Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's the arrogance, it's the contempt...
3mm
post Jun 14 2019, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Boris Johnson, writing in the Daily Telegraph in 2007...

It's the arrogance. It's the contempt. That's what gets me. It's Gordon Brown's apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It's at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.

They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup

The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people. No one elected Gordon Brown as Prime Minister

Gordon Brown could appease public indignation over that, and secure the democratic mandate he needs, by asking the public to vote at once on him, Let's have an election without delay.

Full article by Boris Johnson, Daily Telegraph, 12:01AM BST 21 Jun 2007

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jun 26 2019, 11:42 AM
Post #2

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

A choice between Johnson or Hunt as PM is like someone asking you what shoes you want them to wear before they kick you in the balls.

I would probably slightly prefer it to be Hunt, simply because nobody likes him and he'd be more likely to lose an election. Boris does somehow manage to maintain something of a populist appeal among Sun-reading types.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 09:42 AM