+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jul 7 2011, 08:42 AM
Post #2

Sept 7 1968 a Great day for Football
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 777

Not many fans want Lowe. Too old, too expensive and on to much money, and he didn't impress us last time we had him, in League 2

We're much more excited about Vardy and Mconville.

Personally I'm looking forward to hamman getting fit and pulling the shirt on.

--------------------

Legend - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gannon

Sir Danny Bergara 1943 - 2007 R.I.P.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Willington Blue
post Jul 7 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #3

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 7499

QUOTE (Colin Potts @ Jul 7 2011, 09:42 AM) *
Not many fans want Lowe. Too old, too expensive and on to much money, and he didn't impress us last time we had him, in League 2

There's no chance lowe would want to come to you!! think your missing he was L2 player of the season, top goal scorer and in team of the year - awful player tho! i think Sheffield wednesday, sheff united and preston are more attractive than wrexscum, cambridge, southport - That lad from accrington won't wanna join you as well! you may well get vardy but he has just signed a contract at halifax, only had one good season - Got a bit of money and think everyone wants to join you

+Quote Post
City Boy
post Jul 7 2011, 09:28 AM
Post #4

Squad player

Member No.: 5587

QUOTE (Willington Blue @ Jul 7 2011, 09:49 AM) *

There's no chance lowe would want to come to you!! think your missing he was L2 player of the season, top goal scorer and in team of the year - awful player tho! i think Sheffield wednesday, sheff united and preston are more attractive than wrexscum, cambridge, southport - That lad from accrington won't wanna join you as well! you may well get vardy but he has just signed a contract at halifax, only had one good season - Got a bit of money and think everyone wants to join you

Think you may have missed the boat with the CP wit there!

--------------------
Staying on the positive side of life rather than the dark side that contains the Prophets of Doom

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jul 7 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (City Boy @ Jul 7 2011, 10:28 AM) *

Indeed.

and lets be realistic, Lowe's a 32 year old journeyman footballer. Would he be bothered about dropping 2 divisions for a substantial pay rise ? Course he wouldn't.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bear in the Big ...
post Jul 7 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Colin Potts @ Jul 7 2011, 10:37 AM) *
QUOTE (City Boy @ Jul 7 2011, 10:28 AM) *

Indeed.

and lets be realistic, Lowe's a 32 year old journeyman footballer. Would he be bothered about dropping 2 divisions for a substantial pay rise ? Course he wouldn't.

The problem is the fee that Bury want, I'm sure Ryan would drop to whatever level as long as he was rewarded for it. That's football it's all about the kerching!

--------------------
Proud to be one spot of rain in a "shower of fools"

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Jul 7 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #7

1st team captain

Member No.: 217

Couldnt help but laugh when i saw these bids being made. Ryan Lowe top goalscorer in league 2 and now a league 1 player, am sure he will be looking for a move two leagues lower! Next up you will get Kevin Ellison and Phil Jevons linked. Dont think Hamann quite knows what he is letting himself in for with these clowns.

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

World Cup Doubles Champion - 28/7/05

'A member of the DCFC Prankster Organisation'

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Jul 7 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #8

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

the next thing will be a ground share with droylesden

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Jul 7 2011, 01:12 PM
Post #9

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Jul 7 2011, 01:52 PM) *

Lots of speculation and pie in the sky and basically stuff that wont likely happen "next " at Stockport.

My turn
Potts will have a bath and get himself a proper job next,mark my words

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jul 7 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Jul 7 2011, 02:12 PM) *

Lots of speculation and pie in the sky and basically stuff that wont likely happen "next " at Stockport.

My turn

Yeah right oyem. As if. Baths are for girls.

Next thing you'll be saying we're signing Jamie Hand !

Oh s**t

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/Latest...2388108,00.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jul 7 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #11

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

The £100K bid for Ryan Lowe absolutely reeks of Steven Vaughan I'm afraid. Very familiar situation. Ambitious Liverpool-based targets, long drawn-out public bidding, "six-figure sums". I hope I'm wrong

+Quote Post
John CFC
post Jul 7 2011, 04:56 PM
Post #12

1st team regular

Member No.: 7687

The stupidity of paying that much for a 30+ year old strker definatley seems like SV is involved with Stockport Sadly

+Quote Post
Chester Lion
post Jul 7 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1498

Lost a lot of respect for Lowe anyway when he went on the radio and defended SV even at the death of CCFC.

--------------------
QUOTE (King Monkey @ Mar 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
I love a good internet argument, much more fun than going out of the house and seeing real people.

"I have enough money to keep this club afloat for the rest of my life, should I wish to do it."

Gone but not forgotten, Stephen Vaughan ROT IN HELL!!!

+Quote Post
West Hampshire B...
post Jul 7 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 255

You will be making a bid for Paul Taylor next Pottsy.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jul 7 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #15

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (West Hampshire Blue @ Jul 7 2011, 06:42 PM) *
You will be making a bid for Paul Taylor next Pottsy.

...i would've thought Ryan Lowe would think twice about joining another SV stable again.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Jul 8 2011, 06:14 AM
Post #16

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (Colin Potts @ Jul 7 2011, 02:59 PM) *
QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Jul 7 2011, 02:12 PM) *

My turn

Yeah right oyem. As if. Baths are for girls.

Next thing you'll be saying we're signing Jamie Hand !

Oh s**t

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/Latest...2388108,00.html

That link only says he impressed during training,you fail to realise he is a trainee groundsman now.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Elton Blues
post Jul 8 2011, 09:15 AM
Post #17

Our City, Our Community, Our Club
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

It all sounds so familiar doesn't it, big name signings announced before they actually come off, half of the fans suggesting caution whilst the other half say things like "I don't care where the money comes from", familiar names being touted as new signings. Buckle up for a rough ride Pottsy, great at first then boom.

--------------------
I am one of the thousands of fools and proud of it!

+Quote Post
Chris
post Jul 8 2011, 09:47 AM
Post #18

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jul 7 2011, 09:16 PM) *
...i would've thought Ryan Lowe would think twice about joining another SV stable again.

Why? His mate Steve put his heart and soul into Chester City and was let down by everyone else not backing him. I'm sure he'd relish the opportunity to have Vaughan as his paymaster again.

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jul 8 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Elton Blues @ Jul 8 2011, 10:15 AM) *
It all sounds so familiar doesn't it, big name signings announced before they actually come off, half of the fans suggesting caution whilst the other half say things like "I don't care where the money comes from", familiar names being touted as new signings. Buckle up for a rough ride Pottsy, great at first then boom.

Sale Sharks were slowly putting us out of business anyway EB. Least this way we'll get a season or 2' entertainment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Jul 8 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

Halifax boss Neil Aspin has branded Stockport County’s bid to prise Jamie Vardy to Edgeley Park as ‘unacceptable’. County, relegated from the Football League in May, appointed former Liverpool defender Dietmar Hamann as manager this week following a takeover. And reports coming out of Edgeley Park suggested they had offered £50,000 for Vardy who signed a new three year contract with the Shaymen towards the end of last season.

'Stockport made an offer which we have rejected as unacceptable and that’s it', said Aspin, who appeared unconcerned by the unwanted attention one of his star players was attracting. 'I have told Jamie that, so everyone is in the picture. I do not like the fact that Stockport made the offer public. But it will take a bigger club than Stockport County to make an offer that unsettles Jamie'.

+Quote Post
Mark Wrights Blu...
post Jul 8 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #21

Squad player

Member No.: 120

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Jul 8 2011, 12:37 PM) *
Halifax boss Neil Aspin has branded Stockport County’s bid to prise Jamie Vardy to Edgeley Park as ‘unacceptable’. County, relegated from the Football League in May, appointed former Liverpool defender Dietmar Hamann as manager this week following a takeover. And reports coming out of Edgeley Park suggested they had offered £50,000 for Vardy who signed a new three year contract with the Shaymen towards the end of last season.

'Stockport made an offer which we have rejected as unacceptable and that’s it', said Aspin, who appeared unconcerned by the unwanted attention one of his star players was attracting. 'I have told Jamie that, so everyone is in the picture. I do not like the fact that Stockport made the offer public. But it will take a bigger club than Stockport County to make an offer that unsettles Jamie'.

Very familiar ring to all these 'offers', quote impressive big figures in the press before any offer has been made, then make a much lower offer in reality (if any).

If I was Halifax I wouldn't sell a player to a club operating their business in the press & surely our board must start questioning if we want to re-consider playing them in a pre-season friendly!!

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jul 8 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mark Wrights Blue&White Army @ Jul 8 2011, 01:25 PM) *

Very familiar ring to all these 'offers', quote impressive big figures in the press before any offer has been made, then make a much lower offer in reality (if any).

If I was Halifax I wouldn't sell a player to a club operating their business in the press & surely our board must start questioning if we want to re-consider playing them in a pre-season friendly!!

Unlikely. That'll cost you at least £ 5000 gate receipts from County fans.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 8 2011, 12:32 PM
Post #23

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

QUOTE (Colin Potts @ Jul 8 2011, 01:30 PM) *

If it does turn out Vaughan is involved I would fully back cancelling the friendly. The only way to stop him re-emerging in the game is to make it clear to his business partners that football clubs will refuse to do business with the likes of Vaughan or anybody he works with.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jul 8 2011, 12:48 PM
Post #24

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

A Doncaster supporter I know reckons we never paid them for Blundell, or at least not in full.

I think we should cancel the Stockport friendly

+Quote Post
Mark Wrights Blu...
post Jul 8 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #25

Squad player

Member No.: 120

QUOTE (Colin Potts @ Jul 8 2011, 01:30 PM) *

So you reckon you're going to bring over 700 full paying adults to a pre-season friendly??

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th March 2021 - 02:33 PM