Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New chairman ?, Grenville millington
g spot
post Oct 17 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #1

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 9008

Any truth in the rumour than Grenville is our new chairman as that's what I have heard ??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Oct 17 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #2

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 75

QUOTE (g spot @ Oct 17 2014, 12:46 PM) *
Any truth in the rumour than Grenville is our new chairman as that's what I have heard ??

If true, then I'd like to think an official statement would be released sooner rather than later - but who knows?

--------------------

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Oct 17 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #3

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

in that case the club will be in safe hands rolleyes.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Mr. Blonde
post Oct 17 2014, 01:48 PM
Post #4

1st team regular

Member No.: 11510

He's here to SAVE the club...

--------------------

Canadian Exile-c**t.

+Quote Post
poolepirate
post Oct 17 2014, 02:21 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 4623

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Oct 17 2014, 12:49 PM) *

If true, then I'd like to think an official statement would be released sooner rather than later - but who knows?

Why would you expect an offical statement ? you know how bad communication is with the fans (as discussed many times before) it may not be true but these"chinese whispers" normally have some foundation
GM is chester through and through but i wonder does he have the business knowledge / know how to "steer the ship "?
good to see the new newsletter arrive in my in box this morning, its a start in better communication BUT it must contain NEWS not just plugs for our advertising partners(although there is a place for them of course)

we should not have to go to third parties (eg chronicle/ leader) to find out things like
whos doubtful for saturday ?
what news of the youth teams last games ?
what happened at the board meeting ?
what are the numbers in the seals lottery?
the newsletter should be a summary of all things chester during the last week

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Oct 17 2014, 02:51 PM
Post #6

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (poolepirate @ Oct 17 2014, 03:21 PM) *

Why would you expect an offical statement ? you know how bad communication is with the fans (as discussed many times before) it may not be true but these"chinese whispers" normally have some foundation
GM is chester through and through but i wonder does he have the business knowledge / know how to "steer the ship "?
good to see the new newsletter arrive in my in box this morning, its a start in better communication BUT it must contain NEWS not just plugs for our advertising partners(although there is a place for them of course)

we should not have to go to third parties (eg chronicle/ leader) to find out things like

CONFIRMED! Have just spoken to new Chairman. Congratulations Grenville!

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Oct 17 2014, 02:58 PM
Post #7

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

Congratulations Grenville, hope this is the start of a long and successful spell at the helm.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Oct 17 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #8

1st team captain
Group Icon

Why would you expect an offical statement ? you know how bad communication is with the fans (as discussed many times before) it may not be true but these"chinese whispers" normally have some foundationGM is chester through and through but i wonder does he have the business knowledge / know how to "steer the ship "?

If it is true - and I don't know at this moment in time - then I would expect an official statement to be published on something as important as a new Chairman.

The Board in operation before the recent vote for new directors was very threadbare and can be forgiven for some of the lapses in communication to an extent but I voted for people that I believed would take up the communication issue with a high degree of priority and would certainly expect an early communication - if true, of course.

The Chairman's role is an important one and if Grenville is now "in the Chair" he is surrounded by many directors with plenty of business knowledge to support him(including, of course, the outgoing Chairman, Tony Durkin).

Grenville will not be making decisions himself - votes are cast and he ensures that all is fair and proper around the table. He has always commanded great respect from everyone who knows him and that, too, is so important in this role.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Oct 17 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #9

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Oct 17 2014, 04:02 PM) *

Why would you expect an offical statement ? you know how bad communication is with the fans (as discussed many times before) it may not be true but these"chinese whispers" normally have some foundationGM is chester through and through but i wonder does he have the business knowledge / know how to "steer the ship "?

If it is true - and I don't know at this moment in time - then I would expect an official statement to be published on something as important as a new Chairman.

The Board in operation before the recent vote for new directors was very threadbare and can be forgiven for some of the lapses in communication to an extent but I voted for people that I believed would take up the communication issue with a high degree of priority and would certainly expect an early communication - if true, of course.

The Chairman's role is an important one and if Grenville is now "in the Chair" he is surrounded by many directors with plenty of business knowledge to support him(including, of course, the outgoing Chairman, Tony Durkin).

Grenville will not be making decisions himself - votes are cast and he ensures that all is fair and proper around the table. He has always commanded great respect from everyone who knows him and that, too, is so important in this role.

Wow, it took me so long to write my post it's now all over!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Oct 17 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10169

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Oct 17 2014, 04:03 PM) *

Do the members not to get vote on this?

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Oct 17 2014, 03:27 PM
Post #11

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Oct 17 2014, 04:17 PM) *

No. We vote for the Board and it is up to them who to elect as Chairman.

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Oct 17 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #12

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

BACK OF THE NET . cityscarf.gif A LEGEND IN THE CHAIR. bowdown.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Oct 17 2014, 03:33 PM
Post #13

Club Director
Group Icon

If you elect a board as the CFU did,it is the the boards responsibility to elect the Chairman.
Personally,I would like thank Tony for his time as Chairman,especially during difficult times and coming back from a very serious illness.
I think Grenville is an excellent choice,he is passionate about my two aims for the future of the club,Communication and Appriciation.Being an ex-player and a current youth coach,he will be bringing vast experience to both those parts of the club.
He will not mince words when they need to be said,but he is also an excellent listener.Good luck again Grenville,I'm sure you will find plenty of people willing to help you,just get used to answering your telephone a bit more often now! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Oct 17 2014, 03:50 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

From twitter -

Jim Green @jimcgreen ·
Expecting confirmation this evening that Blues legend Grenville Millington has replaced Tony Durkin as #ChesterFC chairman

+Quote Post
the salesman
post Oct 17 2014, 03:52 PM
Post #15

1st team regular

Member No.: 7541

good luck to grenville , but my choice would have been brian burns had we been asked to vote

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Oct 17 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Oct 17 2014, 04:33 PM) *

If you elect a board as the CFU did,it is the the boards responsibility to elect the Chairman.
Personally,I would like thank Tony for his time as Chairman,especially during difficult times and coming back from a very serious illness.
I think Grenville is an excellent choice,he is passionate about my two aims for the future of the club,Communication and Appriciation.Being an ex-player and a current youth coach,he will be bringing vast experience to both those parts of the club.
He will not mince words when they need to be said,but he is also an excellent listener.Good luck again Grenville,I'm sure you will find plenty of people willing to help you,just get used to answering your telephone a bit more often now! biggrin.gif

Thanks for clarifying this, I'm a member but never read the rules etc.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Oct 17 2014, 04:02 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (the salesman @ Oct 17 2014, 04:52 PM) *
good luck to grenville , but my choice would have been brian burns had we been asked to vote

You should be on the board salesman

+Quote Post
life in blue
post Oct 17 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #18

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 6586

If it is true, I for one would like to thank Tony for his time as chairman of Our Club. He has put a lot of good things in place, none more so than on the financial side.You can't please all the people all of the time as the previous Chairman found out.
Thanks again TD.

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Oct 17 2014, 04:20 PM
Post #19

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 174

QUOTE (bluesince72 @ Oct 17 2014, 05:02 PM) *
Good news. Grenville Millington is a CFC legend, best GK I have seen wear a Chester shirt. TD has brought essential business and accounting skills to the board, but a chairman, as the clubs main spokesperson, needs to be a good communicator. I can't think of a better choice for the job than Milly.

Agree with this. For a fans owned club the position of Chairman needs to be occupied by someone who can galvanise and motivate the fans and owners. A very wise move by the board.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
the salesman
post Oct 17 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #20

1st team regular

Member No.: 7541

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Oct 17 2014, 05:02 PM) *
QUOTE (the salesman @ Oct 17 2014, 04:52 PM) *

You should be on the board salesman

and you scott

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Oct 17 2014, 04:41 PM
Post #21

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

I hope the strict financial controls that TD has helped to implement remain in place.

We must ensure that we don't return to whimsically throwing money around without proper accounting. If past mistakes are repeated then the people on here who have tediously moaned about TD recently really will have something to complain about.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Oct 17 2014, 04:44 PM
Post #22

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bambi_CCFC @ Oct 17 2014, 05:41 PM) *
I hope the strict financial controls that TD has helped to implement remain in place.

We must ensure that we don't return to whimsically throwing money around without proper accounting. If past mistakes are repeated then the people on here who have tediously moaned about TD recently really will have something to complain about.

I'm sure that everything Tony implemented will be in safe hands.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Oct 17 2014, 04:44 PM
Post #23

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

Is TD taking up another role at the club ?, if not then I'm worried. Agree that TD left a lot to be desired with the PR, but as business man he's delivered the goods.

Pleased about GM, good choice, but concerned about TD as well.

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Oct 17 2014, 04:44 PM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Oct 17 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #24

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Oct 17 2014, 05:44 PM) *
Is TD taking up another role at the club ?, if not then I'm worried. Agree that TD left a lot to be desired with the PR, but as business man he's delivered the goods.

Pleased about GM, good choice, but concerned about TD as well.

I'd imagine TD will still be on the Operations board (even chair it).

+Quote Post
Ean
post Oct 17 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #25

chester football club supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 2289

citysign.GIF

many congrats to gren , great choice by the board

also many thanks to tony for the long hrs and hard work

--------------------
I'M A FOOL

WHY DON'T YOU BECOME ONE TOO

bugler for the masses
west stand
golf pro to the stars
well nwas anyway

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 06:30 PM