Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trampmere v Chester predictions?
waggoner
post Nov 11 2016, 08:51 AM
Post #1

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3538

Seeing nobody has started one yet, i will. A tricky one this is, based on which 'Chester' turn up. IF we play as we can then i think it will be a 0-0 or maybe sneak a 1-0 win.
HOWEVER, it the other 'Chester' turn up i think we will get thumped 3-0
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Nov 11 2016, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (waggoner @ Nov 11 2016, 08:51 AM) *
Seeing nobody has started one yet, i will. A tricky one this is, based on which 'Chester' turn up. IF we play as we can then i think it will be a 0-0 or maybe sneak a 1-0 win.
HOWEVER, it the other 'Chester' turn up i think we will get thumped 3-0

I think it depends on whether Sam Hughes returns to partner Ryan in centre of defence. If he plays at right back again I can see another heavy defeat.

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Nov 11 2016, 09:17 AM
Post #3

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

Need Roberts, Vassell and Astles fit for this one. The strongest wall built in Chester since the Romans had a go.

Key player in this one is going to Alabi. If he has a good game the fat lad in defence for Tranmere will struggle. No hoofball please.

I think 1 - 1.

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
TRFC4ever
post Nov 11 2016, 09:31 AM
Post #4

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 5590

Trampmere !! Oh how amusing that is. Bet it took you hours to think that one up

If you expecting to see the Tranmere you have seen on TV this season you might in for a shock. That was Brabin`s Tranmere not Mellon`s. We are improving game by game. The attacking options have been increased with the signings over the last week or so and our defence has conceded the least number of goals in the league. We are missing Norwood, both Jennings`s and Maynard (who is away on international duty...again) and are somewhat limited in the middle of the park with only Hughes and Harris of the seniors available so Mitch Duggan will probably be on the bench. So we expect this lineup

Davies
Vaughan, Sutton, McNulty, Ridehalgh
Dawson, Harris, Hughes, Tollett
Mangan, Cook

with Turner, Ihiekwe, Stephenson, Kirkby and Duggan on the bench

I`m expecting a better performance from your guys this season than last, when quite frankly you were woeful at place, but I still think we will have too much for you and I can see us winning 2-0, or if we get a quick one even 3-0. Watch out for Ben Tollett. He can be a real match winner. Just ask Dover what he did to them last time out.

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 11 2016, 09:33 AM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Arrogant Blue @ Nov 11 2016, 09:17 AM) *
Need Roberts, Vassell and Astles fit for this one. The strongest wall built in Chester since the Romans had a go.

Key player in this one is going to Alabi. If he has a good game the fat lad in defence for Tranmere will struggle. No hoofball please.

I think 1 - 1.

Yes we need to target mcnulty. He struggles against pace.

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Nov 11 2016, 09:39 AM
Post #6

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

QUOTE (TRFC4ever @ Nov 11 2016, 09:31 AM) *

If you expecting to see the Tranmere you have seen on TV this season you might in for a shock. That was Brabin`s Tranmere not Mellon`s. We are improving game by game. The attacking options have been increased with the signings over the last week or so and our defence has conceded the least number of goals in the league. We are missing Norwood, both Jennings`s and Maynard (who is away on international duty...again) and are somewhat limited in the middle of the park with only Hughes and Harris of the seniors available so Mitch Duggan will probably be on the bench. So we expect this lineup

Davies
Mangan, Cook

I`m expecting a better performance from your guys this season than last, when quite frankly you were woeful at place, but I still think we will have too much for you and I can see us winning 2-0, or if we get a quick one even 3-0. Watch out for Ben Tollett. He can be a real match winner. Just ask Dover what he did to them last time out.

That team doesn't really strike any Chester fan with fear. I'd say FGR and Lincoln have more match winners than that.

I'd have also expected a better line up given the money that has been thrown at the playing squad by Tranmere. Mangan was a good signing but has he had much game time at Shrewsbury?

Shame Norwood isn't playing. Can he play football, can he ****!

In theory Tranmere should beat Chester given the differential in playing budgets. However, all Chester fans appreciate that the club has to live within it's means and not go throwing money around which we don't have. Will be interesting to see what happens to Tranmere if they don't go up this season!

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
TRFC4ever
post Nov 11 2016, 10:43 AM
Post #7

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 5590

QUOTE (Arrogant Blue @ Nov 11 2016, 09:39 AM) *

Davies
Mangan, Cook

That team doesn't really strike any Chester fan with fear. I'd say FGR and Lincoln have more match winners than that.

I'd have also expected a better line up given the money that has been thrown at the playing squad by Tranmere. Mangan was a good signing but has he had much game time at Shrewsbury?

In theory Tranmere should beat Chester given the differential in playing budgets. However, all Chester fans appreciate that the club has to live within it's means and not go throwing money around which we don't have. Will be interesting to see what happens to Tranmere if they don't go up this season!

We are not FGR or Lincoln in that respect. Our chairman knows what he is doing and we are far from throwing money we haven`t got around. We made over 200k from a pre season friendly against Liverpool for example all of which was added to the player budget and supposedly we still have money available from our original budget to further improve the squad. Mellon has already stated he is looking at more players to bring in. As for your comments about Norwood he is better than anybody you have. And may I point out that at the Deva last season McNulty weighted an extra 13 stone or so as he had Alabi in his back pocket all game the same as he had Miller, a far better player than your guy, from Dover 2 weeks ago.

This post has been edited by TRFC4ever: Nov 11 2016, 10:55 AM

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 11 2016, 10:58 AM
Post #8

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (TRFC4ever @ Nov 11 2016, 10:43 AM) *
QUOTE (Arrogant Blue @ Nov 11 2016, 09:39 AM) *

Davies
Mangan, Cook

We are not FGR or Lincoln in that respect. Our chairman knows what he is doing and we are far from thorwing money we haven`t got around. We made over 200k from a pre seeason friendly against Liverpool for example all of which was added to the player budget and supposedly we still have money available from our original budget to further i mprove the squad. As for your comments about Norwood he is better than anybody you have. And may I point out that at the Deva last season McNulty weighted an extra 13 stone or so as he had Alabi in his back pocket all game

We are a very different team from last season. Then we were in a relegation scrap, this season we are much more organised more solid at the back and with genuine pace throughout the team. As for the 200k you say you put into the playing budget? well clubs like Forest green can find that down the sofa. There are teams better than you in this league, and plenty AT LEAST as good. Like someone said earlier in this thread, if you fail to go up this season it will be much harder from next onwards. Parachute payments gone ect

+Quote Post
paddy seal
post Nov 11 2016, 11:02 AM
Post #9

1st team regular

Member No.: 4209

The 50 will be bombing up the 41 for this one.

--------------------
people who wear glasses shouldnt live in green houses

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Nov 11 2016, 11:55 AM
Post #10

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

Roberts wont be playing which I feel is a bit of a blow for us, Hughes must play in the centre, think Tranmere might get a bit of a shock tomorrow, I'm going for a shock 3-1 to Chester roared on with 1289 travelling supporters.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 11 2016, 12:06 PM
Post #11

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

Watch out for Ben Tollett.

We'll try and keep a lid on him! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Nov 11 2016, 01:12 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Nov 11 2016, 11:55 AM) *
Roberts wont be playing which I feel is a bit of a blow for us, Hughes must play in the centre, think Tranmere might get a bit of a shock tomorrow, I'm going for a shock 3-1 to Chester roared on with 1289 travelling supporters.

Disappointed to hear that Roberts is still injured. The rookie GK looked well below what is required and needs to improve significantly. I think we'll do well to concede only 3. Whether we score any is another question. Elliot Durrell is talking a good game in the Chester Standard. I wish I shared his confidence.

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Nov 11 2016, 01:24 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

QUOTE (XWWB @ Nov 11 2016, 12:06 PM) *
Watch out for Ben Tollett.

We'll try and keep a lid on him! biggrin.gif

I don't think crowd abuse will affect this lad either, heard he can take a lot of sh*t biggrin.gif guiness.gif

+Quote Post
CCFC89
post Nov 11 2016, 02:03 PM
Post #14

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3575

QUOTE (TRFC4ever @ Nov 11 2016, 10:31 AM) *

Davies
Mangan, Cook

Dread to think what your wage budget must be, no promotion this year you'll stagnate in this league just like Wrexham. cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Blueblister
post Nov 11 2016, 02:35 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3554

Sold 700 tickets so far. Hoping for a good game and a performance we can be proud of (unlike last season)

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Nov 11 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3547

QUOTE (Blueblister @ Nov 11 2016, 02:35 PM) *
Sold 700 tickets so far. Hoping for a good game and a performance we can be proud of (unlike last season)

I reckon we'll get close to doubling that on the gate, everyone I know going hasn't bothered getting a ticket.

Can't see us getting anything from the match tomorrow, might get a point at best but I'll go with 3-1 Tranmere.

--------------------
Chester City Football Club

+Quote Post
Alberta Blue
post Nov 11 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1819

Iain Turner only on the bench. Would have him back in a flash if it was possible.

--------------------
A BRAVE NEW DAWN.

+Quote Post
poolepirate
post Nov 11 2016, 04:35 PM
Post #18

1st team regular

Member No.: 4623

QUOTE (Arrogant Blue @ Nov 11 2016, 09:17 AM) *

I think 1 - 1.

is astles injured ? was it during last game or in training ?

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Nov 11 2016, 06:46 PM
Post #19

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Nov 11 2016, 01:12 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Nov 11 2016, 11:55 AM) *

Disappointed to hear that Roberts is still injured. The rookie GK looked well below what is required and needs to improve significantly. I think we'll do well to concede only 3. Whether we score any is another question. Elliot Durrell is talking a good game in the Chester Standard. I wish I shared his confidence.

This.

+Quote Post
MOC
post Nov 11 2016, 10:27 PM
Post #20

Deva Chat Predict-a-Score champion 2015-16

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (Alberta Blue @ Nov 11 2016, 06:31 PM) *
Iain Turner only on the bench. Would have him back in a flash if it was possible.

Not helped by injuries along the way, the number of first-team games Turner has played in his career seems far lower than it should have been.

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 12 2016, 09:50 AM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (MOC @ Nov 11 2016, 10:27 PM) *
QUOTE (Alberta Blue @ Nov 11 2016, 06:31 PM) *

Not helped by injuries along the way, the number of first-team games Turner has played in his career seems far lower than it should have been.

He has mainly been a bench warmer. Was forever on the bench at Everton, or doing the same on loan at other clubs. a complete waste of a very good keeper

+Quote Post
jack
post Nov 12 2016, 11:18 AM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

Surprised we've sold as many as 800 on pre-sale. This has pay on the day written all over it.

I expect about 1500 away fans today. As for a result, I'd be delighted with a point. COYB

+Quote Post
superkev
post Nov 12 2016, 11:50 AM
Post #23

1st team sub

Member No.: 11802

QUOTE (Blueblister @ Nov 11 2016, 03:35 PM) *

Where did you get that information from? ??
I got 2 on Thursday and was told 270.

+Quote Post
jack
post Nov 12 2016, 12:23 PM
Post #24

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

QUOTE (superkev @ Nov 12 2016, 11:50 AM) *
QUOTE (Blueblister @ Nov 11 2016, 03:35 PM) *

Where did you get that information from? ??
I got 2 on Thursday and was told 270.

Chronicle stated yesterday that 'in advance of 800' had been sold on pre-sale.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 12 2016, 02:29 PM
Post #25

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

Davies
Mangan, Cook

What you also have to realise is, you are a fully professional side with loads of money behind you, we are a hard working part-time team constructed on a small budget.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 11:39 AM