> Badge Help, Some help would be appreciated
MMc
post May 30 2016, 12:50 PM
Post #1

1st team sub

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 10870

Hi all,

I'm going to the euros in a few weeks time, and I am looking at getting a stadium flag made. (For Chester of course!) The four white corners of the England flag will be filled with logos. I already have our current badge, and last badge in good quality. I'm really struggling to find a decent image of the seals logo from the 70's/80's to complete the flag. There is only a couple to choose from on google and these are either blurred, or have text written across them. If anyone on here has a good electronic copy of that badge, then a PM would be greatly appreciated!

MMc

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NWAS
post May 30 2016, 03:41 PM
Post #2

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (MMc @ May 30 2016, 01:50 PM) *
Hi all,

I'm going to the euros in a few weeks time, and I am looking at getting a stadium flag made. (For Chester of course!) The four white corners of the England flag will be filled with logos. I already have our current badge, and last badge in good quality. I'm really struggling to find a decent image of the seals logo from the 70's/80's to complete the flag. There is only a couple to choose from on google and these are either blurred, or have text written across them. If anyone on here has a good electronic copy of that badge, then a PM would be greatly appreciated!

MMc

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Mr W
post May 30 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 677

Hi all,

MMc

Only found the same badges online that presumably you've seen. I do remember the Seals Podcast made a version of the Seals badge for their show. Perhaps whoever did that could do a hi-res version of the original for you to use?
Seals Podcast

--------------------
Sup Ale, watch Togger.
Chester & South Clwyd Campaign for Real Ale
CAMRA branch Twitter feed for all local pub news

First game: Chester 0 Blackpool 2, 9th November 1983.

+Quote Post
tattoo
post May 30 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #4

Squad player

Member No.: 391

QUOTE (Mr W @ May 30 2016, 04:43 PM) *
Hi all,

MMc

Only found the same badges online that presumably you've seen. I do remember the Seals Podcast made a version of the Seals badge for their show. Perhaps whoever did that could do a hi-res version of the original for you to use?
Seals Podcast

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/...4/chesterFC.jpg

Try this one, hope to see you in Lens.

englandsign.gif

This post has been edited by tattoo: May 30 2016, 06:32 PM

--------------------
THE FUTURE IS BLUE THE FUTURE IS C.F.U.

+Quote Post
MMc
post May 31 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #5

1st team sub

Thanks for all the responses guys! I managed to find this thread from 2010 (http://www.devachat.com/index.php?showtopic=60649) Which basically asked the same question. The link which Saltney Blue posted sadly no longer works, and by the sounds of things, is just what I was after. He has also misplaced the original, so I'm reliant on Greeny (The guy who originally wanted it) that he may still have it somewhere? (A long shot I know). Failing that Wrexham Blue has kindly edited out the writing on my original post, which will hopefully look just as good cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Mr W
post May 31 2016, 05:07 PM
Post #6

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 677

PM sent

--------------------
Sup Ale, watch Togger.
Chester & South Clwyd Campaign for Real Ale
CAMRA branch Twitter feed for all local pub news

First game: Chester 0 Blackpool 2, 9th November 1983.

+Quote Post
Martinblue
post May 31 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #7

Squad player

Member No.: 11457

Daft question but have you googled chester fc old badge

+Quote Post
Martinblue
post May 31 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #8

Squad player

Member No.: 11457

QUOTE (Martinblue @ May 31 2016, 06:21 PM) *

https://goo.gl/photos/1K97XpQJEWxgmJVc7

+Quote Post
Wrexham Blue
post May 31 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #9

Behind Enemy Lines
Group Icon

Member No.: 102

QUOTE (MMc @ May 31 2016, 04:59 PM) *
Thanks for all the responses guys! I managed to find this thread from 2010 (http://www.devachat.com/index.php?showtopic=60649) Which basically asked the same question. The link which Saltney Blue posted sadly no longer works, and by the sounds of things, is just what I was after. He has also misplaced the original, so I'm reliant on Greeny (The guy who originally wanted it) that he may still have it somewhere? (A long shot I know). Failing that Wrexham Blue has kindly edited out the writing on my original post, which will hopefully look just as good cityscarf.gif

I will email it to you later, still stuck in the ticket office at the mo,
mrs WB in a meeting crying.gif

+Quote Post
MMc
post May 31 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #10

1st team sub

QUOTE (Wrexham Blue @ May 31 2016, 06:51 PM) *
QUOTE (MMc @ May 31 2016, 04:59 PM) *

I will email it to you later, still stuck in the ticket office at the mo,
mrs WB in a meeting crying.gif

No worries smile.gif I won't be submitting my design until tomorrow, so don't rush wink.gif

+Quote Post
MMc
post May 31 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #11

1st team sub

Thanks for all the help to the people who have responded to me. The flag will hopefully be appearing at the deva next season, and on my away days too. It's looking likely that the flag will only appear at the quarter final for the England matches. (If we are to get that far that is!) I'll try and hang it somewhere prominent, so it will be on TV to look out for in the stadium flag panning shots.

All the best, and thanks

MMc

citysign.GIF

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post May 31 2016, 08:05 PM
Post #12

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (MMc @ May 31 2016, 08:22 PM) *
Thanks for all the help to the people who have responded to me. The flag will hopefully be appearing at the deva next season, and on my away days too. It's looking likely that the flag will only appear at the quarter final for the England matches. (If we are to get that far that is!) I'll try and hang it somewhere prominent, so it will be on TV to look out for in the stadium flag panning shots.

All the best, and thanks

MMc

citysign.GIF

Stick it behind Joe Harts goal, we will get e few good glimpses of it there

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Jun 1 2016, 03:10 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 42

QUOTE (Martinblue @ May 31 2016, 06:26 PM) *
QUOTE (Martinblue @ May 31 2016, 06:21 PM) *

https://goo.gl/photos/1K97XpQJEWxgmJVc7

I've still got one of them!

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>COME ON YOU BLUES! </span>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 12:06 PM