Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paris
CO2
post Nov 14 2015, 08:36 AM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 6428

If last nights actions were in the name of a religion then their religion really is f**ked up.
No PC from me, it really is time we shut our shores and take heed of what's happening and how these cowards are happy to attack and kill innocent human beings no matter where they are...
This government needs to root these evil bastards out from our streets as no doubt London will be very soon their next target...

Collateral damage may occur but they need to target them at source and if that involves bombings and drone attacks so be it. They should know they can't hide anywhere...

My heartfelt feelings go out to all those affected by last nights events in Paris

--------------------
Mark Cavendish - SPOTY 2011
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 14 2015, 09:08 AM
Post #2

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

Not sure what the solution is, but I'm pretty sure that France's recent airstrikes in Syria haven't helped.

+Quote Post
CO2
post Nov 14 2015, 10:11 AM
Post #3

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (XWWB @ Nov 14 2015, 09:08 AM) *
Not sure what the solution is, but I'm pretty sure that France's recent airstrikes in Syria haven't helped.

That's the dilemma do you let IS do what they want abroad and kill rape and loot for fear of reprisals or do you take the war to them and then be accused of all sorts of war crimes and fighting wars we shouldn't be involved in!! The immigration problems and arguments are a direct result of the troubles and are being used to stoke the fire!!

This country is not big enough to indefinitely keep taking people running away from conflicts and although I can see and understand both sides of the argument I feel the only solution is to take it to IS and to come down extremely hard over here on anyone leaving to fight for IS and their families and to crack down on ALL hate preaching whichever side of the fence they may be on...

Surely time to act is now as no doubt whatsoever these cowardly bastards will no doubt already be plotting their next attack on inocent defenceless people

This post has been edited by CO2: Nov 14 2015, 10:13 AM

--------------------
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Nov 14 2015, 11:42 AM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

QUOTE (CO2 @ Nov 14 2015, 08:36 AM) *
If last nights actions were in the name of a religion then their religion really is f**ked up.
No PC from me, it really is time we shut our shores and take heed of what's happening and how these cowards are happy to attack and kill innocent human beings no matter where they are...
This government needs to root these evil bastards out from our streets as no doubt London will be very soon their next target...

Collateral damage may occur but they need to target them at source and if that involves bombings and drone attacks so be it. They should know they can't hide anywhere...

My heartfelt feelings go out to all those affected by last nights events in Paris

Tiny amount of people commit terrorist attacks - CO2 blames an entire religion. Get a f**king grip of yourself.

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Nov 14 2015, 01:11 PM
Post #5

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

QUOTE (Deva Chanter @ Nov 14 2015, 11:42 AM) *

Tiny amount of people commit terrorist attacks - CO2 blames an entire religion. Get a f**king grip of yourself.

If you think these attacks were made by a few individuals acting alone then you delude yourself. They were part of a master plan by the huge organisation that is IS. Now please note that I have said IS is to blame. I do not blame any religion, just the scum that claim to act in their name. The same sort of scum who murdered on both sides of the Northern Ireland divide while claiming to act for their god.

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Nov 14 2015, 01:35 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Derry Blue @ Nov 14 2015, 01:11 PM) *

If you think these attacks were made by a few individuals acting alone then you delude yourself. They were part of a master plan by the huge organisation that is IS. Now please note that I have said IS is to blame. I do not blame any religion, just the scum that claim to act in their name. The same sort of scum who murdered on both sides of the Northern Ireland divide while claiming to act for their god.

IS is not a "huge organisation" at all. Even the very most generous estimates suggest there are 250,000 of them.

Also, I have absolutely no time for religion of any creed, I just don't care about it - a human being is a human being at the end of the day, regardless of their gender, religion, sexual preference or whatever. God is just a veiled excuse being peddled by these people to commit crimes for ideological reasons and anybody who conflates IS with the true religion of Islam is very, very deluded indeed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 14 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Deva Chanter @ Nov 14 2015, 01:35 PM) *

IS is not a "huge organisation" at all. Even the very most generous estimates suggest there are 250,000 of them.

Also, I have absolutely no time for religion of any creed, I just don't care about it - a human being is a human being at the end of the day, regardless of their gender, religion, sexual preference or whatever. God is just a veiled excuse being peddled by these people to commit crimes for ideological reasons and anybody who conflates IS with the true religion of Islam is very, very deluded indeed.

It is very hard to know what to do when a sizeable number of people want to commit and fight for such an utterly ridiculous and unjust cause as ISIS are. Ideally they should be laughed at for being so clueless and cowardly, instead they're feared.

If we fight fire with fire, we'll only make it worse. I really don't think there's anything we can do about it. We just have to hope humanity evolves at some point.

+Quote Post
CO2
post Nov 14 2015, 02:24 PM
Post #8

1st team stalwart

swearing at me where have I blamed an entire religion?? Keyboard warrior you are.
You defend whoever you like read my post I blame the terrorists who hide behind a religion yes, but I actually work with Muslim guys and they are as horrified as everyone!!
You know doubt would love a face to face chat with IS with your facts and figures you'd definitely change their views. They're evil cowardly bastards and if you feel a need to defend them by slagging me off then fair play to you...

This post has been edited by CO2: Nov 14 2015, 02:29 PM

--------------------
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Nov 14 2015, 02:41 PM
Post #9

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

The word 'huge' was used to contrast the 'tiny' in your post. 250,000 seems a lot to me, but I bow to your obviously superior knowledge.

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Nov 14 2015, 03:04 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

QUOTE (XWWB @ Nov 14 2015, 01:49 PM) *

It is very hard to know what to do when a sizeable number of people want to commit and fight for such an utterly ridiculous and unjust cause as ISIS are. Ideally they should be laughed at for being so clueless and cowardly, instead they're feared.

If we fight fire with fire, we'll only make it worse. I really don't think there's anything we can do about it. We just have to hope humanity evolves at some point.

So are you suggesting we don't do anything? Other than let them murder innocent people in the hope that eventually they change their minds and start to consider us jolly nice chaps and apologise? Sorry but I am with CO2 here and if that doesnt please some of the tree huggers on here then so be it. But they need stopping for the good of everyone

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 14 2015, 03:32 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Hugh Jass @ Nov 14 2015, 03:04 PM) *

So are you suggesting we don't do anything? Other than let them murder innocent people in the hope that eventually they change their minds and start to consider us jolly nice chaps and apologise? Sorry but I am with CO2 here and if that doesnt please some of the tree huggers on here then so be it. But they need stopping for the good of everyone

I'm saying I haven't got a clue how to stop them. Neither has anyone else, I don't think.

+Quote Post
mused
post Nov 14 2015, 03:36 PM
Post #12

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

At the moment I'm also leaning towards world war, because effectively that is what's going to happen in time if the world stays on this course. However, I don't think now's the time to make any rash decisions, as the French PM looks like doing. Now is a time for mourning and taking stock. There's no point opening dialogue with IS, by their own admittance they're not interested in that. War is seemingly the only option. But everybody needs to be on board with it. Including the sane Muslims of this world.

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Nov 14 2015, 03:49 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (mused @ Nov 14 2015, 03:36 PM) *
At the moment I'm also leaning towards world war, because effectively that is what's going to happen in time if the world stays on this course. However, I don't think now's the time to make any rash decisions, as the French PM looks like doing. Now is a time for mourning and taking stock. There's no point opening dialogue with IS, by their own admittance they're not interested in that. War is seemingly the only option. But everybody needs to be on board with it. Including the sane Muslims of this world.

I would imgaine the 'sane' Muslims would want the same as everyone else. It must be making their own lives very uncomfortable especially with idiots like Britain First and the EDL tarring them with the same brush as the nutters.

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Nov 14 2015, 03:51 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (XWWB @ Nov 14 2015, 03:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Hugh Jass @ Nov 14 2015, 03:04 PM) *

I'm saying I haven't got a clue how to stop them. Neither has anyone else, I don't think.

I would agree with that. the only person with a plan seems to be Putin and Russians. Which looks like if you even look remotely like a terriorist we will bomb you

+Quote Post
mused
post Nov 14 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #15

1st team captain

QUOTE (Hugh Jass @ Nov 14 2015, 03:49 PM) *

I would imgaine the 'sane' Muslims would want the same as everyone else. It must be making their own lives very uncomfortable especially with idiots like Britain First and the EDL tarring them with the same brush as the nutters.

You'd think so yes. And agreed, the idiots like Britain first are making a difficult situation worse. We need to be working with the Muslim communities not alienating them.

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
CO2
post Nov 14 2015, 04:52 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (mused @ Nov 14 2015, 04:24 PM) *

You'd think so yes. And agreed, the idiots like Britain first are making a difficult situation worse. We need to be working with the Muslim communities not alienating them.

^^^^^^^^^ this 110%^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
Mustafa Sandal
post Nov 14 2015, 05:05 PM
Post #17

Squad player

Member No.: 5555

QUOTE (CO2 @ Nov 14 2015, 04:52 PM) *

A lot of "Muslim Communities" choose to live seperatley from the mass of the people, they are not alienated.

The very fact they we use the term "Muslim Communities" is it's own warning, they are not choosing to be part of the Greater British population but are opting to form enclaves within a country, not to dissimilar from the Brits on the Spanish Costas!

+Quote Post
mused
post Nov 14 2015, 05:33 PM
Post #18

1st team captain

QUOTE (Mustafa Sandal @ Nov 14 2015, 05:05 PM) *
QUOTE (CO2 @ Nov 14 2015, 04:52 PM) *

A lot of "Muslim Communities" choose to live seperatley from the mass of the people, they are not alienated.

The very fact they we use the term "Muslim Communities" is it's own warning, they are not choosing to be part of the Greater British population but are opting to form enclaves within a country, not to dissimilar from the Brits on the Spanish Costas!

That's probably true. But a load of white dingles walking past a mosque, waving St Georges Crosses and singing no surrender to the IRA isn't going to help what is becoming a very bad situation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pepelepew
post Nov 14 2015, 06:59 PM
Post #19

Devachat`s best dancer

Member No.: 698

I relocated to France back in 2009,

I'd like to share with you my experience today at our local town market, where I witnessed the French population openly shaking hands with the muslim stall owners who are integrated into society here, just as other ethnic minorities and ex-pats like myself are. I saw this as a defiant show of solidarity that no matter what has occurred in Paris, thankfully, despite the shocking scenes over French media, not all muslims are being tarred with the same brush, and as quoted earlier in this thread they are in shock, as we all are.

As a matter of interest we are seeing more Belgian people relocating to this area of France, as they are fully expecting the next Muslim state to actually be Belgium, with the Belgian population being the minority as soon as 2030.

It is possible to live together whatever your race , religion, sexually persuasion etc etc. What needs to be addressed in my IMHO are the people who choose to set up enclaves with absolutely no intention of embracing local laws, or respecting other countries history or values. Educating people about the genuine muslim faith has to follow, as these people (ISIS) have no right associating themselves to a religion with a God, whilst committing acts of the Devil, I am yet to see a proper debate about what it means to be a Muslim.

The perpetrators according to the French radio, have had links to ISIS, with the youngest, known to the Gendarmes as a petty thief, being radicalized in Syria, then returning, presumably under cover of the refugee crisis, to commit this atrocity.

Humanity took a large backward step in Paris and who knows what lies ahead, I just hope that the people we have trusted with making decisions are able to make the right ones not only for us now , but generations to come.

Viva la France

--------------------
Michael Flatley is crap compared to me after 6 pints

AKA Big Playa Flava Pepe

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Nov 14 2015, 07:22 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Derry Blue @ Nov 14 2015, 02:41 PM) *

The word 'huge' was used to contrast the 'tiny' in your post. 250,000 seems a lot to me, but I bow to your obviously superior knowledge.

Just for clarities sake, I used the word 'tiny' in the context of the band of terrorists who committed the atrocities in Paris, not for IS as a whole, although I do still disagree with your description of them as a 'huge organisation' but you are more than entitled to that opinion.

This post has been edited by Deva Chanter: Nov 14 2015, 07:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Nov 14 2015, 07:30 PM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (CO2 @ Nov 14 2015, 02:24 PM) *

swearing at me where have I blamed an entire religion?? Keyboard warrior you are.
You defend whoever you like read my post I blame the terrorists who hide behind a religion yes, but I actually work with Muslim guys and they are as horrified as everyone!!
You know doubt would love a face to face chat with IS with your facts and figures you'd definitely change their views. They're evil cowardly bastards and if you feel a need to defend them by slagging me off then fair play to you...

Erm, you said, "if last nights attack was done in the name of a religion" - which evidently, in the minds and words of IS, it was. "Then their religion really is f**ked up". Sorry, but that sounds very much like blaming a religion to me.

Let me contextualise that for you, its like me saying - "if Catholic priests are sexually assaulting children in the name of a religion, then their religion really is f**ked up" - so, because a couple of Catholic priests molest children, according to your logic, that makes the whole religion of Catholicism "f**ked up".

And let's be really very clear about another point of yours - the collateral damage you seem to assume is necessary in fighting IS - 650,000 innocent Iraqi's lost their lives as "collateral damage" in our so called 'war on terror' back in 2003.

And keyboard warrior I am not, if I heard you spouting that illogical xenophobic garbage in the street I'd pull you up on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post Nov 15 2015, 08:19 AM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5322

If becoming "Radicalised" means "programed to hate and kill Westerners or any other faith" ,surley the Governments of the world should be legally able to take thease pepole of the streets provisionally for the safety of others.

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post
CO2
post Nov 15 2015, 10:08 AM
Post #23

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Deva Chanter @ Nov 14 2015, 07:30 PM) *

Erm, you said, "if last nights attack was done in the name of a religion" - which evidently, in the minds and words of IS, it was. "Then their religion really is f**ked up". Sorry, but that sounds very much like blaming a religion to me.

Let me contextualise that for you, its like me saying - "if Catholic priests are sexually assaulting children in the name of a religion, then their religion really is f**ked up" - so, because a couple of Catholic priests molest children, according to your logic, that makes the whole religion of Catholicism "f**ked up".

And let's be really very clear about another point of yours - the collateral damage you seem to assume is necessary in fighting IS - 650,000 innocent Iraqi's lost their lives as "collateral damage" in our so called 'war on terror' back in 2003.

And keyboard warrior I am not, if I heard you spouting that illogical xenophobic garbage in the street I'd pull you up on it.

Perhaps I should have put the first IF in capitals to help you out but then I get the impression if it makes you feel better you'd happily argue black was white anyway...

Back to my original posting I still believe in what I wrote or was trying to write without the racist police taking over to swing the argument their way...
I really couldn't give a flying what you think and if my views go against yours don't worry I won't be losing one second of sleep over it as I'm sure you won't .....

--------------------
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 15 2015, 02:31 PM
Post #24

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (CO2 @ Nov 15 2015, 10:08 AM) *

Perhaps I should have put the first IF in capitals to help you out but then I get the impression if it makes you feel better you'd happily argue black was white anyway...

Back to my original posting I still believe in what I wrote or was trying to write without the racist police taking over to swing the argument their way...
I really couldn't give a flying what you think and if my views go against yours don't worry I won't be losing one second of sleep over it as I'm sure you won't .....

There is now a distinct probability that some ISIS members have mingled with the refugees to get into Europe, everybody who warned about the dangers of open door immigration will take no satisfaction from this, I'm afraid no matter what is discussed on here, whether it is in the name of religion or not, the gates of Hell have now been wedged open, attacks like this will become commonplace I'm afraid, and will certainly cost the German chancellor her position.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 15 2015, 03:06 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Nov 15 2015, 02:31 PM) *
QUOTE (CO2 @ Nov 15 2015, 10:08 AM) *

There is now a distinct probability that some ISIS members have mingled with the refugees to get into Europe, everybody who warned about the dangers of open door immigration will take no satisfaction from this, I'm afraid no matter what is discussed on here, whether it is in the name of religion or not, the gates of Hell have now been wedged open, attacks like this will become commonplace I'm afraid, and will certainly cost the German chancellor her position.

At least one of the attackers was a French national. There's no reason to suppose that the refugee crisis has any connection to this.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2019 - 11:46 AM