Total Votes: 1
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Oct 11 2019, 06:28 AM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

We are finally back in action tomorrow as we will make the lengthy journey to Norfolk to play King’s Lynn Town away where we look to win our first match in four. After a two week break our batteries should be re-charged as we have a series of tough matches coming up which will define what direction we will be heading in. On the injury front we have a fully fit squad (with the exception of Scott Burton who has damaged his ribs), so it’s now important we keep as many of our players fit as possible ahead of a busy upcoming schedule.

Our last match was two weeks ago where we drew 3-3 at home against Leamington in what was a surprisingly poor affair for a clash that contained a lot of goals. We struggled to get a real foothold into the game in the first half, and it was Josh March who scored the opener for Leamington as he found the net from the near post. However, James Jones netted a bullet header for us to make it 1-1 on the back of an excellent Joel Taylor corner. Our second half display was a tad better as we had a nice spell towards the end, but right at the start of the half George Glendon fired home from far out to make it 2-1 to us. Meanwhile, Jack Edwards headed in for Leamington to make it 2-2, whilst Kaiman Anderson latched onto a loose ball to make it 3-2 to Leamington. There was drama right at the end though, as Matty Waters found the target for us with an impressive free kick to make it 3-3.

King’s Lynn Town have endured a blistering start to the new season as they currently sit one place and one point below us. Last season The Linnets won promotion from the BetVictor Southern Premier League Central following a surprise win at Warrington Town in the super play-off final, which means that this will be our first ever match against them. They have certainly been the surprise package as many people tipped them to struggle, but well-known forwards such as Michael Gash and Adam Marriott have contributed to their excellent start. Our opponents have certainly made The Walks a fortress as they haven’t lost a home fixture since September last year, so if we are to come home with the spoils then we must be on our game.

One advantage we can take into this match is that we have had an extra week to prepare, so hopefully that will help us to get a result. It’s not often I predict us to be involved in a high-scoring game, but I am going to stick my neck out and say that there will be a lot of goals tomorrow, as both sides have been scoring on a regular basis this season. Our boys will certainly have a strong support behind them as there will be three buses going (two coaches and a minibus) plus many more, which is fantastic considering this will be our only Southern trip. I haven’t stopped thinking about this all week. Up The Seals!

Score: King’s Lynn Town (Gash, Marriott) 2-3 Chester FC (Dudley, Asante, Grand)

Attendance: 1,397 (316 Chester FC)

My predicted lineup:
Griffiths
K.Roberts Livesey Grand Taylor
Jackson Stopforth Glendon
Dudley Asante Hughes

COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Oct 11 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #2

Rio Doherty

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/cgQgqXH8yzM
Includes the latest blues news, what happened the last time we were in action, plus loads more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Oct 12 2019, 05:52 PM
Post #3

Rio Doherty

In general this clash was a brilliant advert for the National League North as the second half in particular was very end-to-end. Both sides were attack-minded which made for an entertaining spectacle, and from an overall view I believe that a draw is a fair reflection of the game. It is a shame that we couldn’t keep our lead intact, but at the start of the day I would have been really pleased with a point. King’s Lynn Town haven’t lost a home match for over a year, and we can count ourselves unlucky to not have broken that streak.

Our first half performance was decent, but we got off to the worst possible start as Adam Marriott latched on a Russ Griffiths gift to make it 1-0 to King’s Lynn Town after just two minutes. Griffiths attempted to play the ball out from the back, but his kick found Marriott who easily slotted in. The hosts went close to doubling their advantage, but thankfully a Rory McAuley header from close range went wide. King’s Lynn’s early pressure died down which enabled us to come into the game. Joel Taylor started out our attacks, we kept the possession well, but on the downside we didn’t have that extra nous to go that extra mile. Our first chance of the half went to Brad Jackson who fired over quite convincingly, whilst at the other end Marriott also lashed an effort miles over. We moved the ball around really well, but our only downfall was that we left too much space when King’s Lynn went on the attack which caused us problems. Our only other chance of the period went to Danny Livesey whose header was straight at Alex Street, although really he should have found the net from that type of range. We did show some promising signs in the first half, but that wasn’t enough as we trudged off into the interval a goal down.

The second half was much more entertaining on an overall scale, as both outfits had plenty of possession and chances. One thing I noticed in particular was that the referee was much more in favour of us as he had a terrible first half. We came out of the blocks much quicker, and that rewarded us as Simon Grand turned in a Matty Hughes ball for us to make it 1-1. All of a sudden that goal gave us momentum as we dug in even deeper to go in front. Just seven minutes after Grand found the net, we made it 2-1 as Akwasi Asante stabbed in at the back post following a great delivery from Brad Jackson. Both on the pitch and in the stands this clash turned into a energetic, full-blooded affair as the hosts had a five minute spell where they were constantly in our half, whilst the atmosphere was lively between both sets of supporters. King’s Lynn Town threw everything at us, and unfortunately Adam Marriott scores for them to make it 2-2 by scoring his second of the day. There was pinball in the penalty box, and eventually Marriott found a bit of space to fire past Russ Griffiths. Just a few moments later he went close to finding his hat trick as his effort went wide. That would have been all! The final 10 minutes was less one-sided as we had a few good spells that could have carved out a winner. Deep into added time Danny Elliott couldn’t keep his composure as he blazed over, and that turned out to be our final chance. Neither side couldn’t find the winner so the spoils are shared.

My man of the match for this afternoon goes to George Glendon who was a maestro in midfield once again. He made some brilliant passes to the likes of Brad Jackson out wide that stretched King’s Lynn out, and as a result that enabled us to get more crosses in. Brad Jackson was excellent too as he made some storming runs with the ball which caused the hosts havoc. He also assisted Akwasi’s goal as his inch-perfect ball found the big man to fire home at the back post. Joel Taylor was excellent as usual because just like Jackson, his runs forward supported our attack and pushed us up as a unit. Simon Grand put in a good shift at the back as he won a lot of aerial duels, and did his best to deal with the strong partnership of Adam Marriott and Michael Gash. He also netted our equaliser which certainly made up for his mis-kick in the first half. Anthony Dudley did well today too as he linked up quite well with Asante and Matty Hughes, and he found a lot of space as well.

We will endure another long journey next week as we will make the trip up to the North East to play Blyth Spartans away next Saturday. They have won their last two league games so will be up for a fight, although I watched them in the cup last week against Hednesford Town where they were toothless. To keep up with York City we have to be putting three points on the board which will boost our confidence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Oct 13 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #4

Rio Doherty

My match vlog:
https://youtu.be/O1mAiDkDt9k

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2019 - 06:17 PM