Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Class of "92 (and the Gaz Seddon show)
Bandit12
post Nov 5 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 6521

Remember the buzz !!! ???? Remember all those feelings we had ?? How fantastic it was to see Chester FC on the up ??

WELL WE ARE STILL IN ASCENDANCY !!! THE 'BALL' IS STILL ROLLING TOWARDS THE GOAL !!! NO MOSS GATHERED !!!

WE, AS SUPPORTERS 'AND' OWNERS ARE MASTERS OF OUR OWN DESTINY !!! GET INVOLVED, TURN UP, AND SUPPORT

(Y)OUR CITY, (Y)OUR COMMUNITY, (Y)OUR CLUB !!!! CTID !!

--------------------
PROUD TO BE PART OF C.F.C...... "The cultural backbone of this City".......PRIDE, PASSION,WE ARE CHESTER

STILL SMILING + 31 : 08 : 2013 + YOU HAD TO BE THERE !!

(copyright JJRA)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Nov 6 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #2

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

Gareth Seddon a model? Still makes me laugh.

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
Mr. Blonde
post Nov 6 2015, 02:52 PM
Post #3

1st team regular

Member No.: 11510

Any idea what he actually modelled? He must be a better model than footballer.

--------------------

Canadian Exile-c**t.

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Nov 6 2015, 03:25 PM
Post #4

1st team regular

Member No.: 11812

QUOTE (Mr. Blonde @ Nov 6 2015, 02:52 PM) *
Any idea what he actually modelled? He must be a better model than footballer.

Tattoos?

+Quote Post
Bub
post Nov 6 2015, 05:11 PM
Post #5

Squad player

Member No.: 5663

Enjoyed watching.

Last minute winner at Prescot Cables brought back memories of a gloomy New Years day there when Stuie Jones scored a last minute winner for us.

Seddon certainly knows where the net his.

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post Nov 6 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #6

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

Been plenty worse than him playing for us . . . even in more recent times. I like the lad . . . the star of the show for me. Shame he's out injured at the moment and will miss their BBC live game tonight.

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Nov 6 2015, 06:14 PM
Post #7

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (Almost Blue @ Nov 6 2015, 05:58 PM) *
Been plenty worse than him playing for us . . . even in more recent times. I like the lad . . . the star of the show for me. Shame he's out injured at the moment and will miss their BBC live game tonight.

Agreed

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Nov 6 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #8

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

I didn't mind Seddon really, you could see he had a bit about him but got caught in a poor side. He also comes across to me as a decent lad, maybe a bit of a handful at times, but innocently, not like a trouble maker.

This post has been edited by ANDERS: Nov 6 2015, 06:28 PM

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Nov 6 2015, 09:55 PM
Post #9

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

Salford win 2-0

This post has been edited by Canadian Exile: Nov 6 2015, 09:55 PM

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
CO2
post Nov 6 2015, 09:56 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 6428

And in a smaller scale what makes Salford fc a play thing of a few has been ex United players any different from the likes of Chelsea man city et al???

SH*TE small time team pushed into the tv limelight for a few minutes of fame before they lose interest by some egotistical seeking pricks...

AMF for sure

This post has been edited by CO2: Nov 6 2015, 09:58 PM

--------------------
Mark Cavendish - SPOTY 2011
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
CO2
post Nov 6 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

Anyone who thinks they are in anyway a football team to be proud of needs to have a long hard think

AMF

--------------------
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
AGL
post Nov 6 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #12

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

QUOTE (CO2 @ Nov 6 2015, 09:56 PM) *
And in a smaller scale what makes Salford fc a play thing of a few has been ex United players any different from the likes of Chelsea man city et al???

SH*TE small time team pushed into the tv limelight for a few minutes of fame before they lose interest by some exotics rival seeking pricks...

AMF for sure

Possibly a little harsh but interesting to know what wages they are paying. On that showing 4 or 5 of the Salford players would stroll into our team. I'd take the forwards Weber and Allen for a start. I guess they are both on more than Hobbo though. Shows what we are up against. Also have to say how awful Notts County were for a league team.

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Nov 6 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #13

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

Always nice to see County lose, especially on the night when Forest beat Derby!

Confession, born in Nottingham and a lifelong Forest fan.

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
CO2
post Nov 6 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #14

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (AGL @ Nov 6 2015, 10:00 PM) *

SH*TE small time team pushed into the tv limelight for a few minutes of fame before they lose interest by some exotics rival seeking pricks...

AMF for sure

Possibly a little harsh but interesting to know what wages they are paying. On that showing 4 or 5 of the Salford players would stroll into our team. I'd take the forwards Weber and Allen for a start. I guess they are both on more than Hobbo though. Shows what we are up against. Also have to say how awful Notts County were for a league team.

And who had heard of or gave a s**t about Salford fc until the class of 92 got involved...
As bad an advert for non league football as fc man united or whatever they are called are...

I'd rather see the goats doing well than these plastic money back manc teams....

Truly AMF

--------------------
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
AGL
post Nov 6 2015, 10:08 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

QUOTE (CO2 @ Nov 6 2015, 10:06 PM) *

AMF for sure

And who had heard of or gave a s**t about Salford fc until the class of 92 got involved...
As bad an advert for non league football as fc man united or whatever they are called are...

I'd rather see the goats doing well than these plastic money back manc teams....

Truly AMF

Do you not like them, then?

+Quote Post
CO2
post Nov 6 2015, 10:10 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (AGL @ Nov 6 2015, 10:08 PM) *
QUOTE (CO2 @ Nov 6 2015, 10:06 PM) *

AMF for sure

Truly AMF

Do you not like them, then?

I'll get back to you on that one

--------------------
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Nov 7 2015, 08:45 AM
Post #17

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

As well as Salford played and they thouroughly deserved their win, County were very ordinary.
Having said that i thought their right back/wing back Aborah looked very good.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 7 2015, 08:56 AM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Nov 7 2015, 08:45 AM) *
As well as Salford played and they thouroughly deserved their win, County were very ordinary.

Can you imagine what deva chat would of been like if it was US instead of Notts County playing and getting beaten like that?

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post Nov 7 2015, 09:20 AM
Post #19

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

Feared a bit for Salford when I saw the likes of Carroll, Smith, Stead and McLeod in the County ranks, but in truth, as a side they were awful and it probably should have been a more comprehensive win.

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
Exhibit A
post Nov 7 2015, 09:37 AM
Post #20

1st team sub

Member No.: 7703

I only watched the first half, but have to agree that Salford were the better team. What really turned me off was the fawning and total bias of the build-up, commentary and punditry from the Biased Broadcasting Corporation - yet again. It would appear that any team that may have a tenuous connection with MU (or its ex players) must be dealt with in a similar 'forelock-tugging' style.

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Nov 7 2015, 09:52 AM
Post #21

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (waggoner @ Nov 7 2015, 08:56 AM) *

Can you imagine what deva chat would of been like if it was US instead of Notts County playing and getting beaten like that?

I'm Still getting over Penrith crying.gif crying.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 7 2015, 10:01 AM
Post #22

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Exhibit A @ Nov 7 2015, 09:37 AM) *
I only watched the first half, but have to agree that Salford were the better team. What really turned me off was the fawning and total bias of the build-up, commentary and punditry from the Biased Broadcasting Corporation - yet again. It would appear that any team that may have a tenuous connection with MU (or its ex players) must be dealt with in a similar 'forelock-tugging' style.

I am finding the BBC's coverage of the FA Cup a bit patronising. When Blyth played Hartlepool last year, they even got Alan Shearer, who was a pundit for them, to go into the Blyth changing room and give a motivational speech, which Jeff Stelling correctly pointed out was unacceptable as they should be impartial in their coverage. Clubs like Hartlepool, Notts and Exeter are small clubs themselves and need a cup run too. They rarely have their games televised, and when they do, they're cast as the fancy dans and the pantomime villains. It's not on.

+Quote Post
West Hampshire B...
post Nov 7 2015, 10:08 AM
Post #23

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 255

Reality check.

Gareth Seddon is their star player. They are playing in the FA cup in front of cameras. FCUM were great in that league last year and now look at them. People get carried away on what they see on telly.

+Quote Post
Juan King
post Nov 7 2015, 10:40 AM
Post #24

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1240

QUOTE (XWWB @ Nov 7 2015, 10:01 AM) *

I am finding the BBC's coverage of the FA Cup a bit patronising. When Blyth played Hartlepool last year, they even got Alan Shearer, who was a pundit for them, to go into the Blyth changing room and give a motivational speech, which Jeff Stelling correctly pointed out was unacceptable as they should be impartial in their coverage. Clubs like Hartlepool, Notts and Exeter are small clubs themselves and need a cup run too. They rarely have their games televised, and when they do, they're cast as the fancy dans and the pantomime villains. It's not on.

Ohhh Yes it is !!!! glare.gif

--------------------
If you see a bloke opening a Car door for a woman,
It's either a new car or a new woman.

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Nov 7 2015, 10:44 AM
Post #25

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (Juan King @ Nov 7 2015, 10:40 AM) *
QUOTE (XWWB @ Nov 7 2015, 10:01 AM) *

Ohhh Yes it is !!!! glare.gif

Its all behind them now.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2022 - 09:39 AM