Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gay Meadow
Darrell
post Jun 2 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Chester Boy

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1670

Dont think the New Meadow has won many fans over, and this review doesnt sound too great either ! seems like a bigger Deva !
http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

This post has been edited by Darrell: Jun 2 2007, 04:29 PM

--------------------
Here's to another 125 years :-):-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post Jun 2 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #2

RIP

Member No.: 2357

He has not even been in it!

I would agree with several points though, it is built on a field at the edge of town, and the whole area will look very different in 10 years time than it does now.

Most reviews of New Meadow will be based around "Gay Meadow was one of the last traditional lower league grounds" sort of stuff, which does not take into account the fact Gay Meadow is about 50 years out of date.

His Pub watch was lazy - there's at least 3 within a 10 minute walk.

This post has been edited by ThrobsBlackHat: Jun 2 2007, 04:42 PM

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Jun 2 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #3

1st team legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1308

QUOTE (ThrobsBlackHat @ Jun 2 2007, 05:42 PM) *
He has not even been in it!

I would agree with several points though, it is built on a field at the edge of town, and the whole area will look very different in 10 years time than it does now.

Most reviews of New Meadow will be based around "Gay Meadow was one of the last traditional lower league grounds" sort of stuff, which does not take into account the fact Gay Meadow is about 50 years out of date.

His Pub watch was lazy - there's at least 3 within a 10 minute walk.

The thing is pal,it will just seem so soulless compared to your old ground.Many older blues have never felt at home at the deva,me included,it feels like your heart has been ripped out.Sad.

Sorry Throb,but its just a slightly bigger Deva,and it will have all the character of the Deva.....ie NONE.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
You see that burnt out world that he is living in
I don't need to look for the rules
Here comes the donkey
Chained to a ten ton plough
He'll never make that hill in a million years
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post Jun 2 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #4

RIP

QUOTE (Caergwrle Blue @ Jun 2 2007, 05:47 PM) *
The thing is pal,it will just seem so soulless compared to your old ground.Many older blues have never felt at home at the deva,me included,it feels like your heart has been ripped out.Sad.

I understand that.

But it will have running water and flush toilets.

I understand the comparison to Deva but Deva is so small in its footprint that wherever you are you feel alone, and the noise does not travel. You were ripped off when you were given Deva. I am sure you would feel less like that had the original plans actually been built.

+Quote Post
Gary_Peters
post Jun 2 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #5

3MM is a jobworth

Member No.: 2267

Deva mk II innit!!!1111oneone.

--------------------
Who's that team they call the Chester?
That club is rotten to the core!
They play in blue & white,
And their team is f**king sh*te,
And Stephen Vaughan's mother is a whore!

+Quote Post
Toca
post Jun 2 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #6

Youth team

Member No.: 1936

My brother and I went to see the New Meadow a couple of months ago just before it was finished and to be honest, it looked quite flash up close from the outside. However, having seen the photos from inside the ground, it doesn't appear to be much different to the deva, just as little character and with a few thousand extra seats.

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Jun 2 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #7

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

QUOTE (Gary_Peters @ Jun 2 2007, 06:15 PM) *
Deva mk II innit!!!1111oneone.

OBSESSED

+Quote Post
Ali
post Jun 2 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #8

One step forward, two steps back!
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (ThrobsBlackHat @ Jun 2 2007, 05:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Caergwrle Blue @ Jun 2 2007, 05:47 PM) *

I understand that.

But it will have running water

The old one did, a little too much at times biggrin.gif

Interesting part,

Local Rivals
Hereford United, Wr**h*m & Walsall.

+Quote Post
MPW
post Jun 3 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #9

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

There is a large car park at the stadium. However, this is for permit holders only and street parking is prohibited in the nearby residential area and retail park. The Club will operate a number of Park & Ride schemes on matchdays at a cost of £5 per car, starting at 12.30pm on Saturdays & 5.30pm for evening matches.

Sounds like its going to be a pain the ass to get to the ground. At least there is plenty of parking around the Deva.

+Quote Post
Bluesontop
post Jun 3 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #10

H Block..................
Group Icon

Member No.: 1942

QUOTE (MPW @ Jun 3 2007, 12:10 PM) *
There is a large car park at the stadium. However, this is for permit holders only and street parking is prohibited in the nearby residential area and retail park. The Club will operate a number of Park & Ride schemes on matchdays at a cost of £5 per car, starting at 12.30pm on Saturdays & 5.30pm for evening matches.

Sounds like its going to be a pain the ass to get to the ground. At least there is plenty of parking around the Deva.

Shrewsbury was always a pain in the a**e to park anyway, at least if you went on the train it was right outside.

--------------------
Chester City FC The pride of the North West

Colin Potts is a tramp.

+Quote Post
Wxm_Red
post Jun 6 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #11

Debut

Member No.: 3211

A bigger Deva??
Christ not looking forward to going there dry.gif

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post Jun 6 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #12

RIP

Has the Deva got 670 spaces, 1000 park and ride spaces, 200 park and walk spaces, a specific town centre bus service, 4-5 pubs running bus services, a nearby pub with 70 spaces, and a local retail park alongside 5 housing estates within a 15 minute walk and is next to a large garden centre?

http://www.newmeadow.com/spgm/index.php?sp...pgmFilters=#pic

Some town fans are now saying "where will I park for the new ground" and so I ask them where they park now and they say "the cinema"!

The fact is no stadium ever has enough parking, except Darlo, and the reasons for that are painful.

BUT somehow everyone always finds a way. It just means getting used to it.

what people are really saying si that they want to park somewhere for free, and be able to get away quickly. When I come to Deva I usually park in the supermarket car park near the entrance to Bumpers Lane (I think). That can hardly be classified as "official parking".

I am led to believe there will be a limited number of parking passes for away fans available in advance alongside the ticket allocation. Then there are loads of disabled bays. 24 coach away caoch parking bay.

The challenge is that lots of the on site parking will be taken up by the Sovereign Club & executive boxes. 8 executive boxes (12 capacity) , and the executive club. You need 4 of the 50 a month memberships to get one parking space, or 2 of the 70 a month. Even so - they will account for something like half the parking.

http://www.sovereignclub.co.uk/index.html

This post has been edited by ThrobsBlackHat: Jun 6 2007, 04:22 PM

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jun 6 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #13

Sept 7 1968 a Great day for Football
Group Icon

Member No.: 777

Dont worry chaps.

Stockport have no intention of moving grounds so theres still one good old traditional English football ground reasonably close to you.

However we are planning on moving Divisions ( upwards ) so come and see us while you can. This applies not so much to Shrews fans as you might well join us

--------------------

Legend - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gannon

Sir Danny Bergara 1943 - 2007 R.I.P.

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post Jun 7 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #14

RIP

A new photo of where you will be based on your visit. You'll be in the stand on the right. The grass in the foreground is where the community pitches will be situated.

and this is the view of your stand I'll get from roughly where I will be sitting. The big thing on the right is the control room. Next to it is the upper level disabled viewing platform.

Or from pitchside

+Quote Post
Puma G.Vilas
post Jun 7 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #15

Squad player

Member No.: 2632

QUOTE (ThrobsBlackHat @ Jun 6 2007, 05:00 PM) *

Has the Deva got 670 spaces, 1000 park and ride spaces, 200 park and walk spaces, a specific town centre bus service, 4-5 pubs running bus services, a nearby pub with 70 spaces, and a local retail park alongside 5 housing estates within a 15 minute walk and is next to a large garden centre?

Some town fans are now saying "where will I park for the new ground" and so I ask them where they park now and they say "the cinema"!

The fact is no stadium ever has enough parking, except Darlo, and the reasons for that are painful.

BUT somehow everyone always finds a way. It just means getting used to it.

what people are really saying si that they want to park somewhere for free, and be able to get away quickly. When I come to Deva I usually park in the supermarket car park near the entrance to Bumpers Lane (I think). That can hardly be classified as "official parking".

I am led to believe there will be a limited number of parking passes for away fans available in advance alongside the ticket allocation. Then there are loads of disabled bays. 24 coach away caoch parking bay.

The challenge is that lots of the on site parking will be taken up by the Sovereign Club & executive boxes. 8 executive boxes (12 capacity) , and the executive club. You need 4 of the 50 a month memberships to get one parking space, or 2 of the 70 a month. Even so - they will account for something like half the parking.

http://www.sovereignclub.co.uk/index.html
If you arrive by train,the plod are gonna be waiting and insist you get on one of the buses theyve laid on.Whenever ive been forced to use the provided transport,ive never been charged to use it!Then same again after the match!

+Quote Post
Ben
post Jun 8 2007, 06:57 AM
Post #16

Supporter

Member No.: 76

Is it me or do the corners look bigger than at the deva? (ie the stands are not as wide). I think this could drain a lot of the atmosphere away!

--------------------
Want to reminisce? Check out my youtube channel which has lots of clips of CCFC, including many of the great Harry McNally.

CCFC Old Clips

+Quote Post
Darrell
post Jun 8 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #17

Chester Boy

Member No.: 1670

seems that way ! The roofing and windshields look like they will dispense of any atmosphere just like our deva.

--------------------
Here's to another 125 years :-):-)

+Quote Post
Phil Babb
post Jun 8 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #18

I dislike goalposts.

Member No.: 2986

I actually, can't wait to visit this new ground.

Will have to make another night out after it as well.

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Jun 8 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (Phil Babb @ Jun 8 2007, 02:36 PM) *

Too right. Shame about the "women" in Shrowsbury, though.

+Quote Post
paul_raynor_lege...
post Jun 8 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #20

Squad player

Member No.: 1828

The new meadow is the new model of the Deva.
The layout of the stands is the same but the stadium will incorporate better facilities such as bars conference facilities, food and the stadium will help to regenerate the area surrounding the ground over the next 10- 15 years.
Although you have a new ground it has been proven that fans struggle to relate to new grounds and have no emotional attachment to the ground. Fans hold 'geographical memories' with older stadia.
Fair play to the slops they needed to move but the ground wont help take the club forward in a significant way and there wont be as much atmosphere at the ground as at gay meadow!!!

This post has been edited by paul_raynor_legend: Jun 8 2007, 01:49 PM

--------------------
One of the few at Leigh RMI chanting Hill out, Smith out on a cold tuesday night !!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Ali
post Jun 8 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #21

One step forward, two steps back!
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (Mancot Shrew @ Jun 8 2007, 02:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Phil Babb @ Jun 8 2007, 02:36 PM) *

Too right. Shame about the "women" in Shrowsbury, though.

It's an open goal so I may as well tap it over the line, I dare say that won't be a problem for you!!

+Quote Post
Thunderchild
post Jun 8 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 616

It just like Bolton & Wigan grounds.

Only a few places to have something to eat away from the ground, No pubs, railway station now a 25-mile walk.

It's becoming a real shame that football clubs are having to find places away from towns/cities to build a new stadium. But we can't really argue about that, can we. sad.gif

--------------------
WELCOME TO, MONDAY NIGHT ALBATROSS

The Cult of Personality

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Jun 8 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (Thunderchild @ Jun 8 2007, 06:46 PM) *
Only a few places to have something to eat away from the ground, No pubs, railway station now a 25-mile walk.

Slight exaggeration, don't you think?

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Jun 9 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #24

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

Shrewsbury's new ground looks like a cross between the Deva Stadium and the Sixfields Stadium.

With them being such a massive club I thought it would have been modelled on either Old Trafford, Wembley, Nou Camp or the Allianz Arena.

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post Jun 9 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #25

RIP

Because it is an all seater, with 10,000 capacity, the blueprint of the ground is bigger than Sixfields or Deva.

The smaller stands at Sixfields have 10 rows of seats. The smallest stand at Deva can only have about 8 rows of seats surely?

The smallest stand at New Meadow is 16 rows I believe, which makes it 60% larger, if you see my logic, so each of the four sides is the equivalent of three stories high.

The closest equivalent would be a four sided Fitness First Stadium

The reason for the lower capacity of New Meadow is the size of the corporate section, with something like 600 larger seats, open plan terrace bar and 8 executive boxes. Without those the stadium would probably hold 11,000-12,000

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2019 - 11:48 AM