Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Peter Kay, greedy bastard?
Hugh Jass
post Nov 22 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2181

He has brought out another christmas DVD of stuff he has released twice before and his tickets for his tour are £40 quid each this guy must be the greediest comic around. I bought tickets for Frankie Boyle and Lee Mack that cost less for the two and as far as i am concerned they are both funnier than Kay. haws anyone on here bought tickets for Peter Kay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Nov 22 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #2

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

An very funny guy at the time, but as you say recycled his first act so many time its becoming a joke in itself.

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
angel of the nor...
post Nov 22 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #3

DCs most adored poster :)

Member No.: 800

watch it it wseems we are not allowed any opinion of celebs on here my 2 views on the pathetic MR Wogan got wiped out after some
faceless hill billy complained.

--------------------
CFC ,,, BEST IN THE BUSINESS

"So you fancy a trip to Europe do you Dominic?

I heard u got a bit of money 4 me nev?
Come on hand it over to your Uncle Chop Chop, I'm just a bloody normal bloke. A normal bloke who likes a bit of torture

This is what its like to be wxm , this is what its like to be small , this is what its like when your team wins nothing at all . . . nothing at all . . . . . . . . . . . .

don't look at me, don't you f**king look at me

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Nov 22 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #4

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 11

Enough sheep out there to get tickets at £40 each. He is a greedy bloke.

£15 for John Bishop and £18 for Lee Mack looks like the future for me. Will keep an eye out for Jason Manford too.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Nov 22 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #5

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

QUOTE (NWAS @ Nov 22 2009, 03:40 PM) *

£15 for John Bishop and £18 for Lee Mack looks like the future for me. Will keep an eye out for Jason Manford too.

Isn't Jason Manford just a poor man's Peter Kay?

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Nov 22 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #6

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Maybe, only poor men can't afford to see Peter Kay so we have to go see Manford instead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
HORSE
post Nov 22 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #7

Squad player

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4753

QUOTE (Hugh Jass @ Nov 22 2009, 10:09 AM) *
He has brought out another christmas DVD of stuff he has released twice before and his tickets for his tour are £40 quid each this guy must be the greediest comic around. I bought tickets for Frankie Boyle and Lee Mack that cost less for the two and as far as i am concerned they are both funnier than Kay. haws anyone on here bought tickets for Peter Kay

Frankie Boyle is utter SH*TE. Lee Mac is funny, nowhere near as good as this bloke..

CK

--------------------

The Harry Macs finest inhabitant

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Nov 22 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #8

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

QUOTE (NWAS @ Nov 22 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Maybe, only poor men can't afford to see Peter Kay so we have to go see Manford instead.

Heh, fair enough smile.gif I've only ever seen him on that 8 out of 10 cats, and he just seems to be trying to be just like Kay, but less funny.

+Quote Post
SueC
post Nov 22 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #9

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Member No.: 110

QUOTE (NWAS @ Nov 22 2009, 03:40 PM) *

JB is only £12 down our way - in Epsom. You going to see him in Livepool or Warrington? If so, let me know what he's like and I just may book for Epsom, which is much later in his tour.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Nov 22 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #10

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Runcorn in March, will let you know. £12 isn't a gamble by the way. He is very funny indeed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SueC
post Nov 22 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #11

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Member No.: 110

QUOTE (NWAS @ Nov 22 2009, 04:52 PM) *
Runcorn in March, will let you know. £12 isn't a gamble by the way. He is very funny indeed.

Cheers. Well Epsom is in January (Liverpool and Warrington are in Nov/Dec), so it could be me reporting to you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Nov 22 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (HORSE @ Nov 22 2009, 04:22 PM) *

Frankie Boyle is utter SH*TE. Lee Mac is funny, nowhere near as good as this bloke..

CK

frankie Boyle is one of the best comics around today

+Quote Post
cc ccfc
post Nov 22 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #13

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 3584

Went to see Jason Manford last weekend at Liverpool.

Really enjoyed it, thought he was very funny. Also he stopped in the bar for ages after and had time to have a chat with anyone!

+Quote Post
Langley Mill Blu...
post Nov 22 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Hugh Jass @ Nov 22 2009, 05:57 PM) *

Agreed. I have tickets to go and see him next year. I went to see Jimmy Carr on Friday night, not as good as previous years but still enjoyed it.

Cheers for the heads up about John Bishop, I'll try to get to see him in Derby.

--------------------
You've got nothing to say and your saying it TOO LOUD!

+Quote Post
Posh Jon
post Nov 22 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #15

ONLY COOL PEOPLE CAN SEE MY AVATAR

Member No.: 61

CK

Can't remotely agree with that. His style is right for shows like Mock, but his material is all one liners, relying on shock humour rather than anything particularly intelligent.

The best on the circuit at the moment, you're looking at Adam Hills, Russell Kane, Jason Byrne and Mark Watson.

--------------------
Not posh

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Nov 22 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Posh Jon @ Nov 22 2009, 08:06 PM) *

CK

Can't remotely agree with that. His style is right for shows like Mock, but his material is all one liners, relying on shock humour rather than anything particularly intelligent.

The best on the circuit at the moment, you're looking at Adam Hills, Russell Kane, Jason Byrne and Mark Watson.

the same as football comedy is about opinions I like a broad range of comedy from shock comedy like FB or silly one liners like Stewart Francis or Milton Jones. Your opinion is wrong by the way biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Posh Jon
post Nov 22 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Hugh Jass @ Nov 22 2009, 08:10 PM) *
QUOTE (Posh Jon @ Nov 22 2009, 08:06 PM) *

CK

the same as football comedy is about opinions I like a broad range of comedy from shock comedy like FB or silly one liners like Stewart Francis or Milton Jones. Your opinion is wrong by the way biggrin.gif

Haha.

Well your opinion is killing our football club. Or something.

--------------------
Not posh

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post Nov 22 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #18

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

QUOTE (SueC @ Nov 22 2009, 04:54 PM) *
QUOTE (NWAS @ Nov 22 2009, 04:52 PM) *

Cheers. Well Epsom is in January (Liverpool and Warrington are in Nov/Dec), so it could be me reporting to you!

He was destined to be funny wasn't he, being the legendary Eddie's brother biggrin.gif

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
Chester Lion
post Nov 22 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #19

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1498

Saw Jason Manford last year and he was very funny, think I paid £15.

He's just putting his tour dates in for next year so keep an eye out. I subscribe to his twitter and facebook and he's a real genuine bloke.

Can be a bit similar to Peter Kay but I wouldn't pay £40 for Kay.

--------------------
QUOTE (King Monkey @ Mar 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
I love a good internet argument, much more fun than going out of the house and seeing real people.

"I have enough money to keep this club afloat for the rest of my life, should I wish to do it."

Gone but not forgotten, Stephen Vaughan ROT IN HELL!!!

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 22 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #20

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Chester Lion @ Nov 22 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Saw Jason Manford last year and he was very funny, think I paid £15.

He's just putting his tour dates in for next year so keep an eye out. I subscribe to his twitter and facebook and he's a real genuine bloke.

Can be a bit similar to Peter Kay but I wouldn't pay £40 for Kay.

...don't forget this great man!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSY7n3OFVng

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
I O CITY CITY I ...
post Nov 22 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #21

H-Block

Member No.: 2120

QUOTE (angel of the north @ Nov 22 2009, 02:03 PM) *
watch it it wseems we are not allowed any opinion of celebs on here my 2 views on the pathetic MR Wogan got wiped out after some
faceless hill billy complained.

Are you allowed any opinions on here? I'm sure a topic has been wiped from last night as well, pathetic.

Anyway, £40 a ticket is shocking but like someone said, plenty of sheep and it has sold out I believe.

--------------------
"...you must be prepared to die for the cause" - Harry McNally.

Do not use signature that may offend the easily offended.

+Quote Post
King Monkey
post Nov 22 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3274

Peter Kay is an odious t**t. The 'gag-pie' won't be getting any of my money.

If you want to go watch a robotic, mechanical comedy show that literally doesn't deviate one word off script then go ahead. I prefer to watch clever comedians that have the ability to evolve their comedy show to show.

To call Mountford a 'poor-mans' Peter kay isn't fair, what exactly are you basing that on? Let me guess, the fact he's slightly over-weight and from a similar area?

+Quote Post
Chris
post Nov 22 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #23

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

Twenty dates at the MEN Arena? Mental, though not surprising. There'll be a lot of people there that have never seen live comedy before, I don't doubt. Been a few years since I watched the routines that he's released on DVD every Christmas for the past half-decade but, fair play, he had some very funny material in there, or at least I recall it as such. Phoenix Nights was genuinely excellent too, That Peter Kay Thing showed flashes of genius, and Max & Paddy was throwaway but fun. Since then, though, he seems to have disappeared up his own backside and that Britain's Got The Pop Factor thing last year and the subsequent flogging of his Geraldine character were just poor.

Wouldn't mind seeing what his new show is like, but £35-odd plus fees a pop is just too much for live comedy really; you'll get just as many laughs with a decent comedian for a £12 ticket, and in a more personable setting too. From the press release that preceded these tickets going on sale, I don't hold out too much hope for it being anything special and for the money, I'd rather just rent out the inevitable DVD that hits the shelves in the Autumn.

Saw Jason Manford last year in St Helens and he was alright. Had probably seen his funniest moments already on various TV appearances but there was some good audience banter, and the Peter Kay comparisons are a bit lazy for the most part although they're both ploughing a similar seam of observational comedy. Adam Hills is the best I've seen this year, Mark Watson was good too though his set was a little brief, Rhod Gilbert's "Mince Pie" show which has just come out on DVD was epic and good, ranty fun. Will be seeing Frankie Boyle next year, but funny as he is on Mock The Week, I'm not sure how good he'll be stretched out over 90mins or so. A lot of his TV-based material is based around so-and-so looking like such-and-such crossed with such-and-such-else. Can't argue with the name of the show as being the best I've seen for a while though.

+Quote Post
Posh Jon
post Nov 22 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #24

I found Peter Kay's DVDs hilarious at 16, and I think that's about a fair review of Peter Kay.

No question that he's undeservedly full of himself now though. He's not very popular amongst comedians and I think that says a lot, as they largely stick together. I fear Michael McIntyre, who was an excellent comic a few years ago, may be heading in a similar sell-out direction, but not in quite the same regard.

Peter Kay has resorted to dressing as a woman and making observations that we all make about the X Factor. He's now lowest common denominator humour, and he was never much above that. Funny enough when you're young and not really into comedy, but pretty weak in comparison to scores of other comedians who'll only charge you a tenner or so.

--------------------
Not posh

+Quote Post
Phil Babb
post Nov 23 2009, 02:46 AM
Post #25

I dislike goalposts.

Member No.: 2986

John Bishop is where its at.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2020 - 07:18 PM