Reply to this topicStart new topic
> All stars game on Thursday
nytram
post Feb 12 2018, 05:05 PM
Post #1

Youth team

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3415

Any idea of pre match entertainment. Do I need to get there well before kick off to see all the celebrities introduced etc etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Feb 12 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #2

1st team regular

Member No.: 12774

Colin Murray will be in the Blues Bar from 17:00 to speak to supporters, then the match kicks off at 19:45.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Feb 12 2018, 06:39 PM
Post #3

Youth team

Member No.: 12909

I wonder if Colin Murray knows we have moved ground from sealand Road to Bumpers Lane. Bet he hasn't even been to the new ground. Some supporter he is.

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Feb 12 2018, 06:50 PM
Post #4

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Feb 12 2018, 06:39 PM) *
I wonder if Colin Murray knows we have moved ground from sealand Road to Bumpers Lane. Bet he hasn't even been to the new ground. Some supporter he is.

smell goat rolleyes.gif colin murray started following chester fc seven years ago . no he never went to sealand road

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Feb 12 2018, 07:08 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Yes, some supporter he is for arranging a charity game to help save the club which will bring in at least £20,000 for us.

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Feb 12 2018, 07:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 13 2018, 08:10 AM
Post #6

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

you obviously don't go to the games cos I have seen him there, several times, I can also remember him on the pitch with the mic , when we first reformed for the first four years he hosted the end of season bash every year for free, the man is a legend

are you a Wrexham fan whopper, cos I cant imagine a true Chester fan criticising Colin Murray ?

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Feb 13 2018, 11:47 AM
Post #7

Youth team

The likes of Colin Murray and Michael Owen could solve our financial crisis by writing a single cheque each they are that rich. But they choose not to.

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Feb 13 2018, 01:12 PM
Post #8

Youth team

A crowd of 1500 is expected on Thursday.

https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/fo...-colin-14282094

An utter disgrace. don't the people of Chester want a football club ? should be a full house.

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Feb 13 2018, 01:37 PM
Post #9

Youth team

Member No.: 11862

Hopefully, the crowd will be a bit bigger - fingers crossed

I've seen Mr Murray a couple of times - sometimes with Pat Nevin. Pat Nevin lived in Chester and my sister used to babysit for his little lad at the time.

To spend their time helping the club in this way is brilliant and any criticism is way off the mark.

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Feb 13 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #10

Squad player

did you ever go to sealand rd ?

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 13 2018, 02:23 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (paulus103 @ Feb 13 2018, 01:37 PM) *
Hopefully, the crowd will be a bit bigger - fingers crossed

I've seen Mr Murray a couple of times - sometimes with Pat Nevin. Pat Nevin lived in Chester and my sister used to babysit for his little lad at the time.

To spend their time helping the club in this way is brilliant and any criticism is way off the mark.

agree, how can anybody be critical of someone who is putting in a lot of effort to help the club, uncalled for

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Feb 13 2018, 02:27 PM
Post #12

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

Just thought I would have a look on the old board to see if any new ideas for Thursday had developed.

Im so glad I can pop over from time to time, It is great to see people are now posting over here again, perhaps one day the mods could get there heads together and create one great site again, Im glad I woke up in a positive mood this morning

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
citizen blue
post Feb 13 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #13

1st team regular

Member No.: 2343

Sir Colin Murray on radio Merseyside 18:40 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05vpqp8 guiness.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif

--------------------
Come the glorious day Cestrian

“We’re not little old Chester in the Evo-Stik Division One North anymore". (Neil Young 6/6/13)

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Feb 14 2018, 10:50 AM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

From twitter -

Banksy‏ @banks247

A huge congratulations to @ChesterFC fans Ian Pemberton and his son Sam Pemberton who are the winners of the fans auction and will play for @ChesterFC Select & @ColinMurray All stars teams having bid £2000 combined to appear in the game! Unbelievable! Thank you so much!!!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 14 2018, 02:55 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Feb 14 2018, 10:50 AM) *
From twitter -

Banksy‏ @banks247

A huge congratulations to @ChesterFC fans Ian Pemberton and his son Sam Pemberton who are the winners of the fans auction and will play for @ChesterFC Select & @ColinMurray All stars teams having bid £2000 combined to appear in the game! Unbelievable! Thank you so much!!!

regular sponsors, think his son sponsored the game for his Birthday recently

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Feb 15 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #16

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Feb 13 2018, 02:27 PM) *
Just thought I would have a look on the old board to see if any new ideas for Thursday had developed.

Im so glad I can pop over from time to time, It is great to see people are now posting over here again, perhaps one day the mods could get there heads together and create one great site again, Im glad I woke up in a positive mood this morning

Mods if you are going to edit my post, then please do it with something that actually makes sense.
Thanks

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Feb 15 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #17

Squad player

back to the game . brother and family over from Ireland all going tonight COYB cityscarf.gif guiness.gif

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Feb 15 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

From twitter -
Dave Powell‏ @_DavePowell

£25,000 raised from tonight's match. Hats off all! Fund now stands at £75,000!!!

+Quote Post
BlueArmy1972
post Feb 15 2018, 11:09 PM
Post #19

Debut

Member No.: 12858

Great evening thanks to Colin Jeff and Michael for organising it in a short space of time

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Feb 16 2018, 02:31 AM
Post #20

1st team regular

What a brilliant night that was. It was certainly better than most Saturday’s this season for entertainment. Personally, it was an absolute privilege to walk out with the likes of Michael Owen and Ian Rush, and that will be a moment which I will never forget. The match itself was one of the best I’ve seen at the Deva for a while, and that’s saying something. It was full of entertainment such as crunching tackles, shocking penalties, good finishes and a fair few sitters. Also, the at atmosphere was better too and felt like the good old days. I really enjoyed listening to Cleggy’s playlist as well. Traditional songs like ‘Story Of The Blues’ should be played at most home matches, as they may even improve the matchday experience a little. His playlist was good though, and it would be nice to have it on Saturday. I don’t know whether MB went or not, but I think that he should sign Sam Pemberton up. I know that it may sound tongue in cheek (Sam may even read DC) but he did look decent on a pitch full of ex-professionals. He would certainly be no worse than our current lot but like I said, it’s a bit of tongue in cheek. I must give my full appreciation to Sam and his father though, as they donated £2,000 between them just to play in a football match. That sum is amazing.
A huge well done must go to Colin, Jeff, Michael and everyone else who has played a role in organising the event. It was a massive success in such a short space of time and has helped us out loads. The attendance was very healthy as was the overall atmosphere. Adding onto that, to raise £25,000 on one night is incredible as we have now smashed our £50,000 target. It may be great news, but we must not forget that figure will only last us until the end of the month, so we must keep on helping this club. I’m sure we will keep fighting because we will get through this eventually.
Overall, it was awesome to meet the likes of Ian Rush, Michael Owen and Ryan Lowe and will be a night that I won’t forget.
Sadly we turn our heads back to reality tomorrow for an important league game against Eastleigh. Let’s just see what comes out of it. COYB!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kishonadish
post Feb 16 2018, 09:48 AM
Post #21

Squirrels!!!
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1032

Sorry, but what planet are you on? Will no one rid me of this meddlesome person (block him, not euthanasia)? Nothing but a WUM

--------------------
Chester FC Fan......and CHUFFING PROUD OF IT!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 16 2018, 09:51 AM
Post #22

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Fantastic night, what a great effort by us Chester fans 75k raised so far and still going, great night Thanks goes to Colin and Micheal for their efforts and all the players who put the effort in for our Club, Thank You Thank You Thank You

Our City, Our Community, Our Club,

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Feb 16 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #23

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

It was indeed a great night. Best part for me was seeing so many of the players from our recent climb through the leagues. A slim Matty McGinn and Iain Howard patrolling the left side and Carl Ruffer majestic as ever in the middle of defence; and Powell reminding us of how he always played ( biggrin.gif ). An entertaining game, with the scoreline close until the last couple of minutes.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 06:57 AM