> imgur, alternative to photobucket
EltonblueS
post Aug 2 2017, 07:56 PM
Post #1

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

as you may or may not be aware photobucket have started charging for photo "hosting" I therefore recommend imgur as an alternative http://imgur.com/ so if you want to add a photo into your post heres a quick tutorial
for the purpose of this tutorial I have downloaded onto my computer the chester crest from this page https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=chester+f...pf=150170007663
So I hovered over all the crests and I chose the one with the lowest pixels (220x220) I right clicked and chose "save as" and saved into my downloads file (you can save it wherever you find easiest to find) now presuming you have now signed up to imgur proceed as follows; On the opening page of the Imgur link in the top right hand corner is your username, if you hover over this you will get a drop down list, the first dropdown says images click on this, now you will come to a page with all your saved images on, to the right of the screen is a link saying add images, click on this on the next screen click browse and select the file you just saved ( mine was in downloads so I clicked downloads, typed in the name of the file and clicked open)
The phot will now appear on your screen, click on the photo, takes you to another screen with coding, we want th BB Code so click the copy button, then allow access and the code will turn green right click over the green and click copy (YOU HAVE NOW COPIED THE CODE) go to you post and simply click paste
which is exactly what I just did. Now if you want to make your picture a bit bigger or smaller it gets a bit tricky, but once you know how its simple
So you follow the procedure above until you get to the page where your image first appears after uploading it, now hover over the image and you can either delete it or edit, we want edit, a grey edit button will appear, click it, in the right hand corner you will see the size in pixels, for avatars we use 80 so for this demo I clicked 80 in the first box and the second box auto adjusted,now click apply and save and your image is now saved at the size you wanted it, and you can go back and resize it whenever, however here comes the tricky bit. Your image should now be displayed on your images page, click the image to get to the code page (you may have to scroll until you get to the image you want) as before click copy click allow till code turns green and copy and paste your code into your post
imgur.com/q0jSx4r.jpg?1 you will notice when you paste the code at the end of the resized code is a question mark followed by the number 1, Our forum doesn't like question marks in its code so it will give you this error when you try preview or post topic Sorry, dynamic pages in the img tags are not allowed, the fix is simple after pasting the code simply remove the ?1 at the end of the code
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Oct 26 2018, 10:20 AM
Post #2

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

bump
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2018 - 03:38 PM