3mm
post Jun 2 2015, 10:50 AM
Post #26

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Justice
Scrap the Human Rights Act, and introduce a British Bill of Rights.

Looks like this pledge is already going down the pan. From the Telegraph... David Cameron in split with Theresa May and Michael Gove over human rights.

Funny the Telegraph story doesn't mention that Cameron would most likely face a big rebellion of tory MP's if he tried to push this one through, illustrating perfectly the problem of trying to govern with such a small majority. From the Guardian

Strange pledge in any case, because the Human Rights Act looks like a good thing. It was set up in 1950 to prevent the horrors of WW2 ever happening again. What it does exactly is better explained on this website.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 25 2015, 03:33 PM
Post #27

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Here we go again. Positive promises before the election, and cutbacks announced after the election.

Network Rail upgrade delayed by government

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jun 25 2015, 10:38 PM
Post #28

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 25 2015, 04:33 PM) *
Here we go again. Positive promises before the election, and cutbacks announced after the election.

At least two about turns from Labour....against Euro Referendum..now for.
.....against Benefit Cuts.........now for.

Politics ay! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 25 2015, 11:22 PM
Post #29

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jun 25 2015, 11:38 PM) *

Big difference is that the Conservatives are in power, Labour are not.

Against any Labour switch personally, but can see why it's been done. No point in fighting battles you can't win, may as well concentrate on ones you can.

As for the Tories, same old story... lies to get in power, then switch policy as soon as they are. Big, big difference.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jun 26 2015, 09:16 AM
Post #30

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 26 2015, 12:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jun 25 2015, 11:38 PM) *

Big difference is that the Conservatives are in power, Labour are not.

Against any Labour switch personally, but can see why it's been done. No point in fighting battles you can't win, may as well concentrate on ones you can.

As for the Tories, same old story... lies to get in power, then switch policy as soon as they are. Big, big difference.

I'm afraid governments of both persuasions have always done it over the years,going back to Harold Wilson "Your jobs are safe with us" to the TRS2 workers and then promptly cancelling the contract for the plane once in power.Blair promising a referendum on Europe that never happened.
Of course you then have the other side of the coin,after being in power,Ministers admitting that "We got it wrong..." rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sealandkopite
post Jul 2 2015, 10:13 PM
Post #31

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 7864

Ian Duncan Smith, the man responsible for slashing benefits for the needy, overspends on his official credit card by over a thousand pounds.

People relying on foodbanks to survive while this vile creature claims £35 for breakfasts and also money to replace his underpants

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jul 14 2015, 06:04 PM
Post #32

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

So much for the free vote on fox hunting. Another pledge down the drain...

Fox-hunting: SNP forces Cameron to delay planned Commons vote

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jul 14 2015, 06:31 PM
Post #33

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

Can't believe all this carry-on about fox hunting. As if there aren't bigger things for the government to address

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jul 14 2015, 08:07 PM
Post #34

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Jul 14 2015, 07:04 PM) *

I think we should remind ourselves of the facts.
In 1997 an alliance of "Animal Rights" organisations gave the Labour Party over a million pounds to ban fox hunting.
In his biography Tony Blair said that "It was the worst piece of legislation that we ever introduced!"
David Cameron was looking to add an amendment to the law to bring it into line with the hunting bill in.....guess where?
Scotland!
So we had the irony of the SNP voting against legislation for England that would've brought it into line with Scotland!
This party,the SNP,(A far left party) with only one aim,independence from the UK ,but whilst they are at it, to cause as many problems for the democratically elected government of the UK, by doing what they said they wouldn,t do, and that was to vote directly on legislation affecting only the rest of the UK.
Their honeymoon may soon be over as the Scottish population will be soon seeing big tax increases thanks to Nicola Sturgeon.
Let Labour beware aligning themselves with this nasty little party.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jul 14 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #35

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

The facts are much simpler than that.

Fox hunting is barbaric and disgusting and should be confined to history forever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sealandkopite
post Jul 14 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #36

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jul 14 2015, 08:07 PM) *

In 1997 an alliance of "Animal Rights" organisations gave the Labour Party over a million pounds to ban fox hunting.
In his biography Tony Blair said that "It was the worst piece of legislation that we ever introduced!"
David Cameron was looking to add an amendment to the law to bring it into line with the hunting bill in.....guess where?
Scotland!
So we had the irony of the SNP voting against legislation for England that would've brought it into line with Scotland!
This party,the SNP,(A far left party) with only one aim,independence from the UK ,but whilst they are at it, to cause as many problems for the democratically elected government of the UK, by doing what they said they wouldn,t do, and that was to vote directly on legislation affecting only the rest of the UK.
Their honeymoon may soon be over as the Scottish population will be soon seeing big tax increases thanks to Nicola Sturgeon.

I think you just enjoy cruelty to animals

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Jul 15 2015, 08:11 AM
Post #37

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8363

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jul 14 2015, 09:07 PM) *

Scotland!

As a proletarian internationalist I have little time for the bourgeois nationalism of the SNP, but to describe them as a 'nasty little party' just reveals your own prejudices, no doubt developed over many years reading the Torygraph.
As for fox hunting, I'm glad the SNP did intervene as there is no place in the modern age for such barbarity. Cruellty to animals is a strong indicator of a psychopathic personality and their eagerness to bring it back speaks volumes about the nastiness of the Tories.

--------------------
If you can be bothered, follow me on Twitter @Viv_Savage_CFC for more rubbish like this, condensed into 140 characters or less.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jul 15 2015, 08:58 AM
Post #38

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (sealandkopite @ Jul 15 2015, 12:04 AM) *

Scotland!

I wasn't going respond to this post again,but I'm afraid I'm not going to allow an unjustified personal attack on me to go without responding.
Firstly,I have NO opinion one way or another about hunting,I have my own battles to fight without passing an opinion about hunting.
I have stated very clearly the reasons in my last reply what I feel about the WAY the hunting ban was introduced,and the way that the SNP went against their own ideology to use it as a tool to attack the government.
Please read my post again,no where does it say that I support cruelty to animals.
The democratically elected government at the time banned hunting,so be it.
My family and friends,some on here,know that I am an animal lover,and abhor cruelty to any animals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Jul 15 2015, 10:18 AM
Post #39

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jul 15 2015, 09:58 AM) *

Scotland!

I wasn't going respond to this post again,but I'm afraid I'm not going to allow an unjustified personal attack on me to go without responding.
Firstly,I have NO opinion one way or another about hunting,I have my own battles to fight without passing an opinion about hunting.
I have stated very clearly the reasons in my last reply what I feel about the WAY the hunting ban was introduced,and the way that the SNP went against their own ideology to use it as a tool to attack the government.
Please read my post again,no where does it say that I support cruelty to animals.
My family and friends,some on here,know that I am an animal lover,and abhor cruelty to any animals.

Animal lover, yet quite content to see the return of barbaric animal torture to score the cheapest of political points? Strikes me the SNP are the good guys in this episode and the Tories are just bitter that their perverted pleasures have been (briefly) curtailed.

--------------------
If you can be bothered, follow me on Twitter @Viv_Savage_CFC for more rubbish like this, condensed into 140 characters or less.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jul 15 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #40

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Marty Funkhouser @ Jul 15 2015, 11:18 AM) *

Scotland!

Animal lover, yet quite content to see the return of barbaric animal torture to score the cheapest of political points? Strikes me the SNP are the good guys in this episode and the Tories are just bitter that their perverted pleasures have been (briefly) curtailed.

Again I ask you to read my original posts,I have said quite clearly that I have no opinion on hunting one way or another.
I pointed out that the SNP,in Sturgeons words said in February " The SNP have a long standing position of NOT voting on matters such as foxhunting south of the border,for example-and we stand by that!"
Since this was a free vote on the government side and there are an unknown number of Conservative opponents, it was not entirely clear that the "amendment" would have passed. But once the SNP with its 56 MPs (went against what their leader had said in February,and who obviously supported their action,) decided to take part,it was clear the vote would be lost. The amendment was consequently withdrawn-not because of Conservative "cowardice",as the SNP would have it,but to avoid an English-only matter being defeated with votes of Scots MPs.
Sturgeon has now gone back on what she has said in February by saying yesterday "...that the SNP reserves the right to INTERVENE on ANY English only legislation if it thinks there is a "progressive argument for it"
If my critics are happy with that stance by the SNP,and as they are a far left group, I imagine that the Labour supporters on here will be happy with it, then so be it, personally,I think it is bad for democracy and sets a dangerous precedent.
As far as Tony Blair is concerned,my point was to make him out as crashing hypocrite,to take a million pound plus to ban hunting,and then to dismiss it when out of office, by saying " it was the worst piece of legislation we introduced" says more about him than I need to express on here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Jul 15 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #41

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jul 15 2015, 12:53 PM) *
QUOTE (Marty Funkhouser @ Jul 15 2015, 11:18 AM) *

Scotland!

Again I ask you to read my original posts,I have said quite clearly that I have no opinion on hunting one way or another.
I pointed out that the SNP,in Sturgeons words said in February " The SNP have a long standing position of NOT voting on matters such as foxhunting south of the border,for example-and we stand by that!"
Since this was a free vote on the government side and there are an unknown number of Conservative opponents, it was not entirely clear that the "amendment" would have passed. But once the SNP with its 56 MPs (went against what their leader had said in February,and who obviously supported their action,) decided to take part,it was clear the vote would be lost. The amendment was consequently withdrawn-not because of Conservative "cowardice",as the SNP would have it,but to avoid an English-only matter being defeated with votes of Scots MPs.
Sturgeon has now gone back on what she has said in February by saying yesterday "...that the SNP reserves the right to INTERVENE on ANY English only legislation if it thinks there is a "progressive argument for it"
If my critics are happy with that stance by the SNP,and as they are a far left group, I imagine that the Labour supporters on here will be happy with it, then so be it, personally,I think it is bad for democracy and sets a dangerous precedent.
As far as Tony Blair is concerned,my point was to make him out as crashing hypocrite,to take a million pound plus to ban hunting,and then to dismiss it when out of office, by saying " it was the worst piece of legislation we introduced" says more about him than I need to express on here.

Never mind all this faux-hubris about SNP MPs, what I'd like to know is why were we having a vote on fox hunting in the first place? When millions of people (both unemployed and working) need charity handouts to feed themselves, hunting wild animals with dogs is hardly the most pressing of matters. It's also nauseatingly hypocritical to talk what's 'bad for democracy' when denying the democratic process to millions of trades union members in the workplace. Strikes me there is one rule for the bosses and another for the workers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jul 15 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #42

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

Agree with Marty. It does show the government to be frighteningly out of touch when one of the first matters they chose to address after winning the election is this.

+Quote Post
sealandkopite
post Jul 15 2015, 11:56 PM
Post #43

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Marty Funkhouser @ Jul 15 2015, 10:18 AM) *

Scotland!

When he says animal lover it means he likes to make coats from animals for his wealthy clients

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Jul 16 2015, 01:30 PM
Post #44

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

Sorry bluesince72, but here am I questioning something you say once again. I can't see the link with democracy when Scottish MPs can vote on issues that only affect England when English MPs cannot do the same with some Scottish issues. It just seems to poor uneducated me to be fundamentally unfair.
I appreciate that I have a simplistic view on fairness, for example having faced US immigration I would have a special desk at airports for Americans. There they would face the same rudeness, etc that we put up with in their country. That seems fair to me. I would subject Australians wanting to work in the UK to the same rules that Brits have to face to work in Oz. That seems fair to me.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 27 2015, 01:18 PM
Post #45

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Funny how tory supporters on here slammed Labour for their immigration policies. Our wonderful Conservative government have just set the immigration bar at a new all-time high level. What will they say to that?

It won't be the tories fault, of course, nothing ever is.

BBC News

'In 2011, Prime Minister David Cameron said in a speech that he was giving a "no ifs, no buts" promise that he would bring immigration numbers down to "levels our country can manage".' Well done David rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 27 2015, 03:37 PM
Post #46

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 27 2015, 02:18 PM) *
Funny how tory supporters on here slammed Labour for their immigration policies. Our wonderful Conservative government have just set the immigration bar at a new all-time high level. What will they say to that?

BBC News

'In 2011, Prime Minister David Cameron said in a speech that he was giving a "no ifs, no buts" promise that he would bring immigration numbers down to "levels our country can manage".' Well done David rolleyes.gif

But who was it who " opened the doors" in the first place,and could have done something about then, but didn't!, and to quote Labour shadow ministers at the election."We got it wrong on immigration!!"
Labour candidates where told the biggest concern of voters was immigration.
Anyway,if Mr Corbyn ever gets in power he's planning to let everyone in!

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 27 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #47

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 27 2015, 04:37 PM) *

BBC News

But who was it who " opened the doors" in the first place,and could have done something about then, but didn't!, and to quote Labour shadow ministers at the election."We got it wrong on immigration!!"

Remind me again which party took us into the Common Market in the first place. That trumps everything smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 28 2015, 08:19 AM
Post #48

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 27 2015, 06:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 27 2015, 04:37 PM) *

BBC News

Remind me again which party took us into the Common Market in the first place. That trumps everything smile.gif

Ah yes I can trump that,Labour were against joining the Common Market, Castle, Kinnock et all, but that didn't stop them jumping on the gravy train when the chance came....your round on Monday 3mm methinks 3mm laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 28 2015, 12:29 PM
Post #49

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 28 2015, 09:19 AM) *
Ah yes I can trump that,Labour were against joining the Common Market, Castle, Kinnock et all, but that didn't stop them jumping on the gravy train when the chance came....your round on Monday 3mm methinks 3mm laugh.gif

What? You'll have to think of something better than that to get a guiness.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 28 2015, 01:14 PM
Post #50

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 28 2015, 01:29 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 28 2015, 09:19 AM) *

What? You'll have to think of something better than that to get a guiness.gif wink.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th August 2018 - 05:13 PM