Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Important future games, Those in contention to winthe league
JamesDee
post Nov 20 2011, 12:39 AM
Post #1

JamesDee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3729

We are just two games off completing half of the full season of Evostik North Premier League games and I got to thinking about our future games with the other championship contenders. I am discounting Chorley, BPA and FC United unless they can turn things around - but I doubt it. That leaves Northwich Victoria, Hednesford Town and ourselves as the main contenders.

We play the Vics away over Christmas (26 Dec) and if we beat them we would then go top on goal difference. Then in the four weeks later (21 Jan) we play Hednesford at home and that is must win game. But supposing we do win that one then Henesford would still have two games in hand on us. So the question is: who is going to knock them off? Hednesford haven't lost a game at home and have only lost two games away. For us to get the league championship WE will need someone else to beat Hednesford in my view. Who can do that for us? They have already beaten us twice this year - once in the league and once in the Doodson Cup. So they must be a very good side.

What do you think? Who is going to beat Hednesford for us so we can win the League from them? Their games in hand are a real worry!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 20 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #2

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

There was a cheer at half time when it was announced that Hednesford were beating Chorley, which was a bit misguided really. I think Hednesford will end up as our main title rivals

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Nov 20 2011, 08:36 AM
Post #3

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

Put it this way if we finish above Hednesford then we have won it. I just don't see see Northwich winning it apart from Chorley i don't think they have really played anyone yet so they have some real tests in November/December starting with Chorley again on Tuesday

+Quote Post
PhillippeDuLait
post Nov 20 2011, 08:37 AM
Post #4

Like a Tesco's Carrier Bag

Member No.: 139

QUOTE (XWWB @ Nov 20 2011, 12:56 AM) *
There was a cheer at half time when it was announced that Hednesford were beating Chorley, which was a bit misguided really. I think Hednesford will end up as our main title rivals

Agreed with this. I couldn't care less about our so called rivalry with Chorley. I wanted them to win yesterday, draw at worst, as that would be the best result for Chester FC. Simple as that. Rivals are those sides that we immediately compete with, not those sides we have fallen out with in the past.

People need to look at the bigger picture!

--------------------
Your optimism strikes me like junkmail addressed to the dead

http://twitter.com/phillippedulait

+Quote Post
3mm
post Nov 20 2011, 09:56 AM
Post #5

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

With the recent additions to strengthen our squad, if anyone can stay with us, they'll be a good side!

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Nov 20 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #6

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (3mm @ Nov 20 2011, 08:26 PM) *
With the recent additions to strengthen our squad, if anyone can stay with us, they'll be a good side!

I agree with what you and others above have written BUT we have only got one shot at beating Hednesford and two at beating Northwich. My point is that no matter how good our team is or how good it becomes, there MUST BE other teams who can beat Hednesford besides us beating them at home in January. That is, IF we are to have the opportunity of getting more points than they can. What other teams are going to beat them and who are they? Who can you see beating them?

+Quote Post
3mm
post Nov 20 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #7

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Nov 20 2011, 10:51 AM) *
Who can you see beating them?

Don't know specifically, but they'll have funny results and off days like all teams do, and I think we'll have less than most smile.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Citizen Erased
post Nov 20 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #8

A useless article

Member No.: 1901

QUOTE (GingerNads @ Nov 20 2011, 08:37 AM) *

Agreed with this. I couldn't care less about our so called rivalry with Chorley. I wanted them to win yesterday, draw at worst, as that would be the best result for Chester FC. Simple as that. Rivals are those sides that we immediately compete with, not those sides we have fallen out with in the past.

A lot of people dont like chorley so.as long as they're losing, it doesnt matter.

As skem proved in the second half of last season, its far too early to be assuming title credentials on certain teams. we could see a late charge from an unexpected source. remember fc united were mid table half way through last season and ended up finishing 2nd.

worrying about other teams is a unneccesary distraction at the moment in my view.

+Quote Post
Carshalton exile
post Nov 20 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #9

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 7968

QUOTE (Citizen Erased @ Nov 20 2011, 11:01 AM) *
QUOTE (GingerNads @ Nov 20 2011, 08:37 AM) *

A lot of people dont like chorley so.as long as they're losing, it doesnt matter.

As skem proved in the second half of last season, its far too early to be assuming title credentials on certain teams. we could see a late charge from an unexpected source. remember fc united were mid table half way through last season and ended up finishing 2nd.

worrying about other teams is a unneccesary distraction at the moment in my view.

I agree. A lot of games to go yet there will be ups and downs for most teams. I think we have the best chance of consistancy in the second half of the season.

+Quote Post
Rob
post Nov 20 2011, 11:31 AM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2063

We need the injury list to shrink, can't believe how many players have had major injuries so far this season!

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Nov 20 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #11

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

I can see that it will be bottom clenching time again at the end of season ,My heart beats were an all time high,I will go into training for the last push!

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Nov 20 2011, 11:42 AM
Post #12

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

I think by some margin, we have the strongest squad, in our division.
It would be interesting to see how Hednesford and Northwich , would cope with similiar injuries, to the ones we have had to face.
The simple answer is that, they probably coundn't. Keep the faith.

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Nov 20 2011, 01:08 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

As above. Cliché it might be but the saying 'Teams win matches, Squads win Leagues' is generally true. You have a very good management team, by far the best squad in terms of quality in this league plus you have the means of bringing in more quality players as and when needed. In response to the question I'd start with their two games against Northwich as possibilities. Actually all teams will drop points when on paper they shouldn't. As another old football saying goes,' The problem with consistency in this league is that it's so bleeding inconsistent'.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Nov 20 2011, 01:16 PM
Post #14

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

No doubt we have a strong squad but we could still do with an extra defender. We face a big test with Horan due to miss 4 games and when we get to the business end of the season we need to know that we are equipped to face any suspension or injury problems and still go out and win games with confidence. We really dont want a repeat of last season where our form dipped at the worst possible time and we are all left checking our phones rather than watching the game during the final match of the season.

+Quote Post
West Hampshire B...
post Nov 20 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 255

Both teams have drawn at home with Matlock (I believe). Need I say more?

+Quote Post
ulster blue boy
post Nov 20 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #16

The North Terrace Posties are legends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (1midfield general @ Nov 20 2011, 11:42 AM) *
I think by some margin, we have the strongest squad, in our division.
It would be interesting to see how Hednesford and Northwich , would cope with similiar injuries, to the ones we have had to face.
The simple answer is that, they probably coundn't. Keep the faith.

Exactly.Amidst our injury problems NY is talking about thinning our squad down.

--------------------
IT ALL STARTED AT THE BRANDYWELL,THANKS GRANDAD.

ONCE A RANGER,ALWAYS A RANGER.(ROYAL IRISH THAT IS).
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CFU.

26/02/2010. NEED I SAY ANYMORE. I WILL. 10/03/2010. R.I.P. CCFC.

6TH MAY 2010,THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN.

EVO-STICK NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010-2011

EVO-STICK PREMIER CHAMPIONS 2011-2012

BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012-2013

+Quote Post
greentime
post Nov 20 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #17

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 8385

QUOTE (West Hampshire Blue @ Nov 20 2011, 04:49 PM) *

Fair point however we drew to Matlock at home after completely outplaying them 2 weeks previous, they came to the Victoria Stadium and set up for the point without mustering a single shot on target, we just failed to take our chances. We play llkeston in the FA Trophy on Saturday and if we win we won't be playing Hednesford on the 10th. Can't wait for boxing day when you visit us though, its looking like it will be a cracking game and a cracking atmosphere.

+Quote Post
Mike Griffiths
post Nov 20 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #18

1st team captain

Member No.: 1044

QUOTE (greentime @ Nov 20 2011, 08:12 PM) *

Fair point however we drew to Matlock at home after completely outplaying them 2 weeks previous, they came to the Victoria Stadium and set up for the point without mustering a single shot on target, we just failed to take our chances. We play llkeston in the FA Trophy on Saturday and if we win we won't be playing Hednesford on the 10th. Can't wait for boxing day when you visit us though, its looking like it will be a cracking game and a cracking atmosphere.

Well they did the exact same yesterday, 4-5-1 and came for the draw, and we completely outplayed them, only thing is we had the quality to score 4 and we could have had many more if it wasnt for their keeper an the post.

--------------------
Chester FC - Its the future

+Quote Post
greentime
post Nov 20 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #19

YTS Trainee

QUOTE (Mike Griffiths @ Nov 20 2011, 08:26 PM) *

Well they did the exact same yesterday, 4-5-1 and came for the draw, and we completely outplayed them, only thing is we had the quality to score 4 and we could have had many more if it wasnt for their keeper an the post.

I wouldn't even say they had a striker when they played us, they were well prepared having only faced us 2 weeks before

+Quote Post
sealandkopite
post Nov 20 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7864

Quick question Greentime, how many tickets will we be given for boxing day?

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Nov 20 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #21

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

QUOTE (sealandkopite @ Nov 20 2011, 10:44 PM) *

I've heard it will be around 1,500.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
greentime
post Nov 20 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #22

YTS Trainee

Hard to say, you will get the away end and half of the Danebank stand I would assume, and some seats. It depends on how many you say you'll bring.

+Quote Post
Mike Griffiths
post Nov 20 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #23

1st team captain

Member No.: 1044

QUOTE (greentime @ Nov 20 2011, 10:49 PM) *

Hard to say, you will get the away end and half of the Danebank stand I would assume, and some seats. It depends on how many you say you'll bring.

I think we could potentially bring 2,000 for this one. Surely your club isn't in a position to knock back any fans???

--------------------
Chester FC - Its the future

+Quote Post
greentime
post Nov 20 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #24

YTS Trainee

QUOTE (Mike Griffiths @ Nov 20 2011, 10:53 PM) *
QUOTE (greentime @ Nov 20 2011, 10:49 PM) *

I think we could potentially bring 2,000 for this one. Surely your club isn't in a position to knock back any fans???

I couldn't accurately say how many you will get but I imagine if you sell all the tickets we give you originally you will get more

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Nov 21 2011, 07:45 AM
Post #25

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Hugh Jass @ Nov 20 2011, 08:36 AM) *
Put it this way if we finish above Hednesford then we have won it. I just don't see see Northwich winning it apart from Chorley i don't think they have really played anyone yet so they have some real tests in November/December starting with Chorley again on Tuesday

Northwich can't be a bad side. I thought there was a decent chance they would drop points at Rushall last weekend, they went there and won 3-0 against what was the stingiest defence in the league at the time.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 11:56 PM