Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> " Should he stay or should he go" ?, Jamie Rainford......
russ45
post Dec 27 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #1

groundsman

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3617

Seeing that Jamie Rainford is due back at the club next week, I was thinking what the next move should be by the club and himself.......Me, Id like to see him stay. I know things have been said on the social network sites etc, but hey dont we all sometimes say things we regret? He has had time to concentrate on his game and is playing well if you read FCHFC's web site. Also with the suspensions we are picking up atm it gives Youngy more options on the field. Humble Pie does have to be eaten ,but its not hard to swallow....at the end of the day I'd rather have him scoring for us than against...... COYB cityscarf.gif

--------------------
When I watch you Chester, I go off my head....I just cant get enough, I just cant get enough...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
andyhubbard
post Dec 27 2011, 09:56 AM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3436

QUOTE (russ45 @ Dec 27 2011, 09:23 AM) *
Seeing that Jamie Rainford is due back at the club next week, I was thinking what the next move should be by the club and himself.......Me, Id like to see him stay. I know things have been said on the social network sites etc, but hey dont we all sometimes say things we regret? He has had time to concentrate on his game and is playing well if you read FCHFC's web site. Also with the suspensions we are picking up atm it gives Youngy more options on the field. Humble Pie does have to be eaten ,but its not hard to swallow....at the end of the day I'd rather have him scoring for us than against...... COYB cityscarf.gif

I would like him to stay give him till the end of the season I really think he will come good for us.

+Quote Post
russ45
post Dec 27 2011, 09:58 AM
Post #3

groundsman

Member No.: 3617

QUOTE (andyhubbard @ Dec 27 2011, 09:56 AM) *
QUOTE (russ45 @ Dec 27 2011, 09:23 AM) *

I would like him to stay give him till the end of the season I really think he will come good for us.

I agree mate, I know hes said things, but I think it was more out of frustration than anything.....give him a chance.

--------------------
When I watch you Chester, I go off my head....I just cant get enough, I just cant get enough...

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Dec 27 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #4

Chester legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 701

He can go for me, had his chance and blew it, nothing but a trouble maker.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Dec 27 2011, 10:17 AM
Post #5

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

Not wanted by me im afraid, let the lad go and cry to his facebook 'friends' about us again.

He's burnt his bridges now and we should all move on, he will never get the chance to play at a bigger part time club and if he had made a name for himself here he could have had a crack at going pro.

As has been said, had his chance and blew it big time and comes across a big spoilt kid.

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Dec 27 2011, 10:29 AM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 27 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

He should go

+Quote Post
resker
post Dec 27 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #7

resker

Member No.: 84

Certainly has an attitude problem and will our players want to welcome him back into the fold.
Get our money back I say and spend it on a team player. He is past history already.

+Quote Post
service with a s...
post Dec 27 2011, 11:18 AM
Post #8

Squad player

Member No.: 3908

I would rather see JR stay.He is a class player at this level and can do a job for us.

+Quote Post
bluemorf
post Dec 27 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #9

Squad player

Member No.: 6574

rather see him stay at the minute. Wildey looked miles off the pace yesterday and simmo just looked totally disinterested when he came on (although getting moved about position wise Probably didnt help).

+Quote Post
JMC
post Dec 27 2011, 11:33 AM
Post #10

Squad player

Member No.: 1763

Should be down to the players and Youngy, only they know what he's like in the dressing room.

A happy and close team > any individual

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Dec 27 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #11

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

QUOTE (bluemorf @ Dec 27 2011, 11:22 AM) *
rather see him stay at the minute. Wildey looked miles off the pace yesterday and simmo just looked totally disinterested when he came on (although getting moved about position wise Probably didnt help).

I don't want to JR back but to be honest, given Wilde and Simm's recent displays getting rid of Rainford becomes slightly more difficult. He's scoring goals and playing well by all accounts in a league above - Simmo is playing like he'd struggle to make an impact in the league below!

The lad clearly talks rubbish on an impressively regular basis, but, yesterday did get me thinking...

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Dec 27 2011, 12:11 PM
Post #12

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

Our form has been far better since he left and if we can get some cash for him im sure we could bring in a new player who would do a job for us and behave professionally off the pitch. Let him go imo.

+Quote Post
toj
post Dec 27 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 1445

Apologise,and stay cityscarf.gif

--------------------
RUNNER UP IN THE CHRONICLE FACE IN THE CROWD COMPETITION ON 3 OCCASIONS

FRIEND OF ALMOST BLUE AND CHESTER 68

ENEMY OF THE "POLITICALLY CORRECT" AND OVER ZEALOUS MODERATORS

THOMAS SOCCERFAN 1982 IST MEIN BESTER FREUND....ICH LIEBE DEUTSCHE

+Quote Post
Posh Jon
post Dec 27 2011, 12:32 PM
Post #14

ONLY COOL PEOPLE CAN SEE MY AVATAR

Member No.: 61

I'm a bit like others - after yesterday, I think it's worth trying to reconcile. If he's willing to comeback and try again, we should give him a clean slate. If he doesn't want to work for it though, there's no point in him being here, and shipping him out works best for all parties.

--------------------
Not posh

+Quote Post
Buckley Blue
post Dec 27 2011, 12:40 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7121

Get shut of him. Just because he's been half decent at halifax doesn't mean he's going to come back and play well for us.

+Quote Post
rusty
post Dec 27 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #16

Squad player

Member No.: 4723

QUOTE (Buckley Blue @ Dec 27 2011, 12:40 PM) *
Get shut of him. Just because he's been half decent at halifax doesn't mean he's going to come back and play well for us.

Go .... bad for the dressing room

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 27 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #17

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

I think he should go and the money re-invested in other parts of the team.

We're not short of strikers, but we do need an on-pitch leader who can calm things down when necessary and who can instil discipline into players during games, something which is evidently lacking at the moment.

Yesterday, indiscipline cost us 2 points and gifted a point to our nearest rivals. Being 1-0 up early on against a team reduced to 10 men with the dismissal of their goalkeeper should have been a comfortable winning position.

I'd go for an extra central defender and a central midfielder in exchange for Rainford. At least one of them needs to be an experienced player.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Dec 27 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #18

Exiled in York

QUOTE (Posh Jon @ Dec 27 2011, 12:32 PM) *
I'm a bit like others - after yesterday, I think it's worth trying to reconcile. If he's willing to comeback and try again, we should give him a clean slate. If he doesn't want to work for it though, there's no point in him being here, and shipping him out works best for all parties.

I would hope that yesterday plays no part in Young's decision regarding Rainford as I dont think it was an accurate representation of either teams ability. Obviously people are disappointed but I dont see why so many seem surprised. A high pressure boxing day clash between 2 part time title rivals in front of a massive crowd was always going to result in both teams playing below their level of ability. If we had played just as badly but edged the game 1-0 everyone would be saying how it was a hard earned 3 points and evidence that we are clearly on course for the title.

Since Rainford left we have won every game in the league until yesterday scoring 14 goals and conceding 2 in our previous 5 games as well as progressing well in the FA trophy. Hardly a sign that we are desperate for him to come back. Every defeat and draw this season has been met with a positive response in our next league game so yesterday is really no reason to panic at all yet.

If Rainford is to come back he has to accept we have a team of players who overall are playing very well and will have to work his b*ll*cks off all season to have a chance of playing and not sulk and moan if he doesnt get as much game time as he would like.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 27 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #19

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Dec 27 2011, 01:13 PM) *

I would hope that yesterday plays no part in Young's decision regarding Rainford as I dont think it was an accurate representation of either teams ability. Obviously people are disappointed but I dont see why so many seem surprised. A high pressure boxing day clash between 2 part time title rivals in front of a massive crowd was always going to result in both teams playing below their level of ability. If we had played just as badly but edged the game 1-0 everyone would be saying how it was a hard earned 3 points and evidence that we are clearly on course for the title.

Since Rainford left we have won every game in the league until yesterday scoring 14 goals and conceding 2 in our previous 5 games as well as progressing well in the FA trophy. Hardly a sign that we are desperate for him to come back. Every defeat and draw this season has been met with a positive response in our next league game so yesterday is really no reason to panic at all yet.

If Rainford is to come back he has to accept we have a team of players who overall are playing very well and will have to work his b*ll*cks off all season to have a chance of playing and not sulk and moan if he doesnt get as much game time as he would like.

..it's a difficult one to call,but my opinion,for what it's worth,is that i can't believe him coming back, will be good for the changing room atmosphere.
I would've taken a point before the game yesterday,so despite what went on,i'm happy with a point.anybody who has,or who plays football knows that situations like yesterday,goalie going off etc.doesn't automatically mean you are going to win the game,so still unbeaten,let's get behind them against Nantwich,another difficult game,and we owe them one!!!!

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Dec 27 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #20

Exiled in York

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 27 2011, 01:50 PM) *
QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Dec 27 2011, 01:13 PM) *

..it's a difficult one to call,but my opinion,for what it's worth,is that i can't believe him coming back, will be good for the changing room atmosphere.
I would've taken a point before the game yesterday,so despite what went on,i'm happy with a point.anybody who has,or who plays football knows that situations like yesterday,goalie going off etc.doesn't automatically mean you are going to win the game,so still unbeaten,let's get behind them against Nantwich,another difficult game,and we owe them one!!!!

Its probably worth mentioning as well that his level of ability was never an issue but his ability to cope with the pressure in front of goal seemed to let him down time and time again. He has gone on loan to a club where he was under less pressure and would be returning to a situation where he would be under more pressure than ever which to me is a massive risk.

+Quote Post
K klass
post Dec 27 2011, 02:37 PM
Post #21

1st team regular

Member No.: 5449

I think his pace combined with his ability to take on, and beat players could have made the difference at Northwich. As long as he's on our books he has my support!

+Quote Post
woolston blue
post Dec 27 2011, 02:50 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5676

QUOTE (K klass @ Dec 27 2011, 02:37 PM) *
I think his pace combined with his ability to take on, and beat players could have made the difference at Northwich. As long as he's on our books he has my support!

Didn't see it when he was here, no reason to think he'd be any better 2nd time around. Do i hear £10,000? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gogster
post Dec 27 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #23

1st team sub

Member No.: 4503

Would move him on even at a loss. I believe him to be a disruptive influence to his fellow players, fans and management team.

For those reasons and his own dislike of the fans and club

Ta Ta.

+Quote Post
K klass
post Dec 27 2011, 03:17 PM
Post #24

1st team regular

Member No.: 5449

QUOTE (woolston blue @ Dec 27 2011, 02:50 PM) *
QUOTE (K klass @ Dec 27 2011, 02:37 PM) *

Didn't see it when he was here, no reason to think he'd be any better 2nd time around. Do i hear £10,000? biggrin.gif

I think that whilst he was here his finishing and decision making were way off the mark. He's clearly back on form now though. On the other hand if he IS (as is banded around) a disruptive influence in the dressing room then show him the door! The decision rests Neil Young. I for one will respect and support his decision.

+Quote Post
AndyHa
post Dec 27 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #25

The Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 79

QUOTE (JMC @ Dec 27 2011, 11:33 AM) *
Should be down to the players and Youngy, only they know what he's like in the dressing room.

A happy and close team > any individual

I'll go with this. If the lads who have to play and train with him are ok with him back and Youngy is sure he will not upset and demoralise a group of players who all seem to want to give 100% I'm happy.

--------------------
"Entertainments may be taxed; public houses may be taxed… and the yield devoted to the general revenue. But motorists are to be privileged for all time to have the tax on motors devoted to roads? This is an outrage upon… common sense." Winston Churchill

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 04:54 AM