Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Youngie for manager, If we are in the National league North next season
Fathead The Glad...
post Mar 13 2018, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1749

Can think of no better choice. Knows the leagues at that level and below. Proven success at that level. Discuss.

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Mar 13 2018, 12:51 PM
Post #2

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (Fathead The Gladiator @ Mar 13 2018, 09:37 PM) *
Can think of no better choice. Knows the leagues at that level and below. Proven success at that level. Discuss.

The problem would be that if he was appointed that he wouldn't have the same amount of money as he had before when he was so successful. Our gates will in all likelihood be down next season until successes on the pitch are once again occurring on a regular basis and a happiness factor is once again around the club.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Mar 13 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #3

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (Fathead The Gladiator @ Mar 13 2018, 09:37 PM) *

The problem would be that if he was appointed that he wouldn't have the same amount of money as he had before when he was so successful. Our gates will in all likelihood be down next season until successes on the pitch are once again occurring on a regular basis and a happiness factor is once again around the club.

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Mar 13 2018, 01:42 PM
Post #4

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Doubt if NY would want it unless fully part-time (as he still has his MR job I presume), and that is if he is still interested in managing rather than simply scouting.
If Bignot stays I guess we'll attempt to remain full-time (or the 3-mornings version of it), even with a much reduced budget.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Mar 13 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Mar 13 2018, 01:42 PM) *
Doubt if NY would want it unless fully part-time (as he still has his MR job I presume), and that is if he is still interested in managing rather than simply scouting.
If Bignot stays I guess we'll attempt to remain full-time (or the 3-mornings version of it), even with a much reduced budget.

He Should never have been sacked, its been all downhill since he left, and what a dissapointment Bignot has turned out to be,
if your going to make a statement in the chronicle about how you will transform the club, you better live up to your own bragging rights, as the old saying goes I've heared Ducks fart before
The team that won the conference North was a far better team than any we have ever had since coming up, and if we have had any chance of keeping that team together for another year we may have gone up again. A lot of part time players in the lower leagues are much better players than the full time players in the conference, and there is a reason for this.
I don't know the exact figures but a perfect example would be George Horan. As an electrician I would guess he may be earning 500-600 quid a week, plus maybe £ 300 a week as a part time footballer. To give up his job and become a full time footballer, Chester would have to pay him at least £ 1200 per week, hence my theory that there are better players at the lower levels for financial reasons

Attendances Someone has mentioned lack of attendance is effecting our budget, this has obviously got us in the position we are today, and that in itself is the whole problem with our club and yet the answere to this problem is so obvious.

The problem is this, as a fan owned club we rely too much on attendance money, and so if things start going wrong on the pitch, then financial problems appear off the pitch due to falling attndances. Clearly we cannot carry on as a fan owned club relying on attendances it just doesn't work.
So whats the solution ? Simple we have to employ a good salesman, somebody whos willing to knock on the door of every business in the Chester and surrounding areas and brimg in sponsorship, advertisement income, someone who can design a package to suit every pockit and who is prepared to go out there on the knocker if need be and drag every available penny in from the many many businesses we have in the area. Now you can give them a posh title, usually commercial manager, but there job should be sales and nothing else, and the right person should be given a good commission for every penny brought in
If you can make our commercial income our mainstream income with our attendance money the icing, then we may have a chance of being successful as a fan owned club

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Mar 13 2018, 07:16 PM
Post #6

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

No.

Neil Young was a fantastic servant to the club and our most successful manager. However his stints at both Stockport and Altrincham for me show why he shouldn't be given the job. In addition he has publicly stated his retirement from football management.

We need to look forward, not backwards. I really don't get some of our supporters and their desire to constantly go back to re-sign old players or reappoint old managers.

We need to move forwards as a football club both on and off the field. We won't do that by bringing former players back or former managers.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Mar 14 2018, 08:47 AM
Post #7

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Mar 13 2018, 07:16 PM) *
No.

Neil Young was a fantastic servant to the club and our most successful manager. However his stints at both Stockport and Altrincham for me show why he shouldn't be given the job. In addition he has publicly stated his retirement from football management.

We need to look forward, not backwards. I really don't get some of our supporters and their desire to constantly go back to re-sign old players or reappoint old managers.

We need to move forwards as a football club both on and off the field. We won't do that by bringing former players back or former managers.

have to agree, its rare that players/managers come back and are successful, very rare

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post Mar 14 2018, 12:58 PM
Post #8

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5322

Big No from me!! ,If Chester FC going forward want to be football league team again they need a professional manager who has contacts in the game locally and nationally.

However If the ambition is to be a amateur club in the part time leagues then employ a manager of that ilk.

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Mar 14 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #9

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (dr jekyll @ Mar 14 2018, 12:58 PM) *
Big No from me!! ,If Chester FC going forward want to be football league team again they need a professional manager who has contacts in the game locally and nationally.

However If the ambition is to be a amateur club in the part time leagues then employ a manager of that ilk.

I see your point, but certain managers are good at certain levels, so have to disagree,
if we go down we will need a manager who knows lower level football, which will probably be a part time manager managing part time players

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Mar 14 2018, 05:44 PM
Post #10

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (dr jekyll @ Mar 14 2018, 12:58 PM) *

We need a manager who has contacts and an encyclopedic knowledge of footballers based locally and in our region. Recruitment will be NW Based so that, you can expect, will be what we will be looking for from whoever our manager is next year. The reason being, it's a lot cheaper in expenses and also our supporters bond far better with the local lads (as proven in those initial seasons).

I don't want to see us bringing in any big time Charlie's as management. I would like to see us bring a talented manager from lower down the pyramid or from our level who has a track record for development of the youth, growing a fan base and winning football matches.

That sounds like someone who doesn't exist but I can tell you now they do, and he's managing a club just up the M56

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Mar 15 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #11

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Well, like it or not, he's back biggrin.gif

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Mar 15 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #12

Squad player

Member No.: 11919

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Mar 15 2018, 05:30 PM) *

Could turn out a very clever move by Bignot if we have a upturn in results and Neil is happy to stay on pastime would the fan base be happy for that to carry on for next season

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Mar 15 2018, 05:48 PM
Post #13

Squad player

Member No.: 11919

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Mar 15 2018, 05:30 PM) *

Could turn out a very clever move by Bignot if we have a upturn in results and Neil is happy to stay on partime would the fan base be happy for that to carry on for next season

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st June 2018 - 12:30 AM