Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Update On My YouTube Channel
Rio Doherty
post Oct 22 2021, 10:48 PM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

I have come to the conclusion that I am no longer going to upload matchday vlogs on my YouTube channel. This has been a really difficult decision to make considering so many of you have enjoyed my vlogs over the years, but the amount of work I have to put into them is too overwhelming now given I live a very busy life. Due to me studying at university, having two day jobs, going out with my mates a lot, amongst all of the voluntary work I do at Chester FC, on social media, and on the radio etc. I just haven’t got the time at all to upload my vlogs anymore as it takes a few hours to edit them, plus an hour or so to export and upload them. Also, I want to live in the real moment a bit more by just enjoying watching Chester FC matches in a relaxing manner, without the hassle of whipping my phone out in the middle of a goal celebration, and recording our brilliant supporters singing with one hand and bashing a board with the other 😂. Since ‘the incident’ back in February 2019 I haven’t been able to record the actual match so in a sense I have lived in the real moment a bit more, although I’d now rather just stop vlogging altogether and enjoy away days out etc. and stand back and watch the match without recording it.

This isn’t the end of my YouTube channel however, as I instead plan to record a match review after each game where I basically breakdown and analyse the match, while I also may continue to upload my match previews. Therefore, my channel will still be very much alive albeit without content from during the match. In total, I have 6,451 followers on social media which is insane so I obviously have a large presence on here, while 638 of that amount are subscribers on YouTube which is sublime given I upload content regarding a club in the sixth tier. Thus, it would be a huge shame if I discontinued my channel altogether as I’ve put in so much hard work over the years without getting paid a single penny, so I look forward to delivering content in an alternative manner. If you have reached this far, I thank you all very much for your understanding and I look forward to carry on uploading YouTube content as many people have said it is good PR and publicity for Chester FC. Volunteering in our club shop on a matchday, selling 50/50 tickets, writing match reports on here, having my own show on a radio station, being the new social media manager for City Fans United, as well as my two other paid jobs and university stuff amounts to a lot of my time, so I look forward to finding out what lies ahead in the future. See you all at York tomorrow, and let’s hope we will turn our season around. UTS 🔵⚪️🎥.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th November 2021 - 03:08 AM