post Nov 9 2011, 09:30 AM
Post #1

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6

Highlights...
Turnover £818K
Profit £107K (Wrexham eat your hearts out)
Tax to pay £24K crying.gif
In bank £96K
Wages £298K

Solid figures there and a good platform to build from.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Greasby Blue
post Nov 9 2011, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1201

When does work start on the extension to the Blues bar

--------------------
Greasby Blue

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 9 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #3

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

QUOTE (Greasby Blue @ Nov 9 2011, 09:59 AM) *

bloody typical!!! soon as we make a profit some p**shead wants to spend it in the pub biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 9 2011, 10:04 AM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

QUOTE (McSeal @ Nov 9 2011, 09:30 AM) *
Highlights...
Turnover £818K
In bank £96K
Wages £298K

not bad for a shower of fools cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Nov 9 2011, 10:47 AM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

Well done everbody, In the words of Mr Grace "youve all done very well"

+Quote Post
boggle1983
post Nov 9 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 5121

Great news for the club! Onwards and Upwards!

+Quote Post
Greasby Blue
post Nov 9 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #7

Squad player

Member No.: 1201

QUOTE (waggoner @ Nov 9 2011, 11:01 AM) *

bloody typical!!! soon as we make a profit some p**shead wants to spend it in the pub biggrin.gif

I remember a previous thread putting forward the view that doing the bar extension while we can afford it was a good idea. Another reason for getting it sorted now is that it will be in place when we need it i.e. bigger crowd with more away fans in higher divisions. The way interest rates are at the moment you might as well spend instead of leaving it in the bank.

What better place for me and the rest of us p**shead to go and celebrate this excellent news. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Greasby Blue

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Nov 9 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #8

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Greasby Blue @ Nov 9 2011, 11:40 AM) *

I remember a previous thread putting forward the view that doing the bar extension while we can afford it was a good idea. Another reason for getting it sorted now is that it will be in place when we need it i.e. bigger crowd with more away fans in higher divisions. The way interest rates are at the moment you might as well spend instead of leaving it in the bank.

What better place for me and the rest of us p**shead to go and celebrate this excellent news. biggrin.gif

Wasn't the extension going to cost about £200K though. Not easy to accomplish when you've only got £96k in the bank.

+Quote Post
Chester Lion
post Nov 9 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1498

I would imagine we are on course to make another similar profit this year, so don't forget that if thats the case, we can pay for the bar extension out of this seasons income as well as the £96k in the bank....

Don't forget if we spend this seasons income before it ever makes us an end of year profit then the advantage is we never pay tax on it so the £24k goes towards the bar instead of to the taxman....

Perhaps we can get a sponsor for the bar to get more towards the cost of it???

--------------------
QUOTE (King Monkey @ Mar 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
I love a good internet argument, much more fun than going out of the house and seeing real people.

"I have enough money to keep this club afloat for the rest of my life, should I wish to do it."

Gone but not forgotten, Stephen Vaughan ROT IN HELL!!!

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Nov 9 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #10

Come On City!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1243

Great news, although for now I would prefer to extend NY's budget for this season than the bar. In any case, the club wouldn't necessarily pay the lot upfront for the extension works.

Shower of foooooools! cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Chester Lion
post Nov 9 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #11

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1498

QUOTE (McSeal @ Nov 9 2011, 09:30 AM) *
Highlights...
Turnover £818K
In bank £96K
Wages £298K

So wages are 36% of turnover....

Also £25k a month or £5700 per week based on a full year or almost £30k a month based on 10 months (assuming June and July off? don't know how it works) and £6700 per week on the same basis.

--------------------
QUOTE (King Monkey @ Mar 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
I love a good internet argument, much more fun than going out of the house and seeing real people.

"I have enough money to keep this club afloat for the rest of my life, should I wish to do it."

Gone but not forgotten, Stephen Vaughan ROT IN HELL!!!

+Quote Post
JMC
post Nov 9 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #12

Squad player

Member No.: 1763

Is there a way of viewing the full accounts? Just being nosey biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Nov 9 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Chester Lion @ Nov 9 2011, 12:20 PM) *

I would imagine we are on course to make another similar profit this year, so don't forget that if thats the case, we can pay for the bar extension out of this seasons income as well as the £96k in the bank....

Don't forget if we spend this seasons income before it ever makes us an end of year profit then the advantage is we never pay tax on it so the £24k goes towards the bar instead of to the taxman....Perhaps we can get a sponsor for the bar to get more towards the cost of it???

Unfortunately you don't get tax relief for building (or extending) property so that wouldn't work.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Nov 9 2011, 01:12 PM
Post #14

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

QUOTE (JMC @ Nov 9 2011, 12:29 PM) *

Id be quite interested to see how much profit has been made from individual areas of the club, gates, programme sales, merchandise sales, food kiosks, the bar, sponsorships, player sales (have we sold any players for a fee?).

+Quote Post
krankie
post Nov 9 2011, 01:18 PM
Post #15

Get Firefox!
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 10

Click the embedded link in the email text.

If you are a CFU member and haven't received an email please email me on campbell [dot] smith [at] chesterfc [dot] com with your name, CFU membership number and email address and I will update our email database and send you a copy.

If you don't know your membership number include your address too please so I can find you.

Cheers.

--------------------
The hopes we had were much too high
Way out of reach but we have to try
No need to hide no need to run
’Cause all the answers come one by one
The game will never be over
Because we’re keeping the dream alive

City Fans United - Working together to keep the dream alive.

+Quote Post
Midnight Rider
post Nov 9 2011, 01:37 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4093

Football fans are amazing. Most of them have not read the company accounts for where they work, yet when it comes to a football club they want to know where every single penny goes.
(Fess up: how many of us know, to the nearest K, how much our own companies spend on wages? I don't, but I now know how much CFC spend on wages).

We're in the black - that's all I need to know.

--------------------
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Teddy Roosevelt.

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Nov 9 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Nov 9 2011, 01:12 PM) *

Id be quite interested to see how much profit has been made from individual areas of the club, gates, programme sales, merchandise sales, food kiosks, the bar, sponsorships, player sales (have we sold any players for a fee?).

From memory (i'm in work and the link to the accounts in the CFU email is on my home pc) the gate money was something like £290K, prog sales £39K (cost of production £30K), bar income £89K (cost of sales £38K) food concession £15K. Don't remember there being any player sales but amount spent on transfer fees was £15K.

A very comprehensive set of accounts with about a dozen different income headings.

The transparency compared to the last lot is unbelievable.

+Quote Post
RichardsFootball...
post Nov 9 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #18

Youth team

Member No.: 6154

It's in there, near the end of the document. From my calculations we've made £9,000 profit from the programme. £8,000 from the club shop. £50,0000 from the bar/resturaunt (this may include the food kiosks)... this isn't including staff wages. Not sure if some catering staff are paid or not. Can't see any sales of players, although there is a £1,900 amortisation cost for Aspin (I guess).

We'll try to sort something out for the fanzine on this, I know just the fellow too...

--------------------

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Nov 9 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #19

Exiled in York

QUOTE (Midnight Rider @ Nov 9 2011, 01:37 PM) *
Football fans are amazing. Most of them have not read the company accounts for where they work, yet when it comes to a football club they want to know where every single penny goes.
(Fess up: how many of us know, to the nearest K, how much our own companies spend on wages? I don't, but I now know how much CFC spend on wages).

In fairness for the companies we work for we are nothing more than employees and we are happy as long as we keep getting paid. CFU members have actually paid their own money to have a say on how the club is run so its perfectly understandable if they want to know how the clubs accounts are doing so they can make an informed decision when it comes to voting on issues at the club.

+Quote Post
RichardsFootball...
post Nov 9 2011, 01:44 PM
Post #20

Youth team

Member No.: 6154

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Nov 9 2011, 01:42 PM) *

In fairness for the companies we work for we are nothing more than employees and we are happy as long as we keep getting paid. CFU members have actually paid their own money to have a say on how the club is run so its perfectly understandable if they want to know how the clubs accounts are doing so they can make an informed decision when it comes to voting on issues at the club.

What Tom said.

One thing I've really been impressed with on the accounts is the variety of income sources we have. If we continue to expand these it will only bode well for the future.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Nov 9 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #21

Exiled in York

QUOTE (RichardsFootballBlog @ Nov 9 2011, 01:42 PM) *

It's in there, near the end of the document. From my calculations we've made £9,000 profit from the programme. £8,000 from the club shop. £50,0000 from the bar/resturaunt (this may include the food kiosks)... this isn't including staff wages. Not sure if some catering staff are paid or not. Can't see any sales of players, although there is a £1,900 amortisation cost for Aspin (I guess).

We'll try to sort something out for the fanzine on this, I know just the fellow too...

Cheers, Ive not had a chance to read the document yet. This laptop isnt compatible with my printer so Ill wait to download it on the desktop PC later.

+Quote Post
Midnight Rider
post Nov 9 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4093

I'm not denying that people have a right to know, but for the life of me I can't fathom why people would want to know! Personally, I didn't want to know that the club made 9K on programmes and don't know and don't care if that should really have been 8K or 10K.

--------------------
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Teddy Roosevelt.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Nov 9 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #23

Exiled in York

QUOTE (Midnight Rider @ Nov 9 2011, 01:48 PM) *

I'm not denying that people have a right to know, but for the life of me I can't fathom why people would want to know! Personally, I didn't want to know that the club made 9K on programmes and don't know and don't care if that should really have been 8K or 10K.

They want to know because it allows them to make informed decisions when it come to CFU votes otherwise they may as well just guess randomly how the best way to run the club is.

+Quote Post
pedro
post Nov 9 2011, 02:01 PM
Post #24

Chester's Drummer

Member No.: 422

I'm glad we're making a profit on programme sales. I always we thought thats where we'd be taking our biggest hit, seeing as though when I was last buying programmes week in week out they were £2.50 back then aswell. And its a top quality programme to boot!!

--------------------
BluesLive Commentator

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Nov 9 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #25

Exiled in York

QUOTE (pedro @ Nov 9 2011, 02:01 PM) *
I'm glad we're making a profit on programme sales. I always we thought thats where we'd be taking our biggest hit, seeing as though when I was last buying programmes week in week out they were £2.50 back then aswell. And its a top quality programme to boot!!

Does the programme profits include the income from adverts as well as sales or does advertising count as a separate income source?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 03:22 PM