Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ok, here's a chance to say what exactly do you want.., As regards what League do you want us to play in?
Neil Fishers Big...
post Apr 3 2016, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

Knowing the restraints of the budget, the size of our crowds, the potential pulling power in the area.
Does anybody realistically believe we can support a full-time proffessional club under the current circumstances without going into debt?
In my opinion, we should, for the time being, accept that we are mid-to-lower table in the National League, and are likely to stay that way for a time, at the end of the day it's down to money, and unless ways are found to raise more cash, (and I know there are one two ideas being planned, the car boot etc). we have to accept it, like it or not, we are where we are. cityscarf.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mused
post Apr 3 2016, 02:29 PM
Post #2

1st team captain

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1634

A full time professional club should be our long term goal. As for now I've accepted mid to lower table is fine and is our level. Looking at yesterday's attendances in this division though we were still one of the highest even with the kick off time f**k up.
My problem this season has been just how poor some our performances and individual performances have been. I can't question the younger players in the squad. They have tried their best in tough circumstances. But some of the more experienced members of the squad should hang their heads in shame.
I was delighted when we got Burr but over time i have lost enthusiasm for him. He just comes across as far too casual. And I don't mean I want him to jump up and down on the touch line. I just feel his whole approach is a bit lazy.
We're forever being told about budget. If our budget is so s**t we need a manager who for every hour we pay him, he works double. And I just don't get the feeling we've got that. Though I'm aware im not fully in touch of the facts on that score.
This time last year I was relatively happy with where we were. I genuinely thought we should have finished the season better than we did but there were signs of progression and signs we were building a young squad. I'm not entirely sure where it's gone wrong but it's blatantly obvious we've gone backwards!

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
Freeman of the C...
post Apr 3 2016, 03:02 PM
Post #3

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 3506

Regarding the car boot sales when are they starting?

I asked in the office when collecting tickets and they hadn't even heard about them. They should be running from at least April until October and at say £10 a car and more for vans and trailers £1000 a week is quite realistic.

+Quote Post
Richard
post Apr 3 2016, 03:11 PM
Post #4

1st team regular

Member No.: 3477

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Apr 3 2016, 03:15 PM) *
Knowing the restraints of the budget, the size of our crowds, the potential pulling power in the area.
Does anybody realistically believe we can support a full-time proffessional club under the current circumstances without going into debt?
In my opinion, we should, for the time being, accept that we are mid-to-lower table in the National League, and are likely to stay that way for a time, at the end of the day it's down to money, and unless ways are found to raise more cash, (and I know there are one two ideas being planned, the car boot etc). we have to accept it, like it or not, we are where we are. cityscarf.gif

I'd take another couple of seasons to build a squad at this level if we stay up.
Give Calum a chance to bring some youngsters into contention and into the first team.
Then build some real momentum within the community, explore and utilise every potential revenue stream, give the manager a chance to compete towards the play offs
Longer term, I think we could mount a challenge to be promoted and if we manage to get into the FL again, we could easily stay there and compete with our gates and the central funding. That's the dream anyway. Just hope we can stay up this season or all of the above will be mute

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Apr 3 2016, 03:19 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 11812

How will a car boot sale etc generate funds that we require to go full time. You are right we are never going to make it in the league we are presently in under the current guise. At the season's end whichever league we are in the club needs to take a long hard look at itself and the way it is being run both on and off the field. This appointment of the CEO needs to be the most important since the club reformed. Someone with the club at heart and not in it to feather his/her own nest.

+Quote Post
rimmersring
post Apr 3 2016, 03:20 PM
Post #6

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10799

after about 10 games in...i made my mind up that SB was definitely not going to be the messiah that most expected, and poor replacement for NY...i was slaughtered on here by a few for expressing my view ...look, would Leicester fans have been saying the same thing about their side last season ...its not all down to finance, if we get the right manager in who can put a half decent squad together..we could easily be pushing for the play offs in a couple of seasons time...we just need the right guy in charge..and also crowds will return...finances will be boosted......its not the end of the world...

+Quote Post
andyhubbard
post Apr 3 2016, 03:25 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3436

QUOTE (rimmersring @ Apr 3 2016, 03:20 PM) *
after about 10 games in...i made my mind up that SB was definitely not going to be the messiah that most expected, and poor replacement for NY...i was slaughtered on here by a few for expressing my view ...look, would Leicester fans have been saying the same thing about their side last season ...its not all down to finance, if we get the right manager in who can put a half decent squad together..we could easily be pushing for the play offs in a couple of seasons time...we just need the right guy in charge..and also crowds will return...finances will be boosted......its not the end of the world...

The thing is the crowds ant come if we are below top 10 in any league we play so it's a tough one.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Apr 3 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #8

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

I disagree. I appreciate we have to be realistic, but I don't think we should be battling relegation.

+Quote Post
Buckley Blue
post Apr 3 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #9

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7121

I honestly believe with the current business model we have we will be stuck in the 5th tier of English football forever. It's all about cash unfortunately, bucketfuls of it, and we haven't got any. If this is the case then so be it I'll continue to watch but if we drop a division then that's it for me I'm afraid.

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Apr 3 2016, 03:39 PM
Post #10

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

As a fan owned club we haven't a cat in hells chance of getting in the football league. Apathy rules in Chester and we don't have the fanbase or potential fanbase to support a league club without outside investment.

With our limitations I cannot complain about us being a mid-table team in this league, because realistically I believe that is where we belong. I cannot however accept relegation and despite us not being among the top budgeted teams, our present position is down to sheer bad management.

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Apr 3 2016, 03:46 PM
Post #11

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

QUOTE (Billy W @ Apr 3 2016, 04:39 PM) *
As a fan owned club we haven't a cat in hells chance of getting in the football league. Apathy rules in Chester and we don't have the fanbase or potential fanbase to support a league club without outside investment.

With our limitations I cannot complain about us being a mid-table team in this league, because realistically I believe that is where we belong. I cannot however accept relegation and despite us not being among the top budgeted teams, our present position is down to sheer bad management.

I think that the club has not got the same 'feel' to it as it did when we kicked off in 2010/11. In those days there was a real feelgood factor around the place. There was a real community feel to the club, which sadly seems to be lacking these days.

+Quote Post
chester fan 2015...
post Apr 3 2016, 03:55 PM
Post #12

deva chatter

Member No.: 12120

QUOTE (waggoner @ Apr 3 2016, 03:46 PM) *

I think that the club has not got the same 'feel' to it as it did when we kicked off in 2010/11. In those days there was a real feelgood factor around the place. There was a real community feel to the club, which sadly seems to be lacking these days.

^^ ^^ totally agree with this the feel good factor has long gone

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Apr 3 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #13

Squad player

Member No.: 11919

QUOTE (chester fan 2015/16 @ Apr 3 2016, 03:55 PM) *
QUOTE (waggoner @ Apr 3 2016, 03:46 PM) *

^^ ^^ totally agree with this the feel good factor has long gone

Sorry but we were winning every week we were bound to have a feel good factor, that's what winning does

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Apr 3 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #14

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

QUOTE (Billy W @ Apr 3 2016, 03:39 PM) *

Agree.

+Quote Post
Chaz
post Apr 3 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #15

1st team regular

Member No.: 11811

QUOTE (Derry Blue @ Apr 3 2016, 07:42 PM) *

Agree.

I wouldn't say it is impossible but it's going to take a great manager and a good dose of luck. You have to find the right players at the right time, sometimes it just clicks and if the right manager is steering a group of young, enthusiastic and talented lads then anything can happen. It does seem like a pipe dream the way things are at the moment but hey, we have to believe. We've all seen plenty of ups and downs supporting Chester and one thing we all know, you just never know what's around the corner.

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Apr 3 2016, 07:11 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3547

I think we could sustain ourselves in the Football League under the current ownership model, teams on lower gates than us seem to manage it. Very slim chance of getting there though.

--------------------
Chester City Football Club

+Quote Post
Roy of the Roman...
post Apr 3 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #17

Youth team

Member No.: 5375

The problem for me seems to be one of stability at the top of the club. How many chairmen have we had since we reformed? Every one according to posters of Deva Chat have one way or another been found wanting, is it any wonder that we are in this malaise? I agree with the poster who says that the appointment of the right CEO is essential for future development but above all we must have some consistency at the very top of the club. All IMHO of course.

+Quote Post
Rossett Blue
post Apr 3 2016, 07:37 PM
Post #18

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 553

I want us to play at the highest level possible, but not at the expense of the financial stability of the club.

What else do I want?

A management team that does not constantly refer to the 'budget' after every defeat - if you can't or won't work with the limited budget, then hand over the reins to someone who will.

Players who give everything out on the pitch - Tom Shaw, you have been an embarrassment to the shirt.

A CEO to provide leadership and direction off the pitch, to shake up the commercial operations of the club and to make sustained and successful efforts to rebuild the links with the local community, and in particular to attract the next generation of supporters.

Wherever that takes us, I will be happy.

--------------------
Chester FC, always and forever

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Apr 3 2016, 07:57 PM
Post #19

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (Treeny @ Apr 3 2016, 07:11 PM) *

I think we could sustain ourselves in the Football League under the current ownership model, teams on lower gates than us seem to manage it. Very slim chance of getting there though.

Of course they succeed on lower gates than ours - the difference is they have wealthy owners to make up the shortfall, same as FGR, Eastleigh, Dover etc. As a fan owned club we don't have that luxury.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Apr 3 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10169

QUOTE (Rossett Blue @ Apr 3 2016, 08:37 PM) *
I want us to play at the highest level possible, but not at the expense of the financial stability of the club.

What else do I want?

A management team that does not constantly refer to the 'budget' after every defeat - if you can't or won't work with the limited budget, then hand over the reins to someone who will.

Players who give everything out on the pitch - Tom Shaw, you have been an embarrassment to the shirt.

A CEO to provide leadership and direction off the pitch, to shake up the commercial operations of the club and to make sustained and successful efforts to rebuild the links with the local community, and in particular to attract the next generation of supporters.

I think we need to have a look at the fans owned club just up the road. They dont seem to be doing a bad job.

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Apr 3 2016, 07:59 PM
Post #21

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (Chaz @ Apr 3 2016, 07:06 PM) *
QUOTE (Derry Blue @ Apr 3 2016, 07:42 PM) *

Agree.

I wouldn't say it is impossible but it's going to take a great manager and a good dose of luck. You have to find the right players at the right time, sometimes it just clicks and if the right manager is steering a group of young, enthusiastic and talented lads then anything can happen. It does seem like a pipe dream the way things are at the moment but hey, we have to believe. We've all seen plenty of ups and downs supporting Chester and one thing we all know, you just never know what's around the corner.

.......Usually a bloody big truck coming to knock us down biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Apr 3 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #22

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Apr 3 2016, 07:58 PM) *
QUOTE (Rossett Blue @ Apr 3 2016, 08:37 PM) *

What else do I want?

I think we need to have a look at the fans owned club just up the road. They dont seem to be doing a bad job.

They do seem to have adapted to fan ownership better than us and seem much more professional probably because their WST membership and season ticket sales dwarf our numbers.

+Quote Post
NorwegianBlue
post Apr 4 2016, 10:17 AM
Post #23

Chester til I die

Member No.: 8140

Agree with you on that as they have a wider fan base than us.
Also, they took over an already established club.

We on the other hand are a 'new' club having been in business for only 6 years.
To be in the position we are is truly remarkable.

There are a lot older clubs in football who have had their problems and still do, Stockport County.
Like it or not, FCUM have had the right approach and taken things slowly.
We, due to our initial successes have placed big expectations and goals.

Goals that we are just not ready to aim for.

I think we just have to accept who we are and 'suck it up' for a while.

--------------------
I was there : 27-11-90 The 409 club.
I was there : 31-08-13 The 888 club.
I was there : 22-09-14 The "94th minute" club.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Apr 4 2016, 11:59 AM
Post #24

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (NorwegianBlue @ Apr 4 2016, 11:17 AM) *
Agree with you on that as they have a wider fan base than us.
Also, they took over an already established club.

We on the other hand are a 'new' club having been in business for only 6 years.
To be in the position we are is truly remarkable.

There are a lot older clubs in football who have had their problems and still do, Stockport County.
Like it or not, FCUM have had the right approach and taken things slowly.
We, due to our initial successes have placed big expectations and goals.

Goals that we are just not ready to aim for.

I think we just have to accept who we are and 'suck it up' for a while.

Agreed.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Apr 4 2016, 12:04 PM
Post #25

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

QUOTE (Rossett Blue @ Apr 3 2016, 07:37 PM) *

What else do I want?

Echoes my sentiments to the letter, sir

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2019 - 09:52 AM