post Apr 4 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #1

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 159

On the basis that our Moderators are meant to apply conditions of use
and the fact that our Club management,staff and players read Deva Chat
can I ask how a post entitled " F**k off Burr" is permissable by all of the Moderator team ?

--------------------
Dancers are definitely not drinkers !!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Apr 4 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 11919

QUOTE (Always a Supporter @ Apr 4 2016, 07:39 PM) *
can I ask how a post entitled " F**k off Burr" is permissable by all of the Moderator team ?

What he said +1

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Apr 4 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 42

Not my choice!!

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>COME ON YOU BLUES! </span>

+Quote Post
Richard
post Apr 4 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #4

1st team regular

Member No.: 3477

QUOTE (Burrfect @ Apr 4 2016, 08:55 PM) *
QUOTE (Always a Supporter @ Apr 4 2016, 07:39 PM) *

What he said +1

Yes, I find the title offensive too

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Apr 4 2016, 08:23 PM
Post #5

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

You seem to find anything anyone says that questions the club offensive 'Richard'.

The title of the thread reflects the feelings of the vast majority of supporters towards our manager. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Apr 4 2016, 08:39 PM
Post #6

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Apr 4 2016, 09:12 PM) *
Not my choice!!

No I know full well what your choice is.

Deva Chat is an independent forum for Chester supporters to talk about the club. It's not an official club board. Therefore if I or anyone wants to sound off about the club then it is my right to do so. Freedom of speech old bean.

Now if it was an official forum then fair enough. The thread, I feel, reflects the anger and frustration building against our manager. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

Much love, D.E.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
Buckley is BLUE
post Apr 4 2016, 08:40 PM
Post #7

Youth team

Member No.: 9692

QUOTE (Always a Supporter @ Apr 4 2016, 08:39 PM) *

+2

+Quote Post
Buckley Blue
post Apr 4 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #8

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7121

It amazes me how some of you manage to get through the day all being so terribly twee

+Quote Post
ai guy
post Apr 4 2016, 08:45 PM
Post #9

Youth team

Member No.: 1477

Agreed, why do people use asterisks? It beats me

+Quote Post
Richard
post Apr 4 2016, 08:51 PM
Post #10

1st team regular

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Apr 4 2016, 09:23 PM) *
You seem to find anything anyone says that questions the club offensive 'Richard'.

The title of the thread reflects the feelings of the vast majority of supporters towards our manager. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

You are entitled to your view, if you don't want to hear mine, you also have the right to choose not to read it.."Derry"
Foul and abusive language isn't necessary and it offends some people, including me.

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Apr 4 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Apr 4 2016, 09:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Apr 4 2016, 09:12 PM) *
Not my choice!!

No I know full well what your choice is.

Deva Chat is an independent forum for Chester supporters to talk about the club. It's not an official club board. Therefore if I or anyone wants to sound off about the club then it is my right to do so. Freedom of speech old bean.

Now if it was an official forum then fair enough. The thread, I feel, reflects the anger and frustration building against our manager. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

Much love, D.E.

I think you are being deliberately obtuse or, argumentative for the sake of it. Of course DC is an independent forum, as you so eloquently put it in your second paragraph.
If you step back from your provocative role for a while, you will see that I was agreeing with the poster who said that he wasn't so keen on swear words being used in these posts, especially as the title of a thread. Neither he, nor I said that posters should not be able to sound off about the club and the obvious problems that pervade all sections of the club at the moment.
Perhaps now you will stop attacking all and sundry and start posting sensible posts about these problems and stop posting personal attacks - especially when, as in this case, they are agreeing with you!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Midnight Rider
post Apr 4 2016, 09:23 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4093

Nothing should be posted on here which could make parents think "I don't wish my kids to read devachat."
This forum is read by people of all ages and I too think that it crosses the line. We're a family friendly club with a family friendly fans forum.

--------------------
β€œIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Teddy Roosevelt.

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Apr 4 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Midnight Rider @ Apr 4 2016, 10:23 PM) *
Nothing should be posted on here which could make parents think "I don't wish my kids to read devachat."
This forum is read by people of all ages and I too think that it crosses the line. We're a family friendly club with a family friendly fans forum.

My sentiments exactly, but it looks as though we are in the minority. If the words had been in full I would have deleted them, but because the asterisks intervened it is deemed inoffensive, sadly! I will delete all such offensive and/or threatening posts that I see, as well as any that are potentially libellous, and if that upsets those who post them, so be it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chester fan 2015...
post Apr 4 2016, 11:31 PM
Post #14

deva chatter

Member No.: 12120

so it's ok when the op who wrote this when he's had a few down him to be foul and abusive ???

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Apr 4 2016, 11:42 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (chester fan 2015/16 @ Apr 5 2016, 12:31 AM) *
so it's ok when the op who wrote this when he's had a few down him to be foul and abusive ???

No, not at all. As I said, if I see any like that, I'll moderate them. I would point out that I'm frequently in hospital so sometimes don't see them before other mods do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Apr 5 2016, 08:14 AM
Post #16

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

I wonder if we might, for just a little while, stop sniping at each other and focus on the real enemy - Burr. He's the one moving us slowly but surely to relegation.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Apr 5 2016, 08:15 AM
Post #17

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

Hmmm, I'm kind of on the fence with this. I do think this is primarily a site for adults, and we don't need to be too 'Mary Whitehouse' about what appears on it. There is a swear filter in place, and if you're that bothered about your kids hearing swearing you probably shouldn't take them to games either.

Saying that, I don't really think you can complain if you use a swear word and it gets removed or edited. I think swearing AT people ('you're an effing this' and for that matter 'f**k off Burr') is disrespectful and should be avoided, but there's a difference between that and someone just coming back from the game and saying "god we were s**t today!"

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Apr 5 2016, 08:41 AM
Post #18

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

On what facts can you base the opinion that the "majority" of Chester fans want Steve Burr sacked?
Secondly I'm also of the opinion that the post heading WAS offensive, and I'm surprised it wasn't changed before now.
IF the posters on here want the club to take Deva Chat seriously, that kind of post does not do DC any favours at all, and only alienates the club even more from this site.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Apr 5 2016, 09:12 AM
Post #19

1st team regular

Member No.: 11812

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Apr 5 2016, 09:41 AM) *

On what facts can you base the opinion that the "majority" of Chester fans want Steve Burr sacked?
Secondly I'm also of the opinion that the post heading WAS offensive, and I'm surprised it wasn't changed before now.
IF the posters on here want the club to take Deva Chat seriously, that kind of post does not do DC any favours at all, and only alienates the club even more from this site.

As someone said earlier. If you get offended don't bother reading or replying to any said post. Swearing and the like is part of life whether you like it or not. The days of Sunday school preaching are long gone.

+Quote Post
Richard
post Apr 5 2016, 09:47 AM
Post #20

1st team regular

QUOTE (njd1959 @ Apr 5 2016, 10:12 AM) *

As someone said earlier. If you get offended don't bother reading or replying to any said post. Swearing and the like is part of life whether you like it or not. The days of Sunday school preaching are long gone.

You live by your standards fella, I will live by mine

+Quote Post
Always a Support...
post Apr 5 2016, 11:08 AM
Post #21

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 159

Thanks Mods ! cityscarf.gif

--------------------
Dancers are definitely not drinkers !!!

+Quote Post
jack
post Apr 5 2016, 11:13 AM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

Have you been at the ground for the last 2 home games? I'd say it's quite clear.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Apr 5 2016, 12:20 PM
Post #23

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (jack @ Apr 5 2016, 12:13 PM) *

Have you been at the ground for the last 2 home games? I'd say it's quite clear.

I think it's easy to get that impression, because nobody is going to go to games and shout "Burr's doing OK", or "give him another season". A vociferous minority can seem like a majority. If you did an anonymous poll of Blues fans, you'd probably find the results were about 50/50. Personally, I'm edging towards 'Burr Out', although I think it's a bit of a shame.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Apr 5 2016, 01:18 PM
Post #24

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Always a Supporter @ Apr 5 2016, 12:08 PM) *

I see Canadian Exile has changed the thread title to something more generally acceptable!

Personally, I don't think anyone should need to swear to express their opinion. I would much prefer Devachat to be like the BBC forums where there is virtually no bad language at all. In the time I've been a mod, it's something I've raised behind the scenes but have always been told it's primarily intended for adult viewing, and with regards to children, the onus is on parents to exercise parental control on what they are allowed to see.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
mused
post Apr 5 2016, 01:44 PM
Post #25

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

QUOTE (3mm @ Apr 5 2016, 02:18 PM) *
QUOTE (Always a Supporter @ Apr 5 2016, 12:08 PM) *

I see Canadian Exile has changed the thread title to something more generally acceptable!

Personally, I don't think anyone should need to swear to express their opinion. I would much prefer Devachat to be like the BBC forums where there is virtually no bad language at all. In the time I've been a mod, it's something I've raised behind the scenes but have always been told it's primarily intended for adult viewing, and with regards to children, the onus is on parents to exercise parental control on what they are allowed to see.

I wouldn't be able to string a sentence together with out swearing. I've got Internet forum tourrettes! The filter does its job though and for the best part the forum is fine and most of the time we all get Along!

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2020 - 03:13 AM