Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Aug 24 2019, 06:59 AM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

We are back on the road today as we will make the trip to Worcestershire to play Kidderminster Harriers away where we will look to record our first away win of the season. This will be another tough one today despite Kidderminster Harriers having a very up and down start so far. We never do well at Aggborough, but inside I really do feel that we can do them today. Our players are more than capable of beating any side in this league, and in my opinion we are playing Kiddy at the right time as they are struggling to find their feet - especially at home where they have only picked up a solitary point.

Last Saturday we romped to a 4-0 win at home against Gloucester City which will give us plenty of confidence. We have been wanting a 90 minute performance for a long time, and it’s fair to say that we delivered last week as we were on top throughout. For the first time this season we have had a full week to prepare for a match, and with our squad now fully fit we have plenty of options to choose from.

Kidderminster Harriers have had an inconsistent start thus far as they started off with a few disappointing results by drawing 2-2 against Leamington on the opening day, and throwing away a 2 goal lead to lose 3-2 against Gloucester City. Meanwhile, our opponents bounced back last week by beating a decent Curzon Ashton side 1-0 away, so they will have some confidence. During the Summer Kiddy undergone a change of management as former Chesterfield Academy manager John Pemberton took over to take on his first managerial gig. Over the past few weeks their has been some news off the pitch, as today’s opposition are currently undergoing a change in ownership due to a section of their supporters being disgruntled with Colin Gordon.

All in all we have been very solid so far so hopefully we can buck the trend today. Although it would be great to come home with a point, we really need to start going for all 3 to cement our place in the top 7. Kidderminster have a nice flat pitch so there are no excuses for us today. On my two visits to Aggborough the food has been the highlight of the day as we have put in 2 inept performances, although I will be hoping that our display will be the highlight this afternoon. Up The Seals!

Score: Kidderminster Harriers 0-1 Chester FC (Waring)
Attendance: 1,749 (425 Chester FC)

My predicted lineup:
Griffiths
K.Roberts Livesey Grand Taylor
Jackson G.Roberts Stopforth
Murray
Asante Waring

COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Aug 24 2019, 08:04 AM
Post #2

Rio Doherty

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/GxbA3YPd0B8
Includes all of the latest blues news, our head-to-head record against Kiddy, plus loads more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Aug 24 2019, 08:06 AM
Post #3

Rio Doherty

Also, here is a video of myself reacting to my GCSE results on Thursday (incase you are interested):
https://youtu.be/aqLSoabbkgg

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 24 2019, 12:27 PM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Rio Doherty @ Aug 24 2019, 09:06 AM) *
Also, here is a video of myself reacting to my GCSE results on Thursday (incase you are interested):

9 out of 9 passes, brilliant!

WELL DONE RIO bowdown.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Aug 24 2019, 05:18 PM
Post #5

Rio Doherty

QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 24 2019, 01:27 PM) *
QUOTE (Rio Doherty @ Aug 24 2019, 09:06 AM) *

9 out of 9 passes, brilliant!

WELL DONE RIO bowdown.gif

Thank you Jon biggrin.gif cityscarf.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Aug 24 2019, 05:20 PM
Post #6

Rio Doherty

Definitely our best away performance in quite some time. Given our poor record at Aggborough and Kidderminster’s hit and miss start it was never going to be straightforward for us today, but we delivered once again to come home with a fabulous victory. We should have won by a few more as we missed a few chances from close range, and we received a huge let-off as Ed Chambers missed an open goal, but there’s nothing anyone can do about it now. Kidderminster weren’t a bad side as they had some good spells in the second half, but we defended resolutely to stave off any threat. What has impressed me most overall is that defensively we have been very stubborn, and at the same time we score goals at the other end which are key attributes for a promotion-chasing team. Today’s result preserves our unbeaten start, and we are STILL yet to concede an opposing goal from open play.

We were by far the better side in the first period as we started off on the front foot and had lots of possession. Whenever Kiddy had the ball we pressed them which caused them to panic, and that is what has been one of our strong points so far this season. Our opponents had the opening chance of the game as a speculative Milan Butterfield shot went over. Just after that Anthony Dudley should have put us ahead as his attempt from a few yards out somehow went wide. At the other end Russ Griffiths produced an excellent one-on-one save to deny Ed Williams who was almost through on goal. Kiddy went close once again as a long range attempt from Sam Austin was caught by Griffiths, whilst a Gary Roberts free kick brought Cameron Gregory into action. Just moments later we went very close once again as a Kevin Roberts cross was unable to find anybody, hence it went across the face of goal. Our dominance paid off as Matty Hughes finished off a brilliant move to make it 1-0 as he slotted home into the far corner. For the final 10 minutes of the half Kiddy started to come into this contest, but in both defence and midfield we battled well to stave off any threat. We headed into the interval on the back of an excellent showing which reaped its rewards.

The second half was a bit more even as Kidderminster had more of the ball than they did beforehand, but once again we worked well as a unit to preserve our clean sheet. Ed Williams forced Russ Griffiths to pull off a low save with the opening attack of the half. At the other end Matty Hughes wasn’t too far off from getting his brace as he performed a looping backwards header which went onto the roof of the net. Our opponents still tried to go at us as Griffiths made a strong stop to deny Correy Davidson. Meanwhile, we had two chances to put the game to bed as firstly Brad Jackson fired wide, before an Anthony Dudley effort found the side netting. The latter had another opportunity before the end as he was unable to dispatch past Gregory. We received a huge let-off with minutes to go as a Russ Griffiths clearance ricocheted off Williams, who somehow missed an open goal from a couple of yards out. That bit of luck eventually paid off as we held on to secure our first away win of the campaign.

Just like last weekend, my man of the match for today goes to Matty Hughes who bagged his first goal since returning. Due to him now being fully fit, his energy gave us a big boost as he pressed Kidderminster’s backline really well to cause them problems. He was the focal point in a lot of our attacks as he found lots of space, and of course he finished superbly to score the match-winner. George Waring was effective as usual as he won a lot of headers and held the ball up well once again. At the back Russ Griffiths had another strong display as he made some good saves which resulted in him earning his second consecutive clean sheet. His time-wasting tactic worked well too 😛. At the back both Danny Livesey and Simon Grand had strong games as they won plenty of headers, and restricted Kidderminster from taking chances. Kevin Roberts was brilliant too as he stopped the crosses from going in, and going forward he was quick and made some good deliveries too. In midfield Gary Stopforth covered plenty of ground by breaking up the play, and so did Gary Roberts who crafted some really nice balls and was combative in the middle. Lastly, Brad Jackson was superb once again as Kidderminster couldn’t keep up with him at times, and he was very good on the right.

We certainly are making a promising start to the new season, and considering we are still undefeated in a very tough month bodes well. Hereford FC come to town on Monday which should make for a huge game as both sides have got off to positive starts. We have got to be getting at least 2,500 for this one as Hereford will take around 700, and today’s result should encourage more of our supporters to come. Our atmosphere was fantastic in the away end today, and if we are to be challenging for the top 3 then we need to have a strong backing every week.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Aug 25 2019, 03:32 PM
Post #7

Rio Doherty

My match vlog:
https://youtu.be/-NLh3ORJy08
Hope you enjoy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2019 - 05:28 PM