2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Very sorry for you all, Opposition fans post your support here
Guest_TrfcMiff_*
post Feb 19 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #26

Guests

Another Tranmere fan here biggrin.gif

Really hope the situation is sorted soon and hopefully we will meet again sometimes soon.
Hoping to get myself down there soon to watch a game also, every little helps.

cityscarf.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_TrfcMiff_*
post Feb 19 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #27

Guests

Another Tranmere fan here biggrin.gif

Really hope the situation is sorted soon and hopefully we will meet again sometimes soon.
Hoping to get myself down there soon to watch a game also, every little helps.

cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Albion_*
post Feb 19 2010, 03:19 PM
Post #28

Guests

Good Luck to you all, whatever comes of the situation.

Witton Albion supporter.

+Quote Post
Guest_cland_*
post Feb 21 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #29

Guests

guiness.gif didnt rambo molby single handed roll a car on forest st ! what a viking saga this !

+Quote Post
Guest_Tranmere Rovers FC_*
post Feb 26 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #30

Guests

Tranmere fan just wishing you good luck for today. Hope you get what the fans want.

Always looked forward to our games against each other and hope someday we shall meet again.

+Quote Post
Guest_Stavvy_*
post Feb 26 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #31

Guests

RIP

All the best for the future guys from a Shrewsbury fan

Now you can get shut of the Vaughan family

+Quote Post
Guest_Cardiganshire Harrier_*
post Feb 26 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #32

Guests

RIP Chester, and good luck for the future. You WILL rise again.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Feb 26 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #33

Guests

Another Barrow supporter here.

A sad day for a famous old club and friends from the Football League days. I sincerely hope that some good comes out of all this mess and that a new Chester, run by supporters for supporters, will rise from the ashes of the old.

Best wishes for the future.

+Quote Post
Guest_CrackShot_*
post Feb 26 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #34

Guests

Shots fan in peace. And how we know your pain...

To paraphrase horribly : Chester is dead. Long live Chester.

cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_SHAYMAN_*_*
post Feb 26 2010, 01:49 PM
Post #35

Guests

Really feel for you at this time. Hope you live to fight another day sad.gif

You will be back i'm sure, best regards ,a loyal Halifax Town fan

+Quote Post
Churton Blue
post Feb 26 2010, 07:06 PM
Post #36

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 4879

I would like to thank all those who have posted here for their support. As fans you know how people like me feel on a day such as this. One day football clubs will cease to be the play things of wealthy men and men who pretend to be wealthy.

Again thanks to those who have posted and those that will post. bowdown.gif

cityscarf.gif

This post has been edited by Churton Blue: Feb 26 2010, 07:07 PM

+Quote Post
Paddington Wombl...
post Feb 27 2010, 09:50 AM
Post #37

Debut

Member No.: 5194

Lots of us at AFC Wimbledon are thinking of you. The only way now is up!

QUOTE (Churton Blue @ Feb 26 2010, 07:06 PM) *
I would like to thank all those who have posted here for their support. As fans you know how people like me feel on a day such as this. One day football clubs will cease to be the play things of wealthy men and men who pretend to be wealthy.

Again thanks to those who have posted and those that will post. bowdown.gif

cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Mar 11 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #38

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 4249

I have read all the messages on the main forum and the guest forum and they bring a tear to my eyes and i just want to say a big thankyou for your kind words of support it means alot to us cityscarf.gif

--------------------
21 Forest Green 30 4 4 7 13 20 2 4 9 16 35 -26 26
22 Gateshead 29 4 3 7 13 16 3 2 10 19 30 -14 25
23 Grays Athletic 30 3 3 10 14 33 0 5 9 13 31 -37 17
24 Chester 28 3 1 9 13 19 2 6 7 10 23 -19 -3

Thanks alot SV you've made history weve never been so low now fook off and take your puppets with you

+Quote Post
ex sandgrounder
post Mar 18 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #39

Debut

Member No.: 5280

Hi guys,
Am a Hibs supporter in Edinburgh but lived in Southport for ten years in the 60s and have happy memories of visits to Sealand Rd. When I heard of your demise, posted this on the Hibs messageboard, just to show you're not forgotten. Best of luck with the relaunch.

Though today's Chester is a very different outfit, I think this tale is relevant. Back in the 60s, as a teenager, I lived in Southport for ten years, and, while still a Hibee, supported the local team. In 1966, they were second in the Fourth Division and set fair for promotion for the first time in their history. On Boxing Day, after a bumper 7000 crowd v Wrexham, the wooden main stand - similar to the infamous one at Valley Parade, Bradford - burned to the ground. Thank God it was in the early hours and the ground was deserted. But as I stood there next morning, 14 years old, tears in my eyes surrounded by a bed of smouldering ash, I thought it was the end of the team. Apart from a giant safe that contained the players' contacts and was fused shut with the heat, nothing remained above ground, the club had lost literally everything. They had a fixture to fulfill in three days time and if they didn't turn up, they'd be out the league.

Then Chester FC sent Southport a set of kit, some balls and equipment, and the team survived, and won promotion. When we visited their old ground at Sealand Rd, their supporters held a collection for Southport and cheered the team on to the pitch.

It was one of the most impressive gestures I've come across in 50 years of supporting football - and I wonder if it could or would happen today.

So, though the most recent owners may have got it wrong, I can't help but feel for the supporters and I'll never forget that act of solidarity. I'll always have a soft spot for Chester and their fans, and I hope they can come back somehow.

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Mar 19 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #40

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 4249

QUOTE (ex sandgrounder @ Mar 18 2010, 10:10 PM) *
Hi guys,
Am a Hibs supporter in Edinburgh but lived in Southport for ten years in the 60s and have happy memories of visits to Sealand Rd. When I heard of your demise, posted this on the Hibs messageboard, just to show you're not forgotten. Best of luck with the relaunch.

Though today's Chester is a very different outfit, I think this tale is relevant. Back in the 60s, as a teenager, I lived in Southport for ten years, and, while still a Hibee, supported the local team. In 1966, they were second in the Fourth Division and set fair for promotion for the first time in their history. On Boxing Day, after a bumper 7000 crowd v Wrexham, the wooden main stand - similar to the infamous one at Valley Parade, Bradford - burned to the ground. Thank God it was in the early hours and the ground was deserted. But as I stood there next morning, 14 years old, tears in my eyes surrounded by a bed of smouldering ash, I thought it was the end of the team. Apart from a giant safe that contained the players' contacts and was fused shut with the heat, nothing remained above ground, the club had lost literally everything. They had a fixture to fulfill in three days time and if they didn't turn up, they'd be out the league.

Then Chester FC sent Southport a set of kit, some balls and equipment, and the team survived, and won promotion. When we visited their old ground at Sealand Rd, their supporters held a collection for Southport and cheered the team on to the pitch.

It was one of the most impressive gestures I've come across in 50 years of supporting football - and I wonder if it could or would happen today.

So, though the most recent owners may have got it wrong, I can't help but feel for the supporters and I'll never forget that act of solidarity. I'll always have a soft spot for Chester and their fans, and I hope they can come back somehow.

Thanks for the kind words cityscarf.gif ive always been impressed with the Hibs fans passion and commitment to your team cityscarf.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkGxNxiN8rU
Do you think the Hibs fans would be willing to hold a bucket collect for us now and help out the CFU and help us secure our football club ? that would be a great help to us if its possible .
If it can be done please try we need all the help we can get now again many thanks for your kind words they mean so much to us and were not finished yet biggrin.gif
As you say weve done it in the past and now we need the same help and support please post that on your forum help us secure the club we love aswell bowdown.gif many thanks

This post has been edited by blue thunder: Mar 19 2010, 10:40 PM

--------------------
21 Forest Green 30 4 4 7 13 20 2 4 9 16 35 -26 26
22 Gateshead 29 4 3 7 13 16 3 2 10 19 30 -14 25
23 Grays Athletic 30 3 3 10 14 33 0 5 9 13 31 -37 17
24 Chester 28 3 1 9 13 19 2 6 7 10 23 -19 -3

Thanks alot SV you've made history weve never been so low now fook off and take your puppets with you

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 01:15 PM