Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hednesford Tonight
MPW
post Jul 21 2015, 07:36 PM
Post #1

1st team captain

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1056

Hednesford 1-1 Chester at half-time. Hobson headed Blues ahead but Hednesford equalised 2 minutes later.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mel
post Jul 21 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #2

melvyn tansley

Member No.: 5215

Cmon u blues. Lets look lively

+Quote Post
chester till i d...
post Jul 21 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #3

1st team regular

Member No.: 11800

1-2 peers

+Quote Post
MPW
post Jul 21 2015, 08:38 PM
Post #4

1st team captain

FT: Hednesford 1-2 Chester

sounds like Mahon went off with a knock, so hope it's not serious.

+Quote Post
CCFC89
post Jul 21 2015, 09:18 PM
Post #5

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3575

QUOTE (MPW @ Jul 21 2015, 08:38 PM) *

Broken collar bone anyone?

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Jul 21 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #6

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

I thought tonight followed a similar pattern to Trafford. We were clearly the better side and produced some very attractive football throughout the 90. Hednesford's chances were relatively sparse but their No. 10 was a real handful, particularly in the first half.

As with the Trafford game though, we still arent quite sharp enough in front of goal. Some decent chances were squandered tonight including a miss from Richards when the keeper was nowhere and the defender was on the ground in front of goal! Again, I'd be more worried if we weren't creating anything.

Hobbo's goal was a header from a cross that came from the by-line after a decent move looked to have run out of steam. Hannah provided the assist I think. Peers' goal a cracking strike from just inside the box, it flew past the keeper right in to the corner. All in all, another useful run out against competitive opposition.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Jul 21 2015, 11:09 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

QUOTE (CCFC89 @ Jul 21 2015, 10:18 PM) *

Do you know this or is it just idle speculation?

+Quote Post
MPW
post Jul 21 2015, 11:20 PM
Post #8

1st team captain

QUOTE (1midfield general @ Jul 22 2015, 12:09 AM) *

referring to Ashley Williams and Levi Mackin injuring collar bones against Hednesford in EvoStik season.

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Jul 22 2015, 07:35 AM
Post #9

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (chester till i die 2014 34 @ Jul 21 2015, 08:57 PM) *
1-2 peers

Well done tom . Coyb cityscarf.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jul 22 2015, 09:28 AM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

Stupid thing to say, unless it has been diagnosed/confirmed.

+Quote Post
NewBlue
post Jul 22 2015, 09:51 AM
Post #11

Squad player
Group Icon

Member No.: 7381

QUOTE (MPW @ Jul 21 2015, 09:38 PM) *

Isn't that the first time we've beaten Hednesford, after three previous defeats.

+Quote Post
MPW
post Jul 22 2015, 10:43 AM
Post #12

1st team captain

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Jul 22 2015, 10:28 AM) *

Stupid thing to say, unless it has been diagnosed/confirmed.

Mahon tweeted to say that is was a precaution and expects to be back training as normal.

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Jul 22 2015, 10:50 AM
Post #13

1st team regular

Member No.: 11812

QUOTE (NewBlue @ Jul 22 2015, 10:51 AM) *

Isn't that the first time we've beaten Hednesford, after three previous defeats.

Nearly correct. We played them 4 times in 2000/01 season and winning only once in the Nationwide Variety Club Trophy at Keys Park in a replay after a draw at home, when we went on to win the cup of course. Whatever happened to that competition as I don't recall us playing in it the following season. Mind you my mind was a breeze that year as I gave up on the club under Smith and Hill. For the record we did not score against Hednesford in the league both home and away that said season and they got relegated and we got ripped off at the game at Hednesford with their over pricing and over zealous policing.

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jul 22 2015, 11:06 AM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Correct. They charged Chester fans £11 instead of the normal price of £7 (57% increase). I wrote the the then chairman, Price complaining about the increase and surprise, surprise I never got an answer. I doubt they could up the prices now like that. I've never liked Hednesford since.

+Quote Post
Viewfromthewest
post Jul 22 2015, 12:15 PM
Post #15

Squad player

Member No.: 4754

Pre Season Friendly
Hednesford Town 1 Chester FC 2
Admission: £5 concession
Programme: no
Teamsheet: plentiful copies being handed out in the bar and around the ground
Refreshments: 60p crisps from the bar, £2.50 beefburger from the kiosk. I baulked at paying £1.50 for a cuppa; for that price, I'd expect Royal Doulton bone china, not a polystyrene beaker …
Attendance: my rough headcount just before the start was 261. Overall, around the 300 mark?

Nothing changed at Keys Park except for a 2m height barrier at the entrance to the carpark driveway, presumably to deter a repeat of last summer's traveller invasion. Sly

I can’t recall seeing a team play without shirt numbers before. Well, Chester did tonight, their only identification being small numbers on the shorts.

This was an entertaining match, and at times quite skilful. Hednesford played well in the first half with Obeng always looking dangerous up front, while Chester in turn used their wings to great effect and the home defence was constantly under pressure from crosses into the box. Two goals in two minutes before the interval, Hannah getting up above the defence to head home from close range for Chester (38m) before Obeng attacked and wrong-footed a defender before sweeping home the equaliser.

Chester took a 1-2 lead on 52m when Peers executed a magnificent volley from around 12 yards out, giving Hednesford’s keeper Parton no chance to save.

The usual raft of second half substitutions served to demonstrate that Chester’s squad has strength in depth, and they looked favourites to increase their lead as Hednesford struggled to keep up, but no further scoring resulted, despite a number of good chances and excellent saves at both ends.

An absorbing game to the end. Based on tonight’s display, Chester could possibly be dark horses in the National League this year; it’ll be interesting to see how they fare.

--------------------
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jul 22 2015, 12:47 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Viewfromthewest @ Jul 22 2015, 01:15 PM) *
Pre Season Friendly
Refreshments: 60p crisps from the bar, £2.50 beefburger from the kiosk. I baulked at paying £1.50 for a cuppa; for that price, I'd expect Royal Doulton bone china, not a polystyrene beaker …
Attendance: my rough headcount just before the start was 261. Overall, around the 300 mark?

Nothing changed at Keys Park except for a 2m height barrier at the entrance to the carpark driveway, presumably to deter a repeat of last summer's traveller invasion. Sly

I can’t recall seeing a team play without shirt numbers before. Well, Chester did tonight, their only identification being small numbers on the shorts.

This was an entertaining match, and at times quite skilful. Hednesford played well in the first half with Obeng always looking dangerous up front, while Chester in turn used their wings to great effect and the home defence was constantly under pressure from crosses into the box. Two goals in two minutes before the interval, Hannah getting up above the defence to head home from close range for Chester (38m) before Obeng attacked and wrong-footed a defender before sweeping home the equaliser.

Chester took a 1-2 lead on 52m when Peers executed a magnificent volley from around 12 yards out, giving Hednesford’s keeper Parton no chance to save.

The usual raft of second half substitutions served to demonstrate that Chester’s squad has strength in depth, and they looked favourites to increase their lead as Hednesford struggled to keep up, but no further scoring resulted, despite a number of good chances and excellent saves at both ends.

An absorbing game to the end. Based on tonight’s display, Chester could possibly be dark horses in the National League this year; it’ll be interesting to see how they fare.

I think we lack strength in depth. We have 17 first team squad players. A good portion of the team are trialists .
Who is Thomas?

+Quote Post
NewBlue
post Jul 22 2015, 01:10 PM
Post #17

Squad player
Group Icon

Member No.: 7381

QUOTE (njd1959 @ Jul 22 2015, 11:50 AM) *
QUOTE (NewBlue @ Jul 22 2015, 10:51 AM) *

Nearly correct. We played them 4 times in 2000/01 season and winning only once in the Nationwide Variety Club Trophy at Keys Park in a replay after a draw at home, when we went on to win the cup of course. Whatever happened to that competition as I don't recall us playing in it the following season. Mind you my mind was a breeze that year as I gave up on the club under Smith and Hill. For the record we did not score against Hednesford in the league both home and away that said season and they got relegated and we got ripped off at the game at Hednesford with their over pricing and over zealous policing.

I was of course referring to Chester FC (2010). But it seems that we haven't had much success against them
in any guise.

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Jul 22 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #18

1st team regular

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Jul 22 2015, 12:06 PM) *
Correct. They charged Chester fans £11 instead of the normal price of £7 (57% increase). I wrote the the then chairman, Price complaining about the increase and surprise, surprise I never got an answer. I doubt they could up the prices now like that. I've never liked Hednesford since.

That guy Price is still there as Chairman or whatever title he wishes to bestow himself. Know someone who dislikes him even more than Chester fans who worked for the club for nearly twenty years. As for the pricing they charged £11 all across the board Adult/OAP/Child for that game and some Chester fans who brought kids to the game didn't know in advance of this and didn't have enough cash to get in. The galling thing is the home fans got in for their normal admission prices and they even had Police horses/SWAT vans for a crowd of less than two thousand. His excuse was because of the additional police costs involved we as the away club should foot the bill. Biggest over reaction ever in all my years of watching the club.

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Jul 22 2015, 02:30 PM
Post #19

1st team regular

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Jul 22 2015, 01:47 PM) *
Pre Season Friendly

I think we lack strength in depth. We have 17 first team squad players. A good portion of the team are trialists .
Who is Thomas?

Agreed. The numbers need to be bulked up by the first fixture. We must have a bigger squad as injuries/suspensions early doors will leave us threadbare. Cannot see loans coming in until other clubs have had a look at their options themselves. Did someone say the loan system has changed from previous seasons? Again it will all come down to cash, but with the number of players released at an all time high there must be players out there we can attract even on lesser wages? It just finding the right ones.

+Quote Post
voice of reason
post Jul 22 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #20

Squad player

Member No.: 9846

QUOTE (voice of reason @ Jul 22 2015, 03:09 PM) *
QUOTE (shunter blue @ Jul 22 2015, 12:47 PM) *
Pre Season Friendly

midfielder who joined stoke from Everton at same time as Ben H. had spell on loan at Macc last season

Who is Thomas?

he is a midfielder who joined Stoke from Everton at same time as Ben H. had spell on loan at Macc last season

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Jul 22 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #21

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (voice of reason @ Jul 22 2015, 04:12 PM) *
Pre Season Friendly

midfielder who joined stoke from Everton at same time as Ben H. had spell on loan at Macc last season

Who is Thomas?

he is a midfielder who joined Stoke from Everton at same time as Ben H. had spell on loan at Macc last season

My first signing would almost certainly be Ben Hughes, on a season long contact.

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jul 22 2015, 06:59 PM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (1midfield general @ Jul 22 2015, 06:51 PM) *
QUOTE (voice of reason @ Jul 22 2015, 04:12 PM) *
Pre Season Friendly

Who is Thomas?

My first signing would almost certainly be Ben Hughes, on a season long contact.

Ben Hughes? Not Sam?

+Quote Post
MPW
post Jul 22 2015, 09:28 PM
Post #23

1st team captain

Jon McCarthy said that we cannot afford to dish out contracts to 4 or 5 youth players, but if we can't even afford to sign our own youth players, then what is the point in having a youth setup?

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Jul 22 2015, 09:37 PM
Post #24

1st team stalwart

Going senile, I meant Sam Hughes. Really impressed with the lad.

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Jul 23 2015, 06:32 AM
Post #25

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (MPW @ Jul 22 2015, 10:28 PM) *
Jon McCarthy said that we cannot afford to dish out contracts to 4 or 5 youth players, but if we can't even afford to sign our own youth players, then what is the point in having a youth setup?

Good point.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 06:06 AM