> England
japseye
post Sep 1 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Squad player
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1775

Is it just me or is anybody else finding they are really not arsed about the England game tomorrow night. Don't seem to be as worked up as I used to get a few years ago. Used to really look forward to them. I think i'm looking forward to the game on tuesday, but then again it is only Wales. laugh.gif

--------------------
English and proud of it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mustafa Sandal
post Sep 1 2011, 06:12 PM
Post #2

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5555

QUOTE (japseye @ Sep 1 2011, 07:02 PM) *
Is it just me or is anybody else finding they are really not arsed about the England game tomorrow night. Don't seem to be as worked up as I used to get a few years ago. Used to really look forward to them. I think i'm looking forward to the game on tuesday, but then again it is only Wales. laugh.gif

Yes it's only Wales, a country of but two million who have just won Britain's only gold medal at the World Atheltics Championships.

Speaks volumes for the fifty eigth million English people!

+Quote Post
japseye
post Sep 1 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Squad player
Group Icon

Member No.: 1775

QUOTE (Mustafa Sandal @ Sep 1 2011, 07:12 PM) *

Yes it's only Wales, a country of but two million who have just won Britain's only gold medal at the World Atheltics Championships.

Sorry didn't realise Wales were competing thought it was GB :

--------------------
English and proud of it.

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Sep 1 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

QUOTE (japseye @ Sep 1 2011, 07:34 PM) *

Sorry didn't realise Wales were competing thought it was GB :

Im looking forward to saturday, cant come quick enough for me , want to see the blues have a good win.

+Quote Post
tom - chesterr
post Sep 1 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4398

Wonderd why people were saying atleast wenger will have a couple of weeks before his next game to prepare himself and his team after the defeat against mancs. Didn't realise England were playing.

--------------------
The future is bright, the future is blue and white!

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Sep 1 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #6

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

going tues chester fc flag flying proud . englandsign.gif citysign.GIF cityscarf.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
TheCuckoo
post Sep 1 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #7

Squad player

Member No.: 3178

Is it just me or is anybody else finding they are really not arsed about the England game tomorrow night.

No, not just you. As has been suspected for some time and confirmed beyond any reasonable doubt by the last World Cup, the England players do not actually give a crap. My feeling is - if you cant be arsed, why should I? Would I rather watch a Chester game, pie in one hand, hot steaming tea in the other, on a cold September Saturday OR would I rather watch a bunch of over paid, over rated, half-hearted half-wits pretend to care about a football match that, to them, is just an inconvenience?

Like them, it's a no-brainer.

--------------------
Twitter... #DontFollowMe

"You Fool! You Foolish Fool!"

Copyright 2012-2015 All Rights Reserved. Any use of the phrase "Nuclear Death Fart" is entirely coincidental.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Sep 1 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #8

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

Im going to Wembley on tuesday so its fair to say im looking forward to it.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Sep 1 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #9

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

England playing? the players don't seem to care,so why should i?
There used to be a time when players who were picked to play for England, would've walked to Wembley and played for nothing,now they hum and hah deciding whether they can be arsed about it,some managers don't even encourage their players to play for their country. (Naming no names.) rolleyes.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Sep 1 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Sep 1 2011, 10:24 PM) *

England playing? the players don't seem to care,so why should i?
There used to be a time when players who were picked to play for England, would've walked to Wembley and played for nothing,now they hum and hah deciding whether they can be arsed about it,some managers don't even encourage their players to play for their country. (Naming no names.) rolleyes.gif

You would be better off watching Chester, and giveing the restof the cash to the club.

+Quote Post
baldwonder
post Sep 2 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #11

1st team regular

Member No.: 5693

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Sep 1 2011, 10:09 PM) *

Take out a mortgage I went to the Fa Cup Semi Final and England V Switzerland £8.50 Burger chips and a coke and a programme is £6 for an England game

--------------------
Not a footballing City hey Lawro???

+Quote Post
WAussie Blue
post Sep 2 2011, 08:58 AM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 535

England, as a force in world football, are dead:

--------------------
31st August 2013 - "We came, we scored, we conquered!"

+Quote Post
BIGNICK
post Sep 2 2011, 09:13 AM
Post #13

mid- life and lovin it

Member No.: 1146

Well out of 2 million people you had to have somone good at something that did not involve farmyard animals! biggrin.gif

cause it's sure not football,what is the ranking at the moment england 4th wales 117th there are countries with half YOUR population ranked higher than wales! crying.gif

--------------------
Welcome to another day hear on planet Earth............

+Quote Post
Southern Blue
post Sep 2 2011, 09:32 AM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2331

I used to follow England's qualifiers on TV avidly. Now Blatter has killed the international game for me and I don't give a monkeys. Real football is what is happening at our club and about the fans, not overpaid pre-madonnas poncing about in a corrupt contest.

--------------------
I want to play a game.

+Quote Post
olisdad
post Sep 2 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #15

1st team regular
Group Icon

Member No.: 3681

Olisdad and 3 sons also going to wembley on tues flying the flag for Cfc.

+Quote Post
Elton Blues
post Sep 2 2011, 10:08 AM
Post #16

Our City, Our Community, Our Club
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

Didn't even realise they were playing on Tuesday, thought it was just tonight!

--------------------
I am one of the thousands of fools and proud of it!

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Sep 2 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #17

Exiled in York

QUOTE (baldwonder @ Sep 2 2011, 01:33 AM) *
QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Sep 1 2011, 10:09 PM) *

Take out a mortgage I went to the Fa Cup Semi Final and England V Switzerland £8.50 Burger chips and a coke and a programme is £6 for an England game

I went to a international friendly at Wembley in 2009 so know what to expect price wise. Managed to get return train tickets for £23 and a night in a youth hostel for £11 so ive still saved over the mugs booking into places like travelodge and holiday inn at £90 a night.

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Sep 2 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #18

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

QUOTE (Southern Blue @ Sep 2 2011, 10:32 AM) *
I used to follow England's qualifiers on TV avidly. Now Blatter has killed the international game for me and I don't give a monkeys. Real football is what is happening at our club and about the fans, not overpaid pre-madonnas poncing about in a corrupt contest.

Yeah I feel the same. When I watch Chester I'm constantly on edge - unless we're about four up! With England I'm relaxed and much less concerned.

Ill watch it tonight, but with a degree of apathy.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Sep 2 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #19

Exiled in York

Although its not easy supporting England nowadays its not always been easy watching Chester either but we stuck with that. We may have to suffer through uninterested players and poor performances but we should still get behind the shirt because lets face it if the fans turn their backs on the national team then we lose any right we have to complain when they players dont perform.

Lets not forget that as non league supporters we have the benefit that dont have to deal with the club v country debate and should be able to enjoy supporting both teams with no conflict in interest.

This post has been edited by TomCCFC87: Sep 2 2011, 10:38 AM

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Sep 2 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #20

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

Don't people ever get bored of England bashing on here? Yes the players are over-paid and it's not how it used to be. The game has changed beyond compare and we're not as good as we once were. However I for one just don't get the whole "I don't care about England" nonsense. I'm English and will always support the National team, I don't really understand how anyone couldn't...but that's just me.

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Sep 2 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

does wayne rooney care about the national team or its supporters?

+Quote Post
boggle1983
post Sep 2 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #22

Squad player

Member No.: 5121

Must admit that I have no interest in international football anymore! Most of the games are dull and boring! Thank god Chester have a game and I don't have to listen to that England rubbish! Win a game - papers full of how were the best in the world, lose and all the players & manager need shooting! Then again that's similar to the rubbish that gets posted on here!

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Sep 2 2011, 11:18 AM
Post #23

Exiled in York

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Sep 2 2011, 11:59 AM) *
does wayne rooney care about the national team or its supporters?

Its a vicious circle, the more players seem not to care about the fans the more fans turn their backs on the team meaning the players begin to care even less and so on.

This post has been edited by TomCCFC87: Sep 2 2011, 11:18 AM

+Quote Post
Kyle
post Sep 2 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #24

1st team regular

Member No.: 162

Haven't watched England at all, even highlights since the World Cup debacle. It was bad enough watching England when they were just rubbish, now they are also a bunch of scumbag morons

I'd rather watch the junior blues

--------------------
Chester are back

+Quote Post
Fallowfield Blue
post Sep 2 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #25

Seals side up

Member No.: 7303

Club > country to a massive extent, but that's not to say I don't care about England, will still be tuning in today and Tuesday. Hope those of you going on Tuesday still have enough funds to watch the more important game at Ashton on Wednesday though!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2019 - 10:17 AM