expensive). Then the dressing rooms, media areas etc. All in all, a better tour than last years. They've also added a guided audio/visual tour on mini-ipads, and you get to keep the headphones at the end!

Then onto the Velodrome which is very impressive inside. As a complete bonus, Team GBR were there training today, so I sort of abandoned the guided tour and just watched them racing round the track - brilliant to see. I could have stopped there all day!

I understand a couple of people contacted Geoff after seeing that spare seats were available on Devachat, so I hope they enjoyed it!

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 04:44 AM